• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

DM

The New Union dropships all exited hyperspace in formation, quickly maneuvering behind a large debris field to maintain a low profile. Due to the nature of space debris, the dropships are forced to continuously calculate all possible debris trajectories while heading to the drop off zone, as collisions can end up severely straining the dropships' shields and hulls. Still, the dropships' internal computers are more than capable of these complex calculations, allowing for the dropships to arrive at the drop off zone without fault.

Once the main dropship group arrives at the DZ, all of the Sabre Corps / Twisted Wolves unloaded from their respective dropships, with some of them waving good byes to their trusty transporters. In the distance of the debris fields lay a Smierc cargo outpost. Already, several transports are coming and going from the outpost, presumably carrying whatever the Smierc Collective requires nearby.

Adrian

Our dropship ride once we arrived in the mission system wasn't too shabby. It took only twenty more minutes for us to arrive at the drop zone after exiting hyperspace, so no real chance for space sickness to potentially develop. By the time we slipped out of our dropship, I was real glad that our KAISYS armor can withstand the harsh conditions of outer space.

"Fireteam Nexus, do we have any problems before the mission?"
"No sir. Our gear is in top notch."
"Roger that. Keep communications to close-range laser bursts. We can't really risk medium-range comms leaking to the Smiercs, can we?"
"Understood."

My Fireteam switches to close-range laser comms, as I look over to our target outpost. Looks like we're going to have to ride some of the debris here over. Otherwise, we'd all be shot instantly by those Smierc AA turrets. After what we pulled off in Operation THROWDOWN, security for all Smierc sites got boosted.

"Friendly units, be advised. We've scouted out enemy AA turrets. Recommend diverting some of the debris as a distraction before moving in behind cover, over.", I report over the laser burst comms.

Mike
Mike got ready for combat by touching up on his armors paint color, fixing the flakes of paint that were gone. He puts the armor to give it a quick run down. Stepping in front of a fan to let the air hit it to see if it was air tight...

"... Course the arm pit area isn't sealed..."

he said and starts to tinker with the armpit seals... He finally perfected the fit and swings his arms around,

"Finally..." he takes note on what length of space he gave the pits.

"Great... now I just need to clean my guns and kni... Guns. Just those." he said.

He liked keeping his knife dirty, cleaning it every now and then so it doesn't rust away. He took his weapons apart. Then came a go order and he boreded a dropship. He was slightly bigger than the other heavies, but that's because of how much plates he usually welds and tries to keep. His was the MOST battle scarred.

His shoulder plate was burned from high caliber rounds and an explosive mark. Old world weapon that launched a grenade and detonates on impact...

'Poor bastard was desperate...'

he thought and chuckles out loud. Some whispered that he was a psycho or he worked undercover once for a brutal gang... Far from the truth.. He just believes in intimidation tactics. Scare the enemy so they fight worse than usual. He looked down at his scorched boots

'Feet first into hell indeed'

he thought. Once off he stands by waiting for his named to be called for battle...

He looked around, looking towards the groups of soldiers. He sighed. Was he too psychotic to be put into a squad? He was only a monster when the fighting began...

Last edited:
H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177

(Mind reformatting your post? Kinda hard to read. Separate into paragraphs, and add your character name to the top so it's easier to ID. Bold the dialogue/inner monologue and separate them from the post. Refer to my post as a reference.)

I flip my helmet in my hand and put it on, letting it pressurize before standing and jogging off the ship to join my Fireteam. I unsling my rifle and look ay my fireteam, the KAISYS Beta a stark contrast to the minimalist recon team of Alpha's.
"Gear check, everything in accordance?"
"Yes, M'am, drones in order, guns are loaded, and the Fireteam is ready for command."
My sergeant responds.
"Good, let's get going. Be advised Omaha will scout ahead to mark any patrols and measure security. Let's move!" I inform everyone, thrn turn and make a move to a vantage to try and guage security. I make it up a high bluff overlooking the facility, the rest of my Fireteam speading out to gather more angles. I take out my artillery spotter, which doubles as my trusty binoculars in some instances, and beging to overlook the actual place. "Omaha, begin marking all visible Smeirc troops and security measures. After we get a full scan, rely it back to the awaiting Fireteams, over." I tell my Fireteam, beginning to mark patrols I found.

(She rode seperate to her Fireteam. And you won't be roasting her callsign when she comes out of jack-diddly nowhere and saves your hide.)

