• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Mutants Last Hope RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Codename: Ember

Sam smiled softly at the way he spoke about the Xmen. Even after all this time, they were seen with a glimmer of hope. She was ashamed to admit but there was a time where she wondered what was the point of it all. The fighting never seemed to stop, and she could no longer see an end on the horizon. She kept these doubts to herself. There was nothing worse than spreading ill content throughout the camps. "I'm grateful that you think so." She responded with a genuine smile. That smile dimmed a bit when she noticed how uncomfortable her question made them two. It was still amazing to see how in sync they were with each other. "I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable with that question. Sometimes I'm too curious for my own good" She apologized, hoping she hadn't offended them. She felt like she should crawl in a hole right about now. Sam turned her attention to Phoebe as the girl introduced herself. Sam smiled at the way the girl seemed to tangle herself up to shake their hands but she didn't hesitate to take her hand.

Phoebe would have felt the same shock that Duke felt when he touched her hand as if touching a live wire. Sam let go of her hand quickly so the effect would be brief. She glanced quickly back to Duke once Phoebe asked basically the same question that she had. Maybe that's why he felt so uncomfortable. It was probably one of the first things that people asked them when first meeting them. She felt a twinge of guilt at the thought. Her eyes flickered to Phoebe before landing back onto Duke at her question. "I wouldn't say intimidating, exactly. I'd say more interesting" She replied, hoping not to make him uncomfortable once more. Her attention suddenly snapped to the ceiling as her hand reached to a holster on her hip where she kept a set of knives, her wings instantly unfurling to their natural size. It took her a couple of seconds to realize that it wasn't an attack but another of the newcomers showing off their skills. Fireworks. She let out a soft embarrassed laugh as her wings folded back and her hand dropped to her side. "Sorry about that" She murmured.

Elekta Kount Elekta Kount
younGrandon younGrandon

ERIC VANTA : Pompeii
Interaction : Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6
Mention : _Exodus_ _Exodus_

The room had filled even more, and Eric's eyes moved over them intensely - trying to figure out who they all were and what they could do. He noticed that he had become a bit distracted, and he looked back at the little girl close to him, a small apologetic smile on his face. He held out a hand and shook Phantasma's hand. He spoke for the first time since entering the room, his voice slightly more gravely than most his age. "Hello, Phantasma. I am Eric." His tone was soft and smooth, and his smile turned only slightly reminiscent of a smirk. He was about to ask her another question when there was an explosion. The room was suddenly filled with shocks of green light and noise, and within a blink his entire body dissolved into smoke, rising as though pushed by a gust of wind, before mixing with some of that coming off the fading fireworks - collecting against the surface of the ceiling. The smoke jittered across the white roof, as though a current of electricity was running through it. A few moments later, the erratic movements slowed. Then it finally stopped, turning into a gentle, undulating blanket of shadow.

He stayed there for a few moments, before slowly the smoke descended, gingerly settling against the chair - The vague humanoid form flickering in and out of existence for a few moments, before seeming to form into something tangible once more. He looked around the room, noticing that they were not under attack and that no one else seemed to have reacted in a similar manner. Slightly embarrassed, he looked down at his shaking hands, not meeting the eyes of the others, taking a deep breath before he took out a new cigarette - his hands still shaking. "Sorry about that." He looked at Phantasma. "Nasty habit, I'm afraid. Sentinals firing on you out of nowhere, and all that..." His fingers tried to grasp the white cylinder, but his grip seemed to be both too harsh - crushing it at points - while also being too sloppy as it almost fell through his fingers more than once. With his other shaking hand he patted his pockets for his lighter, while trying to smile at Phantasma - but it formed little more than a grimace. "Just... give me a moment." Finally giving up, he placed the tip of the cigarette on his tongue, where after a second the tip started glowing, after which he quickly turned it around and started breathing in. Deeply. Immediately it settled his nerves a bit, his legs stopping almost entirely - his hands slowly slowing as well. "Uh... interesting name. Trickster. Did you choose it?" His calm demeanour returned slowly, as he sat back up - making sure to keep his eyes just on her for the most part. He could not help them flying towards Max - or rather, his hands, every now and then, keeping a lookout for any sudden sparks of light and sound.

