• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝐒 𝐘 𝐍 𝐃 𝐈 𝐂 𝐀 𝐓 𝐄 𝐃 - 𝐀 𝐍𝐨𝐢𝐫/𝐎𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐑𝐏 (𝐈𝐂)

[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/8zfCpfpy/s4.png);"][div class=info][div class=text]"Don't be an idiot-

Stay out of my way."[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=main style="margin-left: -15px;"][div class=ID]
[div class=name]Zhang Kang-Jian[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "The Bear"[/div]
[div class=title]Police Detective[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
Martin didn't answer right away, taking a few sips from the plastic water cup first. To Jian, it seemed like this was more to buy himself some time to figure out exactly what he was going to say.

"Looks like we have similar concerns, Jian," the officer said, surprising him with the use of his first name- it wasn't like the two of them were particularly friendly or close; Klint made it a point not to get friendly or close with anyone. "These new players are certainly trying to cement themselves within the criminal underworld, Crimson Blossom especially. Their rapid aggression against the other gangs does pose a threat to the delicate balance, this city has achieved. What puzzles me about the situation is the contradiction in rumors. On one side, we have a rumor that Iron Tundra and Crimson Blossom have reached a compromise or truce of sorts. While on the other, the IT are setting up shop near or in CB territory."

Jian nodded as Klint set down his empty cup on the desk. Martin continued, his expression showing obvious disappointment.

"Frustratingly and coincidentally, I don't have any new or meaningful information at the moment. Umisa didn't have enough time to gather a lot from the CB before she got handed over to the ITs and that's the last thing I know of her. She hasn't yet delivered the dead drop at our arranged sites. The dead drop is a handwritten report encrypted with a substitution cipher, you know the ones where you have to connect which letter of the alphabet corresponds with another in order to make a word. I suspect that the reason or reasons on why is she taking so long are: 1. She is in a very vulnerable position; 2. She is attempting to eke out a few more morsels of info before she reports back; 3. She's preoccupied with work the IT are giving her; and lastly 4. She is compromised. I wish I could give you more, honestly, but until she writes back I am a mouse with a blindfold in a maze."

Jian leaned back in his chair as Martin pulled out a pack of cigarettes, heaving a disappointed sigh- this had been his last solid lead.

"Well thanks anyway Klint- I appreciate it. You hear back from her, or hear anything on the streets, let me know, all right?"

As Martin stood to leave, Jian felt the need to add

"Oh and Klint? If I were you, I'd pull your agent out of there. Karmazin is on the warpath, and if she discovers any rats in her organization you know exactly what will happen to them."

After the officer had left, Jian sighed again, closing his eyes and placing a weary hand over his eyes. This is getting bad... he thought, a dark, foreboding feeling about upcoming events casting a dark pall over his mind. Someone out there was stirring up trouble- seemed determined to cause it, actually, and the fact that no one knew who it was and they hadn't been caught yet worried him more than anything that had been happening up to this point.

Definitely not good... the detective darkly reflected.

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/65yWc4v9/s2.png);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: His office

With: No one[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

[clickable name, hover tags & hidden scroll]
{coded by Ayama}
[class=box] margin: auto; width: 1000px; height: 525px; border: 4px groove #000000; background: url(https://i.postimg.cc/1XvJmX5L/NLywaW.jpg); [/class] [class=img] margin-top: 19px; width: 200px; height: 480px; border: 4px groove #000000; filter: grayscale(50%); opacity: 0.8; [/class] [class=info] width: 100%; height: 100%; opacity: 0; display: flex; flex-flow: column no wrap; justify-content: center; align-content: center; [/class] [class=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [script class=info version=2 on=mouseenter] (addClass "hover" "info") [/script] [script class=info version=2 on=mouseleave] (removeClass "hover" "info") [/script] [class=text] margin: auto; display: inline-block; font-size: 18px; color: #2f2d2d; text-shadow: 2px 2px 4px #717070; [/class] [class=main] margin-top: 19px; margin-left: -50px; width: 500px; height: 480px; [/class] [class=ID] width: 500px; border: 4px groove #000000; background-color: rgba(241, 241, 241, 0.8); [/class] [class=name] display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-weight: bold; color: #2f2d2d; [/class] [class name=name state=hover] text-decoration: underline; text-shadow: 2px 2px 4px #717070; [/class] [class=alias] display: inline-block; font-size: 25px; font-style: italic; color: #515151; [/class] [class=title] display: inline-block; font-size: 20px; color: #a1a1a1; [/class] [class=post] margin-top: -5px; width: 500px; height: 320px; border: 4px groove #000000; background-color: rgba(241, 241, 241, 0.8); font-size: 15px; color: #515151; overflow: hidden; [/class]

[class=container] --main: #C1C6CC; --accent: #12161F; position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 18.5em; height: 25em; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; background-color: var(--main); padding: 0.5em; box-shadow: 5px 5px 0px var(--accent); [/class] [class=pic] position: relative; width: 97%; height: 100%; color: #fff; background: url('https://pm1.narvii.com/6485/7e191330673dfcb5633c4ebf64a048ff7b009cb9_hq.jpg'); background-size: 135%; text-align: left; [/class] [class=name] position: relative; width: auto; height: 1.5em; font-size: 1.5em; color: var(--accent); text-transform: lowercase; text-align: left; padding-top: 14em; font-weight: 700; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px white; overflow: hidden; padding-left: 1.5em; letter-spacing: 5px; [/class] [class name=name state=hover] padding-top: 1em; padding-bottom: 15em; background-color: var(--main); transition-duration: 0.3s; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; height: auto; color: var(--accent); overflow: visible; padding: 15px 5px 15px 5px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=circlepic] width: 5em; height: 5em; border-radius: 30em; margin-left: 2em; background: url(https://pm1.narvii.com/6485/7e191330673dfcb5633c4ebf64a048ff7b009cb9_hq.jpg); background-size: 100%; margin-top: 1em; box-shadow: 3px 3px 0px var(--accent); transition-duration: 0.1s; [/class] [class name=circlepic state=hover] background: url(https://pm1.narvii.com/6485/7e191330673dfcb5633c4ebf64a048ff7b009cb9_hq.jpg); background-size: 150%; background-position: 30% 10%; transition-duration: 0.1s; [/class] [class=content] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 20em; height: 25em; color: #fff; padding-right: 2em; [/class] [class=postinfo] font-size: 0.5em; color: var(--accent); text-align: center; margin-left: -3em; line-height: 2em; text-shadow: 0.75px 0.75px 0px white; letter-spacing: 0em; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.25; [/class] [div class=container][div class=content] [div class=pic] [div class=name]
↓ Atlas
[div class=circlepic][/div]
[div class=postinfo]Location: The Gatted Goy
mood: Impatient
interactions: Lucinda
tags: _amaranth_ _amaranth_ [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=text]
"Probably further down this street. She doesn’t know it here and the little thing is quite an explorer." The woman answered him.

Atlas placed his hands inside the pockets of his overcoat. He took a few steps forward past the woman before scanning the area.

There is no way in hell that cat would still be around here.

Despite its current state, the entire street they were on frequently drew in a continuous influx of people. Cats didn’t do crowds, so the probability of any house cats loitering around the premises was at an all time low. Assuming the woman did not possess a severely low level of intelligence, she would be coming from her starting point rather than arbitrarily traversing the city streets. This would indicate that continuing past The Gatted Goy in the opposite direction was the apparent route; resulting in the woman’s subtle mocking in her tone of voice. Atlas did hate stupid questions, but sometimes you must ask stupid questions to get answers from stupid people. As a general rule, Atlas always assumes that everyone he encounters is stupid.

It was true 90% of the time.

Seconds later, the woman and Atlas silently walked side by side in synchronous pacing as they searched for her feline friend. There was not much room for discussion, as they knew little about the other; and Atlas would rather embrace the silence than to force himself into conversation. Besides, the woman was far more attractive when her mouth was kept shut in his eyes. Luckily, their trip would not be overextended as his apartment was only a few short blocks away.

Looking around, there were no significant signs that could help narrow their search. After all, why would there be? The chances of her domesticated cat never being found again were very, very high. Still, Atlas found it within himself to put forth some effort in remaining vigilant. Every so often Atlas’ vision would weave between alleyways, a glint of hope hidden within his gaze. He then stole a look at the woman, head slightly tilted.

She definitely was attractive, more so than Alexandra. Younger, softer, curvier, she certainly had a lot going for her. Though despite her exterior Atlas felt that she was concealing a very dark and malevolent aura. This fact intrigued him.

It was no big secret that the vast majority of people who hung around this part of the city were at the very least shady. After all, it was a bit of an unspoken neutral zone between cops and rivaling gangs alike. Still, she wasn’t the typical human trash that he saw from day to day. She couldn’t be a prostitute, as the prim way she carried herself spoke otherwise. She couldn’t possibly be a drug dealer either, as for some reason it seemed beneath her. No, she came off as commanding… which only added to the appeal. He pondered for a moment as to whether she had any affiliation with the local mafia, but he simply could not place her as such. However, he did not rule it out completely. So… what was her ‘profession’? He was quite curious.

He turned back, looking straight ahead. In just a few more minutes they would be standing in front of his apartment, and he would finally have an excuse to bail. Their search had yielded zero results, and he was tired of walking in the rain. Any selflessness Atlas had left felt fully depleted.

“Well, hate to break it to you lady… but this is where I’ll be-“ Atlas began before abruptly pausing in shock.

No way.

Atlas could not believe the sight before him. There it was, the Angora Turkish cat of the hour, curiously scratching at his apartment’s window.
[/div] [/div][/div][div class=credit]code by [COLOR=#dedede]sox[/COLOR][/div]

[div class=box]
[div class=pic]
[div class=name]Connor O'Halloran[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "The Bull"[/div]
[div class=title]Leader of the O'Hallorans[/div]​
[div class=info]Location: O'Halloran House to Gatted Goy
With: Declan O'Halloran[/div][/div]
[div class=post]

Connor grunted his acknowledgement of what Aibnhe's words. He didn't really expect anything else, seeing as how Aibnhe didn't leave the garage and probably gave each and every car a once over every day. But it had simply become habit to him, whether the car was in working condition had always been a bit questionable with the last mechanic. Plus it was an excuse to talk to Aibnhe, something he had found to be increasingly awkward to do and had been pressured by his wife to do it anyways.

