• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 「we happy few; we band of brothers」

jinkx

amateur sleuth
hi i'm jinkx and this is a roleplay idea i've done a few times because it's one of my favourites. and before i get to the actual roleplay idea, please know that i do not glamorise or romanticise mental illness. i enjoy writing about mental illness because it's something i cope with myself and therefore writing about it is... a coping mechanism, i suppose? anyway, disclaimer over. if you think mental illness is desirable or glamorous, the door's over there.

my idea is a sort of group therapy roleplay. i've done this kind of thing in the past and have always encountered the most interesting characters, the most inspired writing, and the most thoughtful roleplayers. if you've read 'the unlikely hero of room 13b', you'll get where i'm coming because it's kinda sorta inspired but i'll explain anyway.

this would be a group of adults, aged between eighteen and thirty, who attend a group therapy session once a week. (age limit for characters isn't really negotiable, for which i apologise). these people would be attending these sessions out of choice- this is not forced therapy- and we would write about their lives and interactions both inside the sessions and outside of them. some relationships will be pre-established prior to the roleplay starting.

the rules are few and far between but here they are:
1. obviously stick within RPN guidelines (no gore, sexual stuff, etc)
2. this is not a romance orientated roleplay (while romance may happen, it's not the main theme)
3. everybody must make at least one post a day (unless they're away/ill/etc)
4. please be willing to put some effort in; i would like detailed or semi-detailed writing and people who are willing to put some effort into their characters
5. be kind and considerate to one another

the roles are as follows:
therapist one - jinkx jinkx
therapist two -
group attendee one - jinkx jinkx
group attendee two -
group attendee three - seasonedcat seasonedcat
group attendee four -
group attendee five -
group attendee six (newcomer to the group) -

please let me know if you are interested and which role you are interested in below! as soon as the roles are filled, i will put up the threads. and please don't join if you are going to disappear halfway through making your character sheet, never to be seen again.

(if you aren't available currently for roleplay but might be interested in future or all the spots are nabbed by the time you read this, more spots in the roleplay will open up in the future)

Last edited:
By the way what is the difference between the attendees? I know is new, but is that the only difference in the positions?

By the way what is the difference between the attendees? I know is new, but is that the only difference in the positions?
There is no real difference, I'm just only accepting a maximum number of six attendees because otherwise it will get overcrowded. I'm only looking for a small group of people. The reason that attendee number six is being specified as new is because in my past experience, I've found that often everybody likes to write their character as 'the new guy' and I mostly want a group of characters who already know each other so I decided to only let one character max be 'new' to the group.

Kk, thanks. I want to be number 3 =) 3 is better than 2. If that is ok? I think it should be??

im interested but not really sure if i can keep up the one a day post due to work

I may not be able to do it, but i would like to be the second therapist, if possible.

jinkx jinkx

ill be pretty active but i might miss a day here and there because of twelve hour shifts

Ah! that should be fine! <3

I may not be able to do it, but i would like to be the second therapist, if possible.

jinkx jinkx

Well you see, jinkx jinkx hasn't been on for a while (not since November 28th to be exact) so I was hoping to run the RP until they return, however I am not very sure how I would play a therapist. You are free to be a therapist but would you mind playing the lead therapist and just discussing things with me and maybe me be the sider therapist? would that be alright? Or me be the lead and you can help me a bit with how My character should act?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back