• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Mutants Last Hope RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Xcavation

The Seeing Eye
x-men-days-of-future-past-city-sentinel-ships.jpg

A Mutants Last Hope

ATTENTION TO ALL HUMANS!
ASSISTING OR ASSOCIATING WITH THE
MUTANT THREAT WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE

IMPRISONMENT OR DEATH, PLEASE COOPERATE
AND YOU WILL BE COMPENSATED FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE

MUTANT PROPAGANDA.jpg

THE YEAR IS 2020
CLASSIFIED LOCATION NY City, Central Park. Underground Free Mutants Safe Haven
Leading Mutant Piotr "Colossus" Rasputin
ebdfaaf7852cb64daeb8a9ed4953e026.jpg

Colossus finally came back after a meeting with other Mutant Leaders, setting up around the underground network built directly below Central Park, hundreds of feet below. Far enough to be considered "off the grid" from Sentinel sensors and considered impossible to find. Similar to a fallout shelter, tight and overcrowded. Modeled after a long tunnel system, to easily move mutants across if needed. Protected by mostly Titanium reinforcements and important escape points with Vibranium and Adamantium fortifications. Along with all the noise, of mutants constantly being moved through the system, whether being transferred to other mutants Refugee camps or settling into the Sanctuary. This is camp under the leadership of Colossus, one of many in NY and hundreds all over the United States. Today was the day after 24 mutants from the Liberty Island Mutant Detention Camp were freed, although not all were freed it was a big win in the eyes of the Free Mutants.

Soon after the rescue of the mutants, Colossus had meetings with other Mutant Refugee leaders such as Sunspot, Gambit, Iceman, and Pyro. They had discussed plans of attacking the Liberty Island in two days, in hopes of being able to free the rest of the mutants before Trask and the humans could set up their defense programs in time. Colossus had one problem was that the X-MEN needed him for a covert operation back in San Francisco. Time was against them and he needed a team to go and take down the Liberty Island Detention camp before it was too late. Quicksilver one of the leading scout members mentioned that the sentinels were slightly slower than usual in terms of rebuilding their defense systems and security protocols. The only opportunity they had without putting too much at stake, yet it was still very risky. Colossus went over to the meeting room with Quicksilver, with his tense Russian accent. "How many sentinels are currently protecting the facility and where are the rest of the mutants located?" Quicksilver took off his goggles and placed his feet on the table, "Well, as we are speaking there are 8 sentinels, 6 covering the perimeter and 2 directly in front of the holding cells. Expected to be reinforced by 12 more in the next two days along with security turrets and plasma fences. So, it's now or never. Also, the mutants are located under where the statue of liberty is located." In frustration, Colossus slammed the table destroying the desk in half, "Damn it, all of our teams are already occupied."

Immediately Quicksilver ran out and returned in last than a second, "Colossus, there are some mutants that just transferred here a few days ago. The only issue is that they have never worked together. At least not that I know of big guy!" Colossus had no choice but to call up these new mutants, hoping that they were willing to assist in the mission. Walking over towards his comm radio, "Attention, Attention! This is Colossus speaking. All new mutant refugees who came these past few days. Please come to the main hall. This is urgent.." Making his way with Quicksilver to the main hall, waiting for the new mutants come up and take part in this operation...

Nickie sat cross legged in a cramped corner, wishing she could close her eyes and enjoy the music she was playing in her head, but she had been getting some odd looks from the other refugees. Despite not breathing a word of what her new body was, she couldn't help but feel people knew and were plotting. That was stupid, but the feeling didn't go away.
She finally worked up the courage to close her eyes and lean back when Colossus's announcement came over the loud speaker. There was an initial stirring of panic inside her, but the technopath's training and experience kicked in. The obvious meaning behind the announcement was that there was an attack coming, but the lack of further alarms made that unlikely. Maybe they were moving out ahead of schedule? Looking for recruits? Whatever it was, Nickie was getting no where by just sitting here.
Shutting down the internal music, Nickie stood up and made her way through the other refugees to the Great Hall. After a few wrong turns, she made it to the great hall, where she found the speedster Quicksilver and the metal marvel Colossus waiting.
"You the guys I talk to?" Matrix asked. "You said it was urgent?"

LUCIAN "SPIRIT" WU
42611401318d4562642e8101d2e5995f.jpg

Time seemed to be going as slow as possible, watching mutants flow through the area. Just constantly coming in and out of the entrance, watching multiple faces passing by. Expressions of fear, anger, excitement, and disgust. Lucian just minded his own business, wearing a dark long cloak and sitting on floor among the other refugees. Speaking to his demon, "Yaogui". "What a shame... They should be fighting. We should be fighting! Not just sitting here and waiting for the sentinels to exterminate our kind." the Demonic voice in his head replied, "Calm down Lucian... Our time to release is soon. We will have our chance, be patient. Then we can destroy all the humans and sentinels in our path." Before the voice slowly faded away. Lucian slowly took off his hood to get a better look at everyone, although the mutants he was grouped up with did catch his attention.

Noticing most of them were younger or around his age, fresh new mutants. The feeling was mutual between all of them, he could sense that they were all nervous and unsure. He couldn't blame them though and the idea of what was going to happen. Were they going to be transferred to another sanctuary or stay? Were they truly safe? There was one thing for sure, The Free Mutants were the ones to save all of them. All he cared about was finding Blink and thanking her for saving him but couldn't due to dire circumstances. Soon after he heard an announcement with a strong Russian tone, figuring out that it was the well known "Colossus". After hearing for the the instruction of all the new refugees to come to the main hall, it was just what he wanted to hear. As long as he wasn't just sitting around doing nothing, getting up to meet Colossus himself was exciting. Lucian began wandering his way to the main hall and sat down in the corner away from the others, observing the Titan Colossus and Quicksilver.

