• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ♡. kdrama-style love triangle thing (CLOSED)

allure

angel eyes ♡

YOU & ME (& THEM).
EVERYBODYwooneeds love, especially in high school. by your third and final year, you're studying like crazy for your exams, getting a generous one hour of sleep every night, and trying to juggle your mess of a social life (if you have one, that is). pop culture would make it seem like this is the prime of your youth, and in some ways, it is. can you imagine being this frantic, struggling so hard and having so much fun at the same time when you're in your thirties? of course not. it's a time of conflict, a time of distractions, and especially a time of tenderness for those fortunate enough to fall in love. but sometimes, even that love can be problematic. what if your object of affection has another admirer? what if they're madly in love with someone else?

i don't know why i felt the need to write that in prose style, but it sets up the mood nicely! basically, if you've ever watched a kdrama that's set in high school and has three leads, this is it. two words: love triangle.

yes, true to the formula of this classic concept, there will be humor, hijinks, drama, rivalry, clashes due to class distinctions, and pain! originality is of secondary importance in this plot; after all, it's super fun to adapt multidimensional characters from one-dimensional tropes (no matter what the elitists say). quality of writing and steady pacing is much more important! that being said, here are some base requirements my partner ( n u n c h i n u n c h i ) and i would like our ideal future partner to follow:
♡. 2+ paragraphs per post, though serendipity and i usually go beyond that. if that seems like a bit much then this rp isn't for you ^^ (we may ask for a writing sample)
♡. any experienced rper knows that good communication is the key to success. having a discord would be extremely helpful since it provides an easy way to spam each other talk and plan efficiently.
♡. be invested! if you know you're too busy to participate actively, it might be better if you don't try to stretch yourself. add to the discussion, don't be shy(⌒▽⌒ゞ if you feel like you're losing interest, tell us, we won't be mad!​

since this plot is pretty thin, you'll have all the freedom to create side characters and suggest ideas! if you're still interested, below are a short profile of the characters and some information about each. they are not comprehensive (notice nothing is mentioned about their past, family, or aspirations) but should give you a good idea of what you'll be working with. thanks for reading~

JUNG, JUNWOO
played by: n u n c h i n u n c h i
name: jung junwoo
faceclaim: heo hyunjoon
orientation: bisexual
trope: the rich asshole
any kdrama-worthy love triangle wouldn't be the same without the sadistic snob who thinks he's the shit but also harbors a secret cute side. junwoo is the type of perfect everyone strives to be. he’s got everything–good looks, intelligence, athleticism, money. at least, that’s what it seems like. in reality, he can be, well, a prick. getting under people’s skin is his favorite past time. teases and insults tumble effortlessly from his lips. he’s haughty and narcissistic; the type of boy to hold himself far above others. junwoo is just as talented as he thinks he is, packing as much bite as his bark. there’s no doubt that he's entitled, and when he sees something he wants, he gets it. junwoo is used to people falling at his feet, so when a challenge arises he’s all the more willing to go after it. call him a masochist, junwoo loves it when someone stands up against him, knocks him down a peg. at the end of everything, you’ll want to so badly punch his perfect face. unfortunately, his smile is adorable.

HAHN, SUNHEE
played by: allure allure
name: hahn sunhee
faceclaim: bae yubin
orientation: undecided
trope: the eccentric beauty
it doesn't always take an evil villain with a pretty face to remind us that beauty can be deceiving. sunhee has the kind of looks that you could fall in love with at first sight, but her elders and many of her peers think that her etiquette leaves a lot to be desired. it's a shame, they say, shaking their heads as if she is the tragedy of the decade, if only her personality was as refined as her appearance. alas, hahn sunhee was not born to live up to society's expectations. once you get up close, it's easy to tell that she's a ball of energy most of the time, someone who is very passionate about her many interests and who more often than not comes off as a little strange. she's emotionally all over the place, a capricious girl with a penchant for acting on impulse. though she tends to regret her lack of self control later, she can't help but indulge in her whims and follow her dreams, however cheesy it sounds. sunhee means well, really, but she's never been so good at reading social cues. naturally, she doesn't care for strict rules or people who try to put her "in her place."

LAST, FIRST
played by: you
name:
faceclaim: must be east asian
orientation: will affect plot
trope:
this third character (played by you) will decide the direction of the love triangle for certain. there are two ways this can go: either there's someone in the middle and two characters are after them (B > A < C) or there's a chain of love uwu (A > B > C). there are no sexuality limits for your character, so they can be as gay as the rainbow or as straight as a ruler, but their preferences will obviously affect the triangle. your faceclaim must be realistic and east asian considering the setting is a korean high school. if you don't know many east asian fcs, serendipity and i can help! don't worry too much about creating a character right now, it's probably better for us to get acquainted first before diving right in lol.

POST BELOW IF INTERESTED (*´꒳`*)

Last edited:
... bump...

haven't contacted anyone yet bc a) we're not sure if you're interested or just posting for lolz idk guys be clear with your intentions or b) you're not exactly what we're looking for (but we still love and adore you) edit: or c) we're indecisive asf and are very sorry we'll get to you shortly

Last edited:
wow, thanks for all the interest everyone! serendipity and i have decided on a partner, so this search thread is now closed~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back