• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

A Lil First Day Feedback

Kade

Fandom Fanatic
Not going to officially bring up the coding stuff. I know you've seen enough people talk about that already. You're working on it. I totally get it.

I actually really like the mini-forum system. It keeps everything in one spot, which I enjoy. I've built several phpbb forums before, so for me it's really easy to understand how it all works. The only thing I noticed there was that I don't see an option to delete a forum/category once you've made one. Maybe I missed it? I was going to tinker around and see if that was an option, but didn't want to risk screwing up a pre-existing game just to experiment. Also, in the settings there's an option to post game rules, but I don't see where those rules actually show up for the gamers. I didn't see a link or menu item or anything anywhere to view the rules that are typed into that section. 

Tab and accordion text. It's really easy to do now, which is cool, but I dislike that we can't format any of that text. I had my rules posted there in my game in a listed fashion, but when you look at it on the site, it comes out in one jumbled paragraph. And we can't use italics or bold or anything. I don't care that we can't make them all pretty colors and fonts now, but we should be able to have basic text formatting options for that. The accordions are nice for saving space on the page, keeping what would be super long posts shrunk down to easy to access pieces. If we can't format the text in them in any way though, it makes their functionality less valuable.

Also, is "Like" going to remain the only reaction option on posts? I rather enjoyed the previous list of options where we could say a post was funny or sad or well-thought out, etc. I know Meredith said that some buttons were coming back and just aren't here yet. Wasn't sure if those were going to be included.

The last thing I can think of off the top of my head is the Follow thingie. Again, you've probably heard enough complaints about everyone losing who they followed, etc. That's not my issue. I didn't have that many people because I was newer to the site anyway. I was just wondering if we could see who we're following again. We have that nice box that shows who follows us, but it'd be actually more beneficial for me to see who I'm following so I can quick-access people I have an actual interest in. I mean, the people I follow are the ones I specifically chose, so I have way more invested in them than folks who may randomly follow me because they like something I said once.  

Otherwise I think you guys are on the right path. Change is just hard for everyone and there have been some frustrations in getting old games shifted over. I'm not sure if I can keep with any of my original games because people are bailing so quickly, which is sad to me because I loved those games, but I'm willing to start new and see how all this plays out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back