• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

caecgirl

((As the title states, I hope to maintain the tone of this game but sometimes games go off the rails.)) You 4 awaken in a repurposed cell (made to look like military quarters). Lights flicker and there is an eerie silence where normally there is a little commotion even this early in the morning and someone showed up to walk you to the gym for readiness training. But nothing...other than the flickering lights and the echo of distant alarms.

Gabriel groaned as he came awake. Something wasn't right he didn't know for sure but it felt off. He jumped out of bed and looked at the other freaks that call this hell home. Tilting his head he heard the faint alarm in the distance.

Turning to the others he started to gently nudge them awake.

Turning to the wall door he looked at his hand than the door wondering how much force he needed to open it.

Oakleaf squeezed her eyes shut and stretched as she sat up in her bed, before blinking and looking around. The bags under her eyes were a clear indicator that she didn't get quite enough sleep. She had fallen asleep rather late the night before, after all. Despite her exceptional hearing due to her more feline traits, she couldn't hear anything especially attention-grabbing last night to help her doze off.

Turning so that her legs were dangling off the side of the bed, she reached over to where her violin rested against the wall. Picking it up, along with the bow, she began to play. This was something she did each morning, usually waiting until everyone was up. She did this to keep her skills sharp and honed. This morning's tune was something that she thought would pleasantly accompany the distant sound of alarms.

As she played, she spoke up. Her voice seemed to carry on the sound of her instrument along with the music itself. As always, she tried her best to sound refined as she spoke.

"So, any idea what the problem might be this time? I'm assuming there's a mess for us to clean up. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. After all, I appreciate the opportunity to practice my... skills."

Dr. Simon Bright a human, scratch that an ex-human after an accident regarding one of the anomalies stored at another site during his tenure there, resulting in his soul and mind being transferred to his prototype of an assistant android X3r0, leaving poor Simon wondering if he is a human soul in an android body, or X3r0 that decided to absorb and assimilate behavioral data of Dr. Simon Bright to recreate him. But this wasn't the time for a paradoxical depression-like line of thinking for something was wrong he could feel it.

So Simon booted up his body awake as even though it was an android his mind still needed a rest, after a quick mental checkup of all internal and external systems of his body Simon got off his bed while grabbing the satchel that contained his usual set of tools for the job. The man stood at six feet in height. He was built like an athlete, or at least that's what it looked like on the outside for inside was a bunch of different mechanisms making him move and act like a human, from standard pneumatic mechanics up to various biomechanisms, which in turn entailed his weight being a lot bigger than one might think.

"If you want Agent Oakleaf I can try to access the mainframe and see what happened but because there could be an issue caused by my low access permission, at least it will allow me to check when the alarm began." Said monotonously almost robotic, it seems that Dr. forgot to add a decent voice modifying module into the android body, and now it was impossible to do so as this body felt like it was his own.

Gabe watched the doctor than looked into the pale lights. He felt "him" pressing against his thoughts like a danger sense.

"Whatever happened it left nobody around." He said looking at Doc. "And if something got out than we're not safe here. We should move as quickly as possible." He suggested keeping his eyes peeled for any danger

Last edited:
Suddenly, the music came to an abrupt --and ear screeching-- stop. Oakleaf's face was nearly completely drained of color, and her catlike ears were pinned back.

"Did you say that nobody is left? Are we sure that we're the only ones around?"

She set her violin down and instead grabbed onto her tail, smoothing down the fur that was standing on end.

"If we're the only ones left, which I hope we aren't, then we need to prepare ourselves so that we stay around instead of disappearing like everyone else. I've dealt with a lot, but nothing like this, where everyone's gone! It's um, a little eerie..."

When the music stops, you hear growling in the hallway beyond the closed door. Btw u all possess a bronze key card. It won't matter now but just making you aware

A rather large form shifted in the back of the room. This was no monster, at least not one they had to worry about, as there was a familiarity with this one. This creature was long, about twenty feet in total length if one had to guess, and had shiny white scales covering the majority of its body. On one end of the beast, the body ended in a dull scaled point, while the other was covered in significantly finer scales, almost indistinguishable from normal skin. The latter end was a human-like torso, clad in stereotypical kunoichi garb, that made it difficult to believe the creature was actually reptilian from the waist up, but as many have learned, her upper torso was very much not mammalian.

