• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

QizPizza QizPizza

(WOAH WOAH WOAH! Hold your horses. Don't control other people's characters unless they explicitly allow you to do so! Just letting you know, so you should edit your post, lol)

Adrian

By the time Fireteam Nexus got into the enemy warship, we had barely avoided detection from unexpected drone security. From the security layout that Mr. Nantucket gave us during the briefing on Portus, I had expected some measures of electronic security measures, but I had made sure to disable the ones along our route to the Smierc warship. Still, it looks like there are other security measures in this orbital ship dock that are not listed in the layout that the Portus undeground rebels managed to steal.

With that in mind, Fireteam Nexus quickly got to work setting up the initial nuclear mines on the outside of the ship. That was the easy part of the sabotage operation. The real problem was accessing the hyperspace-generator section, which had a full compliment of Mortus Troopers defending it. The outside nuclear mines are only designed to ensure that the defensive hull of a Smierc warship is compromised in order to let the main explosion of the hyperspace-generator to really destroy the ship and several nearby ones as well.

"This is going to be pretty troubling if we can't get to the hyperspace-generator...", I mumbled to myself as I prepared Fireteam Nexus for the infiltration op.

Bill
"I'll follow you, Sergeant Rahjin. I will provide directions as we go."
I, with an air of calm, walk/crawl in the vent.
But in reality, I'm filled to the brim with butterflies. Once again. One wrong move, and we're all done.
I carefully crawl along the vents, ready for combat... if something goes wrong.

Here goes.

(School's keeping me busy, apologies)
J

"Alright. Good. Raijin, go first, Hammer second, we move through the vents as we nullify threats and traps." I said, as my fingers clasped tightly around my Strajk, still careful not to squeeze the trigger too tightly, despite the safety still on. Can never be too careful, even with Smierc weaponry. Especially with Smierc weaponry.

As the wonder duo got into the vents, I get in after them, my face and hands inches away from Hammer's boots. He seemingly activated his power already, as my clunky gear scrapes across the vent, but create no sound. I just hope he can keep this up for the entire way. Wouldn't want him deactivating as we scrape and crawl our way above a Smierc patrol or something. One machine gun burst along the vents is all it takes for Fireteam Comet's wild blazing adventure to end prematurely.

You know, being in these cramped corners with my sidearm drawn out reminds me of that one unit back in the cluster of wars on Old Earth. It was in some tropical corner of the globe, something starting with a V. Can't put my tongue on it. Anyway, they were called the Tunnel Rats. Crawling into the enemy's own tunnels, facing a myriad of invisible threats and booby traps, armed with only a sidearm. I somehow feel an uncanny resemblance to those guys, but I do hope we don't end up how most of those guys did; dead in enemy territory.

Last edited:
(School's keeping me busy, apologies)
J

"Alright. Good. Raijin, go first, Hammer second, we move through the vents as we nullify threats and traps." I said, as my fingers clasped tightly around my Strajk, still careful not to squeeze the trigger too tightly, despite the safety still on. Can never be too careful, even with Smierc weaponry. Especially with Smierc weaponry.

As the wonder duo got into the vents, I get in after them, my face and hands inches away from Hammer's boots. He seemingly activated his power already, as my clunky gear scrapes across the vent, but create no sound. I just hope he can keep this up for the entire way. Wouldn't want him deactivating as we scrape and crawl our way above a Smierc patrol or something. One machine gun burst along the vents is all it takes for Fireteam Comet's wild blazing adventure to end prematurely.

You know, being in these cramped corners with my sidearm drawn out reminds me of that one unit back in the cluster of Terran wars. It was in some tropical corner of the globe, something starting with a V. Can't put my tongue on it. Anyway, they were the Tunnel Rats. Crawling into the enemy's own tunnels, facing a myriad of invisible threats and booby traps, armed with only a sidearm. I somehow feel an uncanny resemblance to those guys, but I do hope we don't end up how most of those guys did; dead in enemy territory.

(The people of the Sigma Sector refer to Earth as Old Earth, not really Terran. Just to let y'all know)

Raijin
Yes, by all means, put the blind guy in the front. But then again, it's not like J could've knew when he gave the plan. Besides that, all Raijin did was crawl along, lightly touching spots along the vents where he sensed electrical signals. With his other hand, he held his suppressed revolver. He had a feeling that he would like suppressor. It would let him focus on enemy gunfire as opposed to his own shots. Even then, with Private Hammer's Sonic, Raijin could barely hear anything. Without the ability to hear, his Electromagnetic Vision just doesn't come together as well.

