• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

19th Century War and Diplomacy RP

Moldie Moldie

Hate to be picky, but a few cities do need to be moved (maybe I just wasn't clear enough).

I'd like Carrighinnis to be moved down the coast to the southwest until it reaches what looks like a little landbridge type thing on the left/upper left side of that island.

Then I'd like Uilleanntra to be moved across to that island in the west. The exact position should be in that little c-shaped bay on the east side of the main part of the island (as in, not on the arm/tail). Almost like how Port au Prince is situated in Haiti, except if Haiti was flipped around I guess?

Damhford could be moved up to the lakes northwest of its current position too.

Otherwise, I'm happy.

Moldie Moldie

Hate to be picky, but a few cities do need to be moved (maybe I just wasn't clear enough).

I'd like Carrighinnis to be moved down the coast to the southwest until it reaches what looks like a little landbridge type thing on the left/upper left side of that island.

Then I'd like Uilleanntra to be moved across to that island in the west. The exact position should be in that little c-shaped bay on the east side of the main part of the island (as in, not on the arm/tail). Almost like how Port au Prince is situated in Haiti, except if Haiti was flipped around I guess?

Damhford could be moved up to the lakes northwest of its current position too.

Otherwise, I'm happy.

Got it, Something like this perhaps?

Europea3.png

My cities are looking great! And I'd be fine with colonialism but it wouldn't be a problem not to have it either. I think that the continent we're on right now hasn't that much room for colonialism, with the big lakes and chunks of land sticking out. But if you really want it, feel free to do so!

About the empty area's: Both city states and tribes sound good, and maybe you can add a few small fictional nations (for example, east of my nation 2 provinces broke away from the Empire, and they might form a small new nation)

I'm gonna have to drop out. Got a bunch going on.

I am still interested. It's simply taking long to create my country.

Lovely sheet!

So, as of the beginning of the RP i'd like to have a small diplomatic voyage arrive at your nation in order to inspect your modernization and officials. Would this be okay?

bingus44 bingus44 Welcome! Lovely to have you!

Last edited:
Okay since I have finally finished my nation profile (I think) but it's 4 pages back, I'll repost it here and delete it there.

Shanowinn

2mwf211.png

Statehood: Tanistry
--Specifically, "Ahernry" which comes from Shanowinn's old title "Ahern," or "Lord of Horses"--

Leader: Conor Eoghan Faoláin, Ahern of Shanowinn

Capital: Termon

Currency: Aheric

Population: ~15,200,000

Culture and Language: mainly Celtic in the lowlands, mainly Germanic/North Germanic in the highlands

Major Cities:
-Lowland-
Termon (Ter-mon, "Refuge")

Crannúll (cran-ool, "Apple Tree")
Uilleanntra (ill-en-trah, "Elbow Strand")

Killcappagh (kill-cap-pah, "Forest Plot")
Carrighinnis (care-ih-vin-is, "Rock Island") (partly counts as highland culturally)
-Highland-
Damhford (dafford, "Stag Ford")
Inbhearefjord (in-ver-a-fyord, "River Mouth Fjord")
Deneham (dena-ham, "Valley Homestead")

Provinces:

Maghera Ahern ("Plain (of the) Ahern")
Province capital: Termon
One notable landmark: Ahern's Palace

castlemartyr--z.jpg

Doire Úll ("Grove (of) Apples")
Province capital: Crannúll
One notable landmark: Ard Magh River

5052392880_9de9b4178a.jpg

Uilleann Island ("Elbow Island")
Province capital: Uilleanntra
One notable landmark: Craggy Arm Causeway

e64107ea31865da57fa977d3a2674d95.jpg

Clóncairn ("Meadow Cairn")
Province capital: Kilcappagh
One notable landmark: Dunon Hill Fort
(artist's impression of what it looked like in ancient/medieval times)
6913585_orig.jpg

Carrighinnis ("Rock Island")
Province capital: Carrighinnis (city)
One notable landmark: Auld Isle Whiskey Distillery and Centennial Tower

