• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Home To Wanderers

helloCanIGo

Roleplay Type(s)
Some worlds away from all human civilization stood a little patchwork town, resting on a cliff overlooking a great and mysterious ocean. Tents, huts, houses, and stalls creaked and swayed with the gentle breeze as the sun set, pokémon of all sorts hurrying home through narrow pathways.

Towards the eastern end of town, the door to an otherwise quiet post office flew open, a panicked young chespin bolting past. With an armful of parchment rolls, he sprints down the gravel road with reckless abandon.

The office had been so busy all week, but to have missed this many letters to the local adventurer's guild? He couldn't waste another moment!

A little off of the path to the post office would be a piplup. The penguin pokemon currently to heading off to the adventurers guild as he sees the Chespin bolt past his house. Unlike the Chespin, he isn't in that much of a hurry though he is excited to head on over.

There is the issue of him needing a partner though as many weird mystery dungeons have been popping up and recently, pokemon have begun disappearing inside them in need of rescue.

As chespin and piplup eventually arrive at the guild, one of the fee buildings in this area, both see the guild master, a dragonite, and his helper, a Cinccino, greeting the many other pokemon that had come to assist in exploring these dungeons.

(I hope that works)

Chespin had hardly noticed the piplup on the way there, too wrapped up in mentally rehearsing his apology for the guild master.

The moment the dragonite turned to them, the chespin, bowed his head, and near shouted.

"I'm so, so incredibly sorry, sir! We've had a huge mix up this week- I hurried as fast as I could to get these letters to you. It's nothing too urgent- just more reports and requests from locals- ah, and we have a parcel here for one of your adventurers..." Nearly dropping the letters with shaking paws, the chespin dug through his messenger bag, pulling out a carefully wrapped package.

The cinccino takes the letters and parcel, thanking the chespin. The dragonite is slightly more stern, but not purposefully so. "Hm... That'll do."

He turns to the piplup, the chespin backing away with a nervous squeek.

"And you- What do you have to report?" This situation was growing out of hand by the minute- it seemed most of the town was swamped with work trying to deal with it.

"Oh actually, I was looking to join as an exploration team sir, perhaps the Chespin here could be my partner maybe ?" he asks, the dragon seeming to ponder this for a bit before giving him a little nod.

"That could be a good idea , we need others to at least explore some of the areas , perhaps we could get a handle on some of the outlaws in them as well. The whole town is rather swamped as well, a Lampert is busy setting up item storage, a Smergle is busy setting up a rudimentary item shop and others go on about their busy daily lives

(Sorry for the delay! Past few days were hectic)
"M-me?" The chespin jumps back, startled. "Um... I mean... I suppose I like exploring okay, but I don't know..." He stopped the think about it for a moment.
Well, much of his job entailed going from one end of town to the next, weaving through a maze of narrow streets and busy foot traffic of often much larger pokémon.
...And he wasn't great at it, not at first. But he learned.
"Piplup, if you could teach me a little bit... I think I could try!"

"I'm sure you will be fine, besides, we would be helping others out by exploring these places," he nods "I would be happy to help with it of course. So would you be up for it Chespin?"

Chespin smiled, slightly nervous. It was better than sorting mail, at least.
"Yeah, why not? I haven't been outside town before... A little wandering couldn't hurt."
The dragonite nodded thoughtfully. "That'll do... we can always use the extra help. If you'll step inside, one of our team leaders will get you set up right away- just ask at the front desk." Without another word, the dragonite stepped towards another approaching group of explorers, leaving the piplup and chespin on their own.

"Well shall we get started then?" Piplup says looking to head inside, the guild itself is one of those ' bigger on the inside' deals. Pokemon of many species moving all around the area doing who knows what, "Hmm, now where are the team leaders at?" Piplup looks around before spotting one of them in a Megainum and starting to head on over when Chespin was ready. Given how all of this was just sprung on him, he figures he might need a second to take this all in.

Chespin looked around in awe. He never really stepped inside before- only dropped off mail to assistants waiting outside, or to the mailbox by the entrance.
It was often said that psychic pokémon from the guild used their powers to expand the inside of the building beyond what was normally possible, and now he wondered if those rumors were true.
He nodded to piplup, suddenly more excited than ever before to get started. If these were the sorts of things he'd get to see while exploring- he was right, this was definitely better than sorting mail!

Piplup wasn't sure on that rumor but it's definitely possible. He then heads up to the grass type with Chespin, "Hello, we would like officially make a exploration team, Chespin and I" he nods.

"Okay dears, did you both settle on an agreed team name ? Other than that I can go and get you guys your starting kit" she then heads off to get a bag for them with two badges, bronze for now, a map of the area, as well as 2 apples. "Here you two are, now just need a name so I can register the both of you as a team
."

"...Team name?"
Chespin turned to piplup, confused. "Um... do you... have one in mind? I didn't know we needed one- Ooh, maybe we could something with our types? Grass and water- like, um... The Lilypad Adventurers! No, that's awful- Hm. Oh- oh! The Kelp Dungeoneers- argh, no!"
Chespin, without thinking, starts to pace back and forth, lost in thought, listing random water-themed plants. This is clearly going nowhere.

