• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Marriage Between Nations (IC Thread)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

art by
Arianwen44

Orryn
Damaris-Nevermore

(he/him)

Iғ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴜʀɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴏᴡɴ
I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇsɪᴛᴀᴛᴇ
Tᴏ sᴍɪʟᴇ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴜғғᴏᴄᴀᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴇ

Bite your tongue, and choke yourself to sleep

Thinking: Quit hiding!

Cʜᴏᴋᴇ

IDKHBTFM

The smile on Orryn’s face faltered as the fight broke out, even if the weapons slung by all the competitors were only words. He took a step back, trying to keep his composure despite the tension in the room. He adored the ruffle of his hair that he received, and gazed lovingly upward as soon as her hand receded as a show of appreciation for the small bit of affection. Perhaps this would all turn out okay, but he wasn’t sure. No, instead he fidgeted with his cloak and tried to remain as upstanding as possible.

Well, he presumed, he’d met the guests. Now he could do as he wanted. The boy adjusted his cloak around his shoulders and wrapped it closer before slipping off inside the Castle by himself. Time to find something to mess with. He dipped his head politely at the people that passed and smiled, not wanting to come off as rude or condescending, but rather as the child who did what was expected- being quiet and humble. Bah, what nonsense. Those things were for sissies.

The small boy slunk into the kitchen on silent feet and without making a single sound. The smells of the food for the party enticed him, and he slipped his hand up to steal two powdered beignets off of a plate headed out the door. As he bit into one, he watched the servants scurry around the kitchen in a rush and smiled as the dough melted in his mouth. Mom did hire some of the best cooks in the country. Now, where was that head chef’s son? He always would steal extra treats for him in exchange for someone to play with, especially considering their closeness in age. Though, he would assume, most wouldn’t approve due to their difference in class, and he kept it a secret consequently. Mother only caught him sneaking food to him once.
♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Elynor nodded at her cousins dismissal of the apology, she knew Signy would not hold her frailty against her. Not in the way Elynor herself did, the clouded thoughts were brushed away when Signy linked their arms. It brought back old memories deep in her youth of the woman doing the same thing when Nell tried to shadow her, the simple action made Nell smile as they kept pace. Naturally Signy could stride ahead and it spoke volumes to Nell that the commander slowed down, to be truthful her whole family could probably walk faster than she could run when they were on a mission. As they stared at the castle Nell's heart thrummed nervously in its cage, excitement intertwined with fear and doubt. Signy's comment about it being easier with family was certainly true.

At Arkyn's call she stood by Ander as their father placed his hands on their shoulders. He turned his attention on her and Nell stood just a bit straighter when she recognized he was looking for over taxation. His words after had heat spring to her cheeks, and she nodded. "I will, thank you father." When he moved his attention to Ander she allowed her shoulders to slouch just slightly, and tried not to stare at the pair. Arkyn's words hit Nell's heart, she sees the burden Ander puts upon himself and wishes there was a way to help. But no one could give a lost childhood to a grown man, he had grown up far to quickly and Nell wondered that if she had been stronger if he would have confided in her.

For a reason she couldn't place, Nell felt a cold jolt when her father spoke of sacrifice. The sacrifice of one's own happiness for the perceived greater good have already been in place with Arkyn and Ander. Probably even Signy has had to make that sacrifice for Evander, and Nell would give whatever she could if it meant alleviating some of the pressure. However, what more could Arkyn and Ander sacrifice? Their blood? Their lives? Nell couldn't imagine any of them dyeing, the thought of it alone caused her breath to become ragged.

A true mountain of a man looked down on her family but after her father finished his greeting she gathered her wits and curtseyed with a hand over her chest. "I greet you Patriarch Jason of house Uthradal, I have heard many stories of your people's strength in both physical prowess and conviction. It is a pleasure to meet you, may your ancestors give you strength." Despite how she had practiced her greetings with Toma, it still felt odd. This was different from greeting visitors while in the familiarity of her own home, she was a representation of Evander and the last thing she needed to do was unknowingly create tension between her kingdom and another. With a gentle smile she nodded to the man and followed her father inside.

The inside was even more spectacular than the outside, people were crowded around an area but even from her view they were dressed elegantly. Fine silks that moved like water at every step, gleaming jewels that hungrily caught any light they could, and flawless features that said the perfection was not genetic. So caught in watching the crowd she was taken aback when spotting the royal family. Or more precisely, the queen. The woman was beautiful but in a striking way that both frightened and entranced unsuspecting eyes. Zoleii radiated a casual power, and Nell felt suddenly much smaller in her presence. The rumors that surrounded the queen rushed through her mind but Nell shut them off, rumor were just that. Her family had its own rumors surrounding them and Nell thought less of people who believed them, she would not follow that pattern.