Let's just hope that we get this over with soon. I can't stand it with this much silence. Wait a second... One of the most horrifying thoughts possible just occurred to Raijin. They were stuck in close quarters... with weapons unprotected from his electrical discharges. Any fluctuation of his emotions would most likely send the entire fireteam on a one way trip to a fiery and explosive death. Especially with some members of the team packing Smierc weapons.

Raijin was relieved when they finally reached to end of the vent after about 30 minutes. After scanning for armor signatures and robot control signals, he kicked the vent open. Upon crawling out of the vent, Raijin detected an enormous electrical power grid. One that was shaped like a ship, but several times larger than the largest ship he'd seen. We're going to have fun trying to blow this one up...

As soon as Hammer crawled out, he stood still. Even if Raijin couldn't see his face, he could tell that Hammer was in shock of the sheer size of the ship that sat in front of them. Turn toward the soldiers that were just crawling out of the vent, he said, "Alright, Fireteam Comet, who wants to blow up a dreadnought?"

(Just a general reminder. I'm waiting on y'all to plant your explosives onto your targets. Once that's done, things will get spiced up. My Fireteam is almost there now, just need to sneak past Mortus Troopers and hope not to trigger alarms, hint hint)

Bill
I follow Raijin out of the vents. Finally, some light!
My mental celebration is cut short upon spotting the warship.
Ah. Right. Put charges on... whatever this is supposed to be. Some bomber, I imagine.
However, I only have limited charges. I better make them count.
I surver the ship, closely looking at the thing. If I had an unlimited supply, I could just plant the charges everywhere...
Hah. Wishful thinking. I study the giant warship and wonder where to put the charges. For starters, maybe near the comms station... if there is one.

Last edited:
Bill
Ah. Right. Blow this... whatever this is up.
I start planting charges. Oh man, what IS this thing? Some giant bomber or something?
Well, whatever THIS is, it's not leaving base. I keep that mind as I keep planting charges.

(Um... too little details. I need some sort of transition from the vents to the airlock of the orbital dry docks. Can't just say *plants charges, and expect to do so immediately.)

DM

As the Sabre Corps and the Twisted Wolves get into position for their nuke planting activities, the Portus underground movement began to assemble for a massive battle. They knew that once the orbiting shipyard is struck by the New Union, the Smierc will try to completely subjugate Portus in order to tighten their already iron-grip on the desert world. This would be a chance for the underground rebels to try and push the Smiercs out while their orbital superiority is under attack and out of commission.

Kris Nantucket ordered the moles he planted within the Smierc ranks to start pulling out, as he didn't want any of them being tortured for information or end up betraying the entire movement in a moment of weakness. As the moles quickly made unassuming excuses to take an early leave, or just straight up sneak out of their positions, Nantucket patiently waited for the fuse.

Then, in the distance, he saw expanding fireworks in the sky. This is their time.

Adrian

Sneaking into the hyperspace generator was not the problem. As I've said earlier, the Smiercs still rely on classical computers (binary) to perform their computing needs, while the New Union had switched to quantum computers for some time now. That allows us to easily take down their lighter security measures, though their more sensitive data is secured by their own version of quantum computers, which is much harder to crack.

Once the charges were planted, I found myself facing a contingent of Mortus Troopers. That got my heart rate pumping, as I knew that they mean business. There's no way I could lead Fireteam Nexus out without taking some damage to the team. Taking a breather, I silently signaled Fireteam Nexus for a focused stream of fire on one of the Mortus Troopers.

I gave the order.

That sent the Mortus Trooper flying to the opposing wall, with its assumed brains splattered all over. Its surrounding Troopers quickly snapped to our position and started to fire their weapons. Thankfully, our own IRESS manages to take most of the lethal damage, though I am forced to use my Mass Tornado to clear the Troopers and give a chance for Fireteam Nexus to make a break for it.

Alarms blare all over the Smierc dry dock facility. This is going to be messy for sure. Once Fireteam Nexus escaped to a safe distance, I activated the nuclear charges, completely obliterating the Smierc dreadnought and several other warships nearby.

"All friendly units! Activate your charges now! Once you do that, that brings us to the minimal threshold to call in the Scouting Fleet! Do it to have a chance to live!", I yell over the tachyon transmission in order to attempt to keep practical radio silence.

Bill
I finish planting charges everywhere. Near the engines... comm stations... looks good. Time to sneak in.
(Hmm, can't think of a sneak in part, any ideas? Disregard the following for now, will edit to follow any ideas.)
Then a crystal bolt flies over my head. I turn around and spot Mortus Troopers. That... is NOT good. I prepare to fire my DES, then I recieve the tachyon transmission.
Detonate the charges.
I mutter to everyone,
"On the ground. Now."