Phantasma giggled at the explosion. "Beautiful!" She shrieked happily and clapped her hands. She turned back to Eric and found he was gone. She looked around in confusion. Had he been an illusion? She was used to her mind creating images without her consent. "Shoot." She sighed, but then her attention was drawn to smoke forming in a chair. Eric came out of the smoke in the chair and fumbled for a cigarette. She bounded over to him again, giggling as her bell jingled. "I've never had sentinels come after me. My creators didn't want to get caught, so my genes were made undetectable." She shrugged. A perk of being made.
"And sort of. Trickster came about after aaaaall the pranks I played on people. So it was me who led them to calling me Trickster, but it wasn't my idea." She turned around and bent backwards until the top of her head touched the arm of his chair. "Would you like to see why I'm called Trickster?!" Before he could even answer a pale girl's face replaced her own. Her black skin turned flesh colored and big blue eyes looked up at him. Her blonde hair spilled into his lap and she wore a simple red sundress instead of her costume. She still remained in her back bend as her body slowly turned to mist, immediately sinking down to the floor and dissipating. It was almost as if she never existed at all.

A L M O S A L M O S

duke-png.466572

Respawn
"Oh, uh, no worries, we get that all the time..." 55 said as he raised a hand, trying to be reassuring. "...we're just, erm, careful about who we like about our abilities...but since your with the X-men, I don't think..."
"Sentinels!?"
"Shit!"

One of the clones on the wall said, as all the Dukes in the room reached for their weapons at the sound of explosions, some of whom had already drew their small arms and were pointing them at the explosion.
"Hold your fire! Hold your fire!"
"The hell was that?"
"Are we under attack?"
"I think...fireworks?"
"Dammit man! Didn't whoever's mamma teach them not to play with fireworks indoors?"
55 and Duke on the other hand had also jumped a bit; as the former had his hand on his pistol and the latter was now gripping onto his submachine gun. Both of them breathed a sigh of relief...though they there hands did not remove themselves from their respective weapons.
"Eh...don't be..." 55 said as he looked back, while Duke just closed his eyes. "...we also kinda get jumpy...you know how it is up there...sentinels an' all..."
"C-Crap..." If one were to listen, they'd hear a muffled yet horsey voice came from behind the ain hall door. "...I-I pulled the pin!"
"Oh f-"
"Go, get on it!"
"Everyone else! Get back!"
"Shit, shit, shit"
A bit of screaming could be heard outside, as well as what sounded lke a bunch of people dog piling somthing. A moment later, yelling and screaming could be heard from the hall...but there were no bangs.
"Ah! I can't see!"
"WHAT! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
"Is this finally heaven?"
"Dammit man, that was a flashbang!"

"Oh..."
55 and Duke were suddenly blinking real hard, looking rather...dazed, from some reason. It took them a minute, before the blinking stopped, as they now had their attentions on the two women in front of them.
"S-sorry...kinda got...blindsided there..."
Lassy Lassy younGrandon younGrandon

Once the firework receded, David looked around at the astonished faces. He then realized he was an idiot. He facepalmed himself for it. He had accidentally scared a guy into attack mode, who then went into a gaseous state.

As David removed his hand, he payed eyes upon a beautiful woman. Now to others she may not have been beautiful, but to David she was magnificent. He was set into a trance.
younGrandon younGrandon

Phoebe

Phoebe jerked her hand back away from Sam, her face twisting in brief discomfort, “damn.” She murmured but basically shook it off, “friggin’ static shock,” she mumbled, though, admittedly, that was the strongest instance of static she had ever experienced. Normally it was just alarming but that kind of hurt. Even so, Sam did not seem to notice and Phoebe tilted her head curiously. She was somewhere between suspicion and writing it off as nothing before a shooting light caught her eye. She locked her eyes onto it just in time for it to erupt into a brilliant light and an echoing bang followed by a wave of fear and chaos over everyone present.

Whether it was the sudden disturbance itself or the erupting commotion, Phoebe snapped into a low defensive stance, practically snarling and all, her biggest concern being if powers and weapons started flying with this many people in an enclosed area. She remained as low and still as possible while her eyes darted around the room. As things began to calm down and no threat appeared to be present. Phoebe began to stand up straight again, slowly.