Duke.png
Respawn
"Dammit!"
Someone's voiced echoed through the tunnel networks, yet it was quickly drowned out by additional chatter that seemed to have emanate from the same direction. If anyone were to look, they'd surly spot the people behind all the commotion. Indeed, there was a group of....heavily armed, individuals, all of whom wore a mask of some sorts, but...a few of them seemed rather...identical. In fact, all of them seemed identical in one way or another.
These individuals were about in a group, to which within this group they had separated themselves into smaller group. There were about three of standing about, apparently having some sort of conversation. On the other side was another group of three, who were playing a game of dice. Next to them, leaning against the wall, was a another group of three; the one in the middle was holding what appeared to be his phone horizontally, tapping on the screen furiously, as two others watched from both sides of the middle man. To the right of them, sitting up against the wall, were three more gentlmen, two were reading a book with quite some interest while the third was asleep against the wall.
"So...I got stomped by a sentinel the other day."
"Hit the red thing! Hit the red thing!"
"Why are we playing this game again?"
"I'll be honest, didn't really feel too good."
"So, guys."
"Hm, always wondered how to flail a fish."
"Who the hell starts a conversation like that?"
"Uh, for fun?"
"I dunno, us?"
"You don't think I know that!"
"We're not even betting anything!"
"You have to admit."
"Uh...guys?"
"ZZZ"
"So?"
"If we ever get back into a real kitchen, I wanna try this recipe."
"There's not many people who can die."
"Dammit, man! You screwing this up!"
"Hello?"
"Might as well just be playing rock paper scissors.

"ZZZ"
"And live to tell about it."
"That might takes some time though."
"Shut up! No I'm not!"
"I'm mean afterall, we're not exactly "normal" people."

"My ass itches."
"C'mon! Give me a turn!"
"I mean, if you really want to play that."
"Is anybody even listening to me?"
"No offense to any of the others, but who exactly is considered "normal" around here."
"Piss off! Play on your own phone!"

"No, no I don't, I'm just bored, that's all."
"ZZZ...ramen...ZZZ"
"Shoot it! C'mon!"
"So, how many times have you gotten shot last week?"
"Alright then, here, roll the dice."
"Uh, let's see...there was then...and then..."
"Shit, look what you made me do!"
"You guys are really starting to piss me off here."
"It's not my fault you suck ass at the game."
"Guess I don't have anything better to do."
"Er, 13 times...maybe 14."

"GUYS!"
That caused the entire group to look up from what they were doing, and they were greeted by the sight of...another, similarly dressed man.
"Oh, hi, 55, what's up?"
"*Snort* I'm awake!"
"*sigh* You guys are a pain in the ass, you know that?"
"Ah, where's the fun in fully corporation?"
"Gah, I don't got time for this."
The man said, as he turned to look at the individual holding what appeared to be a cook book. "Boss, the big booming Russian god voice just called for all the new arrivals, I think that also includes us."
"Ah, finally!..." The one holding the phone exclaimed, as he switched the device off and pocketed it, before grabbing the Jerry-rigged light-machine gun leaning against the wall. "...Maybe some action around here."
"You know, if you wanted action, you could of joined a recon team or even overwatch team."
"Nah, he should be on a decoy team, won't even need his machine gun to get the enemy's attention, his talking would probably be enough to get him iced."
"Haha, laugh all you want, your just jealous I get the machine gun..." This 34, retorted with a grunt. "...besides, the skirmishes those teams get into are easy stuff. But when you sticking with the boss there's bound to be somthing big happening; You know what they say, the bigger the better."
"Yup, he likes 'em big, especially when he's taking it up the ass."

A wave a of chuckles and giggles washed over the group, at the expensive of this 34.
"Shut up."
This group of individuals would gather their equipment and proceed to head for the main hall, talking, laughing, jabbing, or just staying quiet as they went squeezed their way past a good number of mutant refugees. Frankly, they might of been the only ones in such a good mood during such times as these. They were being led by the man who previously held the cook book, and right besides him was this 55.
Eventually, the group made it to the main hall entrance, as their leader turned around to address them.
This "Boss" character pointed towards towards 55 and three other individuals with his free hand, before gesturing them towards the door.
"Ah, man, why do I have to be stuck on guard duty?" 34 exclaimed, as his machine gun swayed on his shoulder.
"For one, your just going to get bored and complain..." 55 grunted, as he glanced over to the 34. "...besides, if you really cared enough to see what's what, you know you can do it remotely...not that you really do care enough."
"Hm, fine." 34 grunted, as he and the remaining close split into groups of five, one group on each side of the entrance. 34's group would soon take out a pack of cards and huddle around playing some card game, while the other group stood around and simply talked among themselves.
The five men would enter the main hall to see the big steel man himself and the one that he's been told calls himself Quicksilver This Boss character then proceeded to glance around the room, he would also spot two others standing about; one was a girl with purple hair and the other was sulking in a corner.
The boss proceeded to glance at one of the empty walls, before turning his head back and looking at the individuals who followed him. Said individuals nodded/saluted/gave a thumbs up, and moved to the wall as if they knew exactly what he was thinking. Once that group reached the wall, they leaned up against it or squatted down. Each individual ovserving a different section of the room, occasionally whispering to each other and maybe pointing somthing out.
The Boss himself, stowing the cook book he had been reading, proceeded forward. The man would quietly take his position next to the purple haired girl, looking up at the big man known famously as Colossus with folded arms.
Mention: DistantAnthem DistantAnthem Xcavation Xcavation

Last edited:
Max was at his bar as usual. His customers came and went. Most of them were rich folks trying to calm their nerves, or forget about something. He didn’t care, as long as he got paid, and they drink what he poured them, all was good.

