• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic -22° and Dropping (Interest Check)

Gummy

【=◈︿◈=】
-22° and Dropping
An old voice recorder found in an abandoned building next to a corpse with scissors in his neck:

A male speaks up through the mic:
I found this in m-my pocket, so I at least have something to t-talk to. I w-woke up around... I dont know. There is no sun, just a grey sky. I d-dont know where I am, I just woke up i-in two foot deep s-snow. Last thing I r-remembered was I was at the beach with my w-wife and there had been a bright flash... im still in my bathing suit.
Anyways, I woke up and there was nothing around me but snow. I could see some rock formations but thats it... I decided to walk and find help, and it seemed like an e-eternity until I found this building. I cant feel my hands or feet from the cold, I found a c-count in the closet, and some matches. I-I guess ill set up camp here.

The recording cuts out.

I-its day t-two and I-I feel d-drunk almost... I cant explain it, but my brain feels hazy. Ill try to ignore it, I just hope its not the cold. I-I found boots too, under this old sleeping bag. I rummaged around a-and found a map. Everything is written im some other language, I think russian. There seems to be a... a town up north I think.

The recording cuts out.

I-ive made it to the town. There is no sign of life, just soulless silence. Actually, theres no sign of a town either. I-I can see the b-buildings but they... they're all destroyed and run down.
I found a few things but no sign of people o-...

The man went silent but the recording keeps playing. Thirty minutes later:

S-something.... something just walked through town. I nearly ran out to it, s-since its the first moving thing ive seen... but this was no human. It looked human-like, though it crawled on all fours, like a monkey would. Its hind legs had hands and apposable thumbs. Also... it had no eyes. Its entire face was made up a mouth filled with vicious teeth, much like a sh-shark. I... I dont know if I should keep going...

The recording cuts out.

Its day four... ive been staying in town the whole time. I actually havent left this building... theres canned food and water... im safe here. A-anyways... my brain has been getting more clouded. I can still do everything regularly...
The man begins to cry.
I dont know... Im beginning to forget. I-I dont remember... I dont remember my wifes name. Or my name. Hell, I forgot what I looked like, since every mirror in this damned town is broken just like everything else. Come to think of it, did I have a wife... no of course I did... I think...

The recording cuts out.

Its day five, and I heard wolves howling last night. I tried to run toward the sound like an idiot. My p-plan was to stab them with scissors, the only weapon I could find in the house. In fact it was the first time I left the house. I couldnt find them, so I came back. Actually, I f-found a thermostat on the ground while I was out. Its negative 12 degrees farenheit.
The man goes silent for a few minutes then broke the silence with a hysterical laugh.
This is so fucked!

The recording cuts out.

Day seven... Im all out of food, and I cant remember anything. Im serious, literally anything. All I remember was waking up in that damn snow and so on... anything before t-that is just blank... whats the point...

End of recording.

Sorry if the reading was a bit long.
The idea I have for this rp is a bit long, and I dont want to explain it all out, I want to keep it a bit ominous. Comment if interested and i'll maybe elaborate and create some rules etc.
:)

Also what I pictured the creature to look like
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/g3kvpcx3Z18/maxresdefault.jpg

Most importantly, id like to say that the recording is more of a demo, meaning I might add some important plot points, that had been unexplained.

This roleplay takes place in the location described above. There is no specified location other than a once seemingly rural area with a large amount of snow everywhere. There is also the occasional town or humble cabin, but everything seems to be eroded and destroyed. A remarkable fact is that the sky is entirely grey. Meaning the sun has somehow vanished. Unexplainably night still falls though there are no stars to be seen in the sky. Also, the most noticable thing about the landscape is there are no trees or any signs of natural life despite what seems to be predators like wolves.
However, if one may look to what a compass tells them is north, on a day with no fog, they can see what appears to be a soft glow over the horizon, something unexplainable to this lifeless world.

Your characters have started just like the man in the recording; you simply wake up in the snow. There also is some sort of metallic triangle engraved inside of your left wrist, that gives off a warm red glow. As your basic human instinct tells you, survive.

