• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Different Everything (Closed) (For Babyblues)

Eden chuckled and shook her head at Sans. She rubbed Frisk's back. "Sans has been nice to us and he hasn't said a mean thing about either of us. He's a friend, right?" Frisk frowned at that, staring harder at the paper. Eden leaned in and mock whispered in her sister's ear, "I bet if you ask real nice, he'll help us with the hard one there."

Almost immediately, Frisk brightened up and went over to Sans, holding out the paper. "I'll be nice if you give us the answer!" She smiled innocently. Eden looked pretty happy but sighed. "Not exactly what I meant but it'll do I guess." She said quietly.

Not quite the reaction he was going for but he'd take it. "well how could I say no to request like that, squirt?" he asked, ruffling her hair before taking the puzzle from her outstretched hands. He frowned at it for a moment, his eyes flitting through all the possible solutions before landing upon what could quite possible be either the most ingenious or lazy crossword answer possible. truly, whoever created this work of a art was a monster after his own heart.

He acted stumped for a moment making a show of scratching his skull in confusion before kneeling down next to Frisk. "I'm a bit stuck kiddo. Think ya can give me a hand?"

Frisk huffed out and sighed but nodded. "I just won't be as nice to you later then!" She declared and looked over the paper with her big brown eyes, hoping to see the answer.

Eden sat on the stump, smiling at them both. It was rare to see Frisk like this. Talking with people, er, monsters, that wasn't herself. It made her happy. It reminded her of the old Frisk. The one she'd have to follow around the grocery store and keep an eye on while their mother shopped. Frisk would just wander stores just to say hi to people. She'd talk the ear off anyone who would listen. Then their parents started fighting and, it just all changed sadly.

Sans made a suitable sound of disappointment at her declaration before glancing up to the other sister, offering her a cheeky wink then returning his attention back to the problem in front of him. She seemed strangely wistfull as she watched them, her smile tainted by a tiny dash of sadness so small he almost missed it. There was a story there, he could tell.

"How about if I spot it first?" he asked after pretending to ponder over it further, pointing out answers that were glaringly wrong every once in a while, "Think you could throw me a bone then?"

Eden smiled softly at the wink. Her smile only grew as Frisk crossed her arms and pretended to give a hard, thinking look. Finally, Frisk nodded her head.

"Fine. I'll throw your bone if you spot it first!" She said, purposefully mixing his words with a smile that almost turned into a smirk.

San's expression went from politely perplexed to downright impish in no time flat as he caught on to her phrasing. "I'd like to see you try, scruffles," he replied, reveling in the expression the nickname rewarded him with. She really didn't like him, did she? He'd find it hilarious if he could only figure out why. Getting bored of the farce, he plucked the pen out of her hand, highlighting the whole upper line before turning it around for her to see.

"Well would you look at that. I solved it." He smirked down at her, "better get practicing with that arm, kiddo."

Her brown eyes went wide and she snatched the paper. "You knew the whole time cheater!" Frisk said quickly, pointing at Sans accusingly.

Eden stood up and pulled Frisk to lean against her legs. "Frisk, stop. You weren't very polite in asking for help either. We finished the puzzle most by ourselves didn't we? Why don't you go show Papyrus?" Ed suggested. Frisk frowned at Sans but then ran off, calling out Papyrus' name.

Eden shook her head. "Sorry about her..."

Sans shrugged. "eh, my bro was just like that when he was a baby bones." He turned to her, his expression cheeky, "And she was right, I did cheat."

"Baby bones...I'm trying to imagine him being small but instead I'm just seeing a really tall baby Papyrus in my imagination." She giggled at the image.

"How do you even cheat at that sort of thing?" She asked and started walking to where her sister ran off to.

"Nah, that's just Pap as an adult," he chuckled, "You'd be surprised by how cute he was when he was little. Could charm his way out of any kind of trouble. Often did too."

He followed along with her, matching her pace with his own. "Easy," he drawled, "I wrote it."

"Okay, you got me there." She smiled. "Paps being small though..." Eden shook her head. "I remember when Frisk was smaller. Her voice was really cute. I bet Papyrus' was to. They're always cute when they're little." Eden looked down at the snow, remembering some of her more fond memories.

"yep. they sure are," he agreed, wistfully remembering the days when his little brother had slightly more volume control. You'd think that children would get quieter as they grew older but oh no, not Papyrus. he seemed to revel in his newly increased lung capacity. If he didn't make your head ring at the first bellow, he just decided that he wasn't shouting loud enough. Such an adorable goof.

"You okay there, Eddie?" he asked, noting the far away look, "you look a bit down in the dumps."

