• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

19th Century War and Diplomacy RP

I'm keeping my nations pop around 30 mil, as I only have have a few truly urbanized regions within my rather large land.

(Tilerian Imperium)

State: Imperial Dictatorship, the Imperator rules with absolute authority in all fields.

Name: The Tilerian Imperium

Flag:
grunge-flag-kazakhstan-6154206.jpg

Statehood: Imperator has absolute authority, with only minor power held within minor councils.

Leader: Imperator Rycherd Alistair
593906883fca6089d5201ee42e1d9df2--milkshake-recipes-milkshakes.jpg

Capital: Tilea

Currency: Tilean Crowns

Political tenets: Dictatorship, enslavement, expansion, military expansion.

Civil services: Imperial Dragoons(Peace keeping force), Imperial Science Department, Colonial Administration, Imperial Construction Bureau.

Diplomacy: Maintains an isolationist standpoint.

Geography and Culture

Map:

Population: 22 Million

Language: Tilean

Natural resources: Large coal and Iron reserves in the southern territories, fertile fields in the north. Large forests on the small island the Imperium controls.

Major Cities:
Tilea-Capital City, founding location of the Imperium.
Trenga-Major port city of the Imperium, located on the small island to the north of the capital.
Sentra-Mining capital of the south.

Provinces: Capital province, southern province, eastern province, colonial territory.

Landmarks:

Architecture:
300px-P1020390.JPG

Culture: Tilerian culture revolves around military supremacy, and aggressive policies to all other cultures they see as beneath their own. Strict loyalty to the state and religious body, and subjugation of all those beneath their own class. Military service is highly encouraged, as both men and women are allowed to serve in the Tilerian Military.

Religion

State religion: Holy Court

Religious groups: Court of Titus, Court of Grantus, Court of Ulan.

Economics

Economy: The Tilerian economy revolves almost entirely around a slave labor force, taken from constant wars of expansion and raids. Almost every manual labor job in the Imperium, and other low class jobs, are done by this class, under strict supervision of the Imperial Dragoons. What little trade the Imperium does is based around Trenga.

Three quarters of the Tilerian economy is focused on military funding and expansion. Warships, military arms, and regimental training are a constant affair. The borders are always being pushed outwards, lending funds and farm land to the ever growing Imperium.

Infrastructure: Tilerian society is largely based in cities spread across the Northern territories. Large farming villages and town dot the Southern territories.

Military

Army:
700,000 standing soldiers, 50,000 Imperial Dragoon reserves.

Navy:
Roughly 400 naval vessels of varying sizes and classes.

Other Units:
Fifty regiments of mounted cavalry.
Twenty regiments of artillery units.

Technology:
Rem-RB.011.jpg

Russ_107mm_5.JPG

images

ship.png

Interventions:
The Imperium intervenes in all minor conflicts near their borders, using them as excuses to invade and conquer.

History:
The Imperium was founded by a union of three native tribes. Years of bloodshed and war were put aside to form a new united force against those around them. Their armies, people, and Gods were all mixed together to form the ancient Imperium. They rapidly used their combined might to expand and conquer other tribes near them, until they held a territory larger than any tribe had ever held before. With this rapid expansion, and the rich resources and workforce it brought in, the Imperium was able to begin a technological development era that catapulted them forward.

Since then, the Imperium's regiments have steadily pushed eastward, conquering every tribe they encounter, and establishing the Imperium's control over these new lands.

WIP​

Last edited:
(Tilerian Imperium)

State: Imperial Dictatorship, the Imperator rules with absolute authority in all fields.

Name: The Tilerian Imperium

Flag:
grunge-flag-kazakhstan-6154206.jpg

Statehood: Imperator has absolute authority, with only minor power held within minor councils.

Leader: Imperator Rycherd Alistair
593906883fca6089d5201ee42e1d9df2--milkshake-recipes-milkshakes.jpg

Capital: Tilea

Currency: Tilean Crowns

Political tenets: Dictatorship, enslavement, expansion, military expansion.

Civil services: Imperial Dragoons(Peace keeping force), Imperial Science Department, Colonial Administration, Imperial Construction Bureau.

Diplomacy: Maintains an isolationist standpoint.

