• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Heartfelt Search

Swallowing a lump that formed in his throat, Dean answered, " Uh, well...me and Cas, we kinda...startedbeingtogether." the hunter stumbled, the words forming into one long compound.

Goddamnit, you're supposed to be a warrior, not some friggin' teen, the hunter scolded himself.

Opening his eyes fully, and mentally congratulating himself at seeing a grin spread across Sam's face. "About as serious as I get, Sam."

Bobby looked at Dean and laughed at his nervousness, but nodded. He smiled. "Good for you. I approve for once." He said, sitting back and looking over at Dean and then Cas.

Castiel was initially nervous and then smiled, relaxing at the elder hunter's words.

Sam grinned. "Thanks."

»JW

Blinking, Dean soon broke into a light smile, "Uh...thanks, Bobby."

Shaking his head and waving a hand, Gabriel said, "Don't thank me, kiddo. Just don't read 'em all at once. Wouldn't want you to get a headache."

Castiel looked at Dean and smiled gently. He then smiled at Bobby. "Thank you." He said politely.

Bobby laughed. "Of course. I always thought there was something to you two. Just how you acted around each other, I suppose."

Sam grinned and laughed slightly. "Like I would." He said as he went over and grabbed a book on supernatural beings. Though he'd seen and dealt with them hundreds, even thousands, of times, he still enjoyed reading about them and comparing each text.

»JW

A blush furthering on his face, Dean knew there was something up with everyone else when he and Cas were around each other. He wasn't being paranoid, which was a mild first. Sam did the same thing, the bitch.

Deciding to take a cat nap, the archangel propped his feet against another chair and closed his eyes, consequently snoring softly a while later.

Bobby grinned at Dean. "Is the princess embarrassed?" He teased with a laugh.

Castiel couldn't help a grin and looked at Dean, smiling more as his blue eyes shone with a glance at Dean.

Sam glanced over at the archangel and laughed to himself. Man, he wished he could fall asleep like that. He shook his head and went back to reading, pulling his knee to his chest slightly.

»JW

"Shut up," Dean growled, no real heat behind it. But seeing Cas grin and the angel's blue eyes shining, the hunter let a small smile upturn a corner of his mouth.

A few hours later, Gabriel groggily woke up and looked around, seeing Sam in the exact same position before. Engrossed in his book, the hazel-eyed man seemed oblivious to anything else. It was rather cute and nerdy.

"Have you moved at all?" the archangel asked.

Bobby grinned at hearing no meaning behind Dean's growl, and noticed the way he smiled at the angel.

Castiel smiled. "There we go." He murmured softly.

Sam heard nothing but a indistinct mumbling from Gabriel, so fixed on his book he was. He looked up, and focused his hazel gaze on the archangel. "What was that?" He asked.

He'd already gotten through the first book and had gotten another.

»JW

Shaking head fondly at the pair, Dean left the room to go get a drink. Preferably beer. And then keep on searching for Sam.

Groaning dramatically at having to repeat himself, Gabriel said, "Have you moved at all?"

Castiel watched Dean leave and sighed. "Haven't found anything?" He asked Bobby.

Bobby shook his head with a long sigh. "Who would take Sam?"

"Yes." Sam said simply, then returned his attention to his book.

»JW

Upon hearing his brother's name, Dean entered the room once more and took a long sip of his drink before answering, "Probably some friggin' creep, or at least someone who wants Sam for some reason. Ransom, us goin' after the bastard, who knows?" his previous anger from before, that Bobby, and mostly Cas, and worked rather hard to tamper down, slowly bubbled up again. Though thankfully, Dean would manage to keep it in check.

Huffing at Sam's one word answer, Gabriel climbed out of the chair and muttered something about "book nerds who got sucked in", as he wandered around the room, moving chairs loudly when they got in his way.

Castiel furrowed his brows and then tilted his head. "I..I remember there being something off about Gabriel when I asked about Sam, and he refused to help." He glanced at Dean and then Bobby. "But maybe that was him just being the stubborn man he is. I don't know." The angel hadn't told them at first because Gabriel was constantly being a stick in the mud.

Bobby glanced up at Castiel and then Dean. "Do ya think he did it?" He asked his fellow hunter, though he couldn't find any reason why the archangel would just take Sam.

Sam glanced up. "Could you keep it down? Good hell." He muttered the last under his breath, focusing his hazel gaze back on the book in his lap.

