• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Charmed Life *PRIVATE*

Willow Pillow

Three Thousand Club
This is a PRIVATE RP taking the themes of Charmed, Buffy and Angel. It is about 3 sisters discovering they have powers in the city of Chicago. As they discover who they are they see the world around them is much more supernatural than it ever appeared to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ms. Whitman, I believe you are being unreasonable. This is a great deal. The only deal you're going to get like this. The buyer is asking for 3 times what your little....home is worth."

"I'm not selling. Your buyer can raise whatever he wants, I am not going to be swayed." Robin said. She began shutting the door but the man in the suit placed his foot in.

"You're the only one on the block that has refused to sell."

"I'm the only one in the block that had no loans, wasn't a tenant and fully owns their apartment complex. You are not welcome in my home."

"This is a dangerous neighborhood, Ms. Whitman. Anything could happen to you. To your sisters who sometimes visit. Wouldn't you want to take the money? Find a nice decent home. In a safe neighborhood."

"Leave. Now. Before I call the police."

The man chuckled taking a step back. "This will be the last offer Ms. Whitman. I would seriously consider it."

"It's considered. It's decided. The answer is still no."

Robin slammed the door and heard the man yelp as it was slammed on his foot. But it retreated and she was able to secure the lock. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. That visit was not planned. That was fifteen minutes she could not get back. Going to the kitchen she looked at her list. Bleach the floors. Start the laundry. Put the dishes out of the dishwasher back in the cabinets. All done. Maybe she could reschedule her time to organize her files. Move that to Sunday and she got her fifteen minutes back.

She crossed off the item on her to do list and changed it to Sunday.

No time to waste, time to leave for work. But maybe she'd wait five minutes to make sure that one of the people form Wolf and Stein was gone and wouldn't pressure her to buy the house.

The air around Morgan's dorm room felt hot enough to melt steel. What luck she had to get a room on the only floor with every fan broken. It hadn't been a problem in August, but the biggest heat wave of the year had just hit.

And the smell didn't help. Four teenagers being crammed into a room barely bigger than Robin's living room was bad. Being in there without any way to cool down made things so much worse. Natalie, Morgan's current favorite, was constantly trying to cool herself off by spraying herself with water or fanning herself.

Kaitlyn and Deanna just complained. And complained. And complained. Morgan almost wanted to quit school just so she didn't have to deal with them, but she didn't have a choice. Robin wanted to teach responsibility, so a two year living contract was signed, forcing Morgan to live on campus for four semesters.

On the bright side classes were cancelled thanks to a power outage in most of the main buildings. Dorms, fortunately, were not hit. Thanks to the free time and internet connection, Morgan had plenty of time to focus on her real passion: Information.

The college campus was a beacon of random tidbits, from someone "looking for love" to the locations of various dealers, to people already looking for someone to write a paper for them. It only took a few more clicks or taps to guess the actual identities of some of these people, thanks to the amazing thing that was human willingness to give away all of their private information.

It would take her some time, but Morgan felt like it wouldn't be too difficult to earn quite a bit of profit on trading some of that info. Of course she would have to remain mostly anonymous, unlike in high school where she was very public about her power. For some reason the thought of being an invisible troublemaker reminded Morgan of Kate. Which was weird, because it had been years since they last spoke.

Morgan pulled up her emergency contacts and saw Kate's name still there after all that time. For a second she smiled, but that moment left almost instantaneously. Kate was gone, probably dead in some alley. That was the Chicago way, of course. The weak got swallowed up, kicked out, or thrown away like trash.

Once her dwelling on thoughts was done, Morgan got up, put on some new, tolerably smelling clothes, and headed to the nearby Wendy's. Maybe she could replace the dark thoughts with food, that usually worked.

Spraying with water. Fanning. Spraying with water. Fanning. None of it was actually helping her. Pouring her water bottle over her head, Natalie rubbed the cold water from her dripping neck to whatever body part she could rub it on. Arms. Legs. Anything.