Geography and Culture

Map:

Population: 22 Million

Language: Tilean

Natural resources: Large coal and Iron reserves in the southern territories, fertile fields in the north. Large forests on the small island the Imperium controls.

Major Cities:
Tilea-Capital City, founding location of the Imperium.
Trenga-Major port city of the Imperium, located on the small island to the north of the capital.
Sentra-Mining capital of the south.

Provinces: Capital province, southern province, eastern province, colonial territory.

Landmarks:

Architecture:
300px-P1020390.JPG

Culture:

Religion

State religion:

Religious groups:

Economics

Economy:

Infrastructure:

Military

Army:

Navy:

Other Units:

Technology:

Interventions:

History

WIP​

Cool to have a militaristicaly aggressive state! A question, do you see your nation being a southern, central or northern state?

It will be a southern state. I am wanting to have it be in that South-Eastern area at the bottom of the map, with large control heading east, and the island just above that.

Moldie Moldie

Last edited:
It will be a southern state. I am wanting to have it be in that South-Eastern area at the bottom of the map, with large control heading east, and the island just above that.

Moldie Moldie

Something like this, as in the large blue territory to the south east? Tell me if i'm completely off or if you want me to change anything!

Europeawip6.png

Alright so other than some other people finishing up their sheets, are we ready to start? Do we need to ask any important questions or would we be good to go?

I'm practically ready, I just need to figure out a bit larger population for my country but that shouldn't hold us back. Same for small cultural details I'll make up just for fun (food, music, etc).

I’m almost ready, I just have to finish my CS up. Sorry it’s taken me so long, I’ve been really busy this past week. I think once everyone has their countries all set up we are pretty much ready to go.

Finally finished with my CS, I’ll delete the other version

The Republic of Self Determination (RSD)

State

Statehood: Democratic Republic with a strong federal government and a powerful executive.

Leader: President Thomas Jackson

Capital: Podence

Currency: Creds

Political tenets: Liberty, personal freedoms, self-protective economic and foreign policies, places value on an internal free market

Civil services: Local and state police, firefighters, state sponsored hospitals

Doplomacy: (Allies and Enemies)

Work towards spreading influence across the continent, no allies or enemies yet.

Geography and Culture

Population: Around 26,000,000 people

Language: English

Natural resources: The RSD is abundant in lumber, iron ore, and coal. Sparse patches of oil spread throughout country, denser in northern region.

Major Cities:

Cascade Valley - 2.900.000

New Ambler - 2.140.000

Tappen Grove - 1.180.000

Paunac - 900.000

New Haven - 860.000

Culture: The people of the RSD very much gravitate around the idea that a man should lift himself up by his own bootstraps, and such are hyper-focused on creating a better future for themselves and their children. Within the republic, there is conflict between two ideologies that dominate national politics: An isolationist, “City on the Hill” mentality, and a growing desire from many of the citizens for the RSD to find its place on the world stage.

Religion.

State religion: Due to the RSD’s diverse and largely immigrant population, there is no state recognized religion.

Religious groups:

The largest religious group in the republic is Simplism, which gravitates around the idea that, after death, a person is judged based on their principles and work ethic. If a man is an honest worker and morally sound, he’ll live a lavish after-life and achieve salvation. If not, he’ll be sent back down to the often cruel and non forgiving planet earth.

Economics

Economy: The RSD has recently become an economic powerhouse, mostly because of its ability to produce a steady stream of both raw and manufactured goods. It has a large farming and mining population (focused mainly towards the eastern and northern sections of the country) who both supply the new but booming industry, and sell their goods on the world market. The west is very industry-based, and it is the main exporter of the nation. Because of it’s ability to produce goods rapidly at a much cheaper cost (dues to eastern/northern suppliers), it has done very well on the world economy.

Infrastructure: Government investments in shipping and travel systems (ie railroads and stone roads) to stimulate industry and cities,

Military

Because of its isolationist past, the military strength of the RSD has historically been pretty pitiful. However, with recent widespread economic success and a surge in patriotism nation-wide, the people of the republic are beginning to reconsiderbthe RSD’s position in the world. Due to this, the government has been increasing military strength and funding exponentially.

