• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy π”Έ π•Žπ•€π•‹β„π”Όβ„π•€β„•π”Ύ 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼 | OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Ki-Mono

True Crime Junkie
giphy.gif

Greetings and welcome to A Withering Life's discussion thread!

Before we continue, I feel you should know more about me. I got MADD! No, I'm not mad. (Well maybe a little lol)
MADD stands for Maladaptive Daydreaming Disorder. Which basically just means I daydream more than I should. It can get in the way of my general life. However, it also means I get to create amazing worlds in my head that usually have more detail than an average daydream, and I revisit them many times. This RP is inspired by one of many. I personally don't have the time or attention span to write a book, but am far to antsy to keep it all in my head. So, I thought an RP might be fun. I spent many days working on this, so I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

This is the thread where you chit-chat about the story and what should happen in it.​

Last edited:
Events and Status
────────────────────────────────
P R O L O G U E
xxxxxxx𝔸 𝔹𝕀𝕋𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝕄𝕆ℝℕ𝕀ℕ𝔾

xxxxxxxπ”Όπ•π”Όβ„•π•‹π•Š
The centaur have noticed the Cold Nothing is spreading at
xxan alarming rate. Discussions on what to do are high.
────────────────────────────────
fcmZWA2.gif

Last edited:
I already have a bunch of ideas for the gods and spirits the centaur worship, which will hopefully make rping the Shaman easier this time around. Plan to post about them later today, but with work, I'll see if I have the time.

I made a new post on Lore about the gods. I was gonna write about spirits too, but it's been a long day and my brain is fried.
Let me know if any of you have ideas for the gods or spirits.

Do you all feel we have enough people to start RPing?
I will be the first to make a post, so please don't make one without me.

Rage Rage that's alright. I will make the first post after work tomorrow. That way last minute players can hop in.
As a side note it will be interesting to see how the centaur deal with such a strong fighter as Zom. The centaur in general are very peaceful and only fight when need be. Having someone who lusts for violence would probably be worrisome to Shaman.

mourning star mourning star I love your characters! Did you do the art yourself?
I think Fay and Kodiak would be good friends.
P.S. Monarch are voted into the leadership position, so Terra being an apprentice to become Monarch doesn't quite fit. However she could still have been the apprentice of the past Monarch. That Monarch would have simply been teaching her the ways of whatever past Task she had. Does that make sense?

Haha, definitely not. I do draw, but I don't have the skill that those artists have. I'll add the links so you can look at other works from the artist.

Kodiak is definitely one of the most friendly characters I've ever made- I'm sure he'll try to befriend everyone that he can, especially Fay since they seem pretty similar.

So, instead of me discussing how the monarch trained Terra to become the next leader, she instead taught her one of the roles (ex. defender) and was then chosen due to her leadership skills and popularity? Is that how it works? ^^

Haha, definitely not. I do draw, but I don't have the skill that those artists have. I'll add the links so you can look at other works from the artist.

Kodiak is definitely one of the most friendly characters I've ever made- I'm sure he'll try to befriend everyone that he can, especially Fay since they seem pretty similar.

So, instead of me discussing how the monarch trained Terra to become the next leader, she instead taught her one of the roles (ex. defender) and was then chosen due to her leadership skills and popularity? Is that how it works? ^^

Yup yup!
Being an apprentice of the Monarch is obviously still a great honor, however it does not guarantee leadership

Ki-Mono Ki-Mono

.... Hi, Friend.... I recommend/ask politely if you could make a starting post unless you are doing so & it's taking some time given that you are the GM with three characters.

Sorry if this comment upsets you.

Ki-Mono Ki-Mono

.... Hi, Friend.... I recommend/ask politely if you could make a starting post unless you are doing so & it's taking some time given that you are the GM with three characters.

Sorry if this comment upsets you.

Yes. I will make one tomorrow after work. Giving people a last chance to join before starting.
So it's gonna be another day. Is that alright?
Not used to being a GM. Kinda new to RPs.
Or do people usually start asap?