»JW

Hearing the archangel's name, Dean scowled, knowing there was nothing good about that sneaky son of a bitch, "It probably was, the sick creep." The hunter didn't trust Gabriel in the slightest, from the first and last time they had met. Hell, the guy had killed him over a hundred times in Mystery Spot!

"Married couple," Gabriel chimed under his breath as he stopped pushing the chairs around, resulting in just humming quietly to himself. The archangel was bored, and teasing Sam didn't seem like much of an option when the taller had his nose in a book.

Castiel looked at them. "I...I don't know that I can locate him." He said, stammering.

Bobby sighed. "Of course."

Sam ignored Gabriel, focusing on his book and tuning it everything else out.

»JW

Dean placed a hand on his partner's shoulder and said, "I'm sure we'll figure out a way. He's gonna get what's coming to him." Maybe they could figure out a way to lure him in, or somehow locate whatever corner of the world he made his home in.

Finally wanting to bother someone, Gabriel stood next to Sam, hands behind his back and trying to seem as innocent as possible. Peering over and catching a glance at what the hazel-eyed man was reading, the archangel quirked a brow, "Alice in Wonderland?"

Castiel nodded but glanced away as Bobby clenched his teeth. He'd caught it and felt guilty because he wasn't capable.

Sam jumped and nearly dropped the book. "Good Hell, Gabriel!" He said.

»JW

Not noticing anything that happened between the two, especially what Cas was feeling, Dean soon finished his drink before setting the bottle on the table with a solid clink. Crossing his arms over his chest, the green-eyed hunter tried to figure out possible ways of luring Gabriel out of his hole and getting his brother back. It wasn't going to be easy...

Letting out a curt bark of laughter, Gabriel smiled impishly, "Scared ya? Told you, Sam, you'll get sucked in, and won't be able to hear anything going on around you."

Castiel glanced at Dean, eyeing his drink but not saying anything. He didn't approve but he didn't have any say in what the hunter did.

Sam glared. "Shut up."

»JW

"Is there any way to summon an archangel, Bobby? Seems like the easiest way to get him over 'ere." Dean offered. He didn't know as much about archangels as he wanted to...but this seemed like a decent question.

Raising his hands up in surrender, Gabriel said, "Sorry, kiddo. But, you do have a good taste in books, I gotta say..."

"Um, yeah. I think so. But it wouldn't be easy. The fucker wouldn't come willingly." Bobby replied.

Castiel looked at Bobby, as he was clueless as well.

Sam rolled his hazel eyes, mistaking it as sarcasm.

»JW

Nodding in reply, Dean said, "Well, s'all we got. There should be somethin' on summoning archangels, so use your wise magic and try and find something. I'm gonna head outside for a bit." And with that, Dean tugged on his leather jacket before heading out into the cold evening, choosing to sit on the steps like he did hours ago.

Watching Sam roll his eyes, Gabriel defended, "Wasn't lying, Sam! Geez, you're like the opposite of Cas."

Castiel looked over at Bobby, who was already concentrated on his work. He frowned and followed Dean after some hesitation, standing beside him on the porch, calf hitting his arm.

Bobby looked through his books with an intense look, brows furrowed.

"Why are you comparing me to Cas?" Sam demanded, glaring.

»JW

Feeling something hit his arm, Dean looked up and smiled softly at seeing Cas standing above him, "Hey, Cas. Something the matter?"

A little perturbed by Sam's glare, Gabriel answered coolly, "My little bro doesn't understand sarcasm too well. While you, Sam, seem to understand it so well, that you mistake a lot of things for it. I wasn't trying to pick on ya for reading that book, it's pretty good. You've got good taste."

Castiel shook his head. "No, I was just making sure you were alright." The angel said softly, sitting close beside the hunter and looking sideways at him.

"I repeat; why are you comparing me to Cas? We're nothing alike. There's absolutely no reason." Sam said, agitated.

»JW

Dean chuckled at his lover's statement, "You always are," before leaning closer to the angel, pressing his lips against Cas' jaw and lingering as if wanting nothing more than to stay like that, then pulling away.

"There's no reason, because I have no reason! Just brotherly instinct, kiddo. Don't tell me you don't compare others to that big, bad brother of yours." Gabriel retorted, growing a bit annoyed with this conversation. Couldn't the moose just let it go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back