• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

19th Century War and Diplomacy RP

Moldie

Modpurger Edgelord
I launched a similar Rp to this a few months ago, but after much progress it was very suddenly extinguished. I now want to check up on the interest for an RP like this? We're talking the late 1800's where inventions such as machineguns, trains, cameras, steamboats and the modern rifle start to dawn, i've always found the era immensely interesting with everything from the clothing and culture to the wars and figures interesting me.

This is not an rp where we use earth's map or history as any sort of basis, we make our own nations and map and then play it out in a game of everything from personal intrigue to the grandest of battles being a part of it.

Interested. I already have a nation in mind from a story I started writing that involves a fictional nation in the 1890s.

Do you have a start date in mind?

Interested. I already have a nation in mind from a story I started writing that involves a fictional nation in the 1890s.

Do you have a start date in mind?

Well, assuming you mean when I intend to start the thread, perhaps sometime this week given those who are intrested can turn in sheets and such in good time.

Ah, perhaps sometime during the summer? Any prefered date?

No preferred date really. I guess in general a longer timeline/earlier start date = more technology to discover/invent, but would need a faster pace to get through the years or decades. A shorter timeline/later start date = less technology to discover/invent since we start with it already, but seems necessary if the RP pace is slower.

The corollary is that even if we started later, we could spill over into the early 20th century if we need to I guess.

No preferred date really. I guess in general a longer timeline/earlier start date = more technology to discover/invent, but would need a faster pace to get through the years or decades. A shorter timeline/later start date = less technology to discover/invent since we start with it already, but seems necessary if the RP pace is slower.

The corollary is that even if we started later, we could spill over into the early 20th century if we need to I guess.

I think i'd rather preffer a shorter more in deapth timeline.

On another note, do you think there should be a installed sheet for nationmaking? Or should one be able to make the aheet however? I'm practicaly done with my nation, and we could use that sheet?

So yeah, here's the sheet i've been using. It might be missing a few thing to feel free to alter it however you want. You don't necessarily have to use this sheet either, but this contains the most important information.

(NAME)

State

Name:

Flag:

Statehood:

Leader:

Capital:

Currency:

Political tenets:

Civil services:

Doplomacy: (Allies and Enemies)
Geography and Culture

Map:

Population:

Language:

Natural resources:

Major Cities:

Provinces:

Landmarks:

Architecture:

Culture:

Religion

State religion:

Religious groups:

Economics

Economy:

Infrastructure:

Military

Army:

Navy:

Other Units:

Technology:

Interventions:

History

Can we get a map, or are we suppose to create our own for our countries?

There are two options, either everyone makes a map and we piece the together, or I make a map with claimable territory. If we make one where one can claim their own, everyone has to make in account nearby nation so that we can make things like ethnicity, language and culture at least slightly coherent.

There are two options, either everyone makes a map and we piece the together, or I make a map with claimable territory. If we make one where one can claim their own, everyone has to make in account nearby nation so that we can make things like ethnicity, language and culture at least slightly coherent.
A claimable map would be real nice.

Very well, I'll scrap something together. Now, should I make a multi continental map or simply something like Eurasia?

hey i'm still definitely interested in this and the CS is turning out pretty awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back