Raijin
The dropships slipped out of hyperspace and began various maneuvers to avoid the asteroids and debris that made up the Cesena-01 Fragments. The ships engines began to slow down and the airlock light flicked on. That's weird, we didn't do a dock, nor are we near any large fragments....That means...OH, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP. WE'RE DOING AN EVA... FLOATING IN SPACE!!!

Raijin began hyperventilating, his suit began flashing, indicating extreme mental and physical stress. From his body, sparks began to fly. The other members of Comet began jumping out, avoiding Raijin as he fell to his knees, clutching a chair. Raijin didn't want to go into space, it was a complete vacuum, and he couldn't pick up electrical signals or receive sound waves to navigate. He was completely blind. That was not to mention the fact that he didn't want to experience what had happened four years ago, when he woke up alone in space; drifting aimlessly with no hope of survival. Only his EVA suit was functional at that time, nothing else... he couldn't see.

Several Comet troopers looked at the Gunnery Sergeant as they went out the crew cabin. Some were obviously scared, with lightning bolts flying out in all directions. The ship's systems were beginning to malfunction. The air in the cabin was almost gone, and the world around him was fading... He could only see the ship, and that's because he was clutching a seat, but besides that, the world was gone for him. After a few minutes, it appeared that everyone had left the ship...except for one person with their hand on his shoulder.

"Sir, are you alright?" It was Hammer's voice through their comms.

"NO! I WON'T GO OUT THERE! I WON'T LOSE MY WORLD AGAIN!"

"Please, Sir. Calm down. The ship's going to be damaged. Besides, we have to go on the mission. Everyone else has already left the ship."

"NO! I can't... I've told you right?...About my... condition?"
The sparks began to subside. Hammer was brave, he could've gotten hurt. But then again, the lack of air prevented any more flying bolts.

"Yes. Is that why? You won't be able see anything?"

"It's more than that. You don't understand how terrifying it is to be unable to experience anything. When I first woke up, all I knew was the suit on me, no sound, no vision. I had no idea what was going on or who I was. I don't want to live through that again..."

"Please, Raijin, Your team needs you."

"Why do you want me to come with you? Just put me in a cyropod where I can't do any harm and send me back."

"You have get over your fear. It's perfectly justified, but you can't stay like this.... Come on, Raijin. This is not that man that saved me a month ago."

"Save you? I got the rest of my team killed for goodness sake..."

"But you didn't let me die, and you tried your best to keep others from dying. You can't save everyone, but you can be glad for those you do save."

*Sigh* "Alright...but after this, I either need to get a therapist, or a drink. Preferably both."

"You know you're not legal right?"

"You're gonna waste all that effort just to put me down? You're cruel Private."

"My apologies sir. I guess it's my turn to carry you to safety."
The two of them shared a chuckle as Hammer picked up Raijin, and began to jump off the ship. Now Raijin's world was gone, except for the one man he managed to save.

Vega

I felt the space slow down considerably, probably signaling that we were here. The doors opened and I disembarked as other men did before me. I quickly checked my weapons and lowered myself to a crouching position. All of them seemed to look fine, they’d better be or I might end up having a funeral with a closed casket and a tombstone of humiliation.

The man, Raijin, seemed to be having an argument with the man he referred to as Hammer. Then after the debate of having trauma of some sort, Hammer picked up the man as if he was an infant. A few recruits chuckles as Hammer carried him off the dropship. He’s obviously suffering mentally with something, PTSD perhaps, which was no laughing matter. I couldn’t do much though, the laughing was understandable, it was embarrassing for Raijin and I suppose it’s only human to do that. Still, I feel terrible for him, I almost want to put him out of his misery... if I was even allowed.

I waited for orders...

Adeliina Spadania(Arclight 3)// Status: Agitated, Stressed
FireTeam: Arclight

Our ship was one of the last to drop out of FTL and communications were already being pushed through.
Nexus had spotted AA turrets and Omaha was doing what it did best marking targets and providing over watch.
Following the inputs of the others chief maneuvered the debris and using the OMS burners to direct it around us as he guided the ship toward a safe LZ.
Finishing up the checks with my gear I provided no speech, no words of comfort. This time I felt they were not warranted, not because the men didn't need it but rather because I didn't want to hear anything more out of my commanding officer.

The ship touched down Francois and Levataine pulling near security as myself, Larson and Hannah came around pressing Chief off quick to keep our infil time to a minimum.
The others picked up with us as we moved behind Larson at a quick pace spacing about 25 meters apart in a fire team wedge. I was the front left corner with Hannah behind me while Francois and Levataine were flip flopped on the opposite side a basic formation to balance our firepower on both sides.