He checked his watch. Crap, he was late for a meeting.
“Sorry folks, I’m going to have to ask you to leave,” He announces.
Grumbling arose over the crowd. Most of them existed trudging their feet, while only a few dare test the bar tender.
“And what if I don’t wanna?” One large gentle man asked.
“Then I’ll ask again, but I won’t ask a third.”
Two of his colleagues exchanged stories of this bar and those who didn’t go willingly.

The man left his ground and left with out another word.
Max sighed. He did not want to fight anyone. He rushed into the back. Pulling a book on a bookshelf, and twisting the light switch, opened up a stair case. Next to that staircase was a slide. He slid down as the entrance covered it’s self up.

Reaching the bottom, max lands with finesse.
“Sorry that I’m late,” Max notes.
He looks at the assembled group of people.

Tyler made his way over to the figure sitting in the corner. There was more than one reason for doing so - as well as being perhaps one of the more interesting people in the room, she was also in the safest spot. He'd spent the last hour or so just trying to get out of the way, people here being much more active and numerous than he'd expected. In hindsight, coming here was a pretty bad idea. The plan had been to actually try and meet some people, something that was quite difficult considering his unique stature, which had already been the cause him being practically unnoticed since his arrival a few days ago. He'd initially perched himself on a table, but one thing had led to another, and he'd found himself dangerously lost on the floor.

And now, he was looking up at this woman, he seemed to be desperately ignoring everyone else in the room. Perfect - she might actually notice him if he could get a little higher.

It didn't take long for him to clamber onto her leg, despite his size. Climbing was the one thing he'd become quite adept at since the accident, being something that was practically necessay for survival. Still no reaction from her, though. She seemed wrapped up in her own world.

It was at this point that the announcement rang out into the room, and presumably the rest of the facility. It was fairly vague, but it certained sounded urgent. The main hall? He passed it on the way here, so he knew where it was. But how would he get all the way over--

The person he was standing on began to move abruptly, presumably in response to what he'd just heard. In a moment of panic, he grabbed onto whatever he could, and found himself flailing around as the woman walked, attaching himself to her thigh.

This was followed by an almost instinctive reaction to head for higher ground, away from any moving limbs. As he climbed upwards, he noticed something... odd. Most of what he was climbing seemed fairly normal, but some parts of her were distinctly non-organic. If anything, they seemed more technological - not unheard of amongst humans working with Sentinels, but not to this extent, and not so much in mutants.

By the time they'd arrived in the main hall, Tyler had managed to reach her shoulder, a good place for him to sit and watch what was going on around him. Colossus and Quicksilver he recognised - how could he not? - but they were multiple other people in the room who he didn't, including a few who looked oddly similar to each other. Curious. What was this all about, then?

DistantAnthem DistantAnthem Xcavation Xcavation

ERIC VANTA : Pompeii

A group of children were sitting around an old fireplace. It was dull, grey and empty of all splendour and warmth it might have had long ago. The only thing which really remained was a slow movement of air - however, no longer did it push warm air out, but rather pulled cold air in. They had gathered around it because it sat against the side of the room. It was easily noticeable, and so a good point of reference, should they ever have to leave and find each other again. The first of the group spoke, his eyes cold, jaded - the image of a child angry at the world. Considering the world... he had every right to be. "I can't believe people actually believed a fat, jolly man would come down these things and make everything better. Fuck 'em. Naive pricks!" He glared at the thing, sat down with his arms around his pulled up legs. The girl at his side smiled sadly. "Hey, now. It was a good story. It made people happy." A smaller child, sat a bit further away, in the lap of who could only be her brother or cousin - looked at the two with teary eyes. "You mean he is not real? Is Santa a lie?" The already bright eyes turned even shinier - as the elder sibling glared at the two. "Can you fucking keep it down. Assholes." He patted the back of his sister soothingly. "I am sure he is real. You just have to believe." The little girl looked up at her brother. "Really?" He nodded, with a gentle smile. Then he frowned, as the angry boy spoke up again. "Don't lie to her. She needs to know. The world is fucked up. The best heroes we have are fighting a losing war. There is no hope." The brother of the little girl threw a rock at the boy, most of the room having sort of been pissed off at his attitude, even if most of them silently agreed.

