• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ᵒᶠ ᵖᵒʷᵉʳˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵖʳᵒᵇˡᵉᵐˢ-

still.bejeweled

sad lil rat
Swellview: a beautiful town nestled in the valley of Los Angeles, home to the world’s most famed superhero. After the passing of their sidekick, the world wondered what would come next for them; would they hang up their uniform? Turn to a life of crime in the name of grief and revenge? It seemed that everyone was waiting with baited breath, and what came next surprised them- their hero returned with four new super-powered sidekicks; the next generation.

In other words: sometimes a family is just a deeply traumatized (and more importantly disastrously bi) superhero and an eccentric mad scientist trying to raise their five teenage superpowered kids. Chaos ensues.

————-

Hello! Welcome to my ripoff of Nickelodeon’s Danger Force. Yes, I am absolutely obsessed with Danger Force and Henry Danger. Yes, I am turning 25 at the end of the month. No, I don’t care to hear your opinions on that and, no, you don't need to be familiar with either to apply for this RP. That said, I do recommend watching it- it’s such a good time and is legitimately funny, plus there’s some darker stuff under the surface if you want to go looking for it; hence why I’m here attempting to make this group.

The most important thing I want to note here is that I want to maintain the lighthearted and crackhead energy of the show while also adding in more mature moments that the show itself can’t explore, given the nature of it being a Nick show and all. I’d love to find a balance, which admittedly will probably take us a bit to find.

Another important point is that the roles of the Hero, the Kid, and the Scientist have an entire other TV show of history behind them (Henry Danger, which is essentially the prequel to the the show this RP is based off of), and then even more before that. If you’re applying for the Hero and are accepted for the role, I’d love to collaborate with you on this! If it seems like there’s a lot of info you’re missing as you read through this, that would be why. The best thing I can encourage you to do is apply anyways if you're interested, and I’ll fill you in on the missing pieces should you be accepted. Trust me, it’s a lot, and I don’t want to waste anyone’s time yapping on! Not to mention, the past can change depending on everyone’s characters.

This RP is for user’s 18+, will be advanced literate, and is NOT FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. Applications will open with interest. LGBTQ+ and diversity friendly. Realisitc facelcaims.

————-

The following are the roles I’m looking to fill. They may seem detailed and set in stone, but I can assure you they’re not; while I want to stick to them somewhat I am very open to all of your ideas and am excited to include them! What’s written below is a direct dupe of the show, but again is extremely open to interpretation. I want you to show off your creativity here as it will give me an idea of how well you’ll be able to contribute to the plot should you be accepted! Please DM me if you have any questions, and interact with this post if you’re interested so I can gauge interest.

The Smart One, Chill One, Angry One and Dumb One are all meant to be 15 or 16 years old. Their parents do not know their kids are a part of a famous crime-fighting team, and think their kids were accepted into a school for gifted/smart kids, or something similar to that. While I know that’s not super believable, please keep in mind that this is meant to have lighthearted sitcom vibes! I should also say here that while we will be exploring dark themes at times, these characters should a majority of the time at least present as confident, loud and chaotic.

The Kid is 18, the Hero is probably in their late 30s or early 40s but will insist they’re only 30, and the Scientist is in the same range.

the smart one: they’re the brains of the operation; the level-headed one. the type to remind the teacher the class had homework, and easily the top of their class. their power is ‘super-scream’; perhaps this a reflection of them not ever feeling truly heard. sibling of the chill one.

the chill one: the future finds them, they don’t go looking for it. at least, that’s what they believe. ironically, they’re the first to start panicking when something goes even mildly wrong. their powers of teleportation make a fair amount of sense: you could say they’re neither here nor there. sibling to the smart one.

the angry one: the angry teen without a cause. they have the nicest family, but are well and truly in their punk phase (and will be for the rest of their life). their electricity-based superpower isn’t much of a surprise, but god is it concerning considering their short fuse.

the dumb one: certified idiot. not one brain cell to be found, which makes their powers of telekinesis all that more surprising. that said, as you can probably imagine, they’re a sweetheart. their mother has burned through multiple marriages, and is currently engaged to swellview’s mayor. they rarely pay attention to what their child does, but it doesn’t affect the dumb one all that much; they enjoy the freedom, and are always off in la la land.

the hero: the hero received their powers by accident; the child of a single father and mad scientist, they were bound to get their naive eight-year-old hands on one of his experiments eventually. their father, seeing this as his next big project, made quick work of pulling the hero out of school and training them to wield their power; becoming the hero the world so badly needed. nowadays, no one sees the deeply traumatized young kid hiding in the shell of the charismatic, flawless hero everyone’s oh-so grateful for. their power is indestructibility and super-strength.

character breakdown: the hero has two personalities- their hero persona, and their civilian, normal persona. their hero self is brave, charming, and smart, if not a bit obviously egotistical; everything you’d expect from the world’s favorite crime-fighter. their true self has a bit of a short fuse, is a tad eccentric, loud, full-of-themselves and i is unintentionally (and typically unsuccessfully) trying to heal their inner child. read: total and complete himbo. remember that at the end of the day, they truly care for the young sidekicks they’re training/teaching and would bend over backwards for them, but will never admit it outloud (unless it comes to the kid, who you’ll read about next). they have the capacity to be kind and thoughtful but rarely act on it (again, the kid is an exception to this). as time goes on they can, and inevitably will, calm down and heal. i cannot stress enough that while this is a deeply traumatized character, they are not in any way creepy/abusive towards the kids their teaching or anyone around them; that is not AT ALL the story i’m interested in telling, and if anyone tries to bend it that way i will not hesitate to block and report you as needed.

the kid (taken by still.bejeweled still.bejeweled ): the hero’s adopted kid- their sunshine; the only one they will ever apologize to for their idiotic actions. they have a troubled past akin to what the hero has gone through, hence why they’re so close. kind to a fault and charmingly disarming, everyone and anyone will agree that the kid can do no wrong. they have the power of invisibility.

the scientist (npc): the crazy and quirky genius who lives with the hero and kid. they’re responsible for keeping all of the team’s gadgets (and more importantly wifi) working. they often save the day with their smarts.

——-

So that you can get a feel of the vibes and misadventures these characters will be experiencing, here’s a handful of episodes I’m planning on copying and pasting! Please keep in mind that we will absolutely be sprinkling in more serious and mature plot points, episodes, and character arcs to mix in with all of the lightheartedness you’ll find below.

After The Hero goes on strike because they refuse to pay for artwork that they destroyed while on a mission, the mayor (the Dumb One’s step-dad) appoints a new hero to defend Swellview… did someone say jealousy?

The Dumb One’s mother picks up the Scientist’s lost radioactive cat and takes it home. The kids and the Hero have to try and get it back before she goes nuclear.

The Hero, the Scientist and the kids host an open-house night to prove their ‘school’ is real or risk it being shut down.

The kids’ powers are on the fritz- the team searches for an explanation.

When the kids borrow The Hero’s beloved classic car without telling them, it falls into the hands of Swellview’s petty criminals; now the team must track it down and get it back before the Hero finds out.

Last edited:
this is SO MUCH to read- thank you for taking the time to go through it! please let me know if you’re interested and i’ll start making an application page, and maybe i’ll throw everything up above into a fancy code~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back