It was like someone had just played a prank on a room full of war veterans. She could still hear some commotion outside the room - probably people double checking to make sure whatever had happened was just some kind of accident. Phoebe let out an agitated huff and then a long sigh to calm herself. “‘Least now we know everyone’s awake. Jeez…” she grumbled and looked toward her immediate company to give them a once over. They were on edge but they seemed well enough. That was until the identical men started looking like they had been knocked over the head a few good times.

“You guys alright there? Err, hello.” It seemed they were having the same symptoms simultaneously and after a few moments they seemed to shake off whatever had happened at the same time as well. Phoebe had a look of confusion mixed with concern on her face. Maybe they all shared some kind of mental link of sorts? She was about to open her mouth again before she noticed another guy, blonde and not wearing a red bandana - totally different than the Red Rebels - starving off like he was stunned as well.

“Ah hell, it’s happenin’ ta that guy too…” No sooner did the words leave her mouth did she scrutinize her own logic. She turned her head to look behind her - nothing directly behind her - and then back to him. Was he looking at her? “Eh? What, is there, like, somethin’ on me?” she indirectly posed the question to the trio nearest her.

And then she rose her voice toward the questionably dazed man, “uh, hey dude, uh, are you okay?” Maybe the effect of the fireworks had some kind of lasting effect on him? If he was just staring at her, she normally only got that response from normal humans. In fact, it was making her antsy, “kinda freakin’ me out..,” her tone betrayed her growing anxiety.

Maybe he could see ghosts..?

Lassy Lassy Elekta Kount Elekta Kount _Exodus_ _Exodus_

Last edited:
“I uh um,” Max attempts to say.
No logical words were coming out of his mouth. He turned towards the purple haired woman and shrunken man.
“Excuse me,” Max says before departing.

He moves through the crowd. He could have sworn there was a breeze, but it probably was his ability kicking in. He made his way over to Phoebe and the rebels.
They seemed to be enjoying themselves.

“I’m Max, and you would be?” Max asks.
He extended his hand for her to shake. His hand was still a little hot from the firework, so he shook it until it was cold.
“I’m sorry for that explosion,” Max apologizes to the rebels, “it was meant to be a demonstration of powers.

Lassy Lassy Elekta Kount Elekta Kount younGrandon younGrandon

Years of surviving and fighting against the Sentinels had obviously left its mark on all of them. As each one of them reacted in a defensive way. She was impressed, at least she knew that if there was an actual surprise attack, they were prepared. She just hoped that Colossus and Quicksilver didn't get too annoyed by the sudden display of power. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she ran a hand through her long hair, trying to ignore the rush of adrenaline and the sudden realization of how many people were in the hall. It was getting more stifling by the second. Sam refocused on Phoebe, frowning softly at the reaction of her touch. Sam was starting to think that she was going to abstain from handshaking in the near future. She glanced to Duke and paused at the expression on their faces.

She grew a bit worried especially after hearing what happened outside. What kind of bond did they have? "Is everything alright?" She asked him with concern. Their bond seemed to go beyond just telepathy. Was it possible that they also feel each other injuries? She returned her attention to Phoebe at her question. "No, I don't think so" She replied, it was obviously unnerving her. Sam glanced towards the man in question, noting that it was the one who had displayed his power earlier. She watched as he approached their little group and introduced himself, noting that he was mostly directing his attention to Phoebe. She glanced to Duke for a moment and lifted her shoulder in a half a shrug. Wondering what was happening.

Elekta Kount Elekta Kount
younGrandon younGrandon
@
_Exodus_ _Exodus_

WhipDing WhipDing
_Exodus_ _Exodus_

Nickie did her best to look at Tyler as answered her question. She had heard OT mutants who could increase and/or decrease their size, but their natural size was usually within normal human perimeters. But that was the thing about mutations. Once you thought you've seen everything, something new popped up.

The sudden pop of Max's fireworks caused Nickie to jump. She hadn't been ready and it hit her enhanced ears a little hard.

"They are certainly loud." She commented to Max as she worked her jaw to lesson the ringing.

