• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Dash of Surprise

ShadowWildpelt

Always Open To Rps, Friends and Chats
"Come on, move it!" Across the sky of Ponyville was a sudden streak of rainbow colored light. The object left a small rainbow in its wake, puncuating the sky with a beautiful rainbow.

The few pegasus that were in the area heard the alert and moved, just as Rainbow Dash suddenly shot high into the sky, flashing so fast if one blinked they'd miss her. She was going faster than she ever thought she could, probably because of the vitamins she'd given into taking.

"WOHO!" The mare stuck a hoof out into the sky, shooting so high that it was almost dangerous. She so higher than she ever thought possible. She was almost suprised that she hadn't hit a sonic rainboom yet. Suddenly, everything blurred and her entire body shot heated up in sheer velocity.

Everything shot into overdrive as she became something of light. A giant blur filled her gaze just as she was torn into what seemed like the sun itself.

Suddenly, she was shot out, in perfect human form, from a cmpouter screen. She was thrown head over heels, nude, right onto the floor, where she squirmed. Her eyes burned and everything hurt.

Miles sat alone in the dark, the sun having long set and his focus too undivided to realize he'd yet to put a lamp on to ward away the encroaching shadows of the late night. Weekends made for the perfect time to simply hunker down and grind through games and television shows, and he felt extremely thankful for the foresight of utilizing two screens in his computer endeavors. On one screen his game flashed and strobed with action and movement. Other players flittered in and out of the frame that constituted the view of Miles' own character avatar. The second screen, off to his right, played an episode of My Little Pony. Personally, it hadn't been his idea to watch it. One of his friends --an avid consumer of the MLP franchise-- suggested it, and on a whim Miles chose tonight to grind through as many episodes as he could. To say he hadn't enjoyed it so far would be a lie, though of course he didn't enjoy it like the intended young audience did. He enjoyed it like those of his own demographic enjoyed Adventure Time.

The suddenness with which his night --and perhaps life-- was about to change did not quite register even as a naked woman went careening over his shoulder, missing him by next to no distance at all. So close had she been to impact, that her hair brushed across his face with nearly stinging velocity. Surprise took hold first, a solid thirty seconds of dumbfounded taring forward before he could force the nerves in his brain to communicate with his muscles and turn around. Shock --cousin of surprise-- set in at the sight of a squirming, nude woman on his floor with hair like a bolt of rainbow. The familiarity escaped him for a long moment, and when finally the connection was made, denial rooted itself like iron hooks in his skull.

"W...." the words formed but his mouth refused to speak. "Who are you...? How did you get here?" His brain answered both of those questions for him, uninhibited by the laws of science or anything for that matter --but like anyone else, he wrote it off as his imagination getting away. Surely there had to be some sort of logical, scientific explanation for it. Miles believed in science like he believed in medicine, like he believed in genetics more importantly. Logic, based in science, like all things can be bent and forced --much like genetics too, in his case-- but always explained and ratified.

((I normally write a decent paragraph, it's easier to respond faster))

The woman grabbed at the floor, gasping. Her back flexed up an down, trying to spread the wings that were no longer there. Her long rainbow hair was long as ever, yet her tail had vanished. She looked, at least at the moment, like a regular normal human. The first thing that new human realized was she wasn't in her home anymore.

"What the... What the buck?!" She looked down and gasped, "w-what happened to my hooves?! Where are my wings?!" She jumped up, on the verge of panic, "where am I?!"

"Hooves?" Miles asked dumbly, his brain screaming the truth at him, the message lost between the synapses of his nervous system as shock locked his brain down into a certain level of dumbstruck stupidity. "Wings?" Another question he recognized as dumb but answered anyway. "Wait... you're, no that can't be possible." The cold weight of logic weighted the boxing glove of denial in an uppercut to his frazzled brain. "You're just a character on a show! There's now way... you can be here, let alone human!" The man shot up out of his chair like someone lit a fire on his ass. Things like this just didn't happen, he kept telling himself that like a mantra to ward away these... hallucinations.

"You're not real, I must have lost my mind or had a stroke," he reiterated, more for his own benefit than for hers. Still the rainbow hair and bare skin kissed by the blue-white glow of his monitors cast a convincing image for a hallucination. Aren't crazy people not supposed to recognize that they're crazy? Yet here he stood, fighting to prove her fiction yet here she stayed --confused, writing, nude. When it started to set in that this woman in his room was not disappearing, his heart rate spiked --thundering against his rib cage like a wild animal.

"I... uh, let me get you some clothes!" Miles didn't know why his brain went right to that, but her nakedness was a problem he could solve --a problem he could rationalize: if naked, get clothes. Simple. He scuttled into his room and grabbed an old too-small tee shirt and a pair of gym shorts that just might fit her since he'd shrunk them in the wash all that time ago. Hurrying back into the living room, he handed the clothes --more like dumped-- to her and backed up against the wall again, as if trying to escape a nuclear reaction in vain.

Giving a loud gasp of fear, now Dash slowly began to get angry. She hissed a little bit and growled, "What is going on here?! Who are you?!" She got up onto her knees, walking on all fours. Everything felt weird, like her entire body had been changed. Wtihout the ability to fly, she kept flexing her back like she was supposed to be flying. How was she supposed to move? What is going on? She growled a little bit, hissing.

Hearing the man scuffling to get her clothes, she crawled gently over to the door and looked at it. She awkwardly raised her hand and gripped the door handle with her new strange apendages. What were thes little... things? Her new fingers were weird, unable to be used.