With a defeated sigh, she stood up and walked to her closet that she shared with one of her roommates, grabbed her shower caddy. "I'm going to do the smart thing, take a very long cold shower. I'll see you ladies when I get back."

Grabbing her dorm key and towel she turned and winked at Morgan. "Welcome to join me if you want," Half teasing...half serious. College was a new experience and rooming with four people you felt like you were trapped like sardine.

Out of the three roommates she was stuck with, Morgan was becoming her friend. You could trust her with things...just felt comfortable to talk to her.

Stepping out she strolled down the hall, the damp sticky air felt ice cold for just a second. Draping her towel on her, it covered the growing goosebumps. She didn't notice the visible breath that came out of her mouth. No. She was focused on getting in the girl's bathroom, taking a shower and just praying that this heat wave would end.

The bathroom was empty. That was a first. Natalie didn't mind. There were some weird girls here. Most of them thought they could sing. And they couldn't. ANd there was that one sporty chick who used the handicap bathroom shower. One of these days she was going to use it when some poor sap would need it.

She would enjoy the peace and quiet.

--

It had been about fifteen minutes since Natalie left the dorm room to take a shower. After minute sixteen there would be a blood curdling scream that left the entire floor in silence.

Morgan had just walked back to unlock her room door when the scream echoed across the hall. Immediately she turned her head to the showers, where it seemed to come from. Morgan pulled her pocketknife out and proceeded toward the showers, with nervousness making her shake all over.

She knew a knife probably wouldn't be great, but she'd been in more than one fight behind Robin's back, and had gotten good at keeping herself from being killed. To distract herself from thinking about how futile such a weapon was, Morgan thought of what could have caused that scream, and who screamed.

It was probably some stupid boy. It was still the first few weeks, and since all card keys worked on all doors a boy could easily have mistaken the girl's side for his own. It also could have been someone more malicious, but if it was she would have heard a second scream, or a call for help.

By the time she had finished thinking of what it could have been, Morgan was a mere foot from entering the room. "H-Hello?" She called into the room, making sure she could be heard over the sound of the running shower.

The shower was still running. Steam was filling the bathroom. As Morgan would step inside she would see blood trail from the running shower down the middle drain. With further inspection and pulling back the shower curtain would be Natalie stabbed in the chest with a vacant dead expression in her eyes, which were beginning to gloss over with the loss of life.

Morgan's eyes widened as she approached the girl, her shaking extreme. "N-Natalie..?" She asked, kneeling to her roommate's side. Who did this? Why? Immediately Morgan stood back up and held her knife in front of her, terrified of what could have been lurking in the shadows.

Water from the still active shower dripped on the floor from her hair and body, and her clothes were freezing. "Help!" She called into the darkness, wanting backup immediately. Whatever hurt Nat was still out there, and Morgan didn't believe she had any hope of beating them alone.

"Fucking police." Kate mutter under her voice as she stared out of the shadows from the alleyway. She hated police and especially the Chicago ones. They seemed to be out to get her a little more than the other states she's lived in. These weren't here for her this time but that didn't mean she was any happier to see them.

Someone had called the cops on her neighbor for drugs. Instead of one or two cop cars coming to the rescue there was one DEA van, four cop cars, one EMT and one fire truck. It was over kill. Sure her neighborhood wasn't the greatest but it wasn't really all that bad either. They just didn't feel they had anything else better to do or newbies thinking if they took part they could brown nose their way up the ranks.

Pulling out her camera she started to take pictures of everyone and everything. You never know what they'll do that she can capture that would allow hee some blackmail. That would be nice for the next time they try to arrest her for something bogus.

"Stupid bitch didn't you hear me calling yo name?" Kate closed her eyes as she recognized that drunken slur of a voice. Mark, her ex three guys ago who just was having a hard time accepting the word no and go the fuck away.

Turning around she watched the drunk stagger his way towards her. "No mark I didn't hear you call me since my name ain't stupid bitch. So go home and leave me the fuck alone."