Max's sudden interest in a new comer got Nickie to look around at the other volunteers looked like. Some obvious looking mutations here and there. Plus a group of guys all with red bandannas? She glanced down at Tyler to see if he was still on her shoulder.

"Sorry for the jump." She said. "I'm Nickie, by the way."

duke-png.466572

Respawn
"That's a hella of a way to flirt with people, ain't it."
"Better then how we normally do it."
Meanwhile, 55 and Duke still seemed a bit dazed, as both were hearing a bit of ringing...though it faded in time for them to here the questions directed towards them.
"Erm...we're fine..." 55 said, as he looking over to Sam, the ringing was starting to subside. "...just a little headache...to say the least...it's fine, honest."
Duke then tapped 55's shoulder, who looked over right in-time to see Duke gesture at the newcomer. As 55 looked over, he nodding slightly, before speaking to this Max fella.
"Geez, you shouldn't do somthing like that, at least not indoors of all places...what if somthing caught on fire? Huh?"
_Exodus_ _Exodus_ Lassy Lassy younGrandon younGrandon

Phoebe

And now he was marching over toward her. On edge, her eyes darted over him, and everything around him, but she could not discern a threat. At least he appeared to be cognizant again.

Her face screamed skepticism, but she took his hand when offered, “Phoebe.” She noticed the alarming warmth of his touch - maybe handshakes were a bad idea considering; she decided to forgo them moving forward - maybe an elbow tap? A wave might work fine…

When he announced himself, and his folly, she breathed a half-amused scoff.

She nodded along with the Red Rebel’s words, “T’was pretty dumb. Not ta mention ya freaked us all out.” Phoebe glanced back to the others, remembering their weapons and briefly wondering how accurate they were. Back on target: she shrugged, “hell, I guess it was a good prank, if that’s what you were goin’ for. That’d probably stun someone if ya hit ‘em with it, though. Probably shouldn’t be poppin’ off in here like that, anyhow…” She eyed him up and down rapidly then squinted her eyes.

She was near a snarl, “you enjoy much time top-side, Max?” she accused, threatening. A handful of minute particulars - cleanliness alongside primp and prime - stood out to her.

Lassy Lassy Elekta Kount Elekta Kount _Exodus_ _Exodus_

What he hadn't been as prepared for was the sudden jolt from underneath, sending him tumbling for a brief second. He managed to regain his grip just before her elbow - he hadn't survived this last at this size without developing some pretty fast reflexes. What it did remind him of, though, was that he wasn't ever truly safe, even if people did know he was here.

He clambered back up onto the shoulder, his little ears still recovering. He'd naturally been one of the closest to the explosion, and it hadn't exactly been pleasant. Thankfully, the offender had moved away, but Tyler still made a mental note to keep an eye on him future. He certainly seemed... unpredictable.

"Not a problem," he replied, knowing that it wasn't exactly a conscious movement. "So, um... Nickie. Any idea why we're here?

DistantAnthem DistantAnthem

Last edited:
“Well on the top,”Max explains, “I own a bar. I house and protect mutants while the X-men transports then. I’m safe for the mos tort since Sentinels don’t react to me.”

Max smiled. His heart pounded. He was sure people noticed his behavior, but maybe they didn’t. Maybe it was just all inside his head.
younGrandon younGrandon

It was obvious to her that Max was really only interested in Phoebe. She hid a soft smile, it was bound to happen. A new group of refugee always came wrapped in a little drama and sprinkled with a bit of crush here and there. Although with the way Phoebe reacted to Max, it was going to take a lot for her to realize the true intent of his interest. Sam was just adept at reading people. Once she listened to his answer on whether he's been topside did she realize why she recognized him. She's been to his bar a few times. It was dangerous for her to go topside but most of her missions required her to do so. She managed to hide her wings fairly well which gave her a bit of leeway. Not to mention, she would go insane if she was stuck underground for long periods of time. Even now she was itching to get out. If there was a chance to do so before whatever Colossus had in mind, she would do just that. She needed to stretch her wings anyways. Sam brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear as she observed the conversation between the two. "I can vouch for his bar Phoebe, if it helps" She supplied, noting the way she seemed to eye most people with distrust. A habit that she was sure most people in this room had. She glanced to the Duke's nodding at his explanation. They both seemed to recover from whatever had affected them earlier.