As a side note, does any of the new peeps have questions about the centaur or the world they live in?
I keep forgetting half the people here weren't part of the original making of this RP

Yes. I will make one tomorrow after work. Giving people a last chance to join before starting.
So it's gonna be another day. Is that alright?
Not used to being a GM. Kinda new to RPs.
Or do people usually start asap?
Getting the RP started and having characters is important.

General speaking from experience, people usually start when a majority have characters. It's recommended that you make a introduction post then tag everyone.

Afterwards, we can go in a order-based format.

You could explain more of the world in Lore unless it'll take too long so you can just put it in OCC Thread.

As a side note, does any of the new peeps have questions about the centaur or the world they live in?
I keep forgetting half the people here weren't part of the original making of this RP
I feel like everything was answre- no never mind I have a question...ok here I go.
So do the centaurs live out in the open or have advanced into making homes or huts? (Ik it's kind of stupid but yeah)
Also does the king live in a castle and does the shaman get paid to be a shaman ??
And are the deers and horses separated or do they live in the same area?

Getting the RP started and having characters is important.

General speaking from experience, people usually start when a majority have characters. It's recommended that you make a introduction post then tag everyone.

Afterwards, we can go in a order-based format.

You could explain more of the world in Lore unless it'll take too long so you can just put it in OCC Thread.

I think it's more along the lines of I simply did not have the time to do it today sadly. Busy at work and also have a new foster to look after. Can't do it tomorrow morning because of same reasons. But I swear I'll get up the first post tomorrow evening!
I explained all I could think of in the Lore, but obviously some people may think of things I don't. Which is why I ask.

I feel like everything was answre- no never mind I have a question...ok here I go.
So do the centaurs live out in the open or have advanced into making homes or huts? (Ik it's kind of stupid but yeah)
Also does the king live in a castle and does the shaman get paid to be a shaman ??
And are the deers and horses separated or do they live in the same area?

No, no! Great questions!

Some of them live in the Mother Tree, while others live in Huts around the giant roots of said tree. They are very advanced, but in a medieval kind of way. So they can build basic homes, craft weapons, make fire, carve furniture etc. That's mainly what the Creators Task rank is.

There are two "kings", but they are called Monarchs. One is female, and she is of the Deer. The other is male and he is of the Horses. They both live at the heart of Mother Tree. (Not together, but like, different rooms lol)

No one really gets paid to do any job. The Tribe is relatively small (compared to like, a human town for exp), so they don't really have money. They all act and live as one big family really. The all have Tasks that help the Tribe survive. It's more of a duty then a job. No one is limited to one single Task, and many help in other fields they are good in. However everyone has a specialty.
I kind of got off track but basically no, they don't have money, and thus don't get paid. Of course just like in a family setting though, some might like favors in return. For exp a Caretaker may want a new outfit, so she goes to a Creator with a offering of some special vegetables from her garden in exchange etc.
I hope that all made sense.

They all live in the same area. They all consider each other family etc, however just like with us humans; they naturally have a mental separation from those who look "different". Their have been spats every once and awhile, and some difference in opinions. The horses act different from the deer and vice versa. They usually respect these differences, but that may differ from centaur to centaur.

Hope this all helped. Let me know if you guys have more questions. I will try to answer tomorrow for I am going to bed now. We will start the RP tomorrow and I will be the first to post.

D U H D U H Accepted!
Love the story btw. I can tell you put a lot of thought into it!
Btw her horn should probably not be ignored because they need horns to perform magic. But that's a side thing you can respond to on the OOC Thread or DM.
Thank you, for noticing ^_^
I did not know that they needed a horn to perform magic I went and looked back and everyone had antlers and not an actual unicorn horn (but I think can had one not sure) I fixed it though.

Thank you, for noticing ^_^
I did not know that they needed a horn to perform magic I went and looked back and everyone had antlers and not an actual unicorn horn (but I think can had one not sure) I fixed it though.

You can have whatever kind of horn you want. Doesn't have to be realistic either ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back