Then there was a spark. In the fireplace. Long dead embers seemed to slowly come to life, smoke seeping into them, and then out of them - before in another flash - fire ignited, flying up the chimney - heat and orange light pooling into the room. Slowly the smoke and ash formed into darker, inky back tendrils as they seeped about the room - unnatural formations like shadowy claws creeping out of hell. From them, seemingly from nowhere, step a polished, and pointy- black leather shoe. Then another. As the eyes of the group widened in fear, the little girl clapped her hands - little sparks at the tips of her fingers, showing her own mutation. From the shoes, legs started forming, reaching a middle, a vest, arms and finally a head - not that of a jolly fat man, but a disinterested looking young man with a cigarette in his mouth. "Ho. Ho. Ho..." He rose a brow in the direction of the angry boy, before smirking and walking past them. The little girl seemed confused, before smiling and holding out her hand. "What?" Eric asked her. "My gift. I believed, and I was good. I need a gift." Her brother looked at him, his own eyes wide, silently begging him to play along - his face in a big smile he could not help directing at the asshole who still sat there quietly. Eric reached into his pockets, coming up empty. He took out a cigarette and handed it to her, but it was quickly snatched from her hand by the brother. "What the hell, man!?" Eric shrugged, before patting her head. "I don't have anything else. See it as a goal." He looked at the girl. "You are still young. You need to be seventeen...ish to smoke that. Which means you can't die, right? Not until you can enjoy my gift. Don't want to insult Santa by spoiling his gift right?" She looked at him, nodding. Her brother seemed conflicted... but hopeful. Eric shrugged, before turning into smoke again, and floating out of the room, and down the hallways.

The halls were busy, and many people seemed to be either moving around at pace or were trying to not draw too much attention to themselves. Finally reaching the elevator, he floated in, materializing in his physical form. He took a deep drag of his cigarette, his eyes almost rolling back in his head. These were so good... he needed to steal some more of them soon. An irritated grunt came from behind him, and as he turned - he saw a woman frowning at him, her eyes flying towards a 'no smoking' sign - which already seemed to have what looked like three, evenly spaced claw marks across it. Smirking at her, the cigarette turned into smoke entirely, before floating into his mouth, as though he had eaten the thing. Her eyes widened, her irritation not lessening before she got out on the next stop. When she got out, turning to frown at him, the cigarette rematerialized as the doors started closing, his smirk still in place. When he finally reached the floor the meeting would be held on, he rose up into a whisp of smoke again, flying up and against the ceiling of the hallway, moving across it like mist, until he reached the doorway of the meeting room. He seeped into it, across the roof before slowly reforming in one of the chairs near the middle, his eyes forming a few moments before his head. They turned and looked around the room. It was already quite busy - especially considering the army of one. He sighed, before taking out another cigarette and placing the tip on his tongue. There was a faint glow of heat, as the front started to form ash, before he leaned back in his chair, waiting for the others to speak while he blew out little dancing shapes of smoke. Which formed to spell " H i "

A huge gust of wind slammed three wooden dummies against the concrete wall of the training room. One of the many training rooms located in the underground haven equipped to handle enormous amounts of damage as a number of mutants trained for their missions. Sam stood in the middle of the room surveying her handiwork as her wings stretched out a bit. Not bad. She thought to herself as she approached the wall where the dummies had slammed in, there was a sizeable dent but it didn't compromise the integrity of the wall. She placed her hand against the concrete as she closed her eyes for a moment. The concrete felt damp, probably due to the fact that they were several hundred feet underground. She bit down on her bottom lip as memories of the facility washed over her. The cold damp that penetrated to her very core, the metallic table they used to strap her into, the sudden heat as multiple lights were suddenly pointed at her. Sam took a quick step back away from the wall, her wings beating against the floor as she lifted a few feet off the ground. She could go no higher as the roof trapped her into the room. She let out a soft breath as she forced herself to calm down. She could never get used to being underground. The only thing she could do right now counts the minutes until there's a new mission available.

As if fate smiled upon her, Colossus voice echoed from the speakers announcing a meeting. Something must have come up. Sam was based in a different camp under Gambit's leadership but she had been placed on the mission here to track down a group of scientists who had been secretly rounding up mutants for experimentation. After that mission was done, she chose to stay here and work under Colossus. In truth, she could never stay in one place too long. She hated feeling like she was trapped in one place. Sam made her way out of the training room and started to head out towards the main hall where the meeting was taking place. She was greeted multiple times as she walked, Sam was known throughout the mutant community. She had been apart of the X-men for almost 6 years now and made a name for herself. Sam pushed open the doors to the main room, noting the others who had already gathered. She smiled at Colossus and Quicksilver as she took up a spot on the wall near the door. She liked to always be near an exit just in case things went south. Her wings folded against her back as she waited for this meeting to start. Her eyes scanned the room, noting the unfamiliar faces, new refugees? Her gaze landed on a man blowing out smoke as she noted the word the smoke spelled out. She smiled for a moment as she glanced away, taking everything else in.

Phantasma giggled as she bounded through the halls to the meeting room. She went without any illusions, letting herself be free to do whatever. Everyone else were mutants as well, so it shouldn't matter. Everyone seemed so glum and tired and boring. She wanted to make them smile, but there were so many. She couldn't do it all by herself. That was for sure.
She finally made it and saw all the people around her. The word 'Hi' written in smoke caught her attention and she made her way over to it. She found a rather tall man - well...everyone was tall to her since she was so tiny. She jumped up and poked his shoulder. "Hey, you! How did you do that!?" She giggled and put a question mark on her black faceless face.

A L M O S A L M O S

WhipDing WhipDing

Nickie paused. She had been having this odd skin crawling sensation ever since she made for the main hall. She had put it down to nerves at first, but it was localized and moving. She had turned her skin sensitivity down after an incident a few weeks ago when she was covered in ants. Being able to feel the individual legs had freaked her out. Fearing a some sort of repeat experience, she slowly raised the sensitivity. She became aware of something definitely on her, though it didn't feel like a insect. Felt like four limbs and what felt like...hands?
Whatever was crawling on her had reached her shoulder, she carefully turned her head to see what it was. It turned about to be a tiny man.
"Could I at least have a name before I start charging you fare?" Nickie asked softly, not sure if talking loudly was a good thing for someone that small.