With an unnoticeable breath she placed her hand over her chest and curtsied deep, "Hail Queen Zoleii. I am Princess Elynor Sibil Briain of Evander and I thank you for sharing your hearth, and your harvest. I pray that health finds you and that your path is always paved." It was a old fashion greeting, and Nell mentally sighed for having that be the first impression she made to the woman her father was to wed. As well as those who were to be her new step siblings.

59a7105c64783fb60397bfc99cb93ac8.png

Ah. Now Zoleii understood why the Source required them to purge the world for his Coming. The world was filled with incredibly stupid buffoons who'd place equally stupid people with the political talent of a dry rock in position. Who, in their right mind, would lambast the ruler of the nation he's in and proceed to claim that she wasn't the rightful Queen, while standing in the middle of her troops and foreign allies? Perhaps that was the reason why Patriarch Jason Uthradul had such a massive body- to make up for his tiny brain! If they weren't such disgusting savages, Zoleii would've felt bad for the people of Jotengaumer as their halfwit of a leader essentially quickened their extinction.

The first emotion Zoleii felt was anger. Anger so immense that the markings all over her body began glowing a bright gold- a potent omen of dangers to come as the area was immediately filled with her magical presence, something those blessed with the ability could easily feel. Fortunately for everyone, the Queen was well-versed with politics. She knew she had every right to execute the Patriarch right here and now, as his words and actions were plain casus belli, but she knew a pile of dead clods would be very unsightly for her approaching fiance.

As such, Zoleii calmed herself and beckoned for her soldiers, who instantly reacted to the patriarch's threats, to ease up and lower their weapons. She clasped her hands behind her and subtly tapped her left wrist- a code which her standing telepath immediately caught on. "Telepath, I want you to deliver this message to Commander Harridan: Keep an eye on the oaf. Permission to dispose is granted, just keep it discreet. Relay this message to the rest of the Order. Whoever completes the job before the month ends shall be handsomely rewarded. Get creative and have fun, as the Source had willed for his Chosens." She silently ordered as the Evandish royals drew closer.

When Zoleii laid her eyes on King Arkyn, she couldn't help but reminisce. How many times have she done this? How many more times will she do this? It wasn't her first time but the sight of him, especially those kind eyes of his, never failed to make her wonder. Just how many men would she have to endure to prove the world she was their rightful ruler? She grew sore and tired from tending to them-- bowing to them. Just when she thought she was finally free, her people would demand another, subjecting her to the same torment again and again and again. Like it was a man who raised the kingdom, like it was a man who turned Alor into one of the most powerful nations out there. Like it wasn't her-- the one they call a Black Witch.

Alas, once more she must play this game. Once more she must bow to a King who doesn't even know what strong truly meant. To A King who never and will never know what true strength feels like. A damn Unchosen. "Your words are wise as they are kind, King Arkyn." Zoleii lowered her head in the formal Alorian greeting, a smile now gracing her lips when she raised her head back and locked eyes with her future husband. "I had arranged for a more pleasant welcome, one fit for you and your family's valor, yet you have arrived in the middle of a dispute instead. My apologies." Well, not really. It's not her Kingdom that's in dire need of money after all. "But worry not, I won't let this deter us from enjoying this fateful day. Alor welcomes you with great joy."

The first to introduce herself was Princess Eleanor, Zoleii returning her curtsy with a nod of acknowledgement. "You're very welcome, child. Your father had told me about you, and I must say: his words didn't do your beauty justice. I think you'll get along well with my children. They're not far from your age."

She shifted to direct the Evander's attention to Princess Serana and Prince Luc who were right behind her, expecting them to introduce themselves. "My eldest, whom I assume you're all already familiar with, is Princess Aria standing over there with...," she paused, noting Orryn's absence, "oh Source, where did that child go? I'm sorry, my youngest, Prince Orryn, has a habit of sneaking off to play. He's a very curious child, as I've shared before, but I'm sure he's somewhere nearby." With that, she telepathically ordered for someone to fetch the boy.

Athanas Athanas EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy Tietaja Tietaja Void Dweller Void Dweller mood6 mood6 Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum RabbitsWarren RabbitsWarren @literallyeveryone

art by
Arianwen44

Orryn
Damaris-Nevermore

(he/him)

Iғ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴜʀɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴏᴡɴ
I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇsɪᴛᴀᴛᴇ
Tᴏ sᴍɪʟᴇ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴜғғᴏᴄᴀᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴇ

Bite your tongue, and choke yourself to sleep

Thinking: Hope she isn't mad

Cʜᴏᴋᴇ

IDKHBTFM

The hand on his shoulder tapped before he finished the pastry and made him scream. He accidentally dropped the remains, and someone in front of him cleaned it up while the servant turned him around and guided him towards the door while murmuring a request to be in his mother’s presence. She was introducing him. Ah, of course she was. He frowned and followed his guide without bucking them, knowing that he shouldn’t ever sit out on a summons from her.

