• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mortal Gods

Rook

Watcher of the Abyss
See the overview for the story. Keep clear until the roleplay begins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Atreus stepped around a cart filled with an assortment of fruits, vegetables, and other foods. Why was the capitol crowded? Did all these people need to live here at once? Everything seemed so busy compared to his small town down south. And the palace seemed entirely unnecessary to him- why did one person need so much living space? Sighing, Atreus continued up the road to the temple of the divines, hoping to either find those like him, or to seek guidance from Ruthen. Many citizens seemed to shrink away from the man- must have been the armor made from troll bones and skins- but he ignored them, choosing to focus on the task at hand. His hammer Wuthraad was bound to his back, held in place by a magical sheath that would allow him to draw it very quickly.

The temple stood tall before him. Each corner was topped with a spire, surrounding a domed main building, with small wings extending to the west, east, and south. The mighty gates were open to the public, allowing access to the circular room. Atreus stepped inside, pulling off his troll-skin hood and walking straight to the shrine of Ruthen, taking a knee. Stain-glass windows were placed around the circular walls, each depicting the holy image of a divine being. Shrines stood in front of these windows, as well as offering boxes, incense altars, and symbols of the divine's power.

@ChristinaXIV @Robertaka123 @Branden2396 @Queen of Fantasy @Vise Versa @Monokuma @DramonFire

(Alright. Our characters will meet up in the temple, or a nearby tavern. Post whenever you can. There will be no posting order, but don't go crazy and add a ton of pages of replies with only two people. Message me if you think i should add in a story element, or a plot twist.)

A sharp screech could be heard as Fiera flew through the temple, encrikled the shrine of Rorik and landed on it, looking at her master who was almost at the top. His fur coat waved in the weak breeze as he arrived at the top, his large Flaming Edge sword strapped to his back with metal hooks. He smiled as he saw Fiera beat him to finding the shrine, he held out his arm and the loyal hawk landed on his iron gauntlet. Aphiel petted the hawk, she flew on his shoulder as he continued over to the shrine, he kneeled down and prayed "Rorik, may your devine passion embrace the people of this humble city, may they pray every day for having recieved your blessing of fire, which you bestowed on us to light our darkest hours."

It'd been a long journey for her, her bones ached, muscles felt as though they weren't there, and she was certain she had developed a few blisters along the bottoms of her feet. She stared up at the massive walls parallel to her, making her feel as though she was an insect in the presence of a giant. Nerve-wracking, but rejuvenating. For some reason, as she stared upward, she couldn't help but feel a remorse for Lam, the dog she had left behind, a lump began to form again, she'd have to stop thinking for awhile. Home was only too powerful of an illusion, if she returned, she would have never truly begun.

The midday sun hung high, she had begun to sweat a tad, as any lady might on such an exhausting day, and it had been weeks upon end without rest. A constant walking that the nature around her would forget her, and leave her be. It did not, however, for this she was favored, the great abundance of food presented itself, perhaps Mikhail was looking out for her, even if she felt completely alone, standing before the imposing structure. It cast its shadow upon her, and it had for several yards, the walls had provided her shade, comfort, and as soon as she stopped walking, she feared she may never again. Her legs had begun to enjoy the stabilized absence of movement. She beat them onward anyway as her golden hair flowed softly behind her, the waist-cape flapping in peaceful rhythm.

She had been let in by several guards, all heavily armored, one was rather generous to her however and offered to give her directions, she declined. What took her first was the masses of people and noise, the chaos in the streets, each individual had their story and seemed very keen on seeing it into the next chapter, it was exciting. The smells came next, manure, something she was used to, then came the beautiful aromas of food, traveling swiftly like a silent killer to her nostrils where it dare stroke her chin and lure her. She resisted. No, there was no time to eat, Mikhail had summoned the powers in her for a reason, and she still had little control over them or grasp over what was to occur. It was a dream around a month ago, she could not remember things clearly now, only that she had power and that she was to come to Chorus.