Not like Piplup really had ideas in his head either as he didn't even think they needed one as well. Next would be a long 3 minutes of spouting random names that sound awful, kelp Krusaders, Explorers of nature, and such like that, all the while the grass dino cant help bt chuckle at these silly names, "It's always amusing to see what new teams come up with" she muses to herself.

Piplup does come up with one eventually that isn't too bad at least to him, "How about Nature's Fury?" having taken 3 minutes to think of that.

"O-oh? Do I seem furious? I don't know... Maybe Nature's Rescuers? We could go with either one you want, though!" Chespin stopped in his tracks, clearly relieved. Two options was still almost too many to deal with, but it certainly better than aimlessly naming plants- or being stuck with something like "Moss Knights..."

"I mean it's more just a cool name while keeping the idea of plants , sorta. At least that way it sounds like we both had a hand in it don't you think?" Piplup would turn to Meganium and nod "I think we will go with that name for now"

The dino now writes that name into the registration, "There you go, you guts are all done. Feel free to start doing missions , and most importantly, be careful."

"Oh- wonderful!" Chespin beamed, glancing around the guild. "Where do we start?"

"Oh- the mission board is on the eastern wall, towards the entrance!" the meganium gestures. "Just leave a pin before you set out, and let us know whether you succeed or fail- if you're out more than a certain amount of time, we'll send a rescue group to check up on you."

Chespin nods, and excitedly brings piplup along to the board, which is nearly covered floor to ceiling in notices of all sorts of dungeons. "Oh, dear... here, I'll check this side, you look over there! Let me know if you see something interesting... ah, and easy..."

"Will do Chespin" he nods heading over to his side as the dino now heads to deal with other pokemon. The mission board is full of many missions, a few are to look for pokemon outlaws, actually a good bunch are. But within all of those would be a few exploration missions as well, the outlaws range from a haxorus to a malamar to a hunter. But some are perhaps surprising such as a pichu, clefairy, and a duo of a togetic and jigglypuff.

"Wow quite alot of choices here" piplup exclaims looking this over and going back to chespin

"Ha... yeah- I can see why that dragonite seemed a little out of it- I'd be exhausted, too! I'm tired just looking at this..." Chespin considers the seemingly endless missions with a deep sigh.
"Did you see anything that caught your eye? Everything on my end was either boring, or already had a pin on it... but if we really have to, we could go looking for a lost item or something..." chespin shrugged.

"Well there is the duo here" he says looking to the two fairy types. It seems they were more on the petty side of the law wanted for stealing items from other explorers. However, they hadn't been caught yet, though that could be due to them being fairly new on the board. "We can try this one unless you see another one Chespin " the piplup says

Not exactly a beginner mission but still it shouldn't be too hard right?

"Well, we're not too strong against fairy types, but not too weak, either- I don't see why not?" Chespin thought for a moment. "And who says we need to fight, either? Maybe with a well laid trap- or with some persuasion- or... we'll find out when we get there, right?" He nods.
"Yeah, let's do it!" Grabbing a pin from the bag they were given, chespin marks the mission, officially claiming it as their own. "We'll set out whenever you're ready! We could even check out some shops on the way, although seeing as the duo's hiding out in the Wildgrove Orchard, I bet we'll find plenty of food there..." Chespin is momentarily distracted. Suddenly, his motivation in choosing this mission is a lot clearer.

Yeah, that's true " he nods as chespin mentions food. Piplup just nods knowing Chespin is in this mission for the grub, but then again maybe he just missed breakfast today. After claiming the mission, it's off to the shop where Smergle does have some items set up but not very many. The stuff that is there are apples, a few gravelerocks, and an oran berry. Worse they don't have that much money, well at least Piplup doesn't.

"We may be able to only afford 2 items right now, I'd guess items will be easier to find in the dungeon "

"Well- gravelrocks might be useful for distracting any potential enemies, or getting the upper hand in a fight," chespin thought out loud, "and an oran berry will be helpful for healing in a pinch. We'll find plenty of food and water on the way- and in the dungeon itself. Does that sound alright?"

"Yeah it does " he nods buying the items, after which they begin to head to the wildgrove Orchard. The area littered with trees as they get closer to it as well as more apples and berries , most likely to Chespins delight. Most of the trees would have various berries on them with some other pokemon enjoying them as well some combee and cutiefly buzzing around.

The pine forest surrounding the town quickly gave way to the Orchard, which was nestled in a small valley south of the mountains. Chespin continually glanced back and forth between the map, and frowned.
"Hm... they weren't kidding. These paths don't line up at all- this place looks totally different to the map the last team made. I guess we'll just have to explore ourselves, right?"

"Yeah seems that way "Piplup nods while the two begin exploring. The area thankfully doesn't have any traps for now but there still is the smell of various foods around as well as some other pokemon. "Now where are those pokemon we are looking for?" piplup wonders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back