Nodding his head to the keys that rested on their customary peg, he lets Declan lead the way. However, just as he was about to shut the door to the Clinic, Rowena popped her head around the corner to shout at her husband. "You make sure you're nice to them. And if Aiofe is there, you make sure to invite her to dinner. Invite the all of the Antonellie's if you have to, but you make sure she comes home for a good meal. Otherwise next time I see her, she's getting nothing but haggis."

Connor shuddered at her threat. Much like fruit cake, haggis was a traditional dish. And much like fruit cake, haggis was something that no one wanted to have. "Aye, I'll make sure she knows what's good for her. Nothing gets people thinking straight like haggis. Bye, love, see you when I get back." Shutting the door and turning to Declan, he does a quick grimace. "She's threatening with haggis now. Best we try to get her to pop in every now and again." he told his son, rounding the car to get in the passenger side. Opening the glove box, he makes sure the snub nose .22 was where it was supposed to be. "Alright, let's get going"

Upon arrival at the Gatted Goy, he made sure to nod his respect to the bartender and quickly scanned the room. And like a good father, he noticed not one, but both of his daughters were there as well. Ada was talking with someone he didn't recognize, something he had quickly learned to get over considering Ada's... interests. And Aiofe was already seated with the Antonellie's.

"Damn, late" he muttered quietly to himself raising a hand to get the other Boss' attention and to let him know that the O'Hallorans had arrived. Making his way over to the booth that the Antonellie's had claimed as theirs. Taking a seat across from the leader of the Italian Mob, Connor took off his coat and 'accidentally' allowed the pistol he was carrying be seen before once more being covered. "What a piss poor day, isn't it."

[/div]
[/div]

[class=box] margin: auto; width: 780px; height: 460px; [/class] [class=pic] width: 300px; height: 450px; border: 3px solid #000000; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/k5M1gyBr/1582106348646.jpg); filter: grayscale(50%); opacity: 0.8; [/class] [class=name] display: inline-block; margin-top: 175px; font-size: 30px; font-weight: bold; color: #050505; [/class] [class name=name state=hover] text-decoration: underline; text-shadow: 2px 2px 4px #a1a1a1; [/class] [class=alias] display: inline-block; font-size: 25px; font-style: italic; color: #a1a1a1; [/class] [class=title] display: inline-block; font-size: 20px; color: #050505; [/class] [class=info] margin-top: 50px; margin-left: 75px; font-size: 18px; color: #a1a1a1; [/class] [class=post] margin-left: -90px; width: 450px; height: 450px; border: 3px solid #2f2d2d; background: url(https://i.postimg.cc/1XvJmX5L/NLywaW.jpg); opacity: 0.8 font-size: 15px; color: white; overflow: hidden; [/class]

[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/cJVcw1sT/6-B66-D3-D4-EFEF-438-D-9-A1-C-E0996-B717677.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]""If you mess with the Family,

you mess with me."[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Hal D'Novra[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "Rabbia"[/div]
[div class=title]Lieutenant for the Antonellis[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
Hal was quiet for the most part during the ride to the Gatted Goy, listening to the others explain the situation. He didn't really think the O'Hallorans had anything to do with their dead runner, but it was smart to cover all the bases when it came to such a problem.

He scanned the area quickly as they got out of the car, even though he was confident in Aoife's ability to do her job he felt they could never be too careful. In a way, Hal was confident that the O'Halloran's wouldn't try anything, they didn't seem the type to start unnecessary war between groups. He wasn't so sure about the other mobs within the city.

Hal walked in after Lorenzo, continuing to keep an eye on their surroundings even in neutral territory. He nodded to Avi as he walked by, also noticing a red haired woman sitting at the bar. Was there already an O'Halloran here? No, He thought to himself, Were meeting the boss and his son. Besides, not every red head in the city is related to the Irish. Aoife would've noticed if she was an O'Halloran.

Hal placed himself next to Lorenzo as they waited for the Irish to show up, hoping that the meeting would go well. If the O'Hallorans had nothing to do with the situation they didn't need any trouble.

He didn't speak yet when the Bull and Sledgehammer arrived, letting Lorenzo do the greetings if there were to be any. Hal simply nodded respectfully to both of the Irish, still keeping an eye on the rest of the bar just in case there were to be any problems.

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/jS261n2Z/6-B66-D3-D4-EFEF-438-D-9-A1-C-E0996-B717677-1.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: The Gatted Goy

With: Lorenzo, Aoife, Connor, Declan[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}
[class=box] margin: auto; width: 1000px; height: 525px; border: 4px groove #000000; background: url(https://i.postimg.cc/1XvJmX5L/NLywaW.jpg); [/class] [class=img] margin-top: 19px; width: 200px; height: 480px; border: 4px groove #000000; filter: grayscale(50%); opacity: 0.8; [/class] [class=info] width: 100%; height: 100%; opacity: 0; display: flex; flex-flow: column no wrap; justify-content: center; align-content: center; [/class] [class=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [script class=info version=2 on=mouseenter] (addClass "hover" "info") [/script] [script class=info version=2 on=mouseleave] (removeClass "hover" "info") [/script] [class=text] margin: auto; display: inline-block; font-size: 18px; color: #2f2d2d; text-shadow: 2px 2px 4px #717070; [/class] [class=main] margin-top: 19px; margin-left: -50px; width: 500px; height: 480px; [/class] [class=ID] width: 500px; border: 4px groove #000000; background-color: rgba(241, 241, 241, 0.8); [/class] [class=name] display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-weight: bold; color: #2f2d2d; [/class] [class name=name state=hover] text-decoration: underline; text-shadow: 2px 2px 4px #717070; [/class] [class=alias] display: inline-block; font-size: 25px; font-style: italic; color: #515151; [/class] [class=title] display: inline-block; font-size: 20px; color: #a1a1a1; [/class] [class=post] margin-top: -5px; width: 500px; height: 320px; border: 4px groove #000000; background-color: rgba(241, 241, 241, 0.8); font-size: 15px; color: #515151; overflow: hidden; [/class]

1584332405417.png

If looks could kill, Sean would have ceased to exist, as would any memory of his brief time on this cruel, cruel world. Nobody touched Declan's nice socks. There was a genuine flash of that O'Halloran Temper across Declan's eyes, green like old dollar bills. His lips all but disappeared behind the fiery, bristling beard as he sucked on his teeth. He raised a fist, rings glittering dangerously as he waggled a thick finger under Sean's nose.

"You better hope that momma gets your foot stank outta me socks before lights out, or I swear on Saint Peter, I'll nail yer tongue to the toiled bowl." He would have expanded upon the threat, but Connor was already moving in Declan's periphery. "I mean it!" He sneered. It was hard to look that threatening to family when shadowing your father so closely, no matter how large you were. While Connor did his own once-over of the 'family business' car, Declan snatched up the keys when prompted. He twirled the ring on his finger like he was some hotshot gunslinger as he grabbed one of the umbrellas from the stand in the corner, depositing in the trunk.

The car purred when Declan keyed the ignition. Not the light fluttering of a house cat, but the rumble of a contented panther. He could feel it through the pedals, all the way to his gums. Aibhne knew her shit, and that was just one of the many reasons Declan loved her to pieces. Big Brother Love notwithstanding, of course. Quirking an eyebrow at his father, Declan smirked with a shrug.

"I like momma's haggis, long as she's got the right spices. For everyone else's sake, though, fine. I'll make this sacrifice, I suppose." It was something that had made Declan an oddity among the house. Texture didn't much matter to him when it came to food, and he'd bulked for competitions on Rowena's haggis. He was living, breathing proof that it did a growing boy good. Maybe that was why he was so much larger than the rest of his kin.

"Lucky for everyone I miss the little púca something fierce... I hope she's okay. Happy, I mean." At the command, Declan sniffed as he began to drive. "Aye, sir. Buckle up."

Rain hammered at the smooth shell and windshield of the car in a constant white noise. Declan didn't want to overstep with the radio, leaving it in Connor's hands... which of course meant they drove in a terrible, static semi-silence. Here, now, in the privacy of the car, they could talk man-to-man. Father to son. Perhaps it was always up to Declan to broach such conversation, but it always felt out of time and place. There was always work to be done; business for the family, and family came first. Hell, Declan hardly knew what music his father liked, but not from a lack of trying.

Maybe he was just bad at this. 'This' being what? A dutiful son? Bah. No cheese down that tunnel.

The Gatted Goy. A shit-for-brains name in Declan's opinion, but that was the unsung gift of looking the ginger cousin of Sasquatch - nobody did. With a practiced, mechanical decorum, Declan slid from the driver's seat after he'd parked and snatched the black umbrella from the trunk. It opened with a dull snap as Declan tended the passenger door for is boss.

"Sorry, sir. Surely, measure of tardiness shan't be frowned upon under present circumstances, d-... sir." Declan mumbled as he buttoned up his overcoat, matching Connor's stride as they crossed from sidewalk to foyer. Never letting Connor leave his sight, Declan folded the umbrella and ducked through the threshold. A flash of red curls caught his eye, the particular shade of copper only ever belonging to Ada. Declan couldn't see her face, but there was a sloop to her shoulders that nearly brought Dec to her side, to hell with business. His expression soured, but he forced imself to keep pace with Connor. Pulling out a chair for his father, Declan took the seat to his right, massive hands laid atop the table like the lethal paws of a lion. Dc didn't say a word, instead slipping into the sullen silence the masses expected of the idiot brute O'Halloran son, measuring each body there with the countenance of a predator.

Last edited:
[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/rcCDQt4/left.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]"I have everything and nothing."