She shook her head softly. "Just thinking about when it all changed. When she got a little bigger and started realizing not everything is as magical as she first thought." Eden rubbed her arms softly, shivering as the cold sunk to her bones. She looked back at Sans again. "Hey, um, is there a town near by? We can't stay out here all night."

He sobered slightly at her words. A kid Frisk's age should never be anything but that. A kid. She was too young to be seeing things any differently. Still, it made him somewhat curious. Down here, Frisk showed a different side, he gathered that much from the way her sister would look at her from time time. It made him wonder just what happened up there to make the kid so distrustful.

"Icy you don't like the cold," he commented, noting her shivering and shrugging off his jacket, holding out to here. "It's cool, take it. I'm a pretty chill guy when it comes to the weather round here anyway." He shoved his hands back into his pockets, thinking for a moment. It was pretty harsh for the humans to be out here for so long, them not being as resilient as he and his bro. Perhaps he could take pity on the pair and save them from his brother clutches, maybe molify him with a promise to complete the rest of his puzzles the next day.

"Sure," he answered, "I'll take you there myself once we rescue Pap from that demon sister of yours." He chuckled, "i know a shortcut."

Eden looked surprised when the blue hoodie was held out to her. She took it gratefully though and zipped it up.

"Holy crap its so warm in here!" She said quietly. "And smells like ketchup." She blinked over at Sans.

When Sans called Frisk her 'demon' sister, she stopped and her eyes went over to her sister just up a head. Thankfully, she didn't appear to hear it. Eden let out a small sigh and gave Sans a warning look.

"Don't call her that. I appreciate all the help." She shrugged with the hoodie on still. "But she doesn't respond well to that at all. So lets leave that stone turned and not say that word around her okay?"

After her parents started all this arguing and Frisk started acting different at school, rumors went around. It didn't help when Frisk stayed around that playground so much either. Kids started calling her demon, Frisk tried to beat them up. She nearly got expelled. That was a little over a month ago and with Frisk acting better down here, she didn't want any mention of that here.

"Every guy has his vices," he replied with a shrug, pulling a ketchup bottle from his dimensional pocket and supping it with a grin.

Now his interest was well and truly peaked. Eden's reaction to his off-hand though admittedly only half playful comment was surprising to say the least. So the kid had been called that before? and often, if he was reading her expression right. It actually made him feel a little bit bad. No wonder she'd reacted so badly to the nicknames. She was used to getting much worse.

"Fair enough," he said placatingly, "I won't let it be said that I bully little kids. That'd be like picking on Pap."

Eden sighed softly, tension leaving her shoulders almost instantly. "Thanks..."

After a few moments of silence as they walked, Eden looked at Sans, "There was rumors of monsters being down here, under the mountain." She said suddenly. "I have to admit, I never believed it."

"I wouldn't expect you to," he replied, relieved to see her let her guard down once more, "We have been locked away fro a handful of centuries, you know. Even some of monsters down here get a bit forgetful. Did you know that there's actually a whole generation who believe that anime is real?" he sniggered, remembering the day Alphys introduced them all to the hell that was Mew Mew Kissy Cutie.

"Really? The world would be more exciting if it was." She admitted. "Its just complicated up there rather than exciting 'and' complicated." Eden smiled, thinking of the mech animes she had watched as a kid, how infinite everything had seemed back then.

"Oh trust me," Sans replied, "We have our own brand of complicated down here." Like the Barrier for example. He could tell that the duo had been marginally lucky so far in regards to encounters but that luck was sure to run out as soon as they entered Undyne's territory. even he could admit that the monsters who lived in Snowdin were pretty much pushovers, with the occasional exception of course.

"YOU MUST TURN THE X'S INTO O'S, TINY HUMAN!" Sans chuckled, turning around to face the direction that familiar bellow had wafted from. He could see Papyrus clearly, stood at the sidelines scrutinizing Frisk's efforts as she scurried around his puzzle, the tall skeleton calling out every once in a while with a tip or a bark of encouragement. He shook his head. "Looks like the terrible duo are in fine form," he commented dryly.

Frisk had a big smile on her face, running around in her sister's red coat and going where Papyrus told her. She knew the answer to the puzzle but was having fun running around wrong on purpose so Papyrus would call out to her. She giggled and purposefully stepped on an X again, turning it into a triangle and making it so the puzzle would have to be reset.

"Yeah." Eden smiled softly at them. "I'm happy they're getting along so well." She rubbed the fur on the hood quietly as the younger siblings played. She frowned softly and sighed.

'I wish Frisk had a friend like this back home...' Eden found herself getting lost in her own thoughts while watching Frisk run around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back