Not wanting to deal with him anymore she started to turn away but before she could start walking he grabbed her arm and whirled her around. Having been through this a time or two before with him she knew what was coming. Sure enough he brought his bug meaty fist up and aimed it at her head. Being slightly faster than him she moved her face out of the line of fire. When he missed she brought her own fist up ans shoved it in to his stomach hard. While he was going down she brought her knee up and smiled when she heard the crunch of what used to be his nose.

While he was laying on the ground moaning and groaning she stepped over him. Before her foot went over completely she let it slam in to his stomach and smiled when he cried out in pain. He deserved it. The weasel.

Not wanting the cops to come over and see of they could arrest her for something else. So she ducked her head down, shoved her hands in to her shirt shorts and started walking fast away from the dude bloody and on the ground. A cops interference would be just the cherry on top of the lovely steaming pile of crap that has been her crappy week. She didn't need it. Robin would have a fit if she got another call from the local jail.

"Katherine Whitman, this is Dean Evermore from Chicago State University. You were listed as one of Morgan's emergency contacts. Morgan is fine, but she witnessed a horrible accident that involved one of her roommates. I am calling because I think it is in the best interest of Morgan that she is brought home. If you can please give me a call back at 312-426-5991 as soon as possible."

This message would be found on Kate's as she punched her abusive ex in the damn face.

--

Someone decided that being Walt from Breaking Bad was fun. Sure, build all the meth and all your dreams can come true. The series finale of that show should have been a big indicator of where your life was going to go from that.

All the works were called in. There was a sixteen year old kid ODing by the product, EMTs rushing in to save his life while the rest of the squad was tacking down the next wanna be drug lord.

Drawing his gun, he stepped in and it was all over. "Calm down rookie, shows over." One of the men laughed as miranda rights were being read. He forced a smile putting the glock back in its holder.

But there was a shadow of something, someone sprinting he caught in the corner of his eye from the kitchen window. "Not all of them."

"Ward, the call only detailed these...nope rabbit's gone sprinting."

"He's going to get himself shot one of these days."

Sprinting out of the house, he ran where he saw the shadow. He could hear a man yell BITCH and other words, a sound of an altercation. Skidding down one of the alleys he saw a man lying face first but the silouhette of a woman was not that far ahead.

"Stop! Police! DO NOT EVADE ARREST!" Nope, she was evading. He ran after her.

--

One hour after the death of Natalie

--

"What are the police doing to prevent this situation from happening again?"

"Ms. Whitman, we are-"

"No." Robin stood from her chair, the aggravation clear on her face. "Do not say you are doing all that you can. If you were more prepared with your security this situation could have been prevented. The weapon was a knife. KNIVES SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON YOUR CAMPUS. These are..." Robin rubbed the bridge of her nose and took a breath.

One. Two. Three. Four. She was sitting at the Dean's office with her baby sister and raging like a lunatic. NONE of this was on her to do list. None of it. She would have no sleep tonight to catch up on everything.

"I should not tell you how to run your school, Ms. Evermore. Can I please take my sister home."

"I think that might be for the best, but Morgan, there are things we need to discuss. If you are uncomfortable with your dorm situation..after what happened. Or if you need councelling-"

"I would just like to take my sister home now. Please."

As she was walking away quickly she felt her phone vibrate. Kate started to grab her phone out of her back pocket to check when she heard a one one yell at her to stop and not evade arrest. Seriously? Turning her head she looked over her shoulder to see a man with his gun drawn racing after her. Fuck!

Fight or flight. Since she had only her fists and knees against a drawn gun she decided flight to be the better option. So she started evade she would.

Kate ran, hard, her Chuck Taylor's high tops pounding on the pavement. She could not and would not be arrested for defending herself.

Turning down an alleyway she zigged and zagged amongst the homeless box shelters set up. Quickly she turned down another alley and slowed. Turning her head she thought maybe she lost him but then a moment later she hears him kick a hidden liquor bottle. "You've got to be kidding me!" She said in exasperation before turning and running again.

