• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom 1x1 RP with Copper

Mercuri

“Hey Nate. How’s life?”
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Please do not post here. If you would like to join and turn this into a group RP, DM me instead of posting directly on this thread

It was yet another day in the Mud Kingdom. Another... boring day. King Caiman sat in front of his bedroom window, his head resting atop his talons as he looked down at the MudWings down below, running errands and whatever else they had planned for the day. He let out a huff and furrowed his brows in frustration. He was tired of being pent up in this palace all day. Maybe a good ol' walk could cure his boredom.

"Good morning, King Caiman!" the guard posted at his bedroom door greeted with a bright smile. "Had a good rest?" Caiman grunted, not bothering to look the guard in the eye. "Yes. It was fine." The guard watched as the king slowly made his way down the hall, a hint of curiosity in his eyes. "Uhm.. Your Majesty? Would you like me to assist you in.. erm.. taking you wherever you're going?"
Before Caiman turned the corner, he looked back at the guard and gave a firm shake of his head. "No. I'll be fine. I don't need you breathing down my back all of the time." He flicked his tail at the guard before quickly disappearing down the hall.

The wonderful smell of roasted meat and other delicacies wafted throughout the castle and Caiman would be lying if he said it didn't make him a little hungry. Caiman peeked his head into the banquet room, eyeing the dishes sitting on the long table. "Ah! Morning, my King," a voice greeted. Interrupted from his thoughts, Caiman snapped his head towards the voice, immediately recognizing his cook. "Hello Stoat. I must say, you and the other cooks have outdone yourselves with breakfast." Stoat bowed, thankful for the compliment. He was slightly smaller and much skinnier than an average MudWing, so he wasn't very useful when it came to close combat. Though, his amazing cooking skills made up for it. "Thank you, Sir!"
Caiman quickly swiped a juicy piece of cow leg before darting out of the kitchen. "You should stay and-" Stoat paused, gazing around the now empty banquet room. "Uh... King Caiman?"

The morning sun was still fighting it's way through the dreary clouds which blotted it out, causing the environment to look quite gloomy. Hopefully it wouldn't rain today.
Caiman sat atop a grassy hill, tearing into the cow leg which he'd grabbed earlier, while watching the river lap up against the muddy bank down below.

Otter Yawned as he stretched out and looked outside, it was a rather dreary day but that wouldn't stop Otter from smiling. from sunrise to sunset, the small mudwings face always wore a cheerful smile. His sibling never really understood why but it probably was because the Mudwing had never killed or seen someone killed. he never went to battle because he was rather weak (still stronger than most tribes but still).

As he ventured out into the village, he greeted a few familiar faces, said hi to some new ones, and eventually made it to his usual spot. As he sat down with his front talons in the water he looked up and saw another new face, he looked a bit older, his scales were darker, and he carried a smell that was unfamiliar to the mudwing "Hello!" he called out to him waving his talon excitedly and bounding over to him "Im otter!!! I haven't seen you around yet." he said with a chuckle "who are you?"

Caiman jumped at the voice, looking around to see where it had come from, before peering down below. Oh. It was another MudWing.
He raised an eyebrow at them. What does he mean he never seen me around? I'm the King for dragon's sake! Caiman cleared his throat before answering the, quite frankly, ridiculous question. "Hello. My name is Caiman." He huffed, taking another bite out of the cow leg.

"hmm... doesn't sound familiar but hey it's a large kingdom!" he said moving and sitting down next to him "so where do you live? I live down by the barracks with my siblings," he said with a wide smile "they keep saying I'm 'not big enough to go with them' but I'm one of the oldest" he said opening up very easily "Have you been in battle? I hear it's bad but I think I can handle it" Otter continued, it would take three iron clamps to shut him up. But the mudwing was clearly very dragonet-like so his innocence shown through

Caiman's ears lay flat against his head as he grumbled something underneath his breath. This dragon sure can talk someone's ears off...
His gaze remained on the river down below as he spoke. "I live up in the castle." He continued, squinting his eyes. The scars on his eye became more visible as he did so. "I've been in plenty of battles. Mostly major ones." Caiman took another big chomp of the cow leg, licking the bone clean before tossing it down into the water down below, watching as it was washed away by the current.

The smaller mudwing seemed to light up like a torch as he looked at him with admeration "Wow!!! How is it? I hear its scary but I really wanna see it for myself" he said looking proud his dragonet-like innocence blinding him from the fact that war was terrible, he was never allowed to see the wounded when they returned since he would be sent to do meaningless chores just to shield him from seeing the blood, broken wings, and burnt/frozen corpses. "One of these days I'm gonna kill the icewing that hurt my sister" he growled a little as his claws sunk into the ground. His sister was the oldest of the group, her name was Hippo and she had been in a bottle where an icewing had torn off her wings and blinded her, she luckily survived and Otter spent most of his time caring for her

Caiman turned his head slightly towards the MudWing, brow raised. "I don't think you want to be apart of a bloodbath." His voice lowered as he added, "That's all it really is." He never particularly liked war. Personally, he'd never thought war was really necessary. Instead of sending innocent lives out to fight for you because you can't get what you want, why not just talk it out.. like adults? Then again, the other queens were horrible to talk to. Staying as far away from them as possible was what he preferred.
"Anyways, about your sister, I hope she's doing alright."