"3/4 this is 6 we will push toward that outcropping and look for a transport to enter, stay frosty"

Levataine and I acknowledged the command and broke wide slightly on our respective sides upon reaching the broken earth.
Looking downward we could see the bay. We must have just landed south of it and this was a good vantage point if you retract the 300m drop.

"Sir?"
Levataine questioned but was cut short by a raised hand a signal to stay silent.

"We use the HVES and then rappel the others. Arclight3 your up."

"But sir?!"

"Enough Sgt, 3 get in position I'll drop you at 94 degrees. When you hit the bay place the mag lock"

Levataine was astonished that his words went unheard but I wasn't surprised he chose me to enter first.
Respectively both of us were Frontline operatives but normally Levataine handled breach points and I managed the support aspects.
I placed my hand on his shoulder to calm him as the CPT hooked me into the HVE.
I took a deep breath before letting what little gravity there was from my suit take me down the drop.

(HVES)- High Velocity Entry System
A gear set of CPT Larson's that hooks to a service member and using angles rapidly accelerated them toward the intended destination, uses a carbon nioxide tether and a magnetic grapple.
These devices are difficult to manage and have resulted in many training incidents)

As I draw my spotter away from my visor, I begin to see the full map forming on my HUD, I also see part of Arclight moving ahead without the bulk of the forces. "Hey, bud, yeah, we need a transport, but without proper knowledge of the area, you will get your team killed. So I suggest you haul it back to the rest of us before something bad happens." I say, trying to remain professional but I bit of anger rose in my voice. This person was so unprofessional it amazed her he was a captain.
VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

John Mieras
John got out of the drop ship later than the rest but not the last one. John looked for his fireteam leader who was slightly behind and seemed to be stressed. Sparks flying and lights blinking.
'All those gadgets yet the problems persist. What a shame' he pondered before jumping with the rest out into the vacuum. Taking cover behind a few pieces of floating debris. He didn't fear the vacuum, he just feared being stuck in it.
Sticky bombs, check
Rifle, check
Medi-pen? Nope.
Fuck. Gotta do this right, because he knows that if hes hit without his shields then he will have no way to numb the pain.
John had to be honest with him self that he had no idea what he was doing. So far all he picked up on was 'destroy something and don't die'
It would look bad to ask now so John kept his mouth shut, following behind the main force but not going forward unless he had substantial backup or completely alone.
He spoke into the radio with the provided frequency
"This is John. Have the recon teams seen any weakpoints in patrols?"
John is informal in training. he didn't know any millitary lingo so he just went with what came natural.

Last edited:
J

Oh lordy me. I figured it was gonna end up like this. I fucking knew it. The damn bastards up at Command. Absolute bastards, everyone of them...

When the dropship hatch opened, I was very, very hesitant to walk out. I exchanged glances with my Fireteam, who also drew their eyes towards me. I couldn't see it, but I knew they all were looking at me, and knowing what kind of position space puts me in. Goddamn, why did I have to be the guy who unjammed that piece of shrapnel on that shuttle engine? Even if it meant losing someone on my team, goddamnit, I would still wish that damn piece of shrapnel didn't lodge itself into the damn ship in the first place.

No. No, what the hell did I just say? Can I take that back? Losing someone on my team would be far more devastating than a crippling fear of the airless void. No one deserves to die for another's fears. I hype myself up, ready to disengage my mag-boots, when, Raijin beside me has a total short-circuiting. Looks like he shares the same fear, except his probably originated somewhere way earlier during his life, from his warped and scrambled yellings into my comm piece.

We quickly got out of there. I know it's bad to leave a scared man behind (I would know), but it's another thing to get hurt trying to rescue him. Especially when your bond with him isn't as close with the ones who are at stake. Raijin may be a nice guy. He really might be. But I wasn't the only one on the dropship. My entire Fireteam, the one I've busted my ass trying to protect, was also onboard, and the sparks and electricity jolts were a clear hazard. Danny even got zapped in his left foot. But, my condolences to Raijin. And Hammer too, for having to get that guy un-fucked and ready to roll.

I steady my mind, taking uncertain steps on these pieces of debris. At first, I clumsily slipped off of them, but then managed to get a good foothold. Well, more of a handhold, what with my holo-machete being dug into the rock and all, but, same concept. My AI then noticed me of friendly beacons. Rather close to the Smierc position.... Wait, what the fuck?