- Nicholai
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Nicholai Milkovich[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "Checks"[/div]
[div class=title]Iron Tundra Lieutenant[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
Nicholai's shoulders tensed as Maria spoke to Alyenka, there was only so much he could do to lessen their employer's wrath even without the young woman making the situation worse. Even from a sideways glance he could tell that Alyenka was furious with the way she wasa being spoken to, no doubt if it were anyone else Nicholai would be on the same page. No one was allowed to disrespect the Iron Tundra's leader and get away with it.

I should be at her throat right now. I really am going soft.

It took a split second for him to react once Maria had turned on him, chastising him for his connections to the law. He had been off his game the whole day, but as he let his anger get the best of him he was back to his usual "attack dog" self.

Nicholai's eyes narrowed, stance changing ever so slightly, his voice was dangerously low and his posture looked almost predatory as he shot back verbally at the young woman. "You would do well to watch your tone when speaking to us. You were not called here to question the authority, nor did either of us ask for the opinion of a snot nosed child." In the back of his mind he knew he was being harsh, but he was too far into his anger to care. He didn't much appreciate being questioned by someone who held no authority over him.

"The Iron Tundra has shown you more kindness than you deserve, remember that the position of a secretary is astoundingly easy to fill. You would be back on the streets in a second if it weren't for our employer. Show some respect, brat."

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/TLC2d0q/right.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: Iron Tundra HQ

With: Alenka Maria[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/nVWTsNK3/r2-1.png);"][div class=info][div class=text]"You either work with me,

Or you get out of my way."[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Alyenka Karmazin[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "The Iron Vice"[/div]
[div class=title]Leader of the Iron Tundra[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
"I am truly sorry Ma'am. I thought it was something else besides the dealer," the woman said, off to a much better start than previously. "It's hard not to know about it when every passing man whispers it under their breath, rumours are going around that the Boss is dealing behind the mafias back or that she can't even control her men."

A dull pounding began at the base of my skull at her words- that rage I was seldom provoked enough to feel or display. So those were the rumors, were they?

"And as for you, Nicky," she continued, "I thought you were smarter than putting your trust into the men of law. I keep tabs on people you know."

I narrowed my eyes at that one. Obviously, I was pissed off because she had not only picked up on but dared to point out the fact that my lieutenant was on problematically familiar terms with a detective- not to mention the overly familiar form of address. But I was also, I had to admit, a little impressed at her shrewdness. Perhaps I had misjudged how much of an asset she actually was.

In response to her threat, Nicholai tensed up, his attitude visibly shifting.

"You would do well to watch your tone when speaking to us," he cautioned menacingly. "You were not called here to question the authority, nor did either of us ask for the opinion of a snot-nosed child."

I almost wanted to laugh at that one- after all, Nic had been acting like a lost child himself for most of the day. But he had a point about Maria, who was more than mercurial at this point. I carefully observed her demeanor and reactions, and all of a sudden the explanation became quite clear to me: she was scared. And if she was scared, it was because she had something to hide. Oblivious, Nic continued his tirade.

"The Iron Tundra has shown you more kindness than you deserve, remember that the position of a secretary is astoundingly easy to fill. You would be back on the streets in a second if it weren't for our employer. Show some respect, brat."

I almost rolled my eyes at his theatricality, though I appreciated what he was doing. I let silence hang in the room for a moment as I carefully considered the girl in front of me.

"Putting aside, for the moment, the ill-advised nature of your outburst and choice of words," I began, voice silken, dangerous, and low, "it seems you do understand what you were called up here for." I locked eyes with the girl, my gaze boring into her.

"So, since you, as you put it 'keep tabs on people', tell me what you know. And I suggest you think carefully about how you reply, Maria. If I don't like your answer, I can guarantee that you won't like what happens next."

I leaned back in my chair, surveying her over my steepled fingers and ignoring (for the moment) my irate lieutenant as I kept my focus on the young secretary.

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/V66BvFJy/r2-2.png);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: Iron Tundra HQ

With: Nic, Maria[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/sKtVVmQ/leftA.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]"Ignorance kills. You should be dead by now."

- Ada
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Ada O'Halloran[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "Riding Hood"[/div]
[div class=title]O'Halloran Spy Master[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
Ada tensed slightly at the unexpected hug but ultimately accepted the comfort, heavens knew she needed it at the moment. Her day had turned out to be absolute shite but Sloane's kindness was making her feel a bit better.

She let herself be held for a prolonged moment before pulling away, fresh tears running down her cheeks. Avi had glanced their way, knowing how Ada normally was with strangers touching her but quickly went back to business once he was sure the silver haired woman wasn't in danger of Ada's wrath. She smiled weakly at Sloane as she pulled away from the hug, taking another drink from her bottle as she did. Unsurprisingly she was almost done with it.

Opening her mouth to thank Sloane for the hug, Ada paused as she heard the door open behind her. A glance to the entrance told her the Antonellis were there, along with her little sister Aoife. She turned her head, trying to be sure that her sister wouldn't realize she was there. A part of her wanted to go over and see Aoife, but didn't want to bother the younger woman while she was clearly working.

Turning back to Sloane, tears still rushing down her face and heart clenching as she spoke. "Thank you for the hug. It's very kind of you to listen to my sorrows." It seemed her emotions were about to get the best of her again.

A moment later the door opened again and she looked again to see the new arrivals, only to whip back around quickly when she saw her father and brother. "Ah shite. What the hell is going on?" Her voice cracked as she whispered to herself. It would seem that she was falling behind on the happenings around the family business, the fact somehow making her feel worse.

Another drink of whiskey before turning her attention back to Sloane, "It would seem that this day is not going to be getting any better at the moment." She tried one of her charming smiles but it looked forced, and in a way made her look even more sad.

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/JcCPChb/rightA.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: The Gatted Goy

With: Sloane[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/7LLTnZw0/it2.png);"][div class=info][div class=text]"I do my job

As best I can."[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Sloane Aleandra Gabriel[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "The Carmine Shadow"[/div]
[div class=title]Bodyguard to the leader of the Crimson Blossom[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
Sloane felt Ada tense up at the sudden contact, and the thought flashed through her mind that she was about to face the consequences of acting so familiarly with a member of the Irish mob. But then, to her surprise, the woman relaxed in her arms and simply let herself be held. She didn't sob, but Sloane could feel dampness on the lapel of her jacket and knew she must be crying, which was confirmed when she pulled away. Watching her smile a little helplessly, Sloane wished she had another handkerchief to offer. She also wished she could do more than the awkward hug- the bartender was looking their way.

Ada took another long drink from the whiskey bottle, and the bodyguard eyed her with worry as she sat back down. She seemed about to speak when the door opened, and both of them glanced reflexively towards it. Sloane's eyes went wide- none other than the leader of the Antonelli group had just walked in, along with two others. The trio made for a booth at the back as Ada turned her head back to the bar, apparently not wanting to be noticed. Sloane couldn't blame her- after all, even though the Gat was neutral territory, it probably wasn't exactly comfortable to be recognized by members from a different group than your own- especially if you were in a vulnerable state.

Tears were still running down Ada's face as she turned back to Sloane and said "Thank you for the hug. It's very kind of you to listen to my sorrows." She seemed nearly about to break down, and Sloane nearly hugged her again. But at that moment the door opened once more, and Ada turned to it and then back to the bar so fast the motion was almost a blur. Sloane glanced back at the entrance herself and almost couldn't believe it. The Boss of the O'Hallorans- the legendary Connor- had just walked in, followed by his son and second-in-command, Declan 'The Sledgehammer'. The pair made a beeline for the table at the back as well, Ada cursing under her breath and attempting to appear inconspicuous (which was quite difficult to do with such eye-catching red hair).

It didn't work, of course- her father and brother noticed her straightaway, and Sloane felt a twinge of pity for the woman, who would no doubt have to explain the scene they had just witnessed later. Sloane reflected belatedly that it probably didn't bode well for her either to be seen with their daughter/sister like this... Ada took another drink of whiskey before turning back to her and commenting "It would seem that this day is not going to be getting any better at the moment." She tried to smile, but it was so forced and painful that it almost made Sloane want to wince. Her instincts probably would have had her giving the woman another hug and holding her tight and telling her it was going to be all right, that she would find someone, that things would get better. Hell, if this were her world, she'd invite her home and cook her a meal and give her a place to crash and cry herself to sleep.

But this was not her world, and Ada was not a girl she could take those kinds of liberties with- she was the daughter of a powerful mobster (one who happened to be present), and boundaries had to be respected. Sloane grinned ruefully in acknowledgement of Ada's statement, glancing once more to the booth where the sitdown was occurring. Like it or not, there were currently more important things going on; the leaders of two of the most important groups in town were meeting about something; clearly something big was going on. Sloane wondered what Lucinda had thought upon seeing them walk through the door, and then she bolted to her feet, suddenly horrified.

Lucinda! she thought, whirling around to face the window. She had completely forgotten about it! Heart hammering in her chest, suddenly panicking, she scanned the street desperately, looking for her employer, but there was no sign of her. Roughly grabbing up the mound of parcels next to her, she fairly flew out of the bar without another word, her only thought being that she needed to find Lucinda- now. She was so panicked about the whole thing that she forgot to get back her handkerchief, and even left behind a small package containing her boss' newly-purchased diamond earrings.

She looked wildly left and right for any trace of her employer, trying not to let the crazy thoughts already forming in her mind make her lose it completely.

I will find her, she thought doggedly as she left the area in Lucinda's pursuit. I have to.

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/XN9XFCdt/it1.png);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: City streets

With: No one[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/xJj8NH3.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]"The only thing between me and my hands around your throat is my patience, and the sad thing is I don't got any."

- Crazy Al
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Albrecht Schneider[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "Crazy Al"[/div]
[div class=title]Enforcer of the Iron Tundra[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]

"Da, may be better choosing car that is not, eh, what is the word... conspicuously ours."

Al nodded absently as he and Vlad made their way over to the...less exclusive part of the Tundra's garage. Admittedly, it was the side he liked better. It was always fun trying to get the hell away from angry mobsters in a civilian car, though the ones that had been riddled with bullet holes were already disposed of by the Tundra. A shame. He quite liked one old, dingy, silver hatchback he'd used once after some punk with major debts to the Tundra decided to get his buddies to pull guns on him.

