• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A First-Class OoC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
A First-Class OoC
Out-of-Character Rules:
  1. There are no rules that are not already RpN site rules
  2. I lied.
  3. Post memes and cool aesthetic stuff you find on Pinterest.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I was doing some research because I do not respect past-welian who said "casual rp, history is for nerds", and the Guilded Rose is 10000% aesthetically based on the SY Ena and the SS Delphine.

my issue with tolkien's elves is that they would likely be more advanced, probably at a level similar to that of humans

In defense of the elves, humans have steel, and look how that turned out for the fae. Do you see any fae on the continent? No? Thank steel for that.

my issue with tolkien's elves is that they would likely be more advanced, probably at a level similar to that of humans
Fair, they are kinda just better then humans in almost every way... (Tbf orcs where the arguably most technolgicaly adcanced race in middle earth.) I was thinking more Welian bases their Tolkein's elven cultures off them instead of just copying it in it's entirely. Take the bits that inspire them out of the

In defense of the elves, humans have steel, and look how that turned out for the fae. Do you see any fae on the continent? No? Thank steel for that.
#StopTheSteel The fae won those fights legitimately! Bigly! We weren't killed #FAKENEWS Those dam humans cheated! That's the only reason we lost! (I'm sorry)

I legitimately do not remember a single detail from Lord of the Rings, I haven't read The Hobbit since middle school. Everything I know about Tolkien elves comes from Tumblr, and it's that Legolas should mathematically have ginormous snail eyes and elves are immortal (which is booooooring).

Did a tiny bit of reading (not about elves) but maybe elven culture is similar to the renaissance period, with far less industrialization and more focused on beauty and craftsmanship. The elven state could have also consisted of various city states that didn't work well together, which of course led to their annihilation.

I legitimately do not remember a single detail from Lord of the Rings, I haven't read The Hobbit since middle school. Everything I know about Tolkien elves comes from Tumblr, and it's that Legolas should mathematically have ginormous snail eyes and elves are immortal (which is booooooring).
Oh sorry, I did not mean to badager you about it. (Tbf Tolkein he does considere the consquences of their imortality.)

Did a tiny bit of reading (not about elves) but maybe elven culture is similar to the renaissance period, with far less industrialization and more focused on beauty and craftsmanship. The elven state could have also consisted of various city states that didn't work well together, which of course led to their annihilation.
That's given me an idea, maybe the elven culture can also take stuff from german or birtish culture just a different time period then the humans (I mean the HRE was a confusing mess, so it fits the whole disunfied idea).

It'd be a bit of a different dynamic, but how about more of a 'primitive/civilised' divide between the human cultures with their focus on technology and class and dolla-dolla and the magical/elven societies which are more traditionalistic alongside obviously having magic? Depending on what this magic allows them to do, it might also be in the best self-interests of the human political elite to propaganda against the filthy magical folk (good old fear of the unknown/other and all that!), which would have grown in the popular opinion over the centuries leading to the current climate.

Also I have a quick question: does our human kingdom have a monarchy of some sort?

That's definitely an interesting take! Also, the character profile outline is up, for anyone who wants to get started.

welian welian : Just tag me when the character rules/lore is up and I'll be in there, us old-timers have to stick together!

For my character I'm thinking a fairly prim-proper nobleman's son who basically goes into meltdown mid crisis and turns into an insufferable madman.

Beautiful, love it. I could actually use your help though - and also the help of anyone reading this right now, lol.

We've established that there was a big humans vs elves war fifty years ago. One of the reasons humans won is through the power of manufacturing - fae are known to not like iron, and in my head, elves are similar to fair folk in the way they're associated with woods and nature.

So this implies that one, there's multiple fantasy races, and two, that we're looking at a minimum of humans and dwarves versus elves and fairies. I also promised a friend of mine that if he joined, he could play two goblins in a trenchcoat pretending to be a Hugh Mann.

What are some common fantasy races that should be included, then? I'd like to have orcs because I like large green amazonian women, but I'm open to negotiations.

I'm not the man to ask I'm afraid as I'm really not knowledgable about mythical creatures (hence playing a character who is against them aha). Dragons somewhere are always cool though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back