J

After 30 minutes of crawling through the vents, finally, Raijin found a way out. Even though the guy was in a suit, I could tell, from his erratic moments, he was a bit anxious. Can't blame him. Pressure gets to us all. I noticed Danny's hand shaking ever so slightly, as he tries to hide it from me. I gave him a few looks, and then he recollected himself.

We dropped down from the vents. And holy shit, the size of that damn dreadnought. If it were to be active, it'd probably tear through at least 2 of our corvettes. Maybe. I don't know space battle weaponry that well. But it would make for a good explosion. My friend Davos definitely thinks so, judging by the slight smirk on his face. I can't even see his face, but I know him well enough to tell when he sees something worth blowing up.

The trip to the airlock was easy enough, with Raijin leading, neutralizing the robots that inhabited the area with his abilities. There's a lot of equipment and cargo in this level, mostly technical stuff. Construction and repairs, maybe? Maybe we should blow this place up as well, just in case. Or are we going to capture these things?

No time to wonder about that. Our primary objective is to blow the ships up. And that's what we shall do.

The airlock comes open well enough, without the need for rough persuasion techniques. Rebel codes are a miracle. We activate our air tanks, and boosted towards the dreadnought with jetpacks. Well, something like that. I felt a rush of fear as we entered space, and exchanged looks with the rest of my squad. They looked at me reassuringly. I psyched myself up for it. I'm not going to die again. I'll watch my air next time.

Soon enough, we reach the dreadnought. An explosive charge from Dav allowed us entry into the engine area, with Bill coming in to plant the charges. I followed him, leaving Dav outside with Carlison to plant the charges, with Hammer ordered to stay outside and provide lookout and protection. We reach the insides, the same foreign hallways and corridors I encountered last time, that time I almost... yeah.

We provided security as Bill planted a charge relatively near the engines and a comms station nearby. We were about ready to move, but then a crystal bolt flew above Bill's head, its air ripples landing on my suit. A Mortus patrol, sent to investigate the breach. Shit. I didn't think of that. Mission's compromised.

Well, we are equipped for this. I arm my LMG, and put down a suppressive burst down the hallway where the shot came from, seeing a slight splash of a Bio-Field absorbing a hit. As gunfire erupted in the corridor, I could hear Morrison over the comms, followed by Bill's voice. "On the ground. Now."

We're going to blow the charges. But we're still in the ship. Shit. "No, wait! We gotta get out first!" I yell in a panicked voice, discharging a larger volley of gunfire as a result, as my squad hurriedly tries to get out, their IRESS taking the hits. Bill finally went as well. And as I ran and shot, I jumped out as well, through my own hole that I created with a grenade blast near me. As we got clear, I gave Bill the order to detonate, crystal bolts still whizzing towards us.

I order all units to clear the ship on my tachyon comms. As I broadcasted and looked at the list of people I'm broadcasting to, I feel like something's missing. Katherine and Miller. Where are they? I lost track of them in the gunfire and infiltration and shit. I try to hail them on comms. "Katherine, Miller, where are you? We're detonating!"

Raijin
Fireteam Comet had made our way to the hyperdrive engines relatively without event. They even got all the charges set up no problem. But once the Mortus Patrol found them out, they had to blow the charges before they could disable them. Crystal bolts flew towards the heavily armed fireteam. J began to spray his LMG at the Mortus Troopers when Bill told us to hit the ground.

"Wait a second... aren't we still on the ship that we're blowing up?"

The soldiers next to Raijin looked wide-eyed when they heard this. As if on cue, J commanded the entire fireteam to evacuate. The soldiers of in the corridor scrambled out onto the dock holding the ship. Raijin stayed behind until all the troops were out, holding off the Mortus Troops with the help of Hammer. However, just as the two were about to leave J notified that they were short two people.

"Katherine and Miller? I think they went... the direction where all to baddies are coming from..." Raijin told Hammer. "J, I don't care what you say, but I'm not leaving this ship without all of our men. I've lost a squad today, and I don't intend on losing part of another. I expect you to wait until everyone's off, before blowing anything up. Over"

"You're going to be in trouble you know?"
commented Hammer.

Raijin ignored him and drew his odachi from his sheath, reattaching the DES-TV to the magnetic mount on his back. Facing the Mortus Troopers, Raijin allowed his powers to run wild along the super-conductor lines and readied his thruster pack.