Not too much time later she turned ans slowed when she saw the concrete wall. Her heart sank when she saw the barbed wire ontop. No way she could get over it in one piece. So she turned and looked around frantically for something, anything to help her escape but she was realizing quickly she'd get no such help from the universe. Why would it help her now when it's never so much as have her a crumb.

"R-R-R-Robin, quit." Morgan said, stopping her sister. Her voice sounded shaky, and her body language didn't exactly help her to seem confident. No matter what, though, Morgan had to be the one directing the conversation. No matter how much she wanted to leave, to hide in a corner and cry, she wouldn't. Robin needed to know that this was not her school, not her decision.

"Sir, what I saw... I don't feel safe here, I don't want to end up... Like Nat." Thinking of Natalie only made Morgan feel worse. She never even got to tell the girl about her feelings. Was the world really so cruel? Mustering everything she had, Morgan looked into the eyes of the Dean, pushing her tears back. "I need a week to think, sir. And I want to stay with my sister for at least a little while. After things have calmed down we can talk about housing."

"Your professors will be notified, any missing work can follow the guidelines of our incompleted semester rules where you will have until the end of next semester to complete. If you decide you need to take the semester off after your week, that can be discussed as well." The older woman fixed her glasses and smiled.

Robin sat uncomfortably in her seat. Her little sister, the girl who she changed diapers for, potty trained, played Santa the tooth fairy and the easter bunny was sitting right next to her shaking and there was nothing she could do to fix it. She wanted to take her arms right now and hug her but she was being told to back down like an attack dog out of line.

She rubbed the bridge of her nose as her head began to split with pain. Morgan was growing up. She had to make her own decisions...she would just have to show she would be there. Kate was all grown up and making her own decisions as well...she couldn't save that sister as well. Being the older sister, she was failing at protecting them.

After another long breath she extended her hand out to the dean. "I'm sorry. I get a little...protective with my family."

"It's understandable Ms. Whitman, you are just being a good mother."

There was a small twitch on Robin's lip at the word mother. But she didn't correct her. Instead she took her sister's hand gingerly. "Do you need help getting anything from your dorm...or we can just go right in my car. Anything you need right now."

--

She was fast. And zig zagging, clearly this was not this girl's first rodeo. But lucky for her, or unlucky, this wasn't his.

It was totally his first rodeo. He was trying to leap over the things that were knocked in his way to slow him down and he was making sound after sound from crashing bottles.

But God had saved him, a wall stood from her and her freedom. Almost out of breath the gun was still drawn, the safety on, he drew his badge. "Chicago Police Department." A successful arrest. He could do this. She had unique purple hair, but he could still do this.

Pinning her to the wall he put the shackles on. "You have the right to remain silent. Everything you do or say can and will be used against you in the court of law. Uhhh" Logan paused. "You..hmmm Yeah, you have the right to an attorney. If you do not have one, one shall be provided for you. Just read you your Miranda Rights. Done."

--

As Robin held Morgan's hand her cell phone went off. She glanced down and sighed seeing that it was the Chicago Police Department. (The convo they are having now happened hour after the murder and i think the raid happened during the murder. Logan is weird...i'm writing for him and discovering he is just weird.)

As Morgan was about to respond to the Robin, her sister's stupid Gangnam Style ringtone filled the room. Morgan only needed a single glance to know that it was once again Kate causing trouble. Morgan sighed and did her best not to think about Nat-

Even thinking of her name managed to make Morgan shake, and she felt tears running down her face. It wasn't fair, why did Nat have to die? She did nothing wrong. She was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but my sister has some babysitting to do." With that, Morgan put on a brave face (Doing her best to look like she didn't even notice her own tears), stood up, and held out her hand for the dean to shake. The conversation was almost done. "We can talk about this later."