Max looks around at the assembled rag tag group.
“This will do, this will most definitely work,” Max says.
Going over to Nickie, Max examines her.
“So what can you do?” He asks.

She looked to be part robot. He didn’t find her intimidating, just odd. Look around, everyone was odd there. No one fit in, yet everyone was accepted.
DistantAnthem DistantAnthem WhipDing WhipDing

He jumped so hard at the sound of the woman's voice that he almost slipped off her shoulder entirely. Thankfully, he was able to keep himself steady, and found himself being stared at by a massive pair of purple eyes, evidently curious to what they'd found. He didn't know how she'd known he was there, or how long she had known, but he was fairly certain it was related to her ability, or she was incredibly observant - most people didn't even notice him when he was trying to found.

"Oh, um... I'm Tyler. Sorry, I, uh... just needed a way of getting here."

Of course, that wasn't entirely true, but it was a slightly less humiliating answer than 'I didn't want to get stepped on'.

It was at this point another person walked up to the woman. A guy, looking slightly younger, but seemingly a lot less stressed about being here than other people in the room. Almost instinctively, Tyler moved back slightly, as if trying to keep out of sight - a survival reflex, something that had saved him many times in the past.

DistantAnthem DistantAnthem _Exodus_ _Exodus_

Codename: Ember

Sam crossed her arms as she glanced to the person on her right. That is where her gaze stopped, distracted by the mask that covered the bottom half of his face. He seemed almost familiar. The light bulb went off in her mind as she glanced over to where the doors are, noting the man standing by them. An exact replica of the one standing by her. Interesting. She scanned the room once more and noted three other clones? Five in total. So he's mutant ability must be some sort of replication. She angled her body towards Duke, offering him a quick smile and holding her hand towards him. "Hi, I'm Sam. I don't think I've ever seen you before" She started off as she liked to get to know those who just started to fight with the X-men or those that she simply has not had the chance to meet yet. Despite the propaganda that was being sprouted above their heads, mutant rebels were not close to being defeated. There were numerous camps all throughout the country waging their personal battles. Sam had been to a couple of the camps and met dozens of mutants, but there was still so many out there. Either a part of the X-men or not. Simply trying to survive. If he took her hand to shake it, Duke would feel a sudden sharp sensation. That resembled being shocked as if touching a live wire. It wouldn't be painful, just unexpected. A mutant ability of hers that she prefers to keep silent about.

Mentioned: @ Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

ERIC VANTA : Pompeii
Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

The group seemed to be getting along well enough. Speaking with each other, some with a little bit of hesitation, but mostly congenial. He felt a tap on his shoulder, turning around and looking at the little girl. He rose a brow, a small smile on his face. Her form was quite interesting, and his eyes landed on the " ? ". His smile grew at her question, before taking another drag on his cigarette. Making sure to not blow out, not wanting to have it come too close to her face, the smoke seeped out of his nose and mouth, creating a barrier of shadow in front of his face. On it, another " ? " formed, similar to hers... and next to it, another smaller - " ? " Before the entire image dissipated. When his face was revealed once more, he rose his brow at her, enjoying their little game of charades.

duke-png.466572

Respawn
"Well, would you look at our o'l Nosy..." One of the identical looking gentlmen leaning against the wall said. The word clone defiantly comes to mind. "...he's already making friends."
"What are you talking about...." Another one of the clones said as he squatted, turning his attention from the door. "....I don't think they even notice him..."
"...or us for that matter....though I suppose there are more interesting things to look at in this room...."
"Now why do we need to make ourselves known?" 55 said, as he glanced to his three other companions. "Just sound like more unwanted trouble."
"Well, I was just thinking it be good for the Boss to have friends that are not exclusively the living embodiment of the voices in his head."
"I mean look at that guy..."
"Well.... I suppose your right about that..."
"...you think the guy has a lot problems with fans?"
"...I mean it's not like he asked for this...you know."
"I don't know, probably...I won't be surprise if he did."
"We're all quite aware...we were there ever for ever step of the process."
"And what's the deal with that weirdly dressed midget?"
"You ever think...think the boss lives would be...be better without us?"
"What the, how do you know she is a midget? And why did you brain jump stright midget of all things?"
"Oh, come now...you of all people should know that answer..."
"I dunno...I mean she's short ain't she?...Is it even a she?"
"...If anything, he created us, both figuratively and literally."
"First off, it could be a kid, and secondly, I have no idea, nor do I really care. If your that curious, why don't you go ask her or him or whatever it's name's pronouns."