Vlad's comment that any and all conspicuity from the car would be gone once they stepped out drew another wry laugh from Al. True. Crazy Al was Crazy Al, no matter what car he was climbing out of.

"Hm, if you're willing to play the part of a dealer then." It was a risky plan, to be sure. Should things go south, though, they had a backup plan in place. Should they fail it just meant they might have to investigate faster before the Blossom started catching up on them. "Let's just hope we get as far as the trail will take us."

As they clambered into a simple, white sedan, he heard Vlad raise another question.

"Eh, Albrecht, do you think ties with Triad dog can even be fixed? Seems like, ah, forgive me, right on tip of tongue- ah, 'catch twenty-two', in scheme of things." The larger Russian's question was directly followed by what Al already knew; a quick apology and a mention that if there was anyone dealing with business relations, that was the boss. Though, it did make Al think.

"Yeah, the suits do handle this kind of thing," He paused for a minute to gather his thoughts. What would he do if he were one of the suits?

"Course, if it were up to me, I wouldn't wanna see their face around these parts after trying to pull a stunt like that. Messing with relations between businesses is something only heroes or dumbasses do."

"Both sides do have me suspicious, though. The Blossom's clearly out for blood recently and I don't imagine they'll be willing to talk peace should the boss even ask. At the rate we're going, the boss is close to getting on a warpath of her own regardless of the outcome."

He cast a glance over at Vlad.

"Only thing I know for sure is that if all hell breaks loose out here, you and I are gonna get a hell of a lot busier."

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/XKbze8D.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: The Iron Tundra Main Office (Parking Lot)

With: Vladislav[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/rkSFFiO.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]"I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm sleeping."

- Astrid
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Astrid Haralson[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "Sherlock"[/div]
[div class=title]Forensic pathologist[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
"Yea doc. Get on home, traffic is getting bad."Those were exactly the words Astrid wanted to hear. She was already working an overtime and her boss would have a hard time to pay it t her. Another useless argument in sight. But that was a matter for another day. She nodded to Leon."Sure, glad to be of service."she said and off he went. Astrid wasn’t done though, the body needed to be reconstructed and so she got on with it. Looking at the clock, it was already well past six. She sighed and got to work. Her assistant has already weighed all the inner organs so they put it inside the corpse and Astrid closed the body with almost artistic stitches. "Go home, Annabeth, it’s already too late."she smiled at the young brunette helping here and the girl gratefully ran away.

Astrid cleaned herself and the lab, put the corpse in the refrigerator and gave her hands and arms a long scrub. The red nail polish was almost gone. "Why do I even bother?"Dee muttered but didn’t really dwell on the fact. Looking around, everything seemed to be in order so she just put the lights out, closed the door and returned to her office where she finally could get rid of the white coat for the day. With a deep sigh, she collected the papers she wanted to have a look at home and put them in the bag. After all, she promised Leon a report the next day.

It was already dark outside and the rain kept on pissing which made Astrid even more grumpy as she already was. Of course, there was no umbrella in that bag of hers. Thank god there were dog biscuits! Dee ran to her car and quickly got in. Her fingers ran around the steering wheel. "Hey, sweetheart, you missed me?"she greeted her black ’69 Chevy Impala. She flopped down the sun visor and looked at the picture hidden there. It was her and dad few years ago. He just taught her how to hunt for elk. "Hey, old man."It was her tradition every single time. Biting her lip, pushing away the tears, she simply started the car, engine purred perfectly as usual and Astrid pulled off only to park it few blocks away in front of the Gatted Goy, the place where Astrid Haralson usually drowned her sorrows.

People usually didn’t come to the Goy wearing all fancy-schmancy clothes. It was the place, well, not very refined but people have always been coming here. Cops, mob, common folk, they all were equals here. The bartender, was friendly but he didn’t put up with chaos and mess in his place. Dee liked old Efrayim and he, probably, liked her. He even knew her order so when the door of the Goy opened and the blond in pantsuit and heels clicked to the bar, the bear of a man handed her the glass of bourbon, neat, the way she liked it. "Thank you, Avi."Dee smiled and took so long desired sip, immediately followed by lighting the cigarette. Nicotine filled her lungs immediately and she blew the smoke up with her eyes closed. This was it, what Dr. Haralson needed for hours. "It’s kind of quiet here today, bad business?"

"Nah, the Antonellis are meeting the O’Halloran’s today."
he explained and motioned his head towards the full corner. Astrid looked that way and her stomach somersaulted. She remembered those red hair very well. Her thoughts started to run wild and brought her back few years ago when she was still at college. It was one of her dad’s last fights. He promised to end his career. Einar Haralson rarely took his daughter to his fights but this was one of those times he allowed her to come to the Setter, the gym owned by no one else but esteemed Connor O’Halloran. The atmosphere was wild, people cheered, his name sounded from all sides and Dee was so incredibly proud when he won. After the fight, she ran down with a wide smile, happy for him."Wait for me outside, champ, I’ll be right out, ‘kay?"he told her and Astrid was stupid enough to listen.

After waiting at the car for more than twenty minutes, Dee got restless. Dad was never late and this was no ‘I’ll be right out’ so she curiously returned. The gym was now almost empty. And still, it was more dreadful than the fight itself. Her dad was lying in the ring, few people around him, including the old O’Halloran and his son. Dee ran there, throwing herself inside… "It’s okay, champ, it’s all okay."Einar whispered, seeing his daughter. And no, nothing was okay. From that moment on, Astrid only remembered things vaguely. Some men came, collected the dead body and she desperately wanted to follow but someone held her. Someone with red hair, not knowing who. Her father just died in front of her eyes and they didn’t even let her to follow the ambulance. Astrid never found out what really happened, all she knew was that it was no heart attack, nor the fight injuries.

"You okay?"A voice came to her through. Avi was looking at her, a bit concerned. "You were biting yourself so hard I was afraid you might draw blood there."

"Nah, I’m fine."
Astrid mumbled and downed her glass at once. "Hit me again."

Once she had her second dose, she looked around, spotting a familiar face. She approached and sat down, looking at the cook book in girl’s hands. "Hey, I almost didn’t see you here."Dee greeted her friend Delilah and took a deep drag. Her face was smiling but her head was still elsewhere. No, O’Hallorans were not really on her list of favorite people.

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vZYToYP.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: The Gatted Goy

With: Delilah[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/Zcfgb8b/LeftM.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]"There's good in everyone. You just have to look harder."

- Milo
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Milo Gabriel[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "Jinx"[/div]
[div class=title]College Student[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
Once Milo had gotten settled he tuned out most of his surroundings in favor of using his time to study. He nodded and smiled at his friends as they arrived, occasionally sipping at his tea and picking at a muffin, completely content to sit in relative silence.

He rolled his eyes fondly when Jay and Bai arrived, the two of them were always bickering about something. He was sure they would be talking about drag races or something with Ainsley in no time. Hopefully the Harridan wouldn't be too cross with their sometimes noisy friends.

Milo yawned as he read through another chapter in his text book, he would normally be sleeping on such a rainy day but of course he didn't want to cancel his plans with the group. Absently he hoped Chef wasn't too bothered by his absence. He would need to take the Malinois on a run later, raining or not the dog needed exercize daily.

It didn't take long at all for Milo to get tired of studying with all his friends around. He closed his text book and took another sip of tea, taking a quick glance around the table to see if anyone was doing anything interesting.

"Anyone have plans for the rest of the day?"

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/yBzTXTp/RightM.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: The Autumn Leaves

With: The Young'uns[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

Lei.jpg
Lei-Zhong | The Raven
Crimson Blossom Enforcer
Mentions: Fan Ayama Ayama
Her laughter grated on his ears, the mocking sound causing him to feel like punching someone- unfortunately, that someone couldn't be his superior, not if he didn't want to pay for it dearly. Still, he kept his calm facade, even as it threatened to crumble into a mixture of helplessness and anger.

Fan waved the sweet roll in front of his face, the gesture wholly unappreciated by the hungry man. His stomach grumbled, betraying him. Lei hoped she didn't hear, but he knew she probably did; he played oblivious nonetheless.

The female rejected his attempt to plead on the prisoner's behalf, claiming she was always right about them knowing more information. While that had been true in every case prior, Lei knew it was as she said- his 'bleeding heart' kept him from seeing that. His eyes shifted downwards, towards his feet after her tirade. He hated how he let her talk to him like this, hated how he had to watch her torture people, but most of all, he hated how he couldn't do anything about either of those things.

As her attention returned to the kneeling man, Lei watched as she kicked the bamboo sticks further into him, a grin turning her expression into one of sadistic joy.

"Lei, unlock his left hand and hold it up," she commanded. He obliged, his limbs laden with reluctance. He could feel the clamminess of the man's hands and see the fear in his eyes as he held him by his wrist. "I'm sorry," he mouthed the words, an unspoken prayer, one he knew that would go unanswered; Fan was a demon in human skin. Working under her had taught him that, etched it into his bones.

As Fan calmly explained what she was about to do, Lei felt a chill run up his spine; Fan's creativity, her knack for torture, was truly the stuff of nightmares, for both him and the victim. "Lei, hold out his hand," she said. Once again, he hatefully obeyed, biting his lip as he did so.

Kurusu "The Fang" Akashi
With: Waiting for Nili Belmonte
Tags: _amaranth_ _amaranth_
HgqJnIm.jpg

Another protection task, another chance to crack some skulls. This time, it was one of our couriers... My train of thought paused as I tried to remember the courier's name. However, my body continued its' assault against the grey punching bag. My fists, with the MMA gloves I used before joining the family, struck the punching bag with focused anger. Sometimes some people say I am too aggressive, I find them stupid, weak and ineffective. I'm the best there is at what I do and if someone disagrees with reality then they can try to prove it however I doubt they'll succeed.

Wham!

This punch was stronger than the rest, I might have gotten hyped up by the thought of someone challenging me to a fight. The punching bag swayed back and forth, each swing straining the rope that connected it to the ceiling of my house. I inhaled and exhaled heavily, my arms lowered themselves to my side.