Also to drive the plot forward, my first OC will serve as sort of a prophet, who has special memories that can solve the mystery of what happened to their planet.

Since theres some confusion heres some extra info:

Basically the world was normal, in modern time, though suddenly, a large split second flash be it from a meteor or nuclear bomb, that is unknown. It killed almost every living thing on earth, except the certain few humans that have been chosen. They are all human, and are all normal people. Some being military soldiers, doctors, or just teenagers. The reason they were picked seems unknown and there seemingly isnt any pattern. They wake up in the now destroyed and snow covered rural Alabama (I decided on this location though you can make up towns as you go.) It seems every tree has disappeared and every town abandoned and decrepit. There still seem to be animals such as wolves, bears, and small rabbits, though no other sign of human life.

As a way to drive the plot forward, all survivors will wake up and in the horizon be able to see the small town of Burksville, which they all head toward.

Link to Character Sheets
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/22-and-dropping-cs-sheet.330201/

Link to OOC Chat
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/22-and-dropping-ooc.330956/

Link to Roleplay
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/22°-and-dropping.330958/

Last edited:
Some average every-day humans. Again, their history doesnt matter much because they'll pretty quickly forget all of it, but their general knowledge and muscle memory will remain. For example if your character was in the military, he wouldnt remember it, but he would still know how to maintain and handle a rifle, etc. Also since the weather is below -22 degrees, it would be better if they were athletic to some degree, if you intend for them to survive long.

I need more info before I write a character sheet. I understand the desire to make it ominous, but without much information, it's hard to know what kind of character is or isn't appropriate. IE, is this 'flash' transporting characters from various time periods? What about various planets/universes? Or are they all from Earth, all from the same time period? And what time period are we talking about here, if so? What's the method of selection? Is it random, or is there certain criteria that each of our characters should be meeting in order to have been selected?

Ah I see, youre right about being vague is a bad idea. Ill answer your question and add it to the info

Basically the world was normal, in modern time, though suddenly, a large split second flash be it from a meteor or nuclear bomb, that is unknown. It killed almost every living thing on earth, except the certain few humans that have been chosen. They are all human, and are all normal people. Some being military soldiers, doctors, or just teenagers. The reason they were picked seems unknown and there seemingly isnt any pattern. They wake up in the now destroyed and snow covered rural Alabama (I decided on this location though you can make up towns as you go.) It seems every tree has disappeared and every town abandoned and decrepit. There still seem to be animals such as wolves, bears, and small rabbits, though no other sign of human life.
As a way to drive the plot forward, all survivors will wake up and in the horizon be able to see the small town of Burksville, which they all head toward.

Ah I see, youre right about being vague is a bad idea. Ill answer your question and add it to the info

Okay, worldwide cataclysm with the story focusing on the survivors in and around Burksville, AL. That makes things easier. =) I'll write up a character sometime this afternoon.

However Alice isnt any ordinary girl at all. She has no memory of her previous life in the first place, except her first name and the name of her duck. She also for some unexplained reason, knows more than anybody else of why they are there, and what happened to the decaying world.

If we're doing the supernatural/fantasy thing here, I'm going to drop out. Worldwide cataclysm and fallout scenario are fine, but I'm not into magic and supernatural creatures for this type of story.

In the intro you read about the mutated monster-creature, correct? Because thats as supernatural as it gets. The only ability the girl has is she knows more about what happened to them than anybody else, so I could use her to drive the plot forward. Though if that doesnt float your boat I understand. WordArtist WordArtist

In the intro you read about the mutated monster-creature, correct? Because thats as supernatural as it gets. The only ability the girl has is she knows more about what happened to them than anybody else, so I could use her to drive the plot forward. Though if that doesnt float your boat I understand.
I assumed alien or halucination, not werewolf or godcreature. Is your little girl an alien?

Uhm...old Roblox RPer here, tisn't this from well, a Roblox RP game?

Mossino Mossino your post made me laugh, im surprised somebody recognized it. This is where I got the general idea and title! I used to play that map a long time ago when I was around 10 or 11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back