"I suppose...still...think he regrets it?"
"You know what, I think I'm good...I'll just call that person midget mutant."
"Well, you could always ask him."
"What are you? Stupid? Don't call people that!"
"What on earth are you two on about?"
"Midget mutants."
"What?"
"Hehe, midget mutants? S' that what you two were on about."
"NO, NO, that was not what we were talking about. That's what he was talking about."
"Oh c'mon, you were about talking about it too!"
"55, tell this jack off to stop being an idiot."
"Hey! Who you calling a jack off?"
"Oh, you guys, behave..."
The "Boss" character meanwhile was idly glancing at the conversation next to him, before the sound of someone speaking to the other side of him caught his attention. Turning about, he would be greeted by the sight of a...angel? Of some sort, it appeared that she had wings of sorts...and seemed like she had, introduced herself? Looked that way judging by her outstretched hand.
Glancing first to her face, then her hands, the "Boss" didn't hesitate to take her hand in a firm grip. Duke was definitely not suspecting the shock from her hands, as he felt it pulsating through his body. However, for whatever reason, Duke did not immidatly recoil, but held firm, as if he knew what this sensation felt like. Instead, he began to shake her hand as he met her eyes.
"Hey Brains, Boss needs a mouthpiece."
"Huh? Oh! Right!"
55 pushed himself off the wall and hurried to the "Boss's" side, glancing at the winged women in front of her before looking at the "Boss". Said "Boss" was still looking at what he thought was an angel, when 55 arrive, then tearing his eyes away from her to make eye contact with 55, before gesturing him over.
"Yeah?...uhuh... Oh, okay, got it."
It looked liked "Boss" was whispering to 55, but no audible words actrually came out of his mouth.
Instead, the "Boss" turned back and looked at Sam, still holding her hand in the handshake as 55 spoke.
"So, he wanted me to tell you that it is a pleasure to meet you, and that his name, well, our name, is Duke." 55 looked was now looking at the women as well. "Uh, he says that we've just recently reached the East Coast, so it's probably no surprise that you haven't seen us around before...are you, or rather, were you perhaps a local here?"
Interacting: Lassy Lassy
Mention: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 A L M O S A L M O S

Phantasma giggled and clapped her hands. Her question mark turned and exclamation mark. "You're funny! I like funny! Can I be your friend? If you're worried about the smoke, don't! I don't have lungs!" Her words came out really fast and ended when she slapped a hand on her chest. She was smiling on the inside but it couldn't show because of her lack of mouth. "Oh! The name's Sentient Phantasmagoria, but you can call me Phantasma! Or Trickster!" She held her little hand out for him to shake.

A L M O S A L M O S

Sam kept her gaze on the man before her, trying to use her imagination to picture what his face looked like beneath that mask. He looked of Asian descent, but beyond that, she couldn't imagine what he looked like entirely. Why did he have a mask on? Scarred? Or simply trying to hide his identity. Whatever the reason was, she was intrigued. Her green eyes widened slightly when he took her hand but didn't seem to react to the sudden shock that her touch caused. That was the first time that happened. Most people would recoil back, drop her hand, and try to shake off the sensation. Not out of malice but rather an instinct. He seemed to take it in stride. He was getting more interesting by the second. She waited for him to speak, but it never came as he shook her hand. Could he not speak? Before things could get awkward, another man joined their conversation. Sam glanced away from him to look at the newcomer. It was one of his clones that she noticed before. The man before her leaned towards the new clone, almost as if he was whispering something to him.

However, Sam didn't catch any words nor could she really see his mouth move underneath his mask. They seemed connected by some sort of telepathic bond. For one, the new clone wasn't called over but he seemed to know why he was needed. Two, they were communicating without words but it became apparent that the clone knew exactly what he wanted to say. Did that mean that the man she introduced herself was the original? "It's nice to meet you both, Duke" She said as she glanced to the Duke in front of her and offered him a kind smile. Did they all have the same name, that would be terribly confusing. After another moment that seemed too long, she let go of Duke's hand before offering it to the Duke 2. "My name is Sam" She introduced herself again, not knowing exactly how much of connection they had but it seemed rude not to. She shook her head at his question. "Not a local, but I've been to many of the camps around the East Coast for different missions and such. So welcome to New York and the Xmen." So thats why they seemed unfamiliar. She wanted to ask whether or not Duke could speak but felt like that might be too personal so she stuck to general information. "Where were you guys before coming to East coast, if you don't mind me asking?" She directed her question to both of them but her gaze once more landed to Duke 1.

@ Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

duke-png.466572

Respawn
"Oooh, she's a cutie."
"You say that about every girl you see."
"That's not true! I haven't said the same about midget mutant!"

"Stop calling her that!"
Meanwhile, Duke politely nodded along to what Sam was saying, listening attentively as he met her gaze. Once Sam had finished speaking, Duke quickly glanced to 55, then looked back at Sam. 55 on the other head also nodded, but it would appear he was nodding more towards Duke then he was to Sam.
"Thank you, Sam, the pleasure is all ours...we actually just came from the mid-west, quite a hike from there to here..." 55 said, chuckling a bit. Duke on the other hand nodded, though what little facial expression he was showing softened up just a bit. "...we were lending a hand to the mutants further west at the time, given the sentinels and what not.... After things settle down a bit there, we caught wind of the operations to the East, and well, here we are."
55 suddenly glanced over to Duke,who still kept his gaze on Sam, then at Colossus and Quicksilver, before returning his gaze back onto Sam.
"So X-men, huh? That sounds pretty cool, actually. We knew somthing was going down here, but didn't expect any big names to show up...although, maybe we shouldn't have been surprised."
Truth be told, a few of the lads had already speculated as much. Heck, the clones even had a bet going around on who they were going to encounter during their time on the East coast.
"So...are you by any chance part of the X-men mob?"
Lassy Lassy

Phoebe

• A low, muted streak swiftly swept across debris ridden streets, clambering over decaying walls and prowling through ravaged homes and desolate store fronts. Under the cover of a darkened sky and the gloomy haze that clung to the most devastated parts of the city, Phoebe was keen to move between shadow and cover, constantly disrupting any chance of getting a good look at her. She kept her profile as low as possible, rapidly and gracefully moving on all fours, her tattered layers strange movement masquerading her as something inhumane and potentially unsettling. Stay out of sight, stay out of trouble.

Not that she was supposed to be out and about as such in the first place.