"Nili-san!"

I said out loud, the name of the courier returned to me. I don't know why they have me protecting a courier but I don't care enough to question it. I stopped the bag from swinging with my right arm. I think it's almost time to meet with Nili-san. I unbutton my prized MMA gloves then toss em onto the table. I grab a towel from one of the hangers. With towel in hand, I walk to my bathroom. I put the towel next to the marble sink and I begin to wash up. Nothing like warm water to wash away the sweat from a good training session.
Turning off the sink's faucet, I looked up at the mirror. I wipe my face with the towel and smile at the mirror. "Iku jikan"("Time to go"). I flick the light switch on my way out of the bathroom.

I slipped into some of my casual street clothes. Judging by the weather, if I took my car to the meeting place in Sōko to meet Nili-san, I might run late because of the traffic. It's only a 25~ minute walk so it should be quick. I grab my coat, an umbrella and finally leave my house.

plip plap plip plap

I hate the rain.

While I walked to Sōko, there were a few people also going somewhere. They didn't look me in the eyes but they looked so scared and twitchy, I could tell.The weak should fear the strong and they should fear me. Reaching Sōko, I started making a series of detours so anybody following me could be thrown off the scent, I might love a good fight but knowingly endangering the family is beyond stupid.

I made it to the warehouse after the detours. I look around to see if anybody actually managed to follow me through the detours but it appears that the coast was clear. The warehouse is locked and I have the key on me but I didn't unlock it just yet. I decided to wait outside under my umbrella to keep an eye out and to see if Nili-san would show up or not. Where is that f*cking courier

Last edited:
[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/kg39q1BH/c5.png);"][div class=info][div class=text]"The most beautiful flowers

Have the deadliest thorns."[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Kao Ying-Fan[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "The Jade Tyrant"[/div]
[div class=title]Lieutenant for the Crimson Blossom[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
You guys know the drill (well, bamboo ;P )

As Lei held out the indicated hand towards me, slowly and with obvious reluctance, the man began to whimper, tears pouring freely down his face. He kept up a constant stream of increasingly hysterical pleas and, though they fell on deaf ears when it came to entreaties directed at me, I could tell they grated on the enforcer's nerves; it was clearly taking every ounce of self- control he had to follow my orders.

I had to admit- the expression on his face was far more thrilling to observe than the pitiful prisoner's, whose words were beginning to blur together incoherently. Working with Lei was revealing to me that it was far more exciting to force others to inflict pain than it was to do so myself.

"No, please don't, Ibegyouno, please, pleaseno, no...NO!" the litany went, musical to my ears as it fell then rose in a sweet crescendo. I returned my gaze to the man's face, grinning widely now and not bothering to hide my excitement. I wanted him to realize he didn't have a hope of avoiding the upcoming pain. With most people, he would have, of course, as the threat of pain was merely a tool used to obtain information. With me, however, pain was a certainty- whether you gave me information or not.

As I seized his finger and held it steady, I felt the familiar swooping sensation in my stomach at the sight of the pure distilled terror in his eyes. My pulse accelerated and my pupils dilated as I placed the bamboo sliver directly underneath the nail. I kept my gaze fixed on his face, observing him in an almost trance-like state, as I slowly pushed the shard into his skin.

At first, the man flinched back instinctively, letting out a pitiful whimper when the gesture caused the shoots impaled in his back to press inwards. He held still afterwards, his entire body tensed up with apprehension. His eyes were glued to the bamboo splinter, as if hypnotized, as I wedged it deeper into his skin. He began to hyperventilate and emit small, repeated yelps of pain which became progressively louder and more high-pitched until eventually throwing back his head with his eyes closed, screaming in raw agony. A thrill went through me at the sight and, while continuing to push the sliver further into his skin, I smiled- a twisted, terrifying expression.

After a long moment, I finally released him, the shard now dyed red with his blood. The man slumped forward, sobbing wretchedly. I could feel my heart pumping with excitement, the adrenaline flooding my system and the blood thundering in my ears. All I wanted to do was to continue inflicting pain until he was an incoherent, broken mess, but I needed to restrain myself as this was information-gathering; not getting revenge or sending a message.

I watched him closely, eyes half-lidded and breathing shallow, barely able to hold myself back.

"Now," I said, my voice low and noticeably aroused, "you're going to tell me what I want to know, and fast, or you will experience a lot more of this. Your choice."

The man was silent for a moment, head bent down and still sobbing miserably, tears splashing onto the concrete floor. Then he began to talk, words coming between sobs.

"He's... Russian. Speaks with... an accent..." My eyes narrowed.

"What does he look like?" I asked.

"Don't... know. Keeps his... hood up..." I glared at him.

"Any identifying features?" The man shook his head.

"Average height... and build... dark clothes... wore gloves and... a hoodie." I cursed under my breath- that could be almost anyone.

"What about the product? Where did it come from?"

"Met... in the warehouse district... packages... every week." I frowned. The Warehouse District? Did the Iron Tundra own any warehouses on this side of the river?

"Where?"

"Near... Sōko..." My eyes went wide- the Sōko? But that was Higashi territory. Just what the hell was going on here...?

I asked a few more questions after that, but didn't get any further useful information. Whoever this mysterious supplier was, not only did he deal in our territory himself but, apparently, he had several others running the product for him as well. And even though everyone said the guy was Russian and part of the Iron Tundra, my gut said otherwise- this wasn't their style; none of it. They didn't deal drugs, they didn't encroach on other groups' territory, and they weren't dumb or underhanded enough to pull something like this. We were being set up- we were being played and, once I found out who was behind it, I would make sure they lived to regret it.

The conversation had re-impressed the seriousness of the situation on me, and I felt drained, empty of the voracious appetite for pain and misery that had taken hold of me. Now, I was worried, and angry, and tired. I stood up slowly, flicking the bamboo sliver onto the floor, my interest in the man forgotten- I had more important things to worry about.

I observed him for a moment- a nameless, faceless person, broken and defeated like all the others. He didn't even bother looking up at me, keeping his eyes on the ground and sobbing quietly, blood flowing freely from his back and injured hand. I stood silently for a moment more, then sighed.

"Kill him," I instructed flatly, not even bothering to look at Lei as I turned away- the man was no longer my concern, and I had bigger fish to fry.

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/QVLLNCx7/c4.png);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: Crimson Blossom HQ

With: Lei[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/KD9CKw3/LeftAi.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]"The truth is always worth it."

- Ainsley
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Ainsley Woodbead[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "Shark"[/div]
[div class=title]Journalist[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
Ainsley sat quietly for the most part, drinking plenty of coffee and contempating their newest piece. The silence was relatively unusual for the normally chatty journalist, but could easily be written off as them simply being over tired. That's what they would tell anyone who asked and it would be a half truth. Ainsley was also fairly stressed over their work, causing them to overthink more than usual.

Of course they smiled and perked up as Jay and Bai arrived, those two never failed to cheer up Ainsley with their mere presence. They continued to drink their coffee as their friends bickered about the car radio, smiling all the while.

Ainsley yawned quietly, it would seem no amount of caffeine would wake them properly that day. They leaned against Milo and looked at his textbook, understanding almost none of what they read until Milo closed the book and looked around the table.

Shrugging in response to the question Ainsley looked around the rest of the table. Maybe Jay and Bai had plans they could get in on? Some fun would probably help clear their head.

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/6WSCVn2/RightAi.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: The Autumn Leaves

With: The Young'uns[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/r3PrJPr/leftA.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]"Ignorance kills. You should be dead by now."

- Ada
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Ada O'Halloran[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "Riding Hood"[/div]
[div class=title]O'Halloran Spy Master[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
Ada jolted in surprise as Sloane ran out the door, leaving her alone at the bar and now acutely aware of the other occupants of the bar. She was right back to feeling horribly alone, even with the knowledge that her siblings and their father were right behind her. She couldn't just go over there while they were having a meeting, and not knowing what the meeting was about made her feel terrible.

Placing some money on the bar to pay for her whiskey Ada stood to leave, only then noticing that Sloane had forgotten her package. After a moment of contemplation she picked it up to take with her, of course she would have to track the other woman down at some point to return it but she didn't want to leave a package at the Goy no matter how much she trusted Avi. She fished her car keys from her pockets and gave them to Avi as he walked by, the older man smiling kindly and hung them up behind the bar for her to retrieve on another day.

Making her way to the door she couldn't help but look toward the table where the sit down was happening. Her father and Declan had to know she was there so it would be no use hiding her face. She could only hope that in the low light they wouldn't realize how distraught she looked as she stepped out the door and into the pelting rain.

Halfway through the walk home she realized that she still had Sloane's handkerchief, she must have forgotten to give it back to the woman. Maybe they would see each other again someday and she could give it back then.

When Ada walked through the front door of her family's home she didn't see anyone around. That was normal though for the time of day, everyone would be busy with something. She made a beeline for the stairs, hoping to make it to her bed room without being intercepted. Of course, her luck wasn't in and she nearly ran into Sean with her vision blurred from tears.

She yelped as she stopped just before hitting him, a sound she would never admit to making. Her voice was hoarse and cracked as she apologised, "Sorry Sean, didn't think anyone was home."

