• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[1x1] Matched Together

Mr. Marzon let out a surprised gasp and released his son's ear when he heard Ezra's words. He couldn't believe it! She was quite the spunky girl to speak to him like that! He glanced to Henry, however, and tilted his head to examine him. His son did seem to be struggling a little...

"Hmph, don't put words in my mouth, girl," he replied to Ezra. "I will go find a doctor for my son. Take him back to the dining room and I'll go fetch one." The man gave Henry a shove--causing him to stumble into Ezra--before turning around to exit the area.

Ezra glared at Mr. Marzon as she gripped onto Henry's arm. "I expect to called by my name or nothing at all." she turned to Henry. "Come on." she tugged on his arm leading him back to the dining room and pulled out a chair for the boy to sit in.

Henry followed along after Ezra like a nearly limp doll. He clutched his throat and rubbed the area, praying that somehow the swelling would start to go down.

His mother gasped and stood u when her son entered the room and she saw his condition. "Henry?! What happened?"

Earl stood up as well, tilting his head. "To me it seems as if he's having an allergic reaction. We should have a servant fetch him some ice."

"R-Right away," Henry's mother replied, calling a servant over to issue them an order to bring some ice.

"Did my husband leave to get a doctor for him?" she asked, worried.

"W-Well you seem rather calm about it!" Henry's mother exclaimed, sounding panicked. "What if he suffocates to death!?"

Henry wheezed and averted his gaze from his mother's, starting to feel uncomfortable with her panicked tone of voice. He wasn't going to suffocate! At least, he really, really hoped that he wouldn't.

"Now, now, milady, calm down. I'm certain We'll get this taken care of. Here comes the servant back with some ice," Earl replied, glancing to the servant for a moment before turning his attention to Ezra. "Perhaps Ezra and I will go for a walk to get used to the grounds of your manor until this gets straightened out. So long as that's something she wishes to do," he said, glancing to her. "Or would you rather stay here?" he asked her.

Ezra lifted her brow looking up at Henry's mother. She swallowed her bite of food reading her reply, but Earl cut in before she could speak. She closed her mouth looking back down at the food. "No, I think it might do some good to get away from here actually." She stood up out of her seat dropping her fork onto her plate.

Pleased with Ezra's reply, Ear wiped his mouth with a napkin before standing up. A walk with Ezra would be a perfect way to assess how her manners were coming along, not to mention a chance to coach her on anything she still may have needed to know after becoming a noble. "Very well, this will be a most pleasant morning for a walk. Let us be off, my dear," he said before offering a hand to Ezra to help her up.

Ezra looked at Earl's hand and held back a "seriously? You won't even let me finish breakfast" expression. She took his hand standing up. She followed him outside and away from all the excitement.

Earl helped Ezra up and then took his cane from where he had sat it beside the table. He began to walk outside beside her, frowning once the two of them were finally alone. "What was that look about? I only wanted to get us out of there to help us avoid some of the drama going on with that family. If you ask me, they should solve their own family drama before bringing a new member into said family." He huffed and tapped his cane on the ground in frustration, making his way toward the garden area of the home.

Ezra followed after Earl. "He's trying to kill himself. I'm not about to marry someone who is suicidal. I'll be blamed for his death for sure." she folded her arms across her chest. Her eyes scanned the area ahead trying to figure out where they were headed.

Upon hearing Ezra's words, Earl burst out laughing. "You sound a bit annoyed, my dear. If he wants to kill himself that's actually a good thing. Just make sure he does it after the two of you are married otherwise you won't inherit any of his fortune."

Ezra shook her head. "I wouldn't be entitled to anything either way. And in no way is that a good thing. I would be blamed. I'm always blamed." she folded her arms across her chest. "I won't be blamed." she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Oh don't be silly. You'd never be blamed for anything," Earl replied to Ezra, tapping his cane along the ground as they walked along. "If he kills himself, that's his problem, not yours or mine. Remember, the two of us are working together which means we're on the same side. If you go down that means I would go down too, and I won't let that happen." It was already apparent that the only person Earl really cared for was himself, so he truly wasn't lying about that. "But anyhow, we don't exactly plan on him dying. So we'll have to keep our secret as if he's going to live. If he kills himself it will just be a pleasant surprise."

Ezra nodded a bit reassured by Earl's clarification. She looked back at the mansion behind her wondering what was going on inside. "I can't stand him. He thinks he's so much better than me. It's like he is trying to push my buttons." She folded her arms across her chest letting out a huff in frustration. "How much longer do I have to put up with him?"

Earl walked along, gazing at the garden of the manor as they made their way into it. When he heard Ezra's question, Earl frowned slightly. "Do you mean your fiancé, or his father? Because I think having a fiancé means you marry him and you're always with him," he replied, slightly sarcastic. "However, if it's the father who you're worried about, I believe once you are married and have some of the power of the family you will have some say in getting away from him. Perhaps you could convince your husband-to-be to make him leave after you're married."

Ezra shook her head. "No, I was asking when is it that we get married, so I can get out of here?" she clarified. Her eyes darted around the garden. She hadn't seen plants tamed in such away. It seemed like ht rich tried to tame everything possible. It was a strange beauty to look at.

Earl raised an eyebrow. Sometimes he couldn’t quite understand how this unrefined girl spoke. It would most certainly need to be something they worked on. “I haven’t agreed on a date yet with Henry’s parents, but I assume we will settle for a week or two. And honestly, you won’t be getting out of here. You’re marrying into the family, so you have to live with them.” He snickered. “Unless you intend on running away. Which shouldn’t really be a problem if that’s what you wish to do so long as you wait until I get my wealth first.” He didn’t think Henry’s family would allow her to leave though. Once they were married, he was certain the two would be stuck together.

Ezra nodded, "of course. I wouldn't want to screw you over." she rolled her eyes. "After we are married, I don't have to do anything. I'm getting out of here as soon as I can. There is no way I'm spending the rest of my life with him." She folded her arms across her chest making sure her words were clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back