"Arclight, this is Comet. Appreciate the determination, but would you kindly not fuck this operation up and wait for friendly forces to get into position, over?" I said, with a scared, yet annoyed voice. Can't believe this guy made Captain. How many credits do you need to be that high in rank yet still be that low in IQ? I don't know, it's been a while since I was a NU grunt, but I bet it's a lot. I'm almost just tempted to shoot the guy myself. It's not that hard from here, even though it's a machine gun, my weapon's still gonna be on target for the first few shots. And the armor's not that big of a deal with my custom rounds.

But I retain my coolness.I look around, and Raijin has (more or less) recovered, and a new face, temporarily tagging along for now. A young sniper, with his ID reading "Vega". I hook him up on my comms. "Hey. You got any good abilities we should know about?"

I then turn to my friend, Dav. The guy was staring at the rock we were on, seemingly hatching a stupid scheme. But, has any of our plans turned out to be intelligent? So, I motioned my head to him. He nodded reluctantly, and begun to mouth off. "Aye, mate, I've been thinking, y'know. This piece of debris 'ere, with my explosives, I can get us on a course. Maybe all the way to that Smierc outpost, even. Y'know, just in case, things go wrong. Hope I'm not jinxing ourselves." I nod to him, with an unseen smile.

I get on my comms, hailing Fireteam Nexus on comms. I feel relaxed, since these are laser bursts, but I'm growing a bit wary, since from what Dav explained to me while drunk (long story), these things don't work that well over long distances, and might get intercepted. With that in mind, I kept this exchange short. "Comet, in position. We have contingency plan in case this goes south. Over."

(Oh, by the way guys, laser burst comms are indecipherable for Smierc units. J just isn't that bright of a guy to know that. Just informing you guys on behalf of Peram.)

Vega

As I awaited orders, a comrade exited the dropship. He looked around before scolding Arclight for being reckless, they obviously wouldn’t give a shit but I guess it was worth a shot. I checked my wrist PDA again to find out that the man was my higher up, named Joachim... pretty strange name. He asked what I had in terms of powers in which I turned to face him and told him.

“I have the ability to manifest wormholes for rescue, teleportation, and the storage of items, sir! I also have Optic Camouflage for stealth if needed and Thermal Detection implanted in to my right eye!”

I quickly go back in to a crouching position and keep a lookout for any patrols heading towards our LZ. The Fireteam Leader speaks through laser burst comms shortly after to let people know that we had a contingency plan, making sure it’s short so it couldn’t be intercepted. I waited for any more orders or questions as the Fireteam Leader finished his relay of information with the other Fireteams.

Bill
I silently head out into space from the dropship. One wrong move, and I will probably be dead.
Well, wouldn't hurt to be careful.
"Reporting in."
I try to keep my talking brief, then lift my left hand, summoning a small orb of metal. Satisfied, I disintegrate the orb, ready my DES, and keep a close eye around me.

MIKE
Mike was assigned to Omaha and was taken to them. He sat back and waited for a kill order. He was excited for another battle. He checked his gun every thirty seconds.

'Storm clouds fire and steel. Death from above make their enemy kneel'

He said in his head. He wanted to fight, he was bored waiting. He hopes this recon squad wasn't JUST. Recon. Or he would lose his mind. He was a man of war, not peace. Mike was gods way of saying 'I need a perfect war machine' and so mike was born... He checked his gun again... The clacking of the ammo drum(Or box), the sliding of the bolt... He checked his gear too, doing a chest pound every now and then... He was a wolf in sheeps clothing it seemed... Or a gorilla in armor... Whatever the means, he gave off a feel that, he was trustworthy, strong and deadly... An easy feeling, calming...

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87
VeiledPariah VeiledPariah
(God I hope I got everything right...)

Last edited:
H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177

(Can't see the text man, the heck?)
("
Mike was assigned to Omaha and was taken to them. He sat back and waited for a kill order. He was excited for another battle. He checked his gun every thirty seconds.

'Storm clouds fire and steel. Death from above make their enemy kneel'

He said in his head. He wanted to fight, he was bored waiting. He hopes this recon squad wasn't JUST. Recon. Or he would lose his mind. He was a man of war, not peace. Mike was gods way of saying 'I need a perfect war machine' and so mike was born... He checked his gun again... The clacking of the ammo drum(Or box), the sliding of the bolt... He checked his gear too, doing a chest pound every now and then... He was a wolf in sheeps clothing it seemed... Or a gorilla in armor... Whatever the means, he gave off a feel that, he was trustworthy, strong and deadly... An easy feeling, calming...
")

(There it is)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back