• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

1x1 or small group search to revitalize worlds

Dov

People Eater
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, I’m Dov. I have 13 years rp experience and I’m looking to revitalize a few worlds with a reset and fresh muses. I am not looking for new partners under age 21, or with fewer than 8 years experience. Granted you meet the first parameter, I don’t need to state other obvious ones regarding spelling and godmoding and blah blah. As far as post length goes, flow is much more important to me than length. I prefer partners who use multiple characters, not necessarily at the same time, but somebody who could go to a different encounter if another is getting a little stale. Yes to romance, yes to everything on a different platform, again, when it works with the flow of the story organically. I’ll list the worlds I’m looking to renew in order from least success to most. However, all the worlds listed have sustained successful rp for at least 3 years, and as many as 7 with a single partner. Within the worlds, I prefer not to work with a very specific plot, but rather with an over-arching conflict that makes room for smaller ones, to avoid limiting which characters can participate.

1.       Medieval Fantasy

The kingdom of Verfor is at war with the kingdom of Dalbani and losing. Verfor is ruled by an extremely ineffective, unpleasant, and aggressive king (open position) who likes the idea of war, but is terrible with strategy, and has awful foresight. The king’s right-hand and high general (open position) is level-headed, cold, and entirely aware of the king’s inefficacy. Most of the information that needs to go to the king goes through his right-hand first because the right-hand is better at paperwork and less likely to send you to the dungeon for trying to speak to the king. The kingdom itself is fairly large, the castle looms over a bustling city center, which loosens into farmland as it sprawls outward, and is ringed in forested area on its outer edges. The forested area is home to thieves and hermits. The wilds in general are home to mythical beasts, your typical dragons and unicorns and fairy things and whatnot.

2.       Underground Operation

The setting is a non-specified, sprawling, urban city. This city has a terrible problem with organized crime with a clear-cut hierarchy that keeps it too well-organized for the authorities to dismantle. They’re only able to get a chink in it when some level destabilizes, which does happen here and there. The organization as a whole is actually pretty good at keeping violence to a minimum, at least when it comes to those who aren’t involved. Besides that though, there’s a rampant drug problem, arms-dealing, sex-trade, a niche for illegal surgeries and organ harvesting, counterfeit this and that, you name it. Originally, this world existed for Pokemon gijinkas so if that’s something you like, it works pretty well in this setting, and if it’s something you don’t like, it works perfectly fine with run-of-the-mill humans.

3.       Demons in the Desert

This is the largest world, but the setting is usually limited to an unspecified desert-scape marked by real places, either on the Arabian Peninsula or North Africa. As far as the world goes, picture a sub sandwich. The earth as we know it is a layer in the middle of the sandwich. The layers adjacent to it are other realms, Heaven and Hell, which are close enough to the earth realm that they come up a lot in our mythology. Other nearby layers include a sort of fairy-tale realm, and Limbo, a fairly empty realm. There are other realms further out that the earth-realm is less in touch with, but may appear occasionally in our mythology. It sounds more cluttered than it is, it’s not that bad if you keep the majority of the rp in a particular area, and leaves room for loads of different characters.

The over-arching conflict involves an event that occurred a couple thousand years ago. Previously, Hell was ruled by Lucifer. However, Lucifer is not the most stable guy, and he goes a bit over-board with the whole ‘chaos’ thing, destabilizing the boundaries that divide the realms. He’s over-thrown by some organized hellions, assisted by the powers that govern the realms, the fates. Lucifer is deposed and slinks off to hide under the radar for a while and regain power, and a new, more level-headed ruler of Hell is instated. This is not a universally popular turn of events, and a group of hellion demons decides to defect to Earth to avoid the change in government and await the return of Lucifer to assist him in his eventual return to power. However, Lucifer is both squirrely and lazy and the demons end up stranded on Earth, limited to the deserts because it’s the only climate they can tolerate.

Fast-forward to the present day. The borders between realms are destabilizing again and Lucifer is suspect, though he hasn’t surfaced. The only remaining connection to him is the little group of demons who are still wandering the desert, dealing with humans, avoiding demon-hunters and angels, and generally trying to survive. As far as this world goes, the demons are mine and I usually manage Lucifer, though I’m happy to share if somebody were interested in him. This is a great world for other demons, angels, fairy-tale things, humans, demon-hunters, researchers (I usually stick a lab somewhere for humans studying the demons on the dl), whatever else you can come up with.

As complicated and helter-skelter this world sounds, it really does work beautifully. If I left any gaps or worded anything weirdly, please don’t hesitate to ask about it. If I have interest from multiple people in any of the worlds, maybe we could do a small group or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this a little after the fact, but I did PM you about potentially starting up a one on one!

Hiya! I will confess it's been less than 8 years since I've started role-playing (though I've been fiction writing for a while longer, so I like to think I'm pretty literate and capable of character/plot development, not god modding and that junk). If you'd be interested in role-playing with me otherwise send me a PM ^ 3 ^ I love your ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back