• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Mafia Story (Adv. lit, doubling)

Jack19XK

And so it begins,,,
A little about myself and what I’m looking for: Hey there, my name is Jack and I’m currently a college student in my 20s. I consider myself to be a literate writer and can often dish out multi-paragraph to novella-leveled replies, depending on what I have to work with. I’m currently looking for a mature 3rd person writer to play the F role in an MXF mafia themed rp. Aside from that, the only other thing I wish for in a partner is that they are detailed and literate. In all honestly, I enjoy long detailed replies the most. The more the better and I promise that I will return it in full.

I rp in 3rd person and I’m a big fan of world-building and dark-themed rps. I’m also a big fan of the typical enemies-to-lovers trope. I like to incorporate multiple characters into a story and hope my partner is willing to double and take up characters of their own.

OOC plotting and communication are a must for me because I feel like that’s the stepping stone to finding out whether you and your partner will have chemistry. We don’t have to plan everything out step by step but I believe that having a roadmap and something to look forward to helps to build the excitement for the story.

I might sound a little formal here but I promise that this isn’t how I talk in real life. I’m much more casual in OOC.

Setting and Premise: The story will take place in modern times in New York City or some fictional city with similar characteristics, whichever you prefer. The world as we know it is long gone, replaced with endless corruption and greed. It’s a world where right and wrong are blurred by a wheel of justice that no longer turns. Powerful crime families with origins dating back to the 1900s now rule much of the country and beyond with the support of their puppet officials in the government. Those who seek true justice and order must do so in silence as they struggle to distinguish the good from the bad.

Life in such a world is hard for many but as humans, most have learned to adapt. By now, the majority of the population has come to accept the fact that their government is corrupt and that they must live out their lives under the thumbs of a few select individuals. Interesting enough, that’s awfully similar to how they were living in the past, to begin with.

As one may expect of such a world, crime is rampant and a city such as NYC is at the very heart of it all. MC will take the role as the heir to one of the leading crime families that rules NY. However, holding the position of heir will not come easy as he must compete with numerous others who covet such a role, including members of his own family. At the same time, his family has many rivals and enemies who would exploit any signs of unrest or weakness that are shown.

As for YC, that’s completely up to you really. I can see it going a lot of ways from YC being the daughter of a rival crime family to an ordinary civilian. They start off as strangers but certain circumstances ultimately forced them together. Their relationship will start off volatile with hate and necessity being the main drive but threats to their lives will gradually bring them closer together.

I would love to expand on the world together and introduce other characters into the story. But most importantly, I’m looking forward to plotting some outright messes to put the characters into.

If you’re interested in discussing something feel free to msg me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back