• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 1x1 Original Creations

Mayali

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi.
This is my second time posting in the 1x1 interest check section and...let's just say I'm still unsure what information I should put into one of these things. Let's start with that I am an adult female interested in writing some 1x1 RP, I'll be holding myself to the same standards as what I'll put into a 'looking for' section in this post. If you're interested in possibly RPing with me, then feel free to DM me onsite here or over on Discord.

LOOKING FOR
Adult age
Willing to write MxM or MxF relationships
Willing to partake in world-building
Can manage 3+ decent-sized IC paragraphs in 1x1. OOC length depends on what topic is being discussed.
Life happens. My technology here is old so it won't always let me give advance notice when I must take an LOA, so I also won't hold my RP partners to having to give advance notice...but if it take more than a few weeks or a month to post, then I'll poke you in OOC...feel free to poke me back if I seem to be absent.

PAIRING IDEAS
Divine BeingxChangeling
Divine BeingxReincarnated as mortal Divine Being/Demon
Emperor/KingxEnemy Spy
Ex-Vengeful GhostxSidhe
Male SaintxChangeling
Male SaintxHumanoid Magical Creature
PiratexHumanoid Mythical Creature

PLOT EXAMPLES (Will add more when I have time)
There are four separated realms: The Heavenly, The Demonic, The Mortal, and the Fae. While any race can enter the Mortal Realm, the other realms only allow those bearing their domain's magic to pass through...with the exception being the male Winter Changelings and the female Summer Changelings. Those two contain elements of most of the realms but the Divine Beings of the Heavenly Realm seem hell-bent on killing off any such Changelings that can traverse the Realms. Enter the only Divine Being who remained in the Mortal Realm to await a male Winter Changeling or female Summer Changeling for reasons that aren't recorded anywhere.

The Sidhe Realm is connected to a multiverse of Human Worlds. When Humanity's adeptness with metals toxic to the Sidhe became dangerous to the Sidhe, they sealed their realm off from the Human Worlds, using good will of strong individuals in those worlds to power the barrier. Every so often Sidhe are sent out on coming-of-age trips to spread goodwill by fulfilling wishes on the worlds. A Sidhe fulfills the wish of a vengeful ghost and the ghost turns his obsessive nature to be haunting the Sidhe. This idea has the potential to have various genres available since there are various Human Worlds the Ghost and Sidhe could end up on.

Heaven and Hell once existed. Remnants of their power remain behind in the Human world, with Hell's remnant all pooling together into one place where an empire built a grand palace over it. Heaven's remnants were scattered outside the empire to be mainly absorbed by the monsters who made their home around those areas. Over the many centuries since then only a few Humans ever appeared with holy power and they became known as Saints or Saintess. A church rose around them but was small as most people had already grown used to using magic rather than relying on holy power. Therefore, when the Empire's forces eventually turned against the church, wiping them out and taking charge over the last Saint to have appeared, no one missed the church. That Saint, however, has remained unaging and it began striking those outside the Royal Palace like the Emperor or Empress has some sort of actual control over said Saint. Many years later a mage outside the palace created what (s)he considered an expendable Magical Creature meant to infiltrate the palace to discover the secrets of the Saint and the Royal Family's control over him.

Last edited:
Hello! I've been looking through the non-fandom threads, and yours is the closest to what I'm looking for. I'm personally looking to RP on this site rather than Discord, so if that's a deal-breaker then I apologize.

I have a few questions! Firstly, how do you personally conceptualize changelings? I've seen them represented in many ways over the years, so I'm hoping to get a better picture of your world(s). Secondly, what sorts of non-human characters do your settings allow? I've always wanted to play a humanoid rabbit, but I know that's a niche that can cause hesitation for many people. I don't need a full-on anthro/furry setting, don't worry; I've just had this character in mind for a long time and I'd love a chance to try him out. (To be clear, this isn't necessarily a deal-breaker for me - I would just love the chance!)

Lastly, since it sounds like you want romance to be a part of the RP, are there any character archetypes that you'd prefer not to pair with? I prefer to play softer, kinder characters who grow and become braver over time. I'm interested, but I also want you to find an RP partner who meshes well with you!

Edit: Also, I'm fine with either MxM or MxF pairings! In real life I'm biromantic and ace, so that works out well.

Hello! I've been looking through the non-fandom threads, and yours is the closest to what I'm looking for. I'm personally looking to RP on this site rather than Discord, so if that's a deal-breaker then I apologize.

I have a few questions! Firstly, how do you personally conceptualize changelings? I've seen them represented in many ways over the years, so I'm hoping to get a better picture of your world(s). Secondly, what sorts of non-human characters do your settings allow? I've always wanted to play a humanoid rabbit, but I know that's a niche that can cause hesitation for many people. I don't need a full-on anthro/furry setting, don't worry; I've just had this character in mind for a long time and I'd love a chance to try him out. (To be clear, this isn't necessarily a deal-breaker for me - I would just love the chance!)

Lastly, since it sounds like you want romance to be a part of the RP, are there any character archetypes that you'd prefer not to pair with? I prefer to play softer, kinder characters who grow and become braver over time. I'm interested, but I also want you to find an RP partner who meshes well with you!

Edit: Also, I'm fine with either MxM or MxF pairings! In real life I'm biromantic and ace, so that works out well.
I was big on Irish mythology when I was growing up, so my concept of Changeling are based on fairies, demons, etc. kidnapping and replacing human/mortal children with a supernatural creature that was made to look like the original child.

I'm not that big on full-on anthro/furry either, but uh... A humanoid rabbit could possibly come under Humanoid Magical Creature or Divine Being being able to look however he or she wants to look. As for character archetypes, my preference depends on the plotline or pairing more than on me preferring certain archetypes. I'd say either Divine Being pairing or either Male Saint pairing could go have either one in those pairing be a softer, kinder character. Though as a note, I'm somewhat partial to playing the Male Saint in the latter pairings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back