The city however was massive, a collection of vendors, homes, real-estate, work-places, shops, all of it, breathtaking. This was the greatest exposure to diversity she had ever had in her entire life. Christina was baffled, taking her time to stretch throughout the long walk-ways, or watch an inn fight go terribly wrong, she even smiled at the sheer opportunity to witness someone swallow fire. Coming form the tribal-like society of people who followed the ways of tradition, left her fresh to the idea of prosperity and freedom. She was being swallowed up.

As she began to slip out of this dream-like trance she had been caught in, everything flooded back into her brain. Mikhail. Fallen King. Fight. Chorus. She had to find the others, there were other 'champions' like her, people who may better help her understand the weird things that had taken place as of recent. She also began to realize that she was a stand-out figure, most normal people wore cotton clothing, or some fancy silk, she however, came in full-clad armor and with swords strapped to her back, people might think her a mercenary. Much like the brutish looking men in leather and steel armor to her left, who appeared to be trying to make eye contact with her, either to deal business or fight, she wanted neither.

She hurried off, finding herself lost very quickly, she turned to stare up a long stairway to a temple. Perhaps more divine people could make sense of the dream she had and tell her were to go. She stepped forward with her steel boots, the chinking of metal on marble as she cautiously made her way up, the two swords strapped to her back wavered only slightly, gently tapping her back as a softened reminder of their presence. The waist-cape once more flew behind her, carrying her up the steps gracefully, her breastplate shimmered, the sun was beginning to go into its western perch for the evening, maybe, just maybe, there would be a kind enough priest to allow her a night at his house. A grand spectacle that would be, an armored figure such as herself making her way into a complete strangers home, she knew no bounds to her rudeness. No, if anything, she'd sleep at a local tavern. Perhaps grabbing a mug wouldn't hurt as well, she was beginning to feel a tad parched, the sun had metaphorically soaked her dry. She felt like a wilting flower, and with each step she took, she lost another petal.

Essence wandered carelessly through the crowd of people. Her cold gaze was fixated on the main road of the Capitol. Her shoulders bumped into people with every step. Usually her face was riddled with despair, but today it was expressionless, as if she didn't have any feelings anymore. She didn't know where she was going or what she was doing, It was like her body was a lost shell that no longer had a soul within. For the first time today she rose her eyes. She had stopped just in time, in front of what looked to be some sort of temple. What Essence didn't know was that that was the building that would change her life forever.

Essence held her hands near her chest, as if to protect herself from something. She reached her right hand out to push the doors open. They were heavy for the small girl, causing her to struggle a bit. Once she was inside her Icy-blue orbs widened with curiosity. She was correct, it was a temple for divines. Her dark dress flowed elegantly behind her has she moved through the room. Essence stopped in her tracks, there were others in this room. Her posture quickly shrunk back, giving her a very reserved presence. Her eyes quickly faded from curiosity to worry.

Ylsef had arrived in the capital the day before, and decided that spending his free day in the library at the temple was in order since he did not have much to study from recently. Today however, he was actually already within the temple since he had fallen asleep the night before while he was engulfed in his reading. Waking up to the sounds of people nearby he stretched and replaced his books to their respective shelves. Upon entering the main room of the temple he bowed slightly to the statue of Oranule before continuing on. Ahead of him he saw a few peculiar people had arrived at the temple. What intrigued him the most however, was the woman coming up the steps to the temple. She was clad in armor, and was not wearing the typical guard uniform. This would not have been peculiar if he was not in the middle of the capital city of Chorus, and inside a temple to the Gods. Since no one seemed to notice how out of place this was he took it upon himself to investigate. "Hello miss, can I help you?" Ylsef called down to her.

She froze, mid step, slowly lowering her toes to the upcoming flight. Her eyes looked up, tired and weak, her hair flowed behind her gently in the wind, but with a strong voice, she called back, "I am looking for a place to remain for the night!" Her tone wavered a tad as she continued her ascent on the marble stairs. Her hand rested on her hip, the other swaying gently by her side. "Wouldn't suppose you're a resident of this place, are you?" She hollered up to him, growing less distant by every second that had passed.

