Advice/Help A Disappearing Partner

CookieGalaxy

I'm going to get straight to the point. I started a roleplay with a female from Discord. The plot was about my oc Sonatha getting caught in gang warfare and she must go into hiding with the rival gang leader because she's a hedgehog. I started it off, and I wanted to say to her that I wasn't going to hurry her up and to take her time, she disappeared and I think deleted her account. Does this happen often or is it bad luck?

I haven't a clue what goes on with discord in all honesty. I guess the same thing that happens with forum roleplay can happen there. Depending on when you posted the starter, you might want to give her a bit first. It could be she had something to do? I mean if she deleted her account that sucks but all you can do is just move on. It's one of those things that does happen.

That makes perfect sense. I now understand that everyone is busy and I had to muster up all the patience in order to continue to roleplay. But maybe I have bad luck all the time.

That makes perfect sense. I now understand that everyone is busy and I had to muster up all the patience in order to continue to roleplay. But maybe I have bad luck all the time.
Unfortunately things do happen. I wouldn't say it's bad luck rather just a part of roleplay. Over my time of writing, I've had numerous partners just up and leave but what can you do lol. Just don't give up.

Ghosting is very common in roleplay but if she really did delete her account then it's probably something related to IRL.

Yes. Ghosting is incredibly common, and it happens for any number of reasons.

I think the best advice is to never take ghosting personally. Either they had something personal to deal with, or they just were too easily distracted by other events in their life or other RP ideas which caught their fancy.

Try to shrug it off when it happens and focus forward on your next big adventure!

Cheers!

~ GojiBean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back