21425-1.jpg

Glendalochanna ("Valley (of) Lakes")
Province capital: Damhford
One notable landmark: Loch Fionn Caisel (Clear Lake Castle)

ireland.jpg

Mórfjord ("Great Fjord")
Province capital: Inbhearafjord
One notable landmark: The fjord

norway-fjords-lofthus-blossom-vn.jpg

Leitrdoitean ("Hillside (of) Fire")
Province capital: Deneham
One notable landmark: the immaculate colors in the hills during the right season

745261_65.jpg

Religion: traditional Owinn polytheism/paganism. There's not supposed to be a central authority although it's been tending towards that direction. A fear shanmór ("far shan-more"--"great old man") is an "elder" who is more or less chosen among families, small communities, etc. Usually they have been men but in some cases women. Owinn pagans believe in an "otherworld" rather than heaven/hell, and the deities are not necessarily omnipotent; ancestors are an important aspect as well. Owinn pagans believe that certain things automatically and inherently honor their ancestors and gods/goddesses or heroes, even if not overtly pledged or acknowledged as such. There are some common rituals, especially based around solstices and equinoxes, but Owinns still prefer to believe in the broad concept that the general "otherworld" (deities, ancestors, etc) surround them.

Economy:
-Exports-
alcohol (whiskey, beer, barleywine, mead/honey wines), horses, equestrian supplies, wool, textiles, tobacco products, lumber, foodstuffs (apples and seafood mainly), sea products, craftwork
-Imports- machinery, tobacco, foodstuffs, luxury goods, military equipment, chemicals

Infrastructure: Most modern infrastructure like railways are centered around lowland population centers, although there are some in the highlands. Water transportation is useful on lakes across the nation, and ferries are vital for the islands.

Army: About 353,000 personnel. The main distinction is between the "Mounted" and "Foot" sides of the Army; traditional designations can be common (Line Infantry still for instance). The Cavalry is seen as most prestigious given Shanowinn's age-old horse/cavalry tradition.
--Mounted: Light and Heavy Cavalry, Mounted Infantry/Dragoons, Horse Artillery, Cavalry Rangers, Logistics and support units
--Foot: Line and Highland Infantry (including Rifles), Foot Artillery, Pioneers/Engineers, Logistics and support units; militias if necessary.

I imagine the Owinn Army would look similar to these, but without the foofy hat cockades, and possibly some color changes (just imagine that "Romania" and "Serbia" aren't there lol):
Balkans_1895_-_05_Rumania_1.jpg

Balkans_1895_-_08_Serbia.jpg

Navy: green water or regional style Navy, with a foot/land branch. The main strategy for the vessels is to use the chokepoints created by the islands and peninsulas to their advantage against enemy vessels, while the land elements attempt to ward off any that get close.
--Fleets: 4 Armored Cruisers, 8 Protected Cruisers, 19 Destroyers, 13 Iron-clad littoral vessels, 52 Torpedo Boats
--Coast Guard: a paramilitary organization not expressly subordinate to the Navy, but if necessary, it can be.
--Coastal Artillery: Self explanatory, however the 'Coastal Artillery' also maintains its own infantry which guard harbors, coastal artillery batteries, etc. They are also responsible for training the Coast Guard and occasionally work with them or vice versa. Approximately 20,000 Coastal Guard Infantry.

Total Military Personnel: 380,000 @ 2.5% of population

Last edited:
If anyone needs help/inspirations for uniforms from around this era, this Uniformology page/site can be useful. It's what I used.

RUHL-00

Prints were originally by a German Moritz Rühl, published between the 1890s-1942 according to the page; most prints cover uniforms between the 1880s-1914.

If anyone needs help/inspirations for uniforms from around this era, this Uniformology page/site can be useful. It's what I used.

RUHL-00

Prints were originally by a German Moritz Rühl, published between the 1890s-1942 according to the page; most prints cover uniforms between the 1880s-1914.

Very nice resource, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back