• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Chance Meeting at Ilex Forest

Bryndle looked around "They've gone missing again haven't they?" He said smirking.

Danielle was surprised to know they named one Balaa and smiled, she would've hated that.. It's perfect.

"Jump down, we can catch you." Balaa yelled up.

"We're really fluffy, we can stop the fall." Candy added.

Malea looks anxious. "And I think they brought Peter with them -- c'mon, we should get moving."

Cass goes full alert and dashes up into the air. "The old oak tree. This way!"

"I...I can't..."

Bryndle and Danielle both dash in the direction indicated. "Are they alright?" Danielle asked.

"M....maybe we should wait for mommy and daddy." Candy said.

"C'mon we got you." Balaa said

Peter shakes his head. "Wait...Mommy? Daddy? I'm up here!" he flails his arms a bit.

"They're fine," says Cass, glancing ahead, "But somehow Peter climbed that tree!"

At the same time a strong gust brushes through the top of the tree. Peter struggles, but is very close to the edge.

Cassiopeia used Teleport!

"I've got you...jump!"

Peter does.

"How'd he get up there?" Danielle asked incredulously, running up to the tree.

Bryndle ran directly to the tree, ready to catch him in case Cassiopeia missed.

Balaa held her breath, nervous. Candy's mouth was agape, her eyes sparkling with fear.

Cassiopeia's flight is right on the money, and a moment later the Ralts lands squarely on top of him. The duo plummet a few feet to the ground before the Mew course corrects, and a moment later both are back on firm ground.

"You okay?"

"Y-yeah...sorry."

Danielle ran up concernedly "Oh sweetie you're ok... what were you doing up there?" She asked, looking down at him.

Bryndle however walked over to the twins. "You two didn't have anything to do with this right?"

"N..no daddy" Candy said nervously.

"We didn't do it." Balaa added.

"I-- I was trying to stay out of the way and win the game."

"What game?" asks Cass.

"Tag. I thought I could hide."

Malea giggles. "Oh, sweetheart. That's adorable, but I'm glad you're safe!"

Danielle chuckled softly. "Next time just remember to make sure you can get back before you try to hide." She said licking his head.

"Alright" Bryndle said, his demeanor slightly menacing, before he smiled an lit up again. "No one was hurt so we're good."

Candy looked as if she were about to faint before Bryndle cheered back up.

Balaa breathed a sigh of relief.

Cassiopeia gently lets his son down. "I'm glad you're okay. You can always call for help if you need it, okay?"

Malea snuggles her daughters. "Next time let us know what's wrong, okay?"

"Alright mommy." Candy said.

"Yes mom." Balaa replied.

Bryndle scooped the two up and slung them on his back, flying in the air and enticing giggles both of them.

Peter watches. "I wish I could fly."

"Maybe one day," says Cass. "Just gotta keep working on your mind-powers! Oh, but it's getting late. Say, Danielle? How about letting Peter stay the night with our Shaymin buddies if he wants?"

Malea nods. "Oh, that would be wonderful! We'd love to have him."

Danielle nodded and smiled warmly. "That sounds like a wonderful idea, as long as it's ok with you two."

"Of course, we'd love to have him, Balaa and Malea Jr. could use a friend." Bryndle said.

Balaa giggled.

Candy grimaced at the name.

"Malea Junior?" Malea winces. "Oh please no. My name is already awful -- let's not give it to our daughter. But I am perfectly happy with letting Peter stay with us!"

"I'd...I'd like that," the Ralts says, shyly. "I...I called her Candy."

"Candy?" says Cassiopeia. "That's...rather fitting, as she seems very sweet!"

Bryndle's spirits seemed rather deflated at Maleas response, but brightened at Cass's comment. "Do you like that name sweetie?" He asked his daughter.

"Yeah!" Candy cheered

Danielle giggled at Bryndle, him and Cass had many similarities.

"Then Candy you will be. Thank you, Peter?" Malea says with a nod.

"You-you're welcome," he says with a slight smile.

"We....should probably head out," says Cassiopeia. "Give me a hug, will you please?"

Peter does so. "Should be fun! Go play!"

"Yeah thanks! I don't wanna be called Malea Junior. !" She said giggling and nuzzling her friend.

Bryndle huffed a little.

"Hey Don't leave your mom hanging." Danielle said hugging her child. "Be good alright?"

Malea grins at Bryndle. "It's okay, really."

Peter hugs his mother's tail. "Thank you for bringing me to new friends. I hope you and Daddy stay safe."

"You make sure you do too," replies Cassiopeia. "Bryndle and Malea will take good care of you."

"Okay."

"Goodbye all of you, If you need anything just contact us." She said before nuzzling Malea. "Thanks again, for everything, it was nice seeing you."

Bryndle rn up and hugged Danielle violently "You guys cant hog all the hugs." He said, before doing the same to Cass.

The two girls giggled. "We're gonna have so much fun!"

A few more hugs and goodbyes are exchanged before Danielle and Cassiopeia finally take their leave.

"It was good catching up with old friends, huh, Danielle? Do you still think of Malea as your aunt?"

"Of course." She said. " Her and mom were closer than sisters, I didn't see them together much, but when they were they seemed inseperable, nothing could've broken them apart."

"You know, she kept a brave face for you, but I felt her heart -- despite how cheerful our goodbyes were, she's hurting for you...and Balaa too. I wanted you to know that -- so it wouldn't seem like we had all just 'moved on.'"

"I know... I didn't want to tell her even, but it wouldn't be right to keep it secret." She said sighing. "But it's good to move on together, I think I might've exploded if I didn't tell her." She said chuckling. "How was Bryndle? he seemed on good health, I imagine he's absolutely doting on his children."

Cassiopeia nods. "Bryndle is doting. I think the only reason he didn't talk nonstop about them was to be polite. He's the stricter parent, but his love for his little ones could compete with a Kanghaskhan's!"

The sun is beginning to set, and the sounds of the night have started.

"Heh, that's surprising actually, you'd think he couldn't imagine them doing wrong." She said, looking at the sunset. "Awfully pretty isn't it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back