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/QdG6n44/rightA.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: The Homestead

With: Sean[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

[class=box] margin: auto; width: 1000px; height: 525px; border: 4px groove #000000; background: url(https://i.postimg.cc/1XvJmX5L/NLywaW.jpg); [/class] [class=img] margin-top: 19px; width: 200px; height: 480px; border: 4px groove #000000 filter: grayscale(50%); opacity: 0.8; [/class] [class=info] width: 100%; height: 100%; opacity: 0; display: flex; flex-flow: column no wrap; justify-content: center; align-content: center; [/class] [class=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [script class=info version=2 on=mouseenter] (addClass "hover" "info") [/script] [script class=info version=2 on=mouseleave] (removeClass "hover" "info") [/script] [class=text] margin: auto; display: inline-block; font-size: 18px; color: #2f2d2d; text-shadow: 2px 2px 4px #717070; [/class] [class=main] margin-top: 19px; margin-left: -50px; width: 500px; height: 480px; [/class] [class=ID] width: 500px; border: 4px groove #000000; background-color: rgba(241, 241, 241, 0.8); [/class] [class=name] display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-weight: bold; color: #2f2d2d; [/class] [class name=name state=hover] text-decoration: underline; text-shadow: 2px 2px 4px #717070; [/class] [class=alias] display: inline-block; font-size: 25px; font-style: italic; color: #515151; [/class] [class=title] display: inline-block; font-size: 20px; color: #a1a1a1; [/class] [class=post] margin-top: -5px; width: 500px; height: 320px; border: 4px groove #000000; background-color: rgba(241, 241, 241, 0.8); font-size: 15px; color: #515151; overflow: hidden; [/class]

Last edited:
[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/FsxGH1RQ/j2.png);"][div class=info][div class=text]"Falling flowers,

Tumbling leaves."[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Higashi Akari[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "The Lilac Doll"[/div]
[div class=title]Leader of the Higashi-Gumi[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
Akari watched Keiji appear and walk towards her with his usual brisk, determined step, long coat billowing around him and umbrella angled against the rain. He stopped when he reached her, saying nothing at first and merely standing by her side as they watched the downpour. A sensitive soul, she could feel the tension emanating from him as he stood there in silence.

"I just came to see how you were doing," he said after a long moment, not turning to look at her. "Kurata will be back with her report soon, I suppose our next move will have to wait until she returns."

Akari nodded, finding it difficult to swallow and her throat suddenly uncomfortably dry. It was shameful for someone in her position to be prone to panic attacks but, seeing as she was a sixteen-year-old girl in charge of a large organization, with everyone looking to her to make decisions and keep the group running, it was also hardly surprising. She bent over slightly, taking in deep, shuddering breaths and attempting to calm herself down.

It took a few minutes, but after a while she nodded again, regaining her composure and presenting the image of the strong, confident leader she was expected to be. She heard Kurata's footsteps behind her, followed by her cousin's soft voice.

"Akari-chan," she began. Akari winced at the address. Even thought it was what Kura had always called her, and it was normal in their culture to address younger friends or family members in this manner, it was directly undermining the authority of her newly acquired position for anyone to address her that way, and it helped to remind her that she was, in fact, little more than a child, attacking her already fragile self-confidence.

Luckily, the rest of Kurata's statement was far more respectful and professional in tone and, most importantly, informative. Akari nodded thoughtfully when she gave the figure- it was high, but nothing they couldn't withstand, as long as this didn't happen again. She was quite pleased that her cousin had already come up with a plan to recoup their losses- indeed, her business acumen was invaluable to the group, and Akari was extremely grateful to have her by her side.

So, Gi-san was going to be interrogating the workers? She had no doubt that his methods would be quite effective, but their organization was large and it would be a difficult job. And what if it wasn't someone from the warehouse, but still part of their group? Her father had said they had a leak- that meant they needed to find whoever it was, as soon as possible.

While Kurata had been making her report, Kimiko had arrived as well, drawing up beside her and bowing respectfully first to Keiji, then to her. She met Akari's eye after the report was finished, looking expectant. Kimiko both respected her position and had expectations of her based on it, which was an odd combination but somehow always bolstered Akari's confidence. That, and Kurata's report was swirling around in her mind, intermixed with her father's words from earlier, and suddenly she knew what needed to be done.

She straightened her back, eyes glinting with that inner steel the Higashi were so renowned for. She began with her cousin.

"Good job, Kurata," she said. "I expect you'll have Gi-san report to you about what he finds?" The lawyer acquiesced. "Good- let me know as soon as you hear back from him," she instructed, "and in the meantime, please work on getting me an outline of your plan to recoup our losses at the warehouse. We need to repair the damage as swiftly as we can."

She then turned to Kimiko.

"We have a leak, Kimiko-san," she said, her tone and the look in her eyes turning dark, "find it."

Though Kimiko was known for the actions of her murderous alter ego, the quiet and reserved girl actually had extensive training as a thief and a spy, and her discreet nature made her perfectly suited for such tasks. This function was kept a secret from most of the members of the organization, however (since the more people knew about it, the less effective she would be), so only the leadership (which included the three members present in this conversation) knew about it.

The girl nodded and bowed before respectfully melting away, and Akari turned to her lieutenant and advisor, that steel still in her gaze (though with an undercurrent of apprehension).

"Keiji," she began, her tone low and serious now, "we need to find out who's behind this- quickly. Set up a meeting with the Crimson Blossom."

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/BnVTjFfR/j4-1.png);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: The Higashi Compound

With: Keiji[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

Last edited:
[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/6VKWCyV.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]"All you got to do is tell me if you wish this pleasure to continue."

- Mei-Lien
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]孫美蓮[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "Scarlett Temptress"[/div]
[div class=title]Crimson Blossom Spy[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]

Mei-Lien drove seamlessly through the streets, turning here and there until she hit traffic. As she sat there waiting for it to move, her mind started to wonder to the first day she was found by the Crimson Blossom. She been listening in on a new group in town that was trying to take some action from the CB. She figured she could make a couple hundred bucks. But little did she know, she wasn't the only one eyeing this new group. A CB enforcer was too. And it was just her luck to get caught. They didn't approach her until she seemingly had all the information the group could give her. And of course she didn't want to get beat up for the information so she spilled.

Mei-Lien was then brought to the leader, who at the time was Mama Kao, and made to her the same information to the leader. She was heartless and cruel but somehow came off as compassionate and kind. She mostly showed the latter to her children. Mama Kao asked Mei-Lien a couple of questions concerning things like her age (she was 17 at the time), her family, goals and the like. Mei-Lien found it laughable now that she even considered lying to the old lady.

And so, Mei-Lien was offered a job on the spot, though she didn't take it right away. She needed sometime to think it over. Mama Kao sent her home with three times as much cash she thought she would have made that day. And even though Mei-Lien did not accept the offer to work for the CB just yet, Mama Kao occasionally stayed in contact with her. Even Lucinda once in awhile would show up at her school and they would hang out because they got along well.

The jobs Mei-Lien received were low profile and low-risk, easy stuff. It was good money, really good. Eventually she felt needed and became proud of her skills more so than she really was. By the time Mei-Lien graduated she had time to think about the offer Mama Kao dangled infront of her and accepted it.

In no time Mei-Lien and her family were living the life. They got them a new place and recovered most of their belongings and bought new ones. Mama Kao even set her up with an apartment after her family got back on their feet. Along with putting them under protection. To show how grateful she was, she eagerly took on the trademark tattoo of the gang. The young spy kept her source of her money on the down low when it came to her family. To keep them safe and kept them from disapproving.

Things were going great for Mei-Lien, the CB and her family... that is until Mama Kao died out of the blue. Lucinda, who was being groomed, had to take over the group and Fan was appointed Lieutenant. Things were rough for awhile until the transition of power became smooth. The two sisters worked hard at their new found positions and the jobs came in more frequently for Mei-Lien. About half a year from this point, Fan had sent for Mei-Lien

That was the day Mei-Lien and Fan started to become a thing. To this day, she wondered what the Jade Tyrant saw in her that caught her attention, but those thoughts didn't last long as time went by.

There was a sudden honking noise and her brown eyes widen due to her being startled and looked up to the rear-view mirror and cursed in mandarin. She deliberately drove slow for a few minutes before speeding off. Where should I go...? Yifa (Ying-Fan) and Luce would want something, anything that was useful.... she thought to herself, using nicknames she would never say out loud to anyone.

Mei-Lien took a turn that the Pigsty was on and decided out of the blue that she should head there. It was a good place as any to start at. The cops by now would have heard the rumors about the Iron Tundra and the Crimson Blossom. And perhaps they had some leads, or some hints that would lead to some leads. The seductive Chinese woman parked in one of the assigned parking spots for visitors. She opened the door as well as her umbrella when she put it outside.

Once she locked up her car she found herself standing infront of the doors of the police station. Under different circumstances, she would never have wished to be here. But luckily for her they really have nothing to pin on her other than the fact she's with the Crimson Blossom. Which can easily be seen by the lovely placed tattoo on the right side of her hip, leg and foot.

Mei-Lien closed her umbrella, opened the doors and stepped inside. She immediately placed her transparent umbrella in the little pot like umbrella holder by the door. She then smoothed out her Qipao, and rearranged her hair in a side part to frame her face in a more feminine and seductive way. She then placed one foot in front of the other (like a model walk but more sexy) and made her way to the front desk. Mei-Lien didn't care who she flirted with, male, female or anything in between. As fate would have it though, it was a male. Of course. Most cops were male.

"Yes, Can I help you Miss...?" The cop struggled to guess at her name as he looked up from his computer when she approached.

"Oh... you can help me plenty... Officer Konan." Mei-Lien purred his name as she leaned forward. The cop immediately looked intrigued and a wide grin appeared on his face. "Yeah?"

"Oh yes." Mei-Lien moved her arms to frame her large breasts and placed her hands on the desk. "I was wondering if you could help me..." She looked up from Officer Konan to a door opening to see Martin Klint walk out of an office. She knew enough about Martin to know he wasn't as dirty as the rest. A good cop, doing his job the way he's suppose to. And with that in mind, she figured she'd get more out of him than anyone else in here. Maybe. If not, well she was going to have fun with him anyway.

"Hold that thought." She placed a red painted finger on the officers' lips soon as he was about to say something. She gave him a look and walked off to intercept Martin. She bumped into him 'accidentally' with her softest parts and nearly fell. "Oh, I'm so sorry." She noticed a few things in the moment and the seconds that led up to that moment. Martin was muscled, and huge. And it felt real nice to feel him steady her on her legs. He also smelled distantly of cigarette smoke. If she remembered correctly, he liked Raptors? She placed her hands nonchalantly on him, with one on his chest and one his arm for a second or two before he released her as she 'steadied' herself. She looked up into his six foot one frame and softly smiled.

"Thank you..." She said sweetly and looked up into his blue eyes. "Your eyes are so beautiful.. I wonder if they are beautiful in all kinds of lighting? Dim lighting perhaps?"