_Exodus_ _Exodus_ @ Elekta Kount Elekta Kount younGrandon younGrandon

WhipDing WhipDing

“Plenty of ideas.” Nickie answered, her gaze switching back to Colossus and Quicksilver. “Though nothing concrete until our hosts speak up.”

Taking a quick look around, she took careful note of everyone who had shown up. None seemed infirm, though one did look like a child. Some basic power introductions were going on, with others having more obvious, physical mutations on display.

“My primary theory is that we are being sized up as volunteers.” She continued in a lower tone so that anyone other than Tyler shouldn’t be able to hear her clearly. “Maybe for a special task, maybe just as a standard operating procedure. Not enough info to determine which. Either way, we may be asked to risk our lives.”

Looking back at Tyler, a look of concern flickered through Nickie’s eyes.

“Are you up for that?” She asked in a guarded tone.

Libery Island Destroyed.jpg
A Mutants Last Hope
THE YEAR IS 2020

CLASSIFIED LOCATION NY City, Central Park. Underground Free Mutants Safe Haven
Leading Mutant Piotr "Colossus" Rasputin
Scout Party Leader Pietro "Quicksilver" Maximoff
Colossus.jpg
Quicksilver.jpg

Colossus was standing next to Quicksilver with his arms crossed and had a hardly noticeable grin across his face. Looking at all the refugees who willingly volunteered to come to the main hall, reminding him of his early days in the X-Men. Observing all the young mutants interacting and talking to one another, just something he reminisced about. Once the chatter died down and all the newcomers had their time to speak to one another, colossus let out a loud cough to get everyone's attention. "Alright! Welcome to the Underground Safe Haven of the Free Mutants. I am Colossus, the Leading Mutant in the Central Park Safe Haven and this is Quicksilver. I want to first apologize for asking for your help, but we are in urgent need of your assistance. All of our combat teams are already occupied with other missions, leaving us with no available team as of now. Which is why I am asking for your cooperation to help liberate the imprisoned mutants at Liberty Island. I know this a lot to ask, as this mission will consist of fighting and dealing with Sentinels. Meaning that this is no simple task and may lead to death, so if you wish to leave. I will not force you to help and fight but, I will ask of you to always help another mutant in need. For those who wish to help, once you are in there is no leaving. We mutants fight till we can no longer. I will let Quicksilver explain the situation and intel he had gathered." Gesturing his hand for Quicksilver to stand up front, as Colossus walked over towards the main hall door, taking steps that made the ground vibrate. Reaching the only door to the main hall and positioning himself to keep uninvited guest from interrupting. Knowing that once the information was delivered to the volunteers they could not turn back, from the risk of the information being leaked out.

Zigzagging and dashing all over the room, Quicksilver immediately knew the powers and abilities of everyone in the room. Whether he had seen them using them before or just now, his light speed reflexes were impossible for anyone to catch up to. Bouncing around and jumping in place since he could never keep still, he opened his arms wide as if he was making a grand introduction. "Hey muties! I'm Quicksilver, the leading scout party leader. I'm in charge of reconnaissance and information gathering. Colossus gathered you all here because our hands are tied right now. A few days ago one of our combat teams were able to disrupt a Mutant Detention camp on Liberty Island and free about half the mutants imprisoned there, but not all of them. I checked recently that the Detention camp is at its most vulnerable state right now, its security programs are still fried and on site sentinels are only 8 in total. I've gotten intel from other mutants that reinforcing sentinels will not be available for another 2 days and other resistance groups are keeping their security programs from being rebooted. Meaning that this is the only opportunity for us to liberate the captured mutants with least risk as possible." Eyeing Towards Colossus to come back and take the stage again. Without even saying goodbye, Quicksilver disappeared in the blink of an eye. Attending towards other duties and issues that needed resolving.