“I’m sorry, mother.” Orryn apologized when the steward deposited him back into the gathering of people. “I wrongfully thought we were dispersing.” The child kept his eyes high even though he wanted to duck them down to his feet in order to avoid meeting disproving eyes. But, he knew, that until he was scolded, he needed to meet the eyes of everyone as a sign of respect.

(Sorry for shortness, just redirecting him back!)
♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

C L E F T O R Y L , A L L I S O N
Interacting with: mood6 mood6 Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

The words 'don't thank me yet' sat at her tongue as her response, but she bit it back. Maybe it wouldn't have been an appropriate response to Alorian royalty. So Allie simply smiled at her as they ambled out of the way. She shouldn't have been surprised to see another royal trying to get his sister out of that environment. Allison gave a short nod to Prince Lucsieth and they continued out of the range of that... whatever that situation is called. Allie retracted her touch from her once the prince spoke again. "It's my honor to be of assistance." She responded with a polite smile.

The arrival of four people caught the eyes of others. Oh, the Evandish royalty! Allie wondered when they would come. It felt like it had been a century of waiting for half of the star of this event. Idly, she played with the gloves that came with her dress. Allie had a rundown of them too but they weren't really quite as important as the Alorian royalty. Though, it was a bit difficult not to know about them in her line of work. Still, to see them in the flesh was certainly something. They seemed just as imposing as she imagined; though the king held such a kind air around him.

As the king spoke about forging a weapon for Jason, a prickle of jealousy ran through her once again. She wondered what would have happened if she had taken the identity of a Rheian royal. Would she be subjected to such special treatment as well? It certainly would have been nice. Though if she had done that, she would attract far too much attention and have a lot more restrictions. This was for the best. Her eyes grazed at the box - twinkling. She wondered if she could nab that as well. It would fetch for such a high price! It would have been made with some pretty special material if it was going to be gifted to a royal of another kingdom. How much of a challenge would it be? It was just Jason. Ah, maybe there's more in this place that she could just take away. It's not like they'll have much use for what she'll take. They can just replace those anyway.

She blinked back to reality, noticing how her hand had curled around her wrist. Ah, she can't be that obvious, can she? "I hope to be able to talk with you later in the ball, your highnesses." She said with a small bow, folding her hands behind her back and flashing them another smile. "A pleasure meeting you." She repeated before moving out of the way of their introductions. Ah, she can't wait to get inside. This place was too open. Her feet brought her back to another group of Alorian nobles but kept her eyes on the royalty. Allie's eyes were drawn to the queen - how quickly everything shifted with the appearance of the Evandish king. She idly wondered if she could maybe grab a contract with her during this month long stay. She looked like someone who pays well. It certainly wouldn't be a boring party with these people around, that's for sure.

Sandalphon.%28Granblue.Fantasy%29.600.2863737.jpg

Lucsieth Damaris-Nevermore

Lucsieth immediately straightened at the sight of the Evandish Royals and Ana's hand behind his back. He gave the King of Evander a bow, just as needed when meeting royalty of another kingdom. A charming smile plastered on his face as he looked at them. He already knew them of course but has never never met with any nor talked to even in letters. Ander was formerly arranged to be married with his eldest sister, Aria. He was the most interesting to the Alorian Prince out of the three, making him wonder if Prince Ander would support Aria as the crowned princess due to their relationship.

Lucsieth had not much thought of Princess Elynor and the King... Those kind eyes merely reminded him of his father. Even with such intimidating build, the King radiated with warmth. His thoughts were broken when heard of the Rheian's bid if momentary farewell and nodded. He would say more to her but it was the most he could do while waited for a chance to introduce himself to the Evandish people. At the mention of Orryn, Lucsieth wanted to roll his eyes but stopped himself from doing so. Of course, the little angel had snuck away. Being their mother's favorite must be nice, he whispered silently to himself.

Once the opportunity presented itself, Lucsieth has opened his mouth and greeted, "Hail to King Arkyn and to your family. I hoped your journey, while lengthy, has been fortunate as you join us in this celebration of unity. I am Prince Lucasieth Damaris-Nevermore, and I hope to get to know you all well as we will be family soon."

mention: RabbitsWarren RabbitsWarren . D O V E . D O V E || interaction: AI10100 AI10100 mood6 mood6
Tietaja Tietaja Void Dweller Void Dweller Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Users who are viewing this thread

Back