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/wnQL4ee.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: The Pigsty

With: Martin Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian [/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

Mei-Lien 'Scarlet Temptress'
With: Martie Mart (Martin)

Mei-Lien drove seamlessly through the streets, turning here and there until she hit traffic. As she sat there waiting for it to move, her mind started to wonder to the first day she was found by the Crimson Blossom. She been listening in on a new group in town that was trying to take some action from the CB. She figured she could make a couple hundred bucks. But little did she know, she wasn't the only one eyeing this new group. A CB enforcer was too. And it was just her luck to get caught. They didn't approach her until she seemingly had all the information the group could give her. And of course she didn't want to get beat up for the information so she spilled.

Mei-Lien was then brought to the leader, who at the time was Mama Kao, and made to her the same information to the leader. She was heartless and cruel but somehow came off as compassionate and kind. She mostly showed the latter to her children. Mama Kao asked Mei-Lien a couple of questions concerning things like her age (she was 17 at the time), her family, goals and the like. Mei-Lien found it laughable now that she even considered lying to the old lady.

And so, Mei-Lien was offered a job on the spot, though she didn't take it right away. She needed sometime to think it over. Mama Kao sent her home with three times as much cash she thought she would have made that day. And even though Mei-Lien did not accept the offer to work for the CB just yet, Mama Kao occasionally stayed in contact with her. Even Lucinda once in awhile would show up at her school and they would hang out because they got along well.

The jobs Mei-Lien received were low profile and low-risk, easy stuff. It was good money, really good. Eventually she felt needed and became proud of her skills more so than she really was. By the time Mei-Lien graduated she had time to think about the offer Mama Kao dangled infront of her and accepted it.

In no time Mei-Lien and her family were living the life. They got them a new place and recovered most of their belongings and bought new ones. Mama Kao even set her up with an apartment after her family got back on their feet. Along with putting them under protection. To show how grateful she was, she eagerly took on the trademark tattoo of the gang. The young spy kept her source of her money on the down low when it came to her family. To keep them safe and kept them from disapproving.

Things were going great for Mei-Lien, the CB and her family... that is until Mama Kao died out of the blue. Lucinda, who was being groomed, had to take over the group and Fan was appointed Lieutenant. Things were rough for awhile until the transition of power became smooth. The two sisters worked hard at their new found positions and the jobs came in more frequently for Mei-Lien. About half a year from this point, Fan had sent for Mei-Lien

That was the day Mei-Lien and Fan started to become a thing. To this day, she wondered what the Jade Tyrant saw in her that caught her attention, but those thoughts didn't last long as time went by.

There was a sudden honking noise and her brown eyes widen due to her being startled and looked up to the rear-view mirror and cursed in mandarin. She deliberately drove slow for a few minutes before speeding off. Where should I go...? Yifa (Ying-Fan) and Luce would want something, anything that was useful.... she thought to herself, using nicknames she would never say out loud to anyone.

Mei-Lien took a turn that the Pigsty was on and decided out of the blue that she should head there. It was a good place as any to start at. The cops by now would have heard the rumors about the Iron Tundra and the Crimson Blossom. And perhaps they had some leads, or some hints that would lead to some leads. The seductive Chinese woman parked in one of the assigned parking spots for visitors. She opened the door as well as her umbrella when she put it outside.

Once she locked up her car she found herself standing infront of the doors of the police station. Under different circumstances, she would never have wished to be here. But luckily for her they really have nothing to pin on her other than the fact she's with the Crimson Blossom. Which can easily be seen by the lovely placed tattoo on the right side of her hip, leg and foot.

Mei-Lien closed her umbrella, opened the doors and stepped inside. She immediately placed her transparent umbrella in the little pot like umbrella holder by the door. She then smoothed out her Qipao, and rearranged her hair in a side part to frame her face in a more feminine and seductive way. She then placed one foot in front of the other (like a model walk but more sexy) and made her way to the front desk. Mei-Lien didn't care who she flirted with, male, female or anything in between. As fate would have it though, it was a male. Of course. Most cops were male.

"Yes, Can I help you Miss...?" The cop struggled to guess at her name as he looked up from his computer when she approached.

"Oh... you can help me plenty... Officer Konan." Mei-Lien purred his name as she leaned forward. The cop immediately looked intrigued and a wide grin appeared on his face. "Yeah?"

"Oh yes." Mei-Lien moved her arms to frame her large breasts and placed her hands on the desk. "I was wondering if you could help me..." She looked up from Officer Konan to a door opening to see Martin Klint walk out of an office. She knew enough about Martin to know he wasn't as dirty as the rest. A good cop, doing his job the way he's suppose to. And with that in mind, she figured she'd get more out of him than anyone else in here. Maybe. If not, well she was going to have fun with him anyway.

"Hold that thought." She placed a red painted finger on the officers' lips soon as he was about to say something. She gave him a look and walked off to intercept Martin. She bumped into him 'accidentally' with her softest parts and nearly fell. "Oh, I'm so sorry." She noticed a few things in the moment and the seconds that led up to that moment. Martin was muscled, and huge. And it felt real nice to feel him steady her on her legs. He also smelled distantly of cigarette smoke. If she remembered correctly, he liked Raptors? She placed her hands nonchalantly on him, with one on his chest and one his arm for a second or two before he released her as she 'steadied' herself. She looked up into his six foot one frame and softly smiled.

"Thank you..." She said sweetly and looked up into his blue eyes. "Your eyes are so beautiful.. I wonder if they are beautiful in all kinds of lighting? Dim lighting perhaps?"

Last edited:
[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/9uiIj0U.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]"I do the one thing that scares me the most every day. I remember."

- Nili
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Nili Belmonte[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "Trigger"[/div]
[div class=title]Member of Higashi-Gumi[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
The room was dark. No sun rays could get in through the thick curtains. There was no telling which part of the day it was solely by being in the room. And that was exactly the way I liked it. There was no need to remind me which part of this miserable day it was. Or any day for that matter. Somehow they all seemed the same to me and I didn’t even bother to try and make differences between them. The sounds coming from outside reflected my mood perfectly. It was raining. Heavily. And that was how I felt ever since…ever since Mahli…yeah, never mind.

I rolled out of the bed and looked around. There were several things on my plate that day and this was the very first time I actually looked at the watch. Great. Just great. The rain drops were hitting my window in a rhythmic, almost melodic pace and I still didn’t bother to open the curtains. It was dark outside even though it wasn’t the evening yet. The dark clouds took care of that.

It always took me a long time to get out of the bed room. Waking up itself was hard and then I spend good twenty minutes making the bed, straightening out the sheets, making the corners even. My OCD would never let me leave it otherwise. But I needed to be in hurry. I had to leave my home in less then an hour and there still were…things I needed to take care of.

The shower was refreshing. One of the very few favorite things I now had. The hot water running down my body, washing away the sweat from the sleep. I let the water hit my face. It was my time to think. The only time I allowed myself to think about the past, about how things used to be, the time when I allowed myself to cry because the water masked my tears. I was ashamed for not being able to get over things but then again, was there a way to overcome the death of someone who was with you even before you came to this wretched world?

At the end of my washing ritual, I took few splashes of cold water in my face just to hide the puffy eyes I got from all that crying. Finally it was time for the comforting part. Checking the time, I still had some good time. The wooden box was awaiting me in the kitchen. The one I have opened so many times and the exact one that could give me what I needed. Relax. Rest from all that grief. Brief oblivion.

The candle was burning in matter of seconds. I liked my way of doing it. The way I saw Vincent Vega do it in Pulp Fiction. That way spoke to me. Was there any other way? I wouldn’t know, never looked into it. Maybe I only thought I was special. Anyway, whatever. Who cares? I certainly didn’t. I got my fix, I got it fast and it offered me all I needed. The very second the needle pierced my skin, I felt my pick-me-up running through my veins again. My head was tilted back, I vaguely saw the ceiling through eyes which were squinted so much, they were almost closed. Few minutes passed. Or hours? I wouldn’t know anymore. All I knew was that I had to leave. It was time for my meeting. I was assigned a bodyguard for some reason now. Didn’t know why, didn’t care. But he was waiting for me at the Sōko. The Fang.

It was all I had to do at home. I was ready to leave. With pleasant humming in my ears, I made my way downstairs and I was on my way, driving to the Sōko, accompanied by the sound of Bullwinkle by The Centurians. I might have been invested in that Tarantino movie more than I’d like to admit. The traffic was horrible but for me, it didn’t really exist. I took my sweet time to get to my destination and yes, I was absolutely fucking late.

"I hope you haven’t been waiting long." I said to the man under the umbrella when I got out of my car. I looked at him, my eyes still glassy but I wasn’t really bothered by that fact. "Nili Belmonte." I introduced myself and offered a handshake.

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/iHHxIo3.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: The Sōko

With: Kurusu Akashi ( Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/sIVdv7s.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]"Love me if you can but be prepared for the thorns."

- Lucinda
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Huizhong Kao[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "Lucinda"[/div]
[div class=title]Leader of the Crimson Blossom[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
Not once did Lucinda turned around. Sloane was waiting for her inside that pub but she was too invested in finding her precious pet that she simply couldn’t look around for her bodyguard. At that very moment, she didn’t really care about walking down the shady neighborhood with even shadier man at her side. He offered to help and Lucinda would take every help she could get. Sure, the man walking with her was looking scruffy and judging by their brief interaction, he was rude and surly but one thing was definitely true – he knew this part of town much better than her or Sloane could ever dare to say. And if she had even the slightest chance of finding her cat, Lucinda knew she should follow him.

Looking around, the streets looked insidious. Especially in the darkness of the storm raging around since morning. Not many people decided to go for a stroll right now. Tall woman in a long coat with long black hair and even taller man, but equally dark, were almost the reflection of the weather. Nothing, but sound of rain drops falling on the ground, hitting the walls and windows of sad old building and clicking of Lucinda’s boots resounded on the empty street. Several random cars passed them as this was not really the place, usually hit by the rush hour. Wind was swishing around them, changing the direction of rain every now and then and yet neither of them seemed to be bothered by such a detail as getting wet.