Army:

While traditionally the RSD army served more as a way for aspiring politicians to earn political clout, and less as an organization protecting national security, the organization since then has gone a full 180. The army now consists of a rapidly growing 400.000 infantrymen, and due to the RSD’s relatively high population demand to join is high. The government is also investing heavily in cannons/mortars, and the training of calvarlymen has begun.

Navy:

Because of strong corporate interest in having some sort of naval protection of their rights to sell abroad, the republic has always had a relatively capable, yet unimpressive navy. As the construction of iron-clad warships was nearing completion, many believed that the RSD’s naval campaign would end. Newly elected President Jackson, however, has laid out an even more ambitious naval spending plan that would double the capacity of the republic for warships

Interventions:

Seeing as the military power of the RSD is relatively new, the republic has never had an option to intervene in an international affair before.

Attachments

• BD55B779-CDB5-480A-BED9-CB098DF104FD.jpeg
    BD55B779-CDB5-480A-BED9-CB098DF104FD.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
I'd like to finish up the map before we start, and eveyone needs to keep in mind that no one can jump in midgame, onky if we introduce the new continent at a later point.

Perhaps it would be suitable if those who feel like they can and want to can take control of a secondary or even more nations that we don't sink as much time into. I would be happy to take over one or two of these. Perhaps we only play as them if they're contacted by another nation.

Another option is that they're all controlled by everyone, as you interact with them. The problem with this is coherence as everyone might envision how one of these nations might act different from someone else.

I'd love to play as the rebels east of my nation, as described in my nation's history. I could also take control of some other city-states or rebel tribes. However, I don't think EVERY inch of the map shuld be filled up, as it would take up too much time. Just having some "free land" allows a bit of expansion and trade between nations who are a but further away from eacht other.

And yes, it'd be better to have some people control "secondary nations", but they have to be completely independent of the real nations of course.

I suggest we also make a rule that these nations can't expand, that these nation's can only be neutral or hostile towards the creator's main nation, and that, if someone's secondary nation gets attacked, they are not allowed to get salty about it xD
This is just a proposal, and feel free to criticize or deny it, but we could make it like this:

Askira Imperium (yellow/green circle):

- military dictatorship

- about 2,3 million people

- hostile towards the Kashai Empire

- 180,000 soldiers, footmen focus

- medium military equipment

- economic focus: lumber, weapons

Koloch Tribes (purple circle):

- tribal society

- about 1,7 million people

- neutral

- 110,000 soldiers, cavalry focus

- low military equipment

- economic focus: fish, meat

The independent kingdom of Marius and Murok (black circle):

- dual monarchy

- about 450,000 people

- neutral

- 55,000 soldiers, naval focus

- high military equipment

- economic focus: trade, spices

15ppum1.png

You know, I just realized something myself. What would the timescale be for posting? A day? A month, or a year? Who decides the outcomes of battles?

Sorry guys, school and personal stuff have slowed down my CS progress. I'm about halfway done with my CS, sorry for the inconvenience!

You know, I just realized something myself. What would the timescale be for posting? A day? A month, or a year? Who decides the outcomes of battles?

I'd at the rathest preffered going down a month or even less per post. Battles can either be decided via dice, a third party spectator can decide or it can br a decision between players.

A month sounds good. And I'd say numbers, equipment, geography and stuff like that matter as well, so there needs to be a third party to help decide, yes.

I would suggest 1 turn/post batch = 1 month. That's 12 turns per in-game year, so if we want some noticeable progression but don't want to fly through decades, it might be a good option. I was even going to suggest weeks, but that is probably too grind-y.

For resolving battles, I may be able to scrounge something up from my experiences with forum "wargames." Or I might be able to make our own dice-based system.

I would suggest 1 turn/post batch = 1 month. That's 12 turns per in-game year, so if we want some noticeable progression but don't want to fly through decades, it might be a good option. I was even going to suggest weeks, but that is probably too grind-y.

For resolving battles, I may be able to scrounge something up from my experiences with forum "wargames." Or I might be able to make our own dice-based system.

Turning it down to weeks would perhaps make wars/production/technology grinding but it would allow some focus on characters. Months might still be the best option though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back