• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Different Kind of Zombie Apocalypse

Kyero

Three Thousand Club
Hey guys!

Kyero here!

I'm here today to ask if anyone would be interested in a a pre-apocalyptic zombie style RP. Yes. "Pre" apocalyptic. This means that the zombie apocalypse hasn't already happened. It's going to happen. So our characters will have to sit back and 'enjoy' the ride of their lives as the world around them that they know, love, and rely on is destroyed by a new virus which turns the brain to mush (metaphorically speaking) and causes people to become what we refer to as "zombies."

Now, unlike most zombie RP's this one has a way to save them!!

How?

The virus is a virus, and like any virus it functions and spreads by destroying the body's immune system by attacking white blood cells. The destruction of white blood cells is the reason the human body cannot fight back and is overwhelmed by the virus. The individual then becomes a zombie as their anatomy changes to suit the kind of environment the virus needs to survive and thrive.

To return a zombie to their former selves, one must first find a way to capture and restrain the individual they want to return to normal. Once restrained, they need to be handled with care. The first step is to administer what has been dubbed Anti-Viral X, a new vaccine which has been successfully proven to prevent the reproductive capability of the virus effectively stopping it from spreading throughout the patient's body.

Once administered, 1 hour must pass before giving the patient a Compound Concoction of a combination of ligustrum, schisandra, licorice, and Siberian ginseng. This concoction contains vital supplements to bolster the body's white blood cell count which raises its ability to overwhelm and destroy the now crippled virus.

And finally, the patient must be given a blood transfusion (compatible blood a must) to replace enough of the contaminated blood in their system to effectively allow the body to reboot itself once the virus has been completely destroyed.

Over the course of 2-5 days, depending on the health of the body (meaning how many or few injuries it possessed in zombie form) the individual's skin will clear, their color will return, their brain will regain proper functionality, and they will awaken as themselves once again now completely immune to further infection.

(This will not work if the body is too badly damaged, such as missing entire limbs or part of the head.)

Food for thought!

Other things this RP will bring to the table:

* Romance is encouraged be it development during the RP or being in effect before it starts

* Drama is a must.

- In the face of the apocalypse, the human psyche will grow fragile and highly volatile. Once the dying starts, any calm and collected willpower and mental stability will fly out the window and everyone will be expected to play their characters as traumatized and highly unstable until things begin to settle down and their new reality becomes clear. (But that will take time, and a lot of it so don't hold your breath)

* Combat is a must

- Fighting for your life will force all of our characters to become fighters and survivors. Whether they are pacifist or otherwise before the dying starts, after the dying starts and all Hell breaks loose, that passive nature will be destroyed and they'll have to learn to become fighters who do whatever they must to live

So if this interests you, please let me know! I have not made the RP yet, as I am waiting to see if the interest is high enough to warrant my creating it.

(Warning: This RP will contain high levels of gore and violence due to the nature of zombified people and the necessities of human survival in the face of the apocalypse.)

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like this idea. Mostly because of the emphasis on characters. I'm definitely interested.

................................ Well damn!

Okay then. That's definitely the kind of interest that warrants the RP's construction.

If you guys have any ideas, shoot them my way and we can discuss them at length. I can't make promises about adding ideas to the RP since I have a general idea where I want it to start and how to proceed, but at the same time I always try to be flexible with it and make sure everyone has something there that they can call their own and feel more at home in the RP.

@Rinnnn, @Aura, @aja mani, @Aquiver, @JW Suzusihi, @Hell0NHighWater

Give me until Saturday to put the RP together. Until then feel free to shoot any ideas or requests about the RP via private message and I'll discuss them all with you when I have the time. I have work tomorrow evening, but have most of the day to myself before that so I should respond fairly quickly.

Cheers!

Can I have a character that's in the recovering stage? Like she just had to wait for the virus to nullify,and if not its cool I can think of something else

[QUOTE="aja maji]Can I have a character that's in the recovering stage? Like she just had to wait for the virus to nullify,and if not its cool I can think of something else

[/QUOTE]
As long as you don't mind waiting until the means to restore your character from their zombified state have become part of the story, then yes you may go that route. But be aware that the means to restore your character will not exist until at least 1 or 2 years have passed since the virus's appearance and takeover. As long as this doesn't bother you, then yes we can eventually have your character be bitten and need to be restored by the rest of the group.

or killed hopefully i kill off all my characters xD

Her guys!!

I have the RP up and running, but there are two pages which have yet to be added by the moderators/admins so please have patience while I wait for them to be added. I will fill them with information needed to understand the RP once they're up.

Cheers!

@Stamper @Chibii

Hey guys!

The RP is up and running and ready for character submissions when you have the time!

Here's the link: Broken World

If you have any questions then please ask sooner rather than later. I love questions, so don't be shy about asking about anything and everything that's on your mind!

Cheers!

Mine said:
Is there still room, please? The plot sounds extremely promising...
Indeed it is still open. It is one of those RP's which is always open (except when and if it comes to a conclusion, of course).

Kyero said:
Indeed it is still open. It is one of those RP's which is always open (except when and if it comes to a conclusion, of course).
Thank you!

If you're still looking for people to join, I'm down. I'm a sucker for a well thought out zombie apocalypse, especially when there's a twist to the usual run, kill, and hide of apocalypse.

GoldenHeartedGhoul said:
If you're still looking for people to join, I'm down. I'm a sucker for a well thought out zombie apocalypse, especially when there's a twist to the usual run, kill, and hide of apocalypse.
You're welcome to submit a character whenever you're ready. Please be sure to read all of the rules and adhere to all character sheet requirements and let me know when your character is finished so I may examine it and approve when it's done.

Kyero said:
You're welcome to submit a character whenever you're ready. Please be sure to read all of the rules and adhere to all character sheet requirements and let me know when your character is finished so I may examine it and approve when it's done.
I hear ya. I'll mosy on over, find the prior mentioned sheet, and submit it to you once completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back