• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern flower boys- Boys Before Flowers/Meteor Garden themed RP

Asuhra

weeb
For those of you who aren't familiar with the show: The most basic summary I can offer is, a young girl who has spent her entire life in poverty, ends up attending a prestigious university (depending on the re-make, she is either very talented, intelligent, or gets in because of a scandal). On one of her first days, she discovers that the school is ruled by four boys who call themselves F4. Each boy comes from an incredibly wealthy background and they are all known for being extremely handsome and tall. After what is usually a very comical introduction to the boys, she finds herself becoming a part of all their adventures. The main character always starts off as a very strongwilled person who is constantly coming into conflict with F4. The story includes trips to luxury resorts, yacht rides, arranged marriages, memory loss, kidnapping, attempted murders, bullying, drama, drama, drama... I could go on. As the girl begins to get to know the individual members of F4, she meets other characters along the way. Some being childhood friends of the boys, jealous girls, controlling parents, etc. The leader of F4, and also the most wealthy of the boys, always falls in love with the main character and they usually get married at the end.

Immediate thoughts: I of course would want to add twists to the original story line in order to differentiate it and make it our own. And instead of having the role play focus on just one main girl, I think it would be fun to think up some unique backstories and relationships to bring in more female characters. For example, one girl could be a childhood friend, one girl could be a little sister, one girl could be a poor scholarship student, one can be betrothed in an arranged marriage, etc. I would also be completely open to having the members of F4 explore their sexuality within the group (can you imagine the scandal and the drama? Yasssss). This story is going to take place in modern-day Korea.

General Requirements/Rules:

1. I prefer quality over quantity when it comes to writing requirements. Depending on how inspired I am, I can write a whole essay or a single sentence . I understand that writer's block happens, so I would just require at least one or two paragraphs per post.

2. As far as face claims go, use realistic photos only. I'm also really not a fan of descriptions in place of photos.

3. I'm fine with people having multiple characters, but I'm going to set the limit at two. Also, let me know if you're going to make more than one character first.

4. I won't require anyone to post too often. I'm thinking somewhere between 2-3 post a week, depending on the amount of free-time you have. I know that everyone else has lives of their own, so if you are busy or need some time, just let me know and I will completely understand. I was thinking we could just go as quickly as naturally comes to the group.

5. I won't be accepting based on first-come-first-serve. It's important that each character has a unique dynamic or set of traits to bring to the group, so please take some time to think about what will set your character apart from the others. For example, if there is already a quiet, submissive, shy character, don't make a similar character. If you notice there seems to be a lack of outgoing, loud characters, then fill that void. Same goes for looks. If you notice a lot of characters have black hair, make a character that doesn't have black hair! Just be mindful and be unique.

So my big question would be, is this something that any of you would be interested in? :ghost:

EDIT: Character page is officially up and ready to receive some apps!

Character Page
Main
Lore
OOC

Last edited:
I’m in! So, basically an altered version of the show with multiple female protags and maybe some more males too? With the twists, of course.

Yay! I'm working on coding a main thread, so I'll update you all when it's done ^.^

Also, would you guys prefer doing realistic face claims or nonrealistic? I could honestly go either way.

Uhmmm hella interested??? I loved the manga although i uh preferred the soft boy over the guy she ended up with sorry

Uhmmm hella interested??? I loved the manga although i uh preferred the soft boy over the guy she ended up with sorry

Honestly same! I never read the manga but I've watched the Korean and Chinese dramas a couple times and I always find myself wanting her to end up wit da soft boy. Except in Meteor Garden it makes sense why she ends up with the leader. Their relationship ends up being pretty adorable.

Gah with these harem types i always get second love interest syndrome 《:^T and just so this doesnt end up being me just chatting

Im probs gonna make a lady who got betrothed ^w^ im a big fan of arranged marriages (in fiction! Not in rl lmao)

Honestly same! I never read the manga but I've watched the Korean and Chinese dramas a couple times and I always find myself wanting her to end up wit da soft boy. Except in Meteor Garden it makes sense why she ends up with the leader. Their relationship ends up being pretty adorable.

I really enjoyed reading the manga, but it just had such a will-they-won't-they premise that made me want to pull my hair out!!! plus their relationship is like lowkey exhausting because they both jump to conclusions so easily and are incredibly stubborn/manipulative,,,,, loved it tho dont get me wrong lol

pinnasina pinnasina lol sounds good. I have a character forum in the extra pages, but I want to finish coding and setting it all up first. I'm going to create some roles for people to choose, like loose backgrounds that people can use to build upon. For example, one of the members of F4 will be the heir to a successful gaming and electronics company and another will be the heir to a hotel chain. You guys can pick their personalities and looks of course and add on to your backgrounds however you like.

callisto callisto Oh my gawwwwwddd I hate that so much. I swear Meteor Garden would only be a 24 episode show if they didn't add in all the times Daoming Si or Shancai jump to conclusions or overreact to something.

YES absolute agreement there. Like as much as I love the premise and the story, is communication like not a thing?

Also the one thing I remember about meteor garden (see it was so popular here in Philippines lmao) was that one scene where the main girl got tied to a chair??

I remember that scene! I think she gets kidnapped or sexually harassed like once or twice throughout the series. Was that the time the main guy let himself get beat up?

I've only seen the kdrama and it was wild enough.. can't imagine how meteor garden would be

Personally I absolutely love Meteor Garden. It's just as tacky as any other drama, and there are definitely some cringy episodes *cough* the last two episodes *cough* but I think because Meteor Garden was like 54 episode as opposed to the 24 that Boys Before Flowers had, it allowed for all the characters to really develop some depth. Like each character gets their own romance and I really appreciated that. In Boys Before Flowers I remember wanting to see the other members of F4 more often and you actually get that in Meteor Garden. To be fair I also haven't seen Boys Over Flowers in like 8 years and the biggest thing I remember about it was how much I wanted to marry Kim Bum when I was 14 😅

oh man, it's been a hot minute since i joined a krp. mayhaps just going to loiter around here, being interested in applying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back