Not a word. The ass hole didn't even say anything before he shoved her against the wall and threw the handcuffs on her wrist. He didn't even explain why it was he was arresting her. Since when was self defense such a serious crime? He could have just talked to her, asked her what happened? No, why would he do that? The cops didn't care for anything or about anyone except their next arrest to keep their numbers up.

Before anything could happen he had her in the car and heading to the station. Closing her eyes she leaned back a moment. She thought about arguing with him and trying to explain but she knew he wouldn't listen and wouldn't care. So she kept silent. Robin was going just love this. Another call from the jail to come bail her out for some bullshit reason. That's all she needed, get Robin involved even more because disappointing her even more is just what she wanted to do.

The officer took her in to the station and they put her in the system then shoved her in to a cell. Sitting against the wall she pulled her arms around her legs and closed her eyes. A moment later one officer came to the cage. "Kat, what the seven hells are you doing here?" Opening her eyes she looked over and saw the one officer she couldn't stand. He was CONSTANTLY trying to get in her pants. "Go away Nathan." The officer laughed softly. "Come on Kat, be nice. I know for a fact you weren't part of the drug deal so why are you really here?" Kate looked at him. "It's Kate. Now go the fuck away!" She turned and tried to hide her face. He laughed at her again. "You do realize that I have keys right? I can just come in if I'd like." Kate got up, walked over to the bars and stared at him a moment. "Then do that and I will make sure every cop in here knows what you're doing."

Before she could move away the cop quickly threw his hand in and grabbed her around the neck. She was thin, happens when you don't have a whole lot to eat, so his hands almost went all the way around her neck. "You are nothing. No one cares about you and they never will. You will die in the gutter and not a tear will be shed." A moment later he shoved her backwards then walked away.

Trembling she backed up and almost fell. Reaching her hand out she held on to the bed and lowered herself to the ground. Pulling her knees tight against her chest she wrapped her arms around her knees, tucked her head behind her arms and tried to take deep breaths. She hated this place, she wanted to go home.

"She should be screened with drug testing."

"Calm down Ward."

"After she's booked, we should see what else she knows about the drug bust, the players. If this is larger."

"Calm down Ward..."

"Her record, she's a regular visitor here. She probably knows every player from the top drug lords to gang leads to just the simple peddlers on the street. There are dozens...several dozens of cases we could close if she answered our-"

"Ward!" The chief stood up now, his big meaty hands pressing on the desk, a vein throbbing. "You are not detective. Nathan is detective. It is not up to you to solve cases or work them. It is your job to follow orders, run finger prints and answer calls when they are made. Is that understood?"

"Sir if you would just-"

"IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?"

Logan let out a breath, placing Katherine Whitman's files on the desk.

"Back to work Ward."

--

When Morgan and Robin got back to the car Robin sat in silence for a few seconds. She ran her fingers through her hair to calm down. God knew what sort of trouble Kate got herself in. If she was hurt.

One of these days she was going to get a call from the morgue and not agitated cops. It was like she was watching this happen and she had no power in the world to stop it.

"Looks like we have a detour to pick up our sister. Maybe the three of us could go to the grocery store afterwards....so the three of us can have a good meal. Or icecream. Movies. Whatever we can do to make any of this better....if you want to talk about it."

She started the car.

The precinct at this point knew Robin pretty well. She walked by and the secretary didn't even flinch handing her the forms. Bail was paid, writing the standard check, she would keep her head up high.

But she made it to the cell, both hands holding the bars as she saw her little sister shaking like a leaf curled up at the end of the bar. "Are you alright, Katie? Morgan's here...maybe we need a girl's movie night. Sound ok?"

As Morgan sat in the passenger seat of the car she would take a breath and see the very air come out of her mouth. The car would drop atleast 20 degrees. If Morgan looked in the rear view mirror she would see a dripping weat Natalie, naked with a long chest wound between her breasts. The blood pouring. The glass vacant dead eyes were staring directly at Morgan.