Magik.jpg
Colossus let out a small chuckle as Quicksilver had already left, knowing that he was always rushing to get everything done as fast as he was. Panning around and looking at all the fresh faces gathered in the main hall, he still knew this was a risk. A risk that was necessary for the greater good of the mutants. He was still worried about how strong they were, what powers they had, if they could control them, were they suited for combat, and if they could even cooperate together. This rag tag group of mutants were going to be apart of something much greater, yet put their lives on the line for others they did not know. Colossus was extremely worried and conscious, but he could not just stand around and wait for the opening to close. Although he was optimistic on how committed they seemed to volunteer and only one day of cautious planning. Taking one deep breath, he explained the plan he came up with. "Liberty Island, is about 2 miles off the coast. We go in tomorrow midnight and only have 4 hours max, no buts. Thats all the time i'm allowing for the safety of everyone, especially the prisoners. We don't need any casualties and limit the least amount of injuries possible. I don't know what your combat experience is like, let alone what mutant powers you obtain. So i'm letting you guys develop a strategic plan. If you guys want to take more quiet stealthy approach be my guest but if the sentinels catch you, be prepared to fight. Regardless of how you guys take them on, we are in no place for failure. Rescue the prisoners and take them to the rendezvous point. Your insertion and extraction will be from the help of my little sister "Magik". She will only take you to the edge of the island and back here after the operation. That is all." As colossus made his way out the room right before Magik made a slight announcement. "I can create stepping discs that will allow us to teleport to the location. Once we go and leave that is final. I will come and pick you guys up when the signal for pick up is made. I will have a telepath check in from time to time, till you guys have saved the prisoners or 4 hours have gone by." Talking to the rag tag group in a almost demeaning tone, but with the intentions of showing the importance of this operations. Following her older brother outside of the room, to let the group prepare for the rescue mission.

Max listened quietly. He committed everything to memory. He would need to know this and more if they were to be sucessful. He was already planning what they were going to do. It would be a stealth excursion. The more powerful mutants would be in the front.

He would be in the middle of the pack, ready to help out when needed. Since he wouldn’t be detected, they could slip by the sentinels. It would need to be a small team, around 4 or so.

Phoebe

The young mutant twisted her mouth along with his answer but, in the end, she nodded along with Sam. Phoebe did not know Sam well either but at least she could tell that the woman spent more of her time underground; and the Red Rebels - well she was still trying to figure out if each of them were the same person or not and what it meant if each of them were 'connected.'

Maybe it was wrong to scrutinize potential allies this way...

Would someone even be able to infiltrate the Haven's like this?

She briefly wondered where Max's bar was located. She had heard of other 'safehouses' but had never been to one herself; and hell if she could not remember a name either. Maybe now that she was out of the catastrophe ridden slums of New York she would have time to make a visit to a place like that.

She tilted her head curious immediately following Sam's word and then turned to Max, "Your spot got a n - " She was interrupted by the booming voice of a massive metallic man...she was forgetting names again...

Colossus! Phoebe rapidly pulled out a notepad and pen from her satchel. She lifted a knee and began to write frantically, jotting down name as well as his job - 'Haven head boss' - and a brief description: burly, literal man of steel. She likely appeared as a complete busybody and overachiever at this point, peering up anxiously and noting everything. It was for her own good; only frequent and repeated study stopped her from losing loads of information daily. She hated it, but it was important.

In her focus, she had failed to notice a large number of attendees leave the main hall. By the time the speeches were over, she glanced around to a relatively small few; notably, those who were in her current company had stuck around. There were a few others she had not met as of yet. Things seemed to get rather quiet...maybe everyone was still processing the weight of the task that they were volunteering for.

An excited smirk grew on her face as she stuffed her notebook away, "so this's the team, eh? Hell, I'm ready to get to it if you guys are. Though, can't say I know half of ya as well as I'd like it. Meet'n'greet round two? A round of introductions, ya think?" She offered to the room.

Tyler was, naturally, somewhat concerned by Nickie's theory - it made sense, sure, these people being who they were, but he hadn't expected to be asked to do anything like that this soon after arriving here. Didn't they have people who actually knew what they were doing for this kind of stuff, rather than what essentially was a group of strangers? This concern was evidently picked up, based on the look Nickie was giving him.

