• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building A Galaxy To Conquer

For example, having a level of leadership that boosts the effectiveness of your army, and as the leader wins more battles and increases their leader level, so does their effectiveness?

If I'm honest, it feels unengaging. I can do two things, assault and attack, I can only assault up to three places and have to rely on old fashioned charge your entire army tactics. I feel like there is little I can really do to effect the outcome other then have a numerical superiority. As I said the system is great for balance but a way to think of it is 1000 trained soliders against 1000 untrained militia the outcomes obvious, but 100 soliders against the same odds and theres some doubt, but 50 or even 10, its unlikely but theres still a chance those trained soldiers could be victorious. Or tactics, hannabal beat the romans by literally crushing their entire army together so they couldn't move. Vikings would often split their troops and assault from two directions having you think they were somewhere while half (or more) of their army was hiding somewhere you pass to meet them, so they can surround you.

Hmm... Ive come up with something.

Assault: Increases power by 10%

Ambush: decreases enemy power by 25%

Encircle: decreases enemy power by 50%

Kamakazi: decreases power by 25% and decreases enemy power by 75%

Maybe you could adopt something like this?

KingTiger said:
Hmm... Ive come up with something.
Assault: Increases power by 10%

Ambush: decreases enemy power by 25%

Encircle: decreases enemy power by 50%

Kamakazi: decreases power by 25% and decreases enemy power by 75%

Maybe you could adopt something like this?
Surely then you just always encircle?

Well, it can only be used once a battle, Ambush would be able to be used 2 times a battle, Kamikazi could only be used once, and Assault could be used 3 times a battle. Edit: There would be limitations, however the host decides the rules. Edit 2: Assault would be the most basic thing a general knows, they would have to like learn how to use the other skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could also add new things like

Rest: increases power by 25% (Up to 100% strength)

Field Hospital: Increases power by 50% (Up to 100% strength)

You could also make things like Field Hospital researchable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering these suggestions. How about building the structure for your engagement on enemy lines? Essentially, employ a number of tactics, and use research to obtain even more tactics to increase the overall effectiveness of your military force. And possibly using tactics that a unique to certain terrain and conditions? I'd probably introduce a pro-con system where you need to properly consider which form of tactic you'll utilise. And also, what about combo tactics? For example, using 2 or more different type of tactics that, when combined together, boost the effectiveness of your military force.

Hey everyone!!! If you haven't been active because of no notifications, you forgot to follow the thread on the main tab. DO IT NOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back