• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ƈยгรϵ𝔡 ᎮǟՇђ - OOC - Closed

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Doaheem

A long shadow creeps across the horizon tainting everything with its foul miasma. Blood drenched crusades and conquests have exhausted the many kingdoms leaving splintered lands and towns loosely held together at best by barons alone, while others collapsed and became rife with famine and bandits.. or worse. Kings and rulers, at once, seemed driven by an inhuman zeal to gobble each other up like starving orphans, gladly tossing their citizens into the grinder for inches. Their lust exhausted populations, resources, and the very fabric of society as towns were razed giving way to crime and disease. The skeletons of grand kingdoms such as Westmorlim and Dyrsden continued to function after the War of the Lost ended as new cults and other parasites picked along their noble bones.

Our tale begins in a sleepy town on the outskirts of the Stormy Woods, it once was part of Dyrsden. It's a simple town filled with a few farmers and fishermen. Its only remarkable locations are a church and the inn for passing travelers on their way South West around the Capped Heights to the great deserts and further to the Lands of Tyria or East to the vast sea. With little in the way of entertainment, the church is one of the major staples of the area preaching a balance of love and hell to corral their population.

The focus of my tale is not with this town or of its humble denizens but with a party of adventurers and glory seekers. A group of individuals from across the realm and with a collection of skills and history as broad as the stretch of land you've traversed. For whatever reason, whether it was a chance at a better life, a holy calling, or even the simple call of coin, you've come to know and rely on an enigmatic duo of a disgraced knight, and a wandering sorcerer. The Sorcerer seems to have an agenda of his own, and it's brought enough coin and loot to keep the party happy. This group, your group, happened to find yourselves at this exact location at this exact time for this exact moment. Some would call it fate, some would call it intervention, it matters not.

Those of the party familiar with the quaint town would find a profound contrast from the usual smiles and warmth that stood against the dreary environment. They were greeted rather with a town haunted with whispers, suspicion, and fleeting glances beneath sackcloth hoods. The town seemed now to be in ill repair as well, with buildings poorly maintained and food raw or rotting. The entire scene stank of some unknown taint save for the church itself which despite its surroundings glistened brightly.

You arrive at the local inn with a faded sign that reads "Rusting Lure," and immediately notice that the only people in the tavern beside yourself are the Keeper himself and his daughter. They appear visibly distraught but seem somewhat relieved by your sight and seem to be the only welcoming faces so far in the town.

The owner of the town's inn, a nice man with no interest in the gods above seems to be the only one that hasn't really changed. He speaks with a strong enough voice although noticeably shaken. He begged you to investigate the church and even promised you a healthy bit of coin to do so. The sorcerer seemed at ease with his suspicions and ravings and you realize that this was precisely why your group was brought here in the first place. Your party agreed to investigate the silly man's ghost stories for a good purse and entered the church. You find yourself on the outside of the church which seems to glow with an unearthly purity although things don't appear to be what they seem on the first steps of the Cursed Path.

GUIDE
I will be keeping this small and hope to have, 5-7 at most and I currently have three spots reserved.

This story will draw from some RPGs and stories and was inspired by the universe of Diablo 1 and 2 as well as the Diablo novels.

When the Character Sheet page is posted, I will only post the application as well as accepted profiles with most information censored. Please do not post your application to the public but rather send it directly to me. Gotta keep the mystery :)

Beyond that I'm open to a variety of classes and occupations, if you have an idea, please run it by me as I'm really hoping to get in-depth with my players, their backstories, and relevant groups. Just know that magic tends to be very powerful but time/energy consuming to use.

I really REALLY encourage you to interact with this world, mold it, add to it, I will do my best to work your creations into the world and make them part of it.