Morgan barely noticed her at first. She felt the air immediately change, but part of her just felt like she was being paranoid, after all she just watched her friend die. Of course, that all changed when she looked behind her.

Morgan barely recognized the scream that left her body. She immediately opened the passenger door and ran into the station, terrified of the thing in the car. She didn't notice the looks from the many, many people as she ran in, nor did she care.

It isn't real. She told herself, hoping that was true. Whatever that was, it couldn't have been real. Nat's body was with a coroner, far away. She wasn't in the car, didn't just scare the shit out of Morgan. Nope, she wasn't there.

Behind the secretary's desk, one of the first things Morgan would see was Natalie behind the secretary. The secretary had headphones on and was chewing gum.

Pop. Pop.

Natalie, still dripping, placed her hands on the table. She opened her moth and blood dribbled out.

"Morgan....why did you let me go alone?"

Kate knew it wouldn't take Robin long to get here, it never did. As soon as she got the call that her middle sister was behind bars she would drop what she was doing and come to her rescue. Though she would never hear the end of it because it didn't fit in the schedule but most of the time Kate didn't stick around too long to really listen. This time though, something felt different. She didn't really know what it was, maybe she was tired of all the hurt she was getting or the fact she was almost accosted by an ex or arrested for some reason, they won't even tell her why.

Sure enough, not too much time later she heard her sisters voice asking if she was ok. No, she wasn't ok. She was just threatened by a cop and told that no one cared and she began to wonder. She knew Robin was getting sick of always coming to get her out of jail and fucking up but she didn't know how to do anything else really. Robin and Morgan were the only two that even cared a little and she was fucking that up along with everything else.

Straightening she slowly got up, wiped her hands on her shorts then walked over to Robin. "I can do a movie tonight but I can't stay for long, I have to work in the morning." That excuse sounded weak even in her own ears but right now it was the best she could do. Seconds later a no name cop came and opened her cell. Walking out she headed over to the drop off area and smiled at the older lady behind it. "Hey Sarah. Can I get my things please?" The older woman shook her head in disappointment before nodding. "Give me a second Kate."

As they waited she felt someone staring. Turning her head a little she saw Nathan leaning against the door frame, arms crossed over her chest and staring at her. Turning her head, body rigid now, she fought to ignore him. So she looked instead at her older sister and sometimes her mom. "Why's Morgan with you? Shouldn't she be in school right now?" There was nothing but curiosity in her voice. She really needed something to help distract her from the stare Nathan was giving her and making her feel sick to her stomach.

Morgan didn't move when she saw her.

The corpse, its eyes empty, the hair covered in blood, was right there. The secretary didn't even notice her, her chewing gum holding full priority. Morgan pointed to the corpse behind the woman, the corpse now speaking to her with crimson ooze falling from its mouth.

"What do you mean? I wasn't even there! I was eating and enjoying the cool air, how could you blame me?" Tears were falling from her eyes, and the entire room was probably looking at her like she was insane, but Morgan cared more about the creature than anything else. Why was it after her? What did she do to deserve that?

Robin's eyes twitched with aggrivation and anger when Kate shrugged off the movie. She had a tendency at attempting patience, but Kate was pushing it. She was pushing it with no consideration to what this did to anyone but herself. As the cell bars were open and kate tried brushing off....who would come up with another excuse to take off and run.

Not this time. She grabbed her sister's arm. "I need to to actually be a sister today, Katherine. You need to come home and pretend you like this family for Morgan's sake. Can you handle that?"

She was tired of the lame excuses. Of always trying to be there and getting shut out every step of the way. She would always be there, but it didn't mean she liked getting it all the time.

"Her roommate was murdered in her dorm room. She needs the two of us to just...do whatever we can to help her handle this. She saw the body."

--

Robin had no idea that Morgan was CONTINUOUSLY seeing the body. The corpse just smiled, more blood drooling out. "I asked you to come. You left me alone Morgan. He wanted you."