Oh yes, "her". The creature's "human" half was feminine in appearance, with a noticeable chest despite her distinctly reptilian nature, and could be described as a slender. She had icy blue eyes, slitted pupils like the snake she is, and white tendrils cascading from her head that looked incredibly similar to that of normal hair.

The snake pushed said tendrils out of her face as she lifted herself into her equivalent of standing, She pulled at the tip of her own tail, peeling away its outer layer to reveal shinier scales beneath.

"What are you guys talking about?" She asked, ever the late riser. "Are we being sent out on another search?"

"That is our only option it seems. Everyone pack up, we gotta hit the armory and we will decide the rest later. So far the only info we've got is that we are probably the only ones left here, whatever that includes the anomalies as well cannot be confirmed nor denied" When Doc. Simon finished speaking he heard the growling from within the hallway beyond the closed door, it ascertained him that they were in fact not alone, but for sure it wasn't friendlies beyond the door.
"Scratch that you lot, we are definitely not alone, but I do not compute the chances of the thing beyond this door as a friendly and it might be what caused others to disappear so wield anything you can for self-defense and approach with caution. When everyone is ready I will open the door and we move out. Did everyone get that?"
And as he said Doc. did, he walked up to his cot, and broke off one of the metal pipes out of it, as it should suffice for now as an improvised weapon till they reach the armory to arm themselves properly, after all, he was more of a shooter than a melee type of 'person' albeit he was an android now.
"After we get to the armory we will discuss our further plans, but we probably will need to go to the command center either way, to get access to the escape route and potentially confirm the loss of personnel and activate the self-lockdown sequence so it will lock down after we leave. But of course that won't be easy mainly cause we don't have proper clearance to access it."
Explained Doc. to the best of his androidal speech abilities as he approached the door yet again waiting for others to do their thing so he could open the door and move out first.

Gabe walked to the door before turning back to his bunk. The armory was a ways away. If they were attacked out there who knows what might happen. He walked over to his bunk and grunted before he ripped the leg off of the bed. He tested it in the palm of his hand before heading to the doorway ready for whatever might happen

Sighing in acceptance, Oakleaf let go of her tail. Standing up, she grabbed her violin and held it at the ready. She wasn't taking any risks. The catgirl walked up to the door and turned back to the rest of the group.

"I don't like this one bit. I'm frightened, and I don't want to have to fight anything right after getting up. But I will. And I swear that whatever is loose, it will regret disturbing my routine and freaking me out. Adrenaline will fuel my actions today. It's not as good as caffeine, but it'll have to do. Is everyone else ready?"

Itchi, the female tengu cleric who could sleep through just about anything wakes from her nap. "Wha? Whatcha all standing around for?" she opens the door completely oblivious to the nightmares playing out in your heads. As soon as she does, you see a strange green fungus taking up a small patch on the wall. Green mist emanates from it.

Gabe let out a breath as he stepped ahead of the rest of them. He figured because of his altering he could be used as a meat shield for the rest. He headed towards the mist tightening his hand on his make shift club. "Let me out." He heard in the back of his mind. He shook his head no. "Be ready for anything. " He told the others.

Doc Simon Bright looked inside the corridor after his feathery companion opened the door, the green fungus and the green mist concerned him, especially since he had never seen ones like those, so for all he knew it was an Anomaly, so he turned to his companions and exclaimed to them with the highest sophistry his robotic voice could muster.
"You of organic living matter should find something to cover your breathing systems, until we prove this mist is safe for you. And do not worry about me 99.9 percent of my body is synthetic, so I doubt it will lead to long-lasting damage."
Doc went back to the room and tore off his sheet into cloths that could cover the mouths of others and gave it to them as he passed them while walking towards Gabe.
"My humanoid friend, I advise you to wear this, we don't know what that mist will do to biological matter from which you are composed, or at least to your respiratory systems. So let me walk first across it, at least then we can rule out it harming your skin, for that is one of the few things I don't have synthetic."
Simon then passed the piece of cloth to Gabe and walked carefully towards the green mist with his mechanisms in overdrive trying to read anything regarding the mist that he will soon have contact with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back