She came to a cautious stop at the ground floor of a corner store where a truck was sitting sideways and smashed through one of the walls. The signs were all either collapsed or so rusted and busted by this point she could hardly make out a name; not that it mattered much: the bottom floors were usually already scraped over, anyhow. Phoebe scanned the streets again, upon hearing and seeing nothing, she climbed up onto the truck and onto the building’s dilapidated overhang. She could make out a collapsed hole above and with some careful and crafty climbing, aided by incredibly sturdy claw-like nails on her hands and feet, she was able to make her way up and inside to what looked like a bedroom. Whatever had hit the building had blasted through three more walls, leading directly through the bathroom and into the kitchen before it stopped. She noticed dried streaks of blood following the destruction but no corpse at the end of it. She tried not to overthink the implications.

Phoebe fished around in the satchel strapped to her thigh until she found a list: something to help her remember what kinds of things were useful. She started a methodical sweep of the floor she was on and worked her way down. Most were small, mundane items like common house supplied but some were suggestions on things to quickly disassemble for small electrical parts and other salvageable junk. She stuffed her packs thoroughly, making sure to grab extra cloth to lessen excessive jangling.

Last, but not least, she made sure to keep an eye out for entertainment like books or toys, anything she could top off with. When she got bored, she just snuck out, but she knew some of the others must have been bordering on depression or losing their minds; a decent amount of the refugees were just kids, after all, so crayons, cards, dolls, etc., they all made the list. Back on the bottom floor she figured she would do a short sweep of the corner store only to find she was right: it had already been combed over; though, amongst a pile of discarded books and magazines she was able to find a novella, hopefully something to pass the time at night.