Kate furrowed her brows. Act like she liked this family indeed. If she didn't like this family would she keep them as her emergency contact or swing by their place and watch from the shadows? Not that they knew about the last part but still. She would roll with the punch like she always did. Not that Robin realized that half the delinquent shit she did was to get attention.

"That sucks." Turning at the sound of the older womans voice she grabbed her things, camera as well, then looked at Robin again. "Like I said before, I can do a movie. As long as kettle corn popcorn is involved. Any other kind and the deals off." She said offhandedly trying to make it light hearted. Nathan was still staring and it was taking everything out of her not to rub her tender neck. The bruises wont show for a while, he didn't hold on long enough for that but it still hurt like all get out.

As they walked down the long hallway towards the exit Kate slowed a little. "So ... how is .... Morgan handling it? Or some shit like that." She wasn't good at showing she cared. It's why she can't last in a relationship but that didn't mean she didn't love her sisters. They were her blood and have been by her side through some of her darkest shit and she loved them, she just wasn't good at showing it. So this display right now made her feel awkward and slightly nervous. So she grabbed her camera and turned it on,going through the raid pictures to see what kind of shots she had gotten and if any of them were any good.

"What does that even mean? You're dead, you don't exist. Why are you doing this to me?" Everyone in the room was staring at Morgan, who looked terrible. Her cheeks were puffy, tears were pouring down her face, and she was barely understandable. She had no idea where she could go, what to do to run from the monster following her. Would Robin know what to do, would Kate?

Morgan didn't know, and she didn't care. Nobody was helping her, nobody was stopping that thing. Why wasn't anyone reacting? Why were they staring at her and not the walking corpse? The secretary was a cop, right? Why didn't she stop it?

She was paralyzed, unable to move her legs in any direction. She needed help, but nobody was doing anything. Was she crazy, was this some fucked up nightmare?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great. He felt like he was onto something. Logan knew he was well within his rights to arrest Katherine Whitman. She was at the scene of the crime, sprinted off and knocked out someone that witnessed her running. In cases like this you read the Miranda Rights, you bring the suspect in and you ask the questions when she has the time to get an attorney and its fair for everyone.

Except Detective Nathan refused to let him question her. Now the chief. Pay the bail and she was all set to go. Sure, after the confessions of the rest of the people they busted she had nothing to do with anything.

But she was connected to just about every unsolved case. So maybe she wasn't apart of the bust but he would bet money on her knowing a lot more on these cases.

Feeling a little deflated he was going to get a coffee before he went to his desk to fill out reports. That's when he noticed a girl yelling at nothing, but there was clear fear on her face. Margaret was just chewing gum and not paying attention. They had seen crazier people come in.

"Hey, everything's alright, miss." He stepped infront of her. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" The corpse asked stepping from behind the desk standing behind the cop. "She let me die. Morgan, more are going to die. And its because of you."

--

Robin didn't know what to say about how Morgan was doing. She was shutting her out with this. Just like Kate...and if both sisters shut her out then she had no idea how she could help them. "I don't know....she's trying to act ok...but I know she's not. I don't know how to handle this."

She didn't know how to handle it when mom and died either. MOrgan was just a baby, and she clearly didn't help Kate through it....so it was a lose lose. Robin gave a soft smile at the kettle corn. "Grocery shopping was on my list today we can pick up the kettle corn and whatever else we want." She would have to rework the budget in her head but she could do it.

In the corner of her eye, she noticed the man just staring at them. Robin turned. "Can I help you?"

Kate nodded her head a minute. "Best thing we can do is offer ice cream and a good cuddle session. Pushing will push her away." Kate shrugged as she saw nothing too interesting that couldn't wait til tomorrow then froze when Robin asked a question to someone. Fear turning her blood cold she turned slightly and saw her sister talking to Nathan, the man who was a little too power hungry.

Quickly Kate grabbed her sisters arm. "He's a cop Robin he's going to stare." She said hurriedly trying to pull her sister along, not wanting to prolong her exposure to that pig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back