• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy a love square of royal proportions

opinions!!

• this is a terrible idea what the heck 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ur execution stinks 5/10

• yes! yes!!!! yes!!!!!! 10/10

• these choices are all ridiculous and have no bearing on my actual opinion

• Total voters

thegreathero

one alliance.

two arranged marriages.

four royal heirs.

six tension filled relationships.

Relationships between the nations of Immis, Varore, Ferra, and Joan have always been fraught with strain. Each prizing its own principles above all else, they struggled to make peace with each other's differences.

Achieving balance has taken hundreds of years, but the nations have reached an agreement. Spurred by each leader's own desire for change, they made a decision. An alliance of marriage.

The heirs of Immis and Varore. The heirs of Ferra and Joan.

And then- the heirs of the next generation.

Eight years have passed since the agreement was made. The youngest heir has turned 18, and as the terms decreed, all four have now been made aware of their futures. Soon they will be brought together to live in each other's company for a year. Each of them must come to terms with the path they must take, and the person they must learn to love.

However, hearts rarely do as they are told, and many other things stand in the way of these youths besides heartbreak. Assassination attempts, plotting families, war-hungry traitors, their own nations crumbling from within- there is much work to do yet, for them to pave the future for their people.

Nations:

• The dominion of Immis, ruled by the sly Sere Nadon, is surrounded by a sheer valley of precious stones. The people here are recognisable by their sharp eyes and dusky features, and they live by the values of beauty, symmetry, and perfection. Royals are signified by ceremonial tattoos once they come of age: three identical dots over each brow, collarbone, and hipbone.

(taken)

please excuse the terrible formatting, bbcode gives me a headache. but yeah!! that's the gist of it! basically, I just really really want some intense political romance melodrama. everyone's in love. nobody knows how to handle it. someone will die?? (probably not) (or will they??)

I'm looking for three people! My character is the heir of Immis (they're nonbinary wink wink), so that leaves Varore, Ferra and Joan up for grabs. I tried to make their cultures detailed enough to give some inspiration, but vague enough for you to build on it. if you have an idea for your own nation, i'm open to hearing it!

be warned: the premise sounds serious but its gonna super cheesy, probably. also gay. definitely gay. i beseech you to come into this with the gayest mindset possible. if any of that isn't your cup of tea, turn around now!

okay this sounds like exactly my cup of coffee (not a tea fan, sorry). also, i can do gay.

i'd totally want to role-play the Varore heir because living by a dormant volcano is hella cool. getting slight Arab & Persian vibes. would the role-players also get to make siblings or relatives for their characters? just wondering.

I'm very interested in this. If I could play a heir from Joan that'd be really cool. (and yes I can do gay. i can do hella gay)

NNNNoooooo! I'm too late! I wanted Ferra or Varore.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kattz @Cross_Rhodes @Red Irish Dragon @verifiedkat

(gentle screaming because i didn't expect this many people to be interested and you all have my love for eternity)

@Clock yeah!! family is all up to interpretation as long as the heir is the one in line for the throne. (and no worries, im a fraud who doesnt like tea or coffee)

heres the link to the thread!! get a load of that terrible title

i guess we'll decide who's in through auditions?? im gonna be stuck with limited internet for a couple of weeks either way, so let's say you have until july 5th to sign up! feel free to ask questions, i'll try to help | εン、)ノ

@Red Irish Dragon ah, sorry if i was unclear! I'll pick people based on the character sheets they fill in the sign up thread- the audition part was just a joke :) the writing example piece just needs to be longer than two paragraphs.

(i would love to, but i won't be around for a while!! in a few weeks, maybe?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back