When he returned with the clothes, he hesitated. How exactly did he explain what he didn't know? She appeared terribly out of place, her limbs awkward and unfamiliar. Miles initially felt sorry for her, but checked the thought and filed it back. Rainbow Dash didn't accept pity, at least not from people she hardly knew about things like this.

"I don't know what's going on! You flew out of my screen!" he explained with far more enthusiasm than he meant to, lowering his voice after a cough, he decided to introduce himself. "My name is Miles Reese, and I have no Idea what happened. I do know this is not your world. Here ponies are not the dominant... species. You're human --like me." Miles scrambled in search of the right words. "This is the city of Brockport, in the country of the United States. The world is called Earth... but I can't really get any more relevantly specific." Miles trailed off, looking away from the angry and very naked Rainbow Dash. Wow... in all the panic he never really...

He shook his head clear of the thoughts that clouded it.

"Please put these on. We were clothes and you are... indecent right now. Naked?"

Giving a small gasp, Rainbow looked down and she made a connection to where he was looking. She'd seen stallions ogle her back during places like meetings and at the Gala, but that was normally when she had a nice dress on. With the fact he was staring at her now, naked, she started ot make a connection very fast and her frown grew. She looked around and grabbed a sheet from his floor, hiding behind it and growling, "Gimme the clothes then you... whatever you are!"

He noticed she was gripping things with her palms, rather than using her fingers. She also was still on all fours and wasn't getting up. Her rainbow hair was wild and draping down her shoulders, while her entire body seemed to lock up as she tried to move muscles she no longer had.

After slipping nito a bra and panties, she stood up and fell dwon, trying to imitate him. She hit her head on the desk and her eyes rolled, "Gah... buck!"

"You should really use your fingers," he said, trying to interject helpful advice. Miles brought up his hand and illustrated what he meant by 'fingers', wiggling the digits and pointing to them with the other hand. Given what he knew of her personality already, she'd likely continue to be snappish with him so long as her frustration persisted, so he tried not to take it to heart. Though the period by which she remained frustrated lengthened indefinitely with every piece of advice she decided to avoid or ignore.

Mile cringed when she bashed her head off the desk and... cursed? He supposed that counted as a form of cursing, at least where she came from.

"You ok?" he asked hesitantly, his body moving before his mind could keep him from doing so. Coming around to her side, he crouched down in search of any bleeding head wounds. While Miles might not look like it without a uniform, he was a trained EMT through the volunteer program at his university. It felt like good resume buffer and it did wonders for his confidence and skill in mending wounds. Something about always being prepared just appealed to him in a way he could never quite shake off.

Dash groaned heavily once more, still finding this new body hard to get used to. Her eyes were a little off, possibly due to the fact she'd broken the sound barrier only to cross dimensions and end up in another world. She coughed once and pushed his arm away, still not using her fingers, "I said I'm fine, just let me get up first!"

While Dash could stand on two legs when she needed to, as a pony it was awkward and hurt her spine. Now, it felt odd to be hunched over, the irony killing her. Putting both hands on the floor, she got herself to her knees before leaning up, looking him dead in the eyes and now able to see at least to his chest. It helped the awkward situation that was already forming.

She scooted her way to the computer and saw that the monitor had gone blank. She rubbed her hand against it, reminding her of the crystals that Cadance would show her from time to time. Otherwise, she hadn't seen a computer this far complex. She turned, "Where... where the buck... no, first off, what the buck is going on here?!"

Miles followed her to the computer as she awkwardly made her way towards it. Getting used to a new physical form could not have been something very easy --like being born again with all new appendages with a full and real knowledge of all that you had just been moments ago. Her frustration, while understandable, made it difficult to diffuse the situation. The man didn't know much better than her what happened, only that he did and his confusion matched her own question for question.

"I already told you," he reiterated calmly. "I have no idea what happened! You just suddenly flew out of the screen stark naked at me." Miles shrugged and offered a helpless shrugging gesture. Clearly she didn't believe him, or at the very least she expected him to have some kind of precedent for sudden materialization; he didn't of course, and that made answering her questions impossible. A vicious cycle, he could only fuel her frustration by not having the answers to her questions.

"Thanks, that helps so much!" Her squeaky voice hit another octave, which caused her to cough hard. She doubled over and kept coughing, having yelled too hard. She looked around, finally get a hold of her breathing. After she sighed and did what she needed, she grabbed the bedsheets she'd dropped and wrapped it around hee shoulders to hide her near nudity. She's already picked up This place... didn't take kindly to it.

Scooting across the floor on her knees, wobbling every so often, she made her way to his bed and saw a small closed window. She hoisted herself onto the bed, then fumbled awkwardly with the latch. After using her teeth, she popped it open and pushed up, hard. The light from the outside shone in as she looked into the new world.

"The clouds... the clouds are moving without peagsi!"

((Must have missed that, my bad))

While the once-pony examined the clouds outside the window, Miles gathered up the clothes she kicked away and brought them back over to her. How did he explain science to someone from a place where magic controlled the world? What did thermodynamics mean to her? Or the water cycle? Tides? Plate tectonics? Subduction? The Coriolis effect? The man sighed, rubbing his eyes, suddenly feeling very wary. Not only did this present a problem for the now, but for the foreseeable future as well.

"There is no magic here," he said, figuring that to be a good way to preface the whole thing. "Science rules the world --physics, a set of rules by which the universe abides. The clouds move as part of the water cycle and pressure systems. The sun and moon rise and fall because our planet rotates on its own, and technology does most of the work that magic does where you're from." It felt like a half-assed explanation, but one did not simply give an adult-onset humanized pony a crash course in all the worldly knowledge accumulated from kindergarten to college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back