Lucinda at least carried the umbrella, at least some part of her body was protected. But her companion was walking without one, his fists tucked deep in his pockets and his shoulders slightly slouched as if that was supposed to prevent the rain water from slipping behind his collar. Lucinda only stole few looks, not wanting it to be too obvious. He didn’t seem like the type who appreciated people gazing at him. And Lucinda certainly wasn’t the gazing type of woman.

What was, however, unmissable even after those few brief looks, the man had something in him. Something she couldn’t really name just yet. He certainly was troubled. Lucinda sensed tragic story behind all of that. But she also suspected that under that rough, hard, abrasive appearance, there was…must have been a man with feelings. His face was handsome in this different way. Not classical one. But there was something about that jawline that was worth to mention. Though she didn’t even try to guess who he was. No point. There were too many things he could be.

The search was not bearing any fruit and though her face remained the same, Lucinda was getting worried. Meyli could have been completely elsewhere and even…no. No negative thoughts. Meyli was here somewhere and Lucinda strongly believed it. And suddenly they stopped. She looked around, thinking maybe he spotted her somewhere. But only disappointment came from his side.

"Well, I hate to break it to you lady…but this is where I’ll be."

Of course. They have probably reached his home. Lucinda couldn’t ask him for more than this and even if she did, he didn’t look like he would be willing. She was just about to thank him for at least walking with her when she noticed the stunned expression of his face. Her eyes went wide and for the first few seconds, she didn’t understand. She looked where his eyes were pointing and her heart skipped a beat.

There she was! Her Meyli! Scratching on the window of an apartment. Looking closer, there was a reason. A Seal-Point Siamese, Lucinda assumed, if she knew her cats right.

"Looks like she only wanted a friend." Lucinda smiled and flashed a look at her companion. What had to be done for this man to smile even a little bit? Luce sighed and walked over to retrieve her pet. "Come on, love, say goodbye to your new friend. Until next time." she told her gently and took her away from that window. The cat was not really happy about it, meowed loud and even left a long scratch on the back of Lucinda’s hand. But it wouldn’t help her anyhow as her mistress immediately put her inside the cat carrier.

"Thank you. You have no idea how much you helped me. How about I buy you a drink? That’s the least I can do." Lucinda offered, not having the slightest idea of desperate Sloane looking for her in the rain.

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/oDpKKwF.jpg);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: Atlas' apartment

With: Sicarius Sicarius [/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

[div class=box]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/7LLTnZw0/it2.png);"][div class=info][div class=text]"I do my job

As best I can."[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=name]Sloane Aleandra Gabriel[/div]
[div class=alias]a.k.a. "The Carmine Shadow"[/div]
[div class=title]Bodyguard to the leader of the Crimson Blossom[/div]​
[/div]

[div class=post]
Sloane ran through the rain-drenched streets, panicked, not caring that her suit and her shoes were getting drenched, barely paying attention to the parcels in her arms. Lucinda, where are you? she thought wildly, crazy thoughts chasing themselves through her mind.

I can't believe I let her out of my sight- what was I thinking?! She flashed, briefly, on Ada's tearstained face, and shook her head to clear it, scanning the street for any sign that her employer had passed through here. What if she's hurt? What if she's captured? What if someone... She couldn't finish the thought, shaking her head again. If something had happened to Lucinda, it was her fault. Keeping her safe was Sloane's job.

She was horrified- she'd never made this kind of mistake- gotten distracted like this. Not once, in her entire career. Alyenka had hired her because she was so good at her job, and now... Sloane didn't even want to think about what her former employer would think of her if she learned of this. Even though she'd been traded away, Sloane still felt loyalty towards the woman who had recognized her skill and given her a purpose, and the thought of disappointing her (or anyone, really) was unbearable.

Not to mention Lucinda. For the most part, she was simply panicking about what had happened to her boss and where she was, and her number one priority was to find her. But it was also an inescapable truth that disappointing Lucinda had far more physically frightening consequences than disappointing Alyenka. At the Iron Tundra, you'd probably get a beating. In the Crimson Blossom, you would get tortured and, in all likelihood, killed. Lucinda had no tolerance for failures, and her twisted little sister took far too much pleasure in punishing those who had displeased her.

Sloane shook her head a third time. Stop thinking about useless things and just do your damn job! she chided herself, scanning the area again.

A few blocks away from the bar, Sloane bolted past a side street, then skidded to a halt, turned around, and backtracked. Standing there, in front of an apartment building, looking perfectly safe and at ease, was Lucinda! She was standing in the street, talking to the man from earlier, and she appeared to have somehow found her cat! The irate Angora was mewling in the carrier.

Sloane ran up to her and stood at rigid attention. Her relief at finding her employer safe was only eclipsed by her worry at whatever reprisals would come for her grievous oversight, and she attempted to keep her expression as blank as possible.

"I'm deeply sorry, Madam," she declared, "for failing in my duties."

She inclined her head, but glanced upwards as she did so, at the man in Lucinda's company. He didn't look like he was a threat, but it was still unacceptable that Sloane had let her wander off with him like that. She kept her head bowed and waited for judgment to be passed.

[/div][/div]
[div class=img style="margin-left: 10px; background-image: url(https://i.postimg.cc/XN9XFCdt/it1.png);"][div class=info][div class=text]Location: Atlas' apartment

With: Atlas, Lucinda[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

{coded by Ayama}

1584581097468.png
Bonfilio Caruso | The Poignard Shadow | Lorenzo's Body Double

"While the meeting is ongoing, though, I'll need you to stay put. Seeing me anywhere other than the meeting might raise suspicions, and we're trying to keep the spotlight off of us as much as possible."

Bon only nodded at Enzo, at which point Hal had entered. Whatever the lieutenant had to take care of during his absence was anyone's guess. Bon figured he must've been the person he liked most in this group of criminals, no doubt thanks to his familial disposition. Bon wordlessly watched as everyone set off to the garage, then as their cars drove off to the Gatted Goy, finishing his cup of wine. Save for the guards, he was essentially alone in the palazzo. It wasn't the same as his life once was, but a moment of peace was a moment of peace nonetheless. Bon went ahead and poured himself another glass. The bitterness of the wine and his current situation grew more tense in his mind, and it showed through spiteful grumbles.

"Make my mom think I'm dead..." he muttered, setting the glass on the table. "Tell me to lose a pound, gain a pound, make sure you eat this in front of others, drink this instead of that..." Bon left the kitchen in search of his room. He realized the dip in his mood, and was moving to fix this issue. Gloved hand on his head, he stumbled into his room and closed the door behind him. The bedroom appeared as if it were brand new, thanks to Bon constantly tidying things up every day. He did so as a means to get his mind off his peculiar life, which, like every other solution, was merely temporary.

Bon pulled open his bedside drawer, digging past neatly folded suits and brought out a small bag. He moved the lamp on the drawer a bit to the side, dumping the bag's contents: a small pile of white powder. Bon scowled at the pitiful amount, knowing its effects won't even appear if he snorted it. Reluctantly, Bon pushed the powder back into the bag. "Damn it... I'll have to call Fan again..." He hoped his dealer would be more lenient today as he reached for the telephone. "Fan, I'll need more by tomorrow, it's already out and—Damn it, Fan..." Nope, just as pricey. "What do you want me to say? They're meeting up with the O'Hallorans at the Gatted Goy to talk about the dead runner, and they told me to stay here, now will you have pick-me-ups by tomorrow?" Fan's answer calmed him a little, and the dealer hang up.

Bon ran his hand over his face after removing his glasses. What a fine mess I was dragged into. Exhausted, yet unable to sleep, he would remain in his bedroom unless something came up inside the palazzo.​

1494A85D-3A85-4645-BA6F-25D8D5161FB5.jpeg

Jessica - Abaddon - Informant
Jess listened to the Tailors request. Information on the Iron Tundra's and Crimson Blossoms "supposed dealings" as he put it. The information was not as concrete as she would have liked only rumors and what not, but in this job more often than not that's all you have to work with. Rumors and hearsay, to some it was worth it's weight in gold. Jess flippantly waved her hand and took on a carefree smirk. "Thats what you want to know huh? Simple enough." Jess leaned in a bit taking a slightly more serious tone, and posture but still kept a smirk on her face. "Now if anyone other than a potential employer asks, you didn't hear this from me but, based on whats been floating around lately Tundra's been dealing in Crimson Blossom territory, the man responsible is unknown, but speaks with a heavy Russian accent" Jess leans back into her seat casually. "and that's all I got on that it's not a whole lot I admit but if you want more then you'll have to find out your self or find someone with more info than me, if you can that is."

Pysren Pysren - Sacha "The Tailor"

1584668972782.png
Higashi Kurata| Omoikane | Higashi-Gumi Accountant

"Good- let me know as soon as you hear back from him, and in the meantime, please work on getting me an outline of your plan to recoup our losses at the warehouse. We need to repair the damage as swiftly as we can."

A simple task. Kurata nodded and was first to leave. By the sound of it, the other Higashi-Gumi members would off doing their own work, leaving Kurata alone. She entered her office, where papers were neatly tucked away in dozens of categorized files, which were then sorted into specific file holders on the shelves and a few below her desk. The room was near symmetrical, and not a speck of dust was visible. First, she took the plan outline from one of the files and set it on her desk. Before taking it over, there was someone she needed to call, specifically a private investigator. Corvus, as he called himself, had quite a reputation preceding him, backed by a vengeful background. The best person to help her case.

With the footsteps of the guard patrols going through the door to her office, Kura hesitated on picking up the telephone. Yet, after a few seconds, she entered Corvus' number. "Gi-san," she said as the phone still dialed, ensuring that any potential eavesdroppers wouldn't think much. When the other end picked up, she said, "I have a job for you, concerning all of the Higashi-Gumi. It would be easier to explain the details in person. Right now, you just need to know that everything I need is dependent on you. Since you aren't at the Soko, what do you say to meeting at the Autumn Leaves later today?" Here's to hoping she was convincing enough for both sides.

Sicarius Sicarius

Users who are viewing this thread

Back