Atreus managed to tune out the voices coming from behind him, head bowed fervently in prayer. He could feel Wuthraad resonating with the shrine, their connection to Ruthen evident. "I come to you, Patron of Perseverance, in my time of need," he prayed quietly, barely making a sound. "You have not steered me wrong all my life. I have done what you asked and have arrived at the temple- what am I to do? How will I find the others?" He waited- normally when he prayed, he could feel Ruthen's presence, and simply knew what he wanted. But none came, not even a whisper of an answer.

Frustrated, Atreus stood, his armor slightly clanking as the separate pieces met. His helmet sat on the floor to his right, but he chose to leave it where it was, scratching the back of his head. What was the point of being a champion if Ruthen didnt answer him? Suddenly, there was a loud screeching, followed by a hawk landing on Rorik's shrine to his right. It was followed by a man, who had also come to pray. Atreus picked up his helmet, strapping it to his waist and turning to the man. "She's a beauty, that bird."

@DramonFire

The man who spoke looked younger than Aphiel, he had pitch-black armor on, which seemed to provide a lot of protection. Aphiel smiled and stood up, Fiera looked in the strangers eyes, tilting her head slightly "Thank you" the bird picked up air again as she flew around the temple, above all the champions. Aphiel took off his hood, resting it on the back of his coat "I take it that you're here to pray as well?"

@Rook

"Yes... well, that was my intent, at least," Atreus replied, straightening his hammer. "What brings you to the capitol? You are clearly not a native to this city." Was this man one of them? One of the champions? He inwardly sighed, as realization dawned on him. This was where he would find the rest of his soon-to-be companions. That's why Ruthen had ignored him- there was no more instruction to give. Once he found the Champion of Mikhail, they could start the journey. "I'm Atreus, by the way. Atreus Alak'ir, one of the priests of Ruthen." He held out his hand in a friendly gesture.

"Just travelling around, I heard about a well-known shrine of Rorik so I decided to come here and pray" Aphiel said, as Atreus held out his hand Aphiel shook it with a smile "I'm Aphiel Truth-Seeker" the hawk landed on his shoulder again "And this is my companion, Fiera" the bird screeched as a form to say hello. "I'm a priest of Rorik, the Passionate"

Essence took a few steps back. Two of the people in the room seemed to have started a conversation. This would be the best time to leave without being noticed. Her dark hair covered her eyes as she stepped back into the shadows. Her head was tilted down and her arms were placed over her chest. She nervously twiddled her finger as she headed for the stairs. To her disappointment there were people there as well, one on the stairs and one up where she was standing. She immediately started to regret walking in here. She wanted to pray to her goddess, but she felt cornered. Essence closed her eyes in frustration, if only she wasn't so afraid. She had always wished that she could be around others without being the shy awkward girl she was.

(Sorry, I haven't been getting notifications.)

A girl with a hood over her head, walked into the tavern with a lantern of hers. She sat alone at a table, and stared blankly into space. Why? She was blind. She could not see anything, but darkness. Because of her sight, she can hear very well, and hears many drunk men in the tavern. She could tell many were fighting, and challenging each other. But she did not move. She stood as still as can be, and didn't order anything.

"Ah... another man of faith. Glad to see I'm not the only one these days, what with the war and all," Atreus said, looking around at the other people that had entered the temple. Rather than priests and temple acolytes, there were warriors, each person very different from the next. But they all seemed... lost. "Have you heard? People are saying that the new champions of the gods have been chosen."

Aphiel raised his eyebrow, he wasn't afraid to come out for his championship, he had his pride and wouldn't lie against this fellow priest "Then I am one of them, I'm the champion of Rorik, together with my hawk, we've been chosen to represent him in the mortal plane." Fiera then flew out of the temple, looking out for any possible threats coming their way, she knew that even though her master was a champion of a God an ambush could result in him being killed.

