• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A Class of Their Own | Interest Check [Fantasy School, D&D Settings, No Dice]

riodragon

I've had this idea for a long time, since reading Harry Potter, really, about doing a little twist on the 'magic school' formula, but applying it instead to a D&D setting. After all, how do adventurers learn to do what they make a living doing is a semi-safe environment? And in a D&D setting there are lots of diverse races and classes beyond human wizards, and there's some crazy stuff specifically in D&D that could make for some epic teenage high school adventures and exploits.

The basic gist is that long ago, a group of adventurers in Faerun (the Forgotten Realms setting) came to realize the growing need for heroes to rise and deal with the troubles of the world, but also how very ill-prepared starting adventurers tended to be when thrust out into the crazier parts of the world. So, after retiring their own adventuring exploits, they dedicated themselves to founding and establishing an Adventurer's Guild Academy (The AGA) to train up aspiring adventurers and pass their wizened knowledge to those who would yet experience the monsters and horrors they would have to face.

Initially, their students tended to be adventurers in their early twenties, but as time marched on and generations of instructors came and went, previous students of the academy got older, retired, and had children of their own who grew up wanting to follow in their parents' footsteps. So, the Academy, under new direction and instruction, generations removed from the original founders, decided to accept young wards in their teens to teach them the basics of managing life in the outside world and the perils of adventuring, while helping them find and hone their talents and teaching teamwork and camaraderie so they could better survive.

The RP would be focused on a class within the Academy, I would probably play the role of the older instructor character or characters I make while coming up with lessons, quests, and story events, like a soft DM. No dice would be involved, as the RP will be more focused on characters, drama, world-building, descriptions, and fight choreography in a paragraph RP format. I want to use the format of this RP also as maybe an introduction of concepts and lore for those unfamiliar with D&D settings as well, to maybe generate more interest in harder core D&D themed content in the future.

Interested? :D

Thanks for all of the interest! Keep it coming! I'll probably start setting everything up tonight after I get home from work! :D

Really excited to work on putting this together. I'm thinking of things while at work and the 5 1/2 hour wait to get home is gonna kill me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back