• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ᴛᴇʀʀᴀ {ᵈⁿᵈ & ᵇᵃˡᵈᵘʳˢ ᵍᵃᵗᵉ ⁱⁿˢᵖⁱʳᵉᵈ}

still.bejeweled

sad lil rat

• intro

' bannered mare '

skyrim

overview.

MAY. 1365.

“Can I go out to the village? The festival looks so pretty!” a young Salara, just recently turned six years old, innocently asks the Galashiels’ Archmage, Hadelia Fornne. Hadelia approaches the window her apprentice is wistfully looking out of.

They can just see the top of the Maypole; pink and white flower petals floating through the air. The warm summer breeze wafting through the open window smells of fresh baguettes. Salara feels Hadelia gently fix her hair, redoing the braid, and hopes it’s because she’s about to be allowed to go outside the castle walls to mingle with the villagers. Her memories tell her it’s wrong to get excited, and yet her heartbeat raises slightly.

“Sal…” she knows that tone. It is firm yet kind, and she knows she can push a bit more-

“But Haddy-“

“You know the rules.”

“Even the Galashiels are going this year!”

“No.” Hadelia finishes tying Salara’s braid with a bit of a tug, but it’s the tone of her voice that let’s Salara know she can’t ask again. That she must hold her tongue now. She tries to ignore the sinking of her heart.

Hadelia’s hands come to rest on Salara’s shoulders, and she sighs. “Come, love. Help me finish the potion I’m working on.”

Salara takes a moment longer to look out at the festival before turning away and taking Hadelia’s hand. She smiles good-naturedly because, after all, she has everything she could ever need.

APRIL. 1380.

The moonlight illuminated the townsquare. Salara looked out at it from her seat in her bedroom window; a week away from twenty-one years old. Twenty-one years of watching life go by from the castle windows and never once being permitted to experience it herself. She wouldn’t typically risk getting caught gazing outside, but there wasn’t a single soul awake at this hour. She’d planned it that way.

She wasn’t asking for permission to leave the castle grounds this time.

Everything was in place; her bag packed, her favorite forest green cloak adorning her shoulders. She knew there weren’t any guards blocking her path to leave. She had their trust.

She had Hadelia’s trust.

The woman who raised her; her mother more than her mentor. Haddy would understand why she had to sneak out, though, right? Because she would never grant Salara permission to leave. Sure, she had promised that after Salara’s coronation, her official promise to a life of servitude in the pursuit of one day taking Hadelia’s place as the royal Archmage, they could visit the village. Under careful watch of the Guard, of course. Salara understood that it was for her own safety that she couldn’t leave; that she didn’t have the best control of her powers. That Hadelia didn’t want any accidents to happen, to Salara or to anyone else.

But she wanted to see the world of her own accord, freely, like the kids she always saw running through the square. Was that really so wrong?

She stood from the window, adjusting her cloak and donning her knapsack. Opening the door, she took a last look over her bedroom. Smiling reminiscently, she remembered growing up; waddling around as a toddler while Hadelia chased after her, laughing with her glowing smile. The multiple times in her teenage years when she’d accidentally set her curtains on fire. And finally, after years of working towards it, her coronation dress was perfectly laid out on her dresser- the wind fluttering the satin skirt. The jewels in the ornate crown sitting on top of it, shining.

Her grip on the doorknob became white-knuckled.

One week. One week to experience the real world and then she’d be back, just in time for her birthday. Just in time for her coronation.

Haddy would understand.

The door gave a soft click behind her.

TLDR

Welcome to the world of Terra! A high fantasy, DnD inspired group roleplay about the royal Archmage’s runaway protege and the ragtag band of misfits she winds up traveling with- and then leading on a wild goose chase in an attempt to find her parents all while the group is under the impression that they're chasing down the Archmage’s missing apprentice to trade in for the reward money. Complete with an original world, map, and episodic plotline created by yours truly, although the plot will be influenced by your characters and decisions!

!! NOT first come, first serve and NOT a DnD game, just DnD inspired !!

!!
    All character races welcome but I stg if any of you bring the humanoid hippos into this I'll scream !!

!!
    Characters must be 21+ - Writers must be 18+ to apply !!

The following tab is for the available roles. They are just ideas, albeit they’re the molds I imagined when creating this story so I’m partial to them. You can alter the role you apply for to fit your vision, keep it exactly the same, or come up with your own idea. Please be creative! I promise I don’t bite c:

At some point, it will have to be decided how the group came to travel together. Please be prepared to adjust your character’s history to accommodate this. Details will be decided by the final group, which leads me to a reminder that THIS IS NOT FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!

For non-human characters realistic art is allowed for faceclaims. Please remember to keep your character grounded! Often times when I join fantasy RP's, people go absoultely wild with their backstories and powers. I want realism, even if your character has horns, can wipe out an army of goblins in one breath, and has the hairiest feet known to man. Make me care for them.

Thank you so so much for reading if you’ve gotten this far! If you're interested, please leave a heart or a comment so I can gage whether or not to go ahead and spend time creating the lore and character application page.

intro

roles

rules

it'll be fine.

...probably.

genre

DnD, found family

status

accepting

spots open

6/7

question

answer

lore

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
i am also very here for this 🙋 also just a question, it says there are 7 spots available but there's only 5 roles described, was just wondering what the correct amount of spots were?

i am also very here for this 🙋 also just a question, it says there are 7 spots available but there's only 5 roles described, was just wondering what the correct amount of spots were?
good question! there's five, and a friendly reminder that this isn't first come first serve!! c:

insert Down By The River here

YES! I JUST STARTED BG3, SO LETS DO THIS, AAAAARGH! BRINGING TARUK FROSTSCALE TO LIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!

edit: dibs on fighter

Last edited:
Interested in role-playing in this with my interest in things from D&D, but, your math wasn't right. Between 1365 and 1386 it was 21 years, between the birthdays anyway, so, that the girl is originally 4 years old in 1365 would mean she would turn 25 years old at her birthday in 1386, not 21.

Interested in role-playing in this with my interest in things from D&D, but, your math wasn't right. Between 1365 and 1386 it was 21 years, between the birthdays anyway, so, that the girl is originally 4 years old in 1365 would mean she would turn 25 years old at her birthday in 1386, not 21.
lmao math really isn't my thing in any capacity 🤣 i'll have to fix that!!

FRIENDLY REMINDER - this is NOT first come, first serve. if the spot you were interested in has been applied for, throw your hat in the ring as well!

additionally, remember there is an option to create an entirely original character concept!

Last edited:
I was sold upon seeing a lesbian knight 👀✨ but fr very keen! sounds amazing and bg3 brain rot is real

7dba4c928ebd66cc4b8628d397c0aa71.jpg

Last edited:
I'm close to being able to post more character stuff, just need to be able to sit at my computer! (Work is the bane of my existence, I just want to write!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back