Atreus raised an eyebrow. "Then we are friends; Ruthen's blessing is upon me. Have you found any others? The war is not dating well without us." He laughed inwardly, accepting surrendur. His frustration was misplaced- Ruthen had led him to another champion, and he could only seem to get mad at his patron. With a sign, he looked at the shrine again, and felt a smug presence, as if Ruthen was rubbing it in.

"Well, I am a holy man so I find my residency to be at any temple. However I am not from around here. If it is a room you need I would be happy to arrange for you to stay here." Ylsef called down to her. As he spoke he overheard two men talking about being Champions, they must have been the other's like him that Oranule had instructed him to find. Upon being exposed to this new knowledge something clicked within him and part of the knowledge Oranule left him had become unlocked. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the two men conversing and something seemed different about them all of a sudden, as if an aura was radiating from them. After glancing over to them and not being able to figure out what it was he looked back to the woman he had been speaking to and she as well seemed to give off an aura of holiness. Not like the other holymen and women he had come across in his travels but something special, and holy on it's own new level. Glancing down momentarily he saw that he too had the aura radiating from him. Was it a sign of Championship? Ylsef thought to himself, pondering these thoughts before his mind returning back to reality.

"You're the first other champion I've met, and yes, this war is taking it's toll, I heard the last town me and Fiera came across had been burned down..." Aphiel sighed. Fiera then came screeching back in calmy, signifying there was no immedeate threat to them in the nearby area. "I wanted to ask you, Atreus, are you one of the locals here? If so, maybe you could show me the way to a tavern, or an inn, or at least a pace I could stay for the night" Aphiel was glad he found a fellow champion, this could mean Rorik has planned something for him, at least he knew he was going in the right direction; that he was sure of.

Estelle took off her hood, her glowing yellow eyes and tattoo on her forehead, the main light in her room. She stood up and walked towards two men fighting each other, but both stopped when she stopped in front of them without a flinch.

"Excuse me sirs." She starts. The biggest man folds his arms and looks down at her.

"Whada Ya want?"

"Oh, I only want to point out that your fighting is ridiculous. You have no reason to do so."

The man looked insulted, and chuckled.

"Listen here, sweet heart. I make money this way."

No quicker than he finished, Estelle replied with great speed.

"So that gives you a reason to beat a poor man, who may not have a home, money, or a job? Your reason is invalid. Your reasons are for money, and money is merely a pawn in this world. It blocks true meaning of life to men just like you." She said raising her chin.

The man cracked his knuckles and pointed his index finger at the horned girl.

"You need to keep to your own bussiness."

"Or what? I'm obviously stronger and wiser than you. Plus you wouldn't hit a blind and disabled girl, hmm? That would give you a bad reputation, and you probably won't make money anymore. Now let e man be please, and I'll be on my merry way."

The three sat silent. The stronger man breathed heavily with anger, unlike the scrawny boy in his left hand, who was shaking from fear of him. Estelle didn't smile, nor did she frown. It was merely a face of patence and waiting for his response.

She slowly strode her body up the never-ending steps, the evening sun glinting off her armor as the gently chink indicated each rise of the opposing leg. Her hair fell in straight and angelic locks, two strands had even been tied around the sides of her head, and combine around the back, forming a small pony tail, tied by loose strands of leather and bore a feather as an adornment. Luckily, the amount of time after her haircut was broad, it'd been a near two years, and her now diamond-blonde hair had grown, long and beautiful, she loved it, the way the soft strands battered against her shoulders and paraded down to the mid part of her back. It made her feel strong again, like her hair was her own identity, then there were the ice-blue eyes, eyes so cold yet so alive, looking as though she'd been born among frost.