"I mean... uh, of course. Why, um, wouldn't I?", he replied, not particularly convincingly. It was stupid, sure, but he didn't want this person he'd just met to think less of him - she was the first person he'd actually spoke to in a long time. At least, the first who hadn't tried to kill him immediately afterwards. Maybe it wouldn't be as life-threatening as she'd suspected? Maybe they were just looking for help at the bar or something?

This notion was immediately disproven by the voice of Colossus, who quieted the room as he went on to explain in better detail what it was he actually wanted for them.

By the end of this explanation, most of the people in the room had left, leaving just a handful of what he assumed were now the volunteers. To be honest... he was in something of two minds. If this had been before he'd ended up in this state, it'd be a no-brainer - a chance for adventure and to help some people along the way? Easy! But now, it actually seemed like it would actually be dangerous, like he could end up with a bit worse than a few cuts and bruises. Logically, there was no way he should ever have considered going along with this.

But at the same time... it almost made him more determined to do it.

Everything was quiet, until an odd looking woman spoke up, suggesting they all get better acquainted. It certainly seemed like a good idea, but introducing himself wasn't exactly easy for him.

DistantAnthem DistantAnthem younGrandon younGrandon

WhipDing WhipDing younGrandon younGrandon
Anyone Anyone

Nickie was about to reply to Tyler when Colossus began his briefing. As she had figured, this was recruitment for a special mission. Listening carefully to the briefing, the technopath found herself looking forward to this. For the past 6 months, she had just been in survival mode, doing little to nothing to take the fight to the Sentinels. But this mission seemed like just the thing. She had learned how to pilot her new body proficiently enough. Her blaster was tuned and she was aching to use it. The only hiccup was her teammates. Many seemed to be new to this type of mission, and none seemed to have worked together before. The mental image of her old team flashed through her mind, causing Nickie's jaw to tighten. She pushed those memories away. She wouldn't make the mistake of getting to close to this team.

With the briefing over, Nickie was running through the details again when someone suggested a second round of introductions. Yes, seemed sensible. She had been a bit prickly before, but that was before people would presumably need to rely on her for their lives.

"Sounds good." She replied to Phoebe. "I'll start. My name is Nickie Barris, code named Matrix. I am a technopath who can manipulate and control technology."

Nickie paused a moment to as she considered how to say the next bit.

"I'm currently inside a bio-organic Sentinel prototype. It doesn't have any built in weaponry, but it gives me physical capabilities greater than a baseline human."

She said the last bit quickly, unsure of the reaction it would get. She briefly worried about how Tyler would react to sitting on a Sentin-

"Do you need me to introduce you?" Nickie asked, looking down at her shoulder at Tyler.

A Sentinel?! Well, that certainly explained the odd technology he'd located on her body earlier, but raised a heck of a lot more questions. He'd never personally had the privilege of getting up close to a Sentinel before, but prototype or not, he was pretty sure they didn't look anything like this.

Should he even still be trusting her?... or, it? In a way, it was a little too late, consider he'd spent the last half an hour sitting here. If she was going to turn, there wasn't really much--

Nickie's question sharply interrupted his thoughts, snapping him back to reality.

"Oh, um... yes. Please." He gave a wave to assembled group of people to indicate his presence.

DistantAnthem DistantAnthem

Raven leaned against a wall in the dark corner, almost invisible for anyone to see. She had listened to Colossus and the others about rescueing the other mutants that were still trapped. Years ago she had been trapped herself in some facility, where they tested her and played tricks with her mind. When she was 14 years old she managed to escape with some other mutants. It had been dangerous and hard years. Friends had died. Mutants she had spent years with. Most of them were killed by humans. Pathetic little humans who thought they were stronger than the mutants. It still made her furious and angry. They were trying to teach her how there were good humans, but a big part of her mind could still not believe it. Not after what she had seen. Raven's fingers went for the little pendant around her neck. Her best friend gave it to her when she died. Summer was the opposite of Raven. She was full of life, positive and always believed there was good in everyone. Not every person is bad, Raven. Give them a chance. It were the last words Summer had spoken before letting out her last breath. Just a year ago it happened.

Raven looked up when she saw people getting social. They started introducing themselves before they were going on a mission to save some mutants. Probably half of them would be killed in an instant. What was the use of getting all friendly if people were going to die anyway? Raven kept playing with the pendant and let out a soft sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back