"She is!!!" he said with a wide smile looking prideful "one of us are always by her side!" he said his tail swaying "and I'll do anything if it means getting that icewing" he snarled with a mean voice

(sorryyyy for the asbsence! was backed up on art i owed and really had to get those done, which ended up with me being really drained afterwards lol)

Caiman smiled slightly. He admired that the dragon cared so deeply for his sister. If only his own family cared for him like that..
He stood. "I'd best get going now. I'm sure my guards are.. probably wondering where I'm at right now," he chuckled. "It was nice talking to you." His smile dropped as he turned and began to walk off.

Otter waved at him as he left "I hope I see you around!!" he said before grabbing a fish out of the water and humming as he walked away with it, he loved meeting new people. currently, he was trying to become friends with a skywing who comes around often but his efforts seemed futile

Caiman made his way back to the castle. Aside from the guards, he didn't consider himself to have many friends. Hell, he wasn't even sure if he considered the guards his friends. Their sole duty was just to protect him from danger. Meeting a new dragon was refreshing for once instead of seeing the same faces he woke up to every morning. It left a sort of.. happy feeling almost? Ugh, what was he thinking. Now wasn't the time for that. He has duties to tend to and making buddy with a talkative MudWing wasn't his top priority right now.

Caiman climbed up onto his throne, getting himself comfortable as the guard on his right passed him a long scroll. "You've got tons to do, Your Majesty," they remarked. Caiman only grunted, taking a moment to read over the scroll. Dipping his talon into a bowl of black paint next to him, he began scribbling something onto the parchment.

Otter hummed as he made his way to the hut where his sister resided, Hippo smiled a bit when Otter entered "Back so soon little brother?" she asked while adjusting herself as Otter gave her the fish "Duh! how could I leave you alone?" he said with a wide smile as she ate. Otter loved caring for his oldest sibling since it gave him a purpose and let him have some one to talk to

Caiman spent the next couple of hours filling out letters and having meetings with queens from other tribes. By the end of it all, he was exhausted.
Once he arrived back at his place, he trudged up to his room and plopped down into his soft bed of leaves. It took no time for him to quickly fall into a deep sleep.

Tomorrow would be yet another day of running errands.

After chatting Hippo's ears off he went out to talk to everyone else he knew, which was a lot so after being out all day he came back to his hut and curled up next to his sister. his life was simple but it was amazing. Otter wouldn't change it for the world

---

The bright morning sun awoke Caiman, causing him to shield his old, sensitive eyes. "Urgh.." he groaned, pushing himself up out of his nest. He picked up his crown, which sat next to him, open for anyone to sneak in his room and take. But nobody would ever dare sneak into his room, so he had nothing to worry about.
Caiman placed the crown atop his head and left the room, making his way down the palace and out the door, not at all bothering to stop and get something to eat for himself.

Since it was still morning, not a ton of MudWings were out and about right now, but he'd give it a few more hours before the place started bustling with life again.
Today was going to be.. a little stressful to say the least. A meeting with the IceWing Queen was set for later today and if he had to be honest- the current IceWing Queen was the last dragon he wanted to speak to. She was stuck-up, snarky, self-centered, and every other negative word one could think of. But, she requested a meeting and Caiman would be lying if he said he wasn't curious on what she wanted from him.
So to mentally prepare himself, he stalked off to a secluded place in the MudWing territory. It was one of the more muddier areas; perfect for mud baths. Obviously having a mud bath before a meeting with a queen was a bad idea, but he'd wash himself off in a river later, no big deal. Right now was his relaxation time.
Caiman took off his crown and leaped into the mud, his usual scowl being replaced with a happy smile!

Otter stretched as he slowly woke up, Otter couldn't stand sleeping in so he was always up with the sun. he left his hut and stretched his wings, he didn't fly that often so getting the chance to was incredible to him. The small mudwing took to the sky and started doing some rounds of the kingdom; that was when he saw a familiar dragon in a muddy area "CAIMEN!!!" he said practically nosediving next to him "Im so glad to see you again!!" he said hopping up and down like an excited dragonet

Caiman's head perked up, his brows furrowed in confusion and a scowl reappearing on his features. Who could possibly be bothering me now?
His gaze caught sight of another dragon flying right towards him, so he scooted over a bit so as not to collide with them. "Eh?" He squinted at the dragon. Who was this MudWing? His mind was still a little fuzzy and tired, especially from all the running around he was doing the day before. The King scratched his head. "Who... are you again?"

"Its me! Otter" He said with a wide smile "we talked yesterday, remember?" he asked sounding confused nobody had ever forgotten Otter before so this was new to him "whatcha doing?" he asked with a wide smile

Users who are viewing this thread

Back