She grew ever nearer to the man atop the stairs, his gaze had shifted, she would try to get it back, "My thanks to you sir, if it wouldn't be too much trouble..." She began to feel it as well, a sort of connectivity, nearing the top of the steps, she froze, the breeze filling the silence between the two, carrying instead the noise procured by the men in the temple. Her eyes slowly traced their way to the sound, then returned to the man, she saw it, the small radiation of light from him, then there were the other two, 'Champions'. Need it be that easy? She only had to exhaust herself and walk, something she believed so impossible, might just slide into her fatigue, practically planting itself in front of her. She had arrived, Christina had found new strength, "You too? You had the calling?" Her voice had of course directed towards the man whom she had been speaking with earlier.

"Sadly, I'm not. I think I saw a tavern on the way here, across the street. Quite honestly, I could use a drink," Atreus answered, rubbing his temple. He looked around him, noticing two other visitors on the stairs. One of them seemed to be eyeing them, while the other simply spoke. Were they champions as well? He knew that most visitors made there way to a tavern at some point or another, which made it a good place to meet. "Care to join me?" Atreus asked, turning to Aphiel.

Zulu was odd sight to behold as she took a hesitant step into the tarven. Her headdress was a rather frightening sight at first glance and the war paint did not make it any better. She had caused quite a stir in her travelings a here, the gasp of men and women as she passed by or the children who simply stood wide eyed in fear. She found much amusement in this,and essences of pride. After all she had met her goal in portraying the image of a crazy,wild being.It was only on her travels that she would "dress up". Zulu was considered an easy target,and she hardly has time to waste it on bandits. She looked around the tarven most of the men averting there eyes. If one would actually examine her they would find no threat in her. Behind the wild clothes and paint she really just looked like a dreamy eyes young woman,some could even say girl. there was nothing more than Zulu wanted them to just be a young woman who had all the time in the world to dream. But fate was cruel and destiny showed no mercy. Zulu,with her usual flare worked on becoming the center of attention as she drank and mingled,and flirted.

Estelle took the scrawny boy's hand and smiled.

"He shall not hurt you anymore, I can assure you."

She said, staring a bit above his head, thinking he was taller than he actually was. The giant man grabbed Estelle's wrist and pulled her close to his face.

"Now you listen here lady! That boy he--"

His words were cut off by Estelle's eye's and marking on her forehead glowing brightly. The larger man turned towards someone who walked in, then let go.

"Take him."

Estelle smiled, and walked to a table with the scrawny boy, and sat down, paying no attention or fear towards the girl who walked in.

"Now. . . Why was he attacking you, boy?" She asked tilting her head.

"I don't have any money, and I had at least three pints." The freckled boy said in his accent.

Estelle smirked.

"It's alright, I'll pay for it. I'm Estelle, glad to meet you." She said shaking his hand.

(I'm making his character, because I just can't resist how cute he'll be! >u<)

Ylsef was taken aback when she brought up the calling. "Yes, Our lord of intelligence and war has entrusted me to be his champion. I am Ylsef, champion of Oranule. And you are?" He offered her his hand, glad to find a fellow champion. Standing up straighter, fixing his posture he awaited her reply. Now that there were people of the utmost importance around he felt it was proper to not slouch as per usual for him.

Grankul walked towards the central tent, where all of the planning and higher level missions were discussed. Vladimir was supposed to join him there momentarily, being his right hand man and second in command these meeting were held more often than necessary but it made sure everything was kept in check between them. The tent they were in was rather large, larger than many small houses from the cities they had recently conquered. Inside there was many chairs and a central table with a map laid out and small military pieces on it. The thought of this whole thing being nothing more than a game amused him as he sat down, setting his helmet down on the table while he awaited the arrival of Vladimir.

@Eighty Seven

Essence listened carefully to everyone's conversations. She was still hidden within the shadows, only her eyes pierced the dark. Suddenly her eyes widened, they are champions as well. She thought, a bit surprised with the whole situation. She had originally planned to slip away from this place. She didn't quite know where she would go but she knew it would be somewhere quiet and unpopulated. A shivering sigh escaped her mouth, she was trapped. She didn't know if she should leave or stay. Her eyes closed tight for a couple of moments. Being trapped in a corner was something that happened often, and she didn't like it one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back