Anime & Manga A Berserk Thread In Honour of Mirura

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
If you haven't heard...the author of Berserk, Kentaro Miura, passed away recently. The manga is officially...over. It will never finish. The news hit me hard. If you can't tell, I'm a massive Berserk fan. It's had a massive impact on my growth, and learning that the person who gave me that died was...rough. I just wanted to make this so that other fans of the series can talk about their experiences with Berserk, to honor the creator of one of the greatest manga of all time.

Myself, I haven't seen the anime or read the manga. I'm planning too. It's very sad that the manga will never be finished.
It's just upset me to see a great man passed away. Maybe he RIP. :'x

Myself, I haven't seen the anime or read the manga. I'm planning too. It's very sad that the manga will never be finished.
It's just upset me to see a great man passed away. Maybe he RIP. :'x
I highly reccomend it. The Golden Age arc is beyond phenomenal. Legitimately some of the best character writing I've ever seen. Now's the best time to read it I suppose

It's a sad news indeed.

I wasn't following the manga unfortunately (even though I really want to read all of it, I've only read the beginning. I'm not good in keeping up with long projects like this) but I watched all animation series and I loved the story and characters.

It's a sad news indeed.

I wasn't following the manga unfortunately (even though I really want to read all of it, I've only read the beginning. I'm not good in keeping up with long projects like this) but I watched all animation series and I loved the story and characters.
The 1997 anime is what got me into the series, and is honestly nearly a perfect adaptation, minus one chapter I love. I'm glad you watched them!

Yes, animation was how I got acquainted with the story too, even though it was far later than 97 lol Was just several years ago when I got to watch it. I went to read manga after XD Just then some real life circumstances made me drop everything I've been reading and I still didn't get back to it.
I'm still planning to get back to it if I can. Sad that it won't be finished.

It's fine! I'm not caught up myself. It's a shame because I feel like Miura was finally going to wrap up the story. At least we got thirty years of a masterpiece

Massive F. I can't believe all the jokes about him passing before he finished actually came true. Well, at least we got to see Casca come back before the end.

I can't say that I was ever a fan of his series (not because I didn't like it but it wasn't my thing). But that being said, I know it was widely acclaimed as one of the best of its genre and had a massive following. So I'm sad for my friends and everyone else who was a fan of his work. 😔

I think regardless of your opinion on Berserk and its legacy, it's hard to dispute that Miura was one of the most well-known and groundbreaking mangaka of his generation with a massive (and understated) influence on the art and the industry. To see him pass from an affliction that some have pointed out is often stress-related and stress-causative -- with this news breaking on the same day as MAPPA studio artists speaking out on their own harsh labor conditions -- shows that something is wrong about how the animanga industry treats its artists.

Anyways, I hope he may rest peacefully.

I think regardless of your opinion on Berserk and its legacy, it's hard to dispute that Miura was one of the most well-known and groundbreaking mangaka of his generation with a massive (and understated) influence on the art and the industry. To see him pass from an affliction that some have pointed out is often stress-related and stress-causative -- with this news breaking on the same day as MAPPA studio artists speaking out on their own harsh labor conditions -- shows that something is wrong about how the animanga industry treats its artists.

Anyways, I hope he may rest peacefully.
I was just talking with someone about how I think that his early career led to his poor health and frequent hiatuses. Being a mangaka is rough work, especially for a popular series. Luckily Miura was able to have a lot more leeway over the years, but still. Few people have had more of an impact than him. We wouldn't have Cloud from FFVII, or any brooding swordsman with a giant hunk of metal without him. I put him up there with the greats. Araki, Toriyama, Monkey Punch, so on and so forth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back