Large pack full to the brim and her personal satchel chock full as well, she double checked the streets and made out again with similar grace and caution only a tad slowly to compensate for extra noise. It would be some time until she got back but she could move consistently without fatigue so she was not concerned.

~~~~~

As soon as Phoebe reentered the underground haven she was greeted by the condemning scold of an older woman. They had come to the haven together, having escorted an entourage of desperate mutants away from the roughest parts of New York. Phoebe let out an exasperated sigh, unshoulder her salvage and continuing past the woman.

She beat the older woman to words, “I already know what you’re going to say.”

The pair walked in the same direction out of the corridor and into the larger area of the Haven. Phoebe was decidedly walking ahead of the woman following her.

“Oh really? Do regale me.”

Phoebe twisted her mouth, “no, not really, but I -really- don’t wanna hear it, okay?”

“Yeah? If you’d listen to me for once - “

Phoebe whipped around at that, “I can’t just sit around here waiting fer nothin’ to happen. What’s it even matter? At least I’m makin’ myself useful when I do go.” She hoisted her bag up as if to present it. The older woman looked from Phoebe to the bag unimpressed and Phoebe just huffed and started off again.

By this time, they were nearing the group that they had come here with. A handful of them looked up from what they were doing only to realize the approaching pair were fighting. Again. They quickly went back to their own business.

“There’s plenty for you to do around here. Take a moment and look around, there’s all kinds of crap needs doing.”

“And there’s plenty of people -in here- already doin’ what needs doin’ -in here-.” She failed her arms melodramatically. “I’m way better out there, not cooped up in here cataloguin’ food and starin’ at monitors.”

“Have you even tried talking to any of the teams? I’m sure they’d find something for you to do if you’d stop for a moment and listen to a plan.”

Phoebe twisted her mouth and set her salvage pack down to begin unloading. These conversations never ended and she was done being scolded. The older women sighed and after a moment or two began to assist Phoebe in unloading what she had found. They said nothing to one another for a few tense moments until --

“Colossus made an announcement just before you decided to come back. He wants to see all the new refugees. It sounded rather serious and the way I’ve seen folks stomping around here, I think it's something you might want to check on.” It wasn't until the last part that Phoebe looked up curiously, almost suspiciously. “I'm serious, quit looking at me all dumbfounded. Go and see what’s what, and try and see what they need so’s I don't have to smack you around next time you run off.” She threatened, her tone betrayed by a hint of playfulness.

Lassy Lassy
Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

Sam was finding it a bit confusing, she wasn't really sure who she should address. One thing was for sure, Duke 1 used his clones to speak for him. The question was why? "The west coast? That is quite a bit of a hike" She said with a smile, she was never one to be downcast in the end. No matter how much she hated being underground. She followed his gaze to Colossus and Quicksilver, her smile dimming a bit. They looked worried, and that was never a good sign. She returned her attention to the Duke's. She raised a brow in amazement. "You guys didn't know that this haven was managed by the X-men?" She asked confused. So then they were a part of the group of new refugees that had just entered the haven.

She paused a bit at his next question. "I wouldn't really call it a mob" She teased with an easy-going smile. "But yes, I've been a part of the X-men almost 6 years now, ever since they broke me out" She offered, not really shying away from the fact that she used to be imprisoned in a research facility. Sam's main duty in the X-men was to track down other facilities, scientists and when the time calls for it, break out those who are detained inside. She's had the most experience and not to mention has a way to connect to those mutants who witnessed horrible things. She knew the announcement was for new refugees but she just couldn't help herself. She had no assignment right now, so she was willing to help. "I'm honestly really curious about your ability, do you mind explaining to me how it works. The connection between you and your clones" She gestured between the two men, she couldn't help it. The question just seemed to burst out of her, even her wings ruffled slightly betraying how excited she was. She liked learning about new mutant abilities. Sam looked up when she heard a new voice join in. She offered the girl a smile. "Dont worry, you haven't missed anything yet. Probably waiting for more to join" Sam responded to her, noting the unrelaxed air about her.

younGrandon younGrandon

Last edited:
duke-png.466572

Respawn
"Whoa! Another girl!"
"Calm down, idiot..."Hey!"
...their probably having a normal conversation."
Meanwhile, back with Duke and 55...
"Well...I wouldn't say we didn't know..." 55 said, glancing to Duke as if he was being fed a script. "...but let's just say we've encountered more...independent camps...still, it's pretty awesome you X-men are doing such a thing...though, I think it's to be expected of you lot, we should nevertheless be grateful for what you guys do, as mutants and all."
Duke nodded in approval, as 55 met Sam's gaze. Even though both their faces were covered by masks, it was still clear that the two now had a softer expression on them. One may even hazard to guess that they were smiling...least until Sam asked the question about their powers.
"Oh, us?..." 55 seemed to hesitate a bit, as he glanced to Duke for direction. The man said nothing, simply meeting 55's gaze, then nodded. "...erm, well...guess you've noticed that we kinda look alike, eh?...and, er,the others as well..."
Truth be told, there were subtle hints that made the two men stand apart. For one thing, their weapons, like how 55 had a pair of goggles hanging from his neck, or how Boss was sporting duel pistols and a SMG attached to his hip, while 55 had some sort of battle rifle hanging off his back.
"...truth be told, we don't exactly know the scientific process to what makes our powers...someone smarter then I once said somthing along the lines of "molecular copying" about our powers...I guess the basic version is..." 55 looked down to his own body, now he was holding one of his hands out. Boss's eyes now was also on 55's hands. "... we can make multiple replicates of ourselves and even other objects..."
55 and Boss then simultaneously looked back up to Sam.
"...that's kind of the gist of it...sorry we can't exactly explain things on a scientific scale...we're not exactly sure how we do it, we just...do it, I guess."
It was then, the other women came up to Duke, 55, and Sam. This caused both 55 and Duke to turn their heads, again, simontanously to look at the newcomer.
"Um, yeah...Sam here is right..." 55 and Duke nodded at what Sam said. "...think we're just waiting on more people here."
Interacting: Lassy Lassy younGrandon younGrandon

Phoebe

She could not hear what they were saying, but Phoebe hardly missed a heartbeat on approach. Each of their movements - a twitch of the wing - a turn of the brow from both men simultaneously. Modest discomfort? But why...what where they conversing?

Nearly everything around her appeared to grab her attention for an instant as her eyes snapped to-and-fro without discrimination almost as if she was beginning to move onto the next thing the next very moment. The closest voices caught her attention again and she looked to the winged girl, her smile instantly infectious and bringing out an awkward grin on Phoebe’s face. The goggle-bearing Red Rebel labeled the winged girl as Sam, in his follow-up; the other man simply nodded along.

“Perfect! Err,” she reached out one hand to the speaking Red Rebel, now feeling awkward about knowing a name before introducing herself in turn. “Phoebe, by the way.” Not waiting, she reached her opposite hand toward Sam, which caused her to cross arms awkwardly to shake both hands. “Apologise about interruptin’ and all.” Her words seemed rushed.

Once she had a free hand, she would reach out to the silent Red Rebel as well, “so, what’s it, you’s all brothers or is’at just a statement I didn’t catch onto?” This was to either of the red bandana’d men.

And then to Sam, “I’m guessin’ they must be good enough guys and all, but with the whole place camped out, as they are, it’s kinda intimidatin’, i'n’it?” After which she looked back to the Red Rebel pair, expectantly.

Lassy Lassy

_Exodus_ _Exodus_ WhipDing WhipDing

Nickie resisted the urge to snap her head around to look at the guy who walked up to her, not wanting to whip her tiny tag along with her hair. Moving her head slowly, she eyed Max.
"Do you want a name to go with the power overview, stranger?" She said, her unease with the situation turning into irritability.
She glanced back at the newly introduced Tyler.
"Nice to meet you, Tyler." She said, not being as careful with her volume as she had before.
Her eyes narrowed as she studied the extra small mutant.
"Are you stuck at that size?"

“I’m Max,” He announces, “And I can do something spectacular.”
He looks around the room to everyone crowded around. Seeing the ceilinghigh above their heads, Max went for it. He created a small blazing green ball in his hands and threw it towards the roof. The firework went off with a massive bang, engulfing the roomin a beautiful green firework.
Max shivered. That one took some energy, not as much as some he had done before.
“That’s what I can do,” Max states.
He noticed the little person on Nickie’s shoulder. He seemed scared.
DistantAnthem DistantAnthem WhipDing WhipDing

Tyler recoiled slightly at her somewhat increased volume, but it was something he'd gotten used since ending up like this. What was intimidating though was her eyes. Not only were they an unnatural colour, they seemed staring more into him than at him. Between that, and how she'd snapped at the last person who'd approached her, it seemed wise to stay on her good side, for his own sake.

"Nice to meet you too. Um, kind of - I can change myself back to normal, but... well, it doesn't last very long, and it's pretty tiring. So I, uh... usually save it for emergen--"

He was cut off by an explosion of green light above him, the sound being loud enough to cause his ears to ring. He thought about shouting something to the newly introduced Max, but he knew from experience that it was pointless - he likely would barely be able to hear him from here, if at all. Instead, he settled for lowering his body even further, to both shield himself and give him a better grip on his host.

DistantAnthem DistantAnthem _Exodus_ _Exodus_

Users who are viewing this thread

Back