In Character Rules

1- Standard rules of dickery and god moding apply, if questions are had feel free to ask
2- Technology as well as magic is standard Fantasy using Diablo (1&2) as a reference guide.
....2a. From what I've played, Torchlight 2, Dark Souls, and Path of Exile also apply.
3- Firearms have been invented but are matchlock/flintlock, they have passed beyond the point of rare works of awe and wonder and have emerged slowly throughout the world but without unified kingdoms their development is stagnant
....3a. While equally rare due to price, a knight wearing full plate mail will likely defeat a rifle in single combat as the rifle will not puncture the plate.
4- The rule of balance applies. Enjoy your overpowered character and the proportionate amount of pain that befalls you I'm looking for relatively underpowered characters that rely on story and the other players to survive. That doesn't mean I'm trying to kill you but the DM gotta DM.
5- Remember this is a fantasy roleplay. Realism is nice but for the sake of story I will ignore some things like the rusting of metal gear or the warping of bows/dampening of powder but keep it reasonable I don't want to see Legolas running around shooting 8 arrows at once while snowboarding on a shield
6- This is the big one. I've left the back story particularly empty on purpose. Feel free to create as you will to the story whether it's a group of people, a city, character class etc. If, during the story, you want to create more, run it by me and I'll work with you to add it into existence.
7- If you have a grand idea for the story please ask me first. I'm understanding but I want to know what to expect when something big hits.

Last edited:
And an amendment to the races, please keep them localized for lack for a better word. While I love Tieflings and the like, they do not fit in this setting so please nothing related to angels, demons, extraplanar/dimensional beings. So please keep your races to and around the area of the classic RPG races, you can deviate from that sure but, well I'm sure you have an idea.

Crossposting to both OOC and Interest Check thread.
It pains me but at this time I'm marking the thread as closed to new players. I recognize that I received quite the influx of new applications in the last few days that I wasn't able to get back to while with my family. Perhaps if I can get this running smoothly I'll be able to accept new players but for now I'm closing it off.

For those of you that have been accepted, be aware that everything that's part of your background whether it's an event/crusade/ritual or a group/guild/kingdom/religion/cult it's now a living part of this world and may come up in thread. So please take some time, if you haven't already, to reflect on your character sheet and consider whether or not you want to expand on those parts because I will if you don't.

EDIT

Good news - I've got a full deck and with that I've got some wonderful player lore that you all have provided. I'll be piecing things together today and adding to the Lore page as I get stuff and as it becomes relevant to you all. My hope is to use the Lore page to A. Provide obvious information initially that's a combination of my own lore as well as what you have provided then to B. add lore to it as it becomes unveiled in the RP itself.

Bad news - because of that process and more because I'm busy today getting caught up, I won't start this until tomorrow the 3rd. I hope you understand and I hope that the end product will be well worth it :)

Last edited:
Sorry I goofed and forgot to tag everyone. Thank you ithinkcat I hope to make this a fun journey :)

Doaheem Doaheem how much is the required length for posts? I’m just asking because I’m having terrible writers block right now but I don’t want to get behind

I'm trusting you guys to decide your own length. I've looked at your writing in your applications and don't think I'll need to implement something like that. I know the muse isn't always there :) and I hope once we get more into gear that there will be plenty to respond to.

I'm trusting you guys to decide your own length. I've looked at your writing in your applications and don't think I'll need to implement something like that. I know the muse isn't always there :) and I hope once we get more into gear that there will be plenty to respond to.
okay thanks

Welp, just lost power to a section of the city. Had an ice storm so no idea how long until it's fixed. Post won't happen until after that. Not going to type up a full post on my phone.

No rush guys :) I will probably aim to have a post up on Sundays with this Sunday being the one exception. We'll see how it flows.

“but they offered copper all the same... perhaps hoping to lure her to their table and eventually to their bed.”

Elen:
1546720074256.jpeg

im laughing, also cant wait for the drama to unfold

Hahaha we'll see. Also I think I'll keep this going with a plot advancing post on the weekend (this one excluded) and to make response post for the world responding to your characters throughout the week as my muse hits.

What things? the howls? Who said they were close to town ;) you're more than welcome to investigate if you'd like and I'll roll with it but, in general, don't worry just embrace the town for a bit and maybe visit that fortune teller outside or talk to some of the townsfolk (I'll respond as all NPCs). This weekend I'll move the thread forward. I hope to have an intro post from Buckteeth Buckteeth by then too.

Regardless, I'll respond with what your character is seeing/the environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back