Using the pack's top speed, he charged toward the Mortus Troops at 300 miles per hour catching them off guard. A powerful slash cut through the armor the one nearest to him, briefly creating a 200 milliAmp current between the blade and the armor, stopping the trooper's heart instantly. The next trooper met a more brutal fate as Raijin grabbed his spare magazine, detonating too close for the BFS to register. The final trooper was somehow able to match Raijin's speed and block his strike. The two super soldiers exchanged blows with their blades, but neither of them could land a lethal blow. Luckily, Hammer took advantage of the soldier's concentration on Raijin and shot the last one in the back, distracting him long enough to let Raijin finish him.

Raijin, lightly injured from his clash, limped toward Hammer, saying, "We should probably get going, Hammer. I don't feel like dying today, and neither do Katherine and Miller. Well, at least I hope so."

Carter Nyles
I meandered my way through the vents at the back of our little train of people, my stomach wrought with feeling of uneasiness. We were making a hell of a lot of noise, or at least it sounded that way to me. According to this Hammer guy, he was isolating the noise we produced which turned out to be incredibly useful in our current situation, especially considering how damn loud that Joachim was with his bloody LMG and heavy armor varient. Stealth definitely wasn't this man's style. The uneasiness about crawling through the vents had left me after a few minutes of crawling unperturbed, however I still felt a wave of relief when we finally dropped down from the airvents into our mission objective. I took up a covered position immediately.

I was keeping watch from behind one of the ship's massive engines when the Smierc patrol breached through the wall. Luckily, we already had the charges in place by this point and ready to detonate, but that didn't stop me from spending my entire magazine on the patrol in a few short seconds. The process of charging the bolt of my rifle was so second-nature to me now that I could expel ten rounds accurately in around five seconds. My shots hit their mark just about every time, however the Smiercs armor, similar to ours in some ways, deflected the rounds with ease and there was no apparent damage done.

I loaded another magazine into my rifle from the cover of the engine before holstering my it to draw my AutoPistol. With it in hand, I sprinted across the room, spending the entire magazine to get to the blast hole that Joachim had carved out in the side of the ship. I made it with relative ease since they were mostly focused on Raijin's brutal attacks, dropping the spent magazine of my AutoPistol to replace it with a new one as I rushed to catch up with Joachim and the rest of the squad.

I was hearing some slightly alarming things over the tachyon communications, like how we planned to detonate the charges while still on ship. Now that I finally had time, I decided to address the pressing matter. "I'm sorry? There's no fuckin' way you're serious about blowing this rig up while we're on it?" Carter asked over comms, his voice high-pitched with hints of disbelief intertwined in it. By this point he had caught up and was trailing casually behind the rest of the squad, AutoPistol still clasped firmly in his right hand.

Bill
It was this moment he realized what he just said. Blow up. On the ship.
"Man, talk about rushing things..."
(Whoops. Thought Bill was outside)

(Sorry guys, but college has been dragging me down a bit. I'll try to get something up by tomorrow, I promise!)

Adrian

Despite the fact that Fireteam Nexus managed to get out of the range of the nuclear charges, we still ended up being tossed by the sheer amount of material forcefully thrown all around. In the inhospitable environment of space, it's often fatal to get your suit damaged in any fashion. Thankfully, our KAISYS suits are more secure (plus the inclusion of the IRESS to assist in absorbing the physical trauma) than the primitive space suits early space explorers would have worn. I quickly gather the rest of the team and take a look at the situation. My call to the Scout Fleet had been received properly, so reinforcements and our extraction crew should be here in a moment. Sure enough, overhead, the Scouting Fleet jumps out of hyperspace and begin to lay down heavy fire to the confused, flaming mess of the Smierc Assault Fleet.

DM

Commander Perez made sure that the situation was not going to result in heavy losses for the Scouting Fleet before committing to the call from Captain Morrison of Fireteam Nexus. Once the Scouting Fleet got into ideal positions, Perez gave the order to launch the railgun barrage on the weakened Smierc Fleet. Portus is going to be hit hard by the Smiercs later on once the Smierc come back for retaliation, but the survival of the New Union depends on this fleet being mostly destroyed. Captain Nuremberg helps organize the attack, directing several fighter squadrons to hit the enemy's AA systems to help the Scouting Fleet survive the defensive barrage.

The Captain also arranged dropships to extract the Sabre Corps and Twisted Wolves deployed for the sabotage mission, but requires safe LZs.

"Personnel on the enemy installation, we need safe LZs for extract. Send coordinates once you secure a safe LZ, over.", called the Captain.

Bill
I silently growl as the captain sends a transmission to secure a safe LZ.
"Raijin, do you hear me? You need to get out of here! Have you located Katherine and Miller?"
I'm kneeling behind some cover, returning fire against some Mortus Troopers.
"Captain, I know we're supposed to keep transmissions to a minimum, but we're missing personnel-Katherine and Miller. Is it possible to detect where they are?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back