• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

You're leaving? (A 1x1 with Lexxy)

"I see. So your wife, she was country I'm assuming?" Marie said with a smiled as she picked up the Mason jar and took a sip of her sweet tea she had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Mhmm, deep in the heart of good ole Texas." Clay says taking a sip of his tea and smiling brightly at her reaction. He was proud he could talk about Ashley without becoming upset.

"Texas huh? She was a true country girl then." Marie said as she smiled and took another sip of her sweet tea. She was glad Clay didn't seem so sad about talking about his wife.

"Yeah, she was." He says with a laugh thinking about he used to tease her for her accent and how cute it was and then she would blush. God he missed her. "She was my best friend, we grew up together."

"Ah so she moved here I'm assumin?" Marie asked as she had her eyebrow raised but smiled at Clay. Ashley sounded like the perfect girl for Clay and it was sad she left at such a young age.

Clay nodded. "The country was always her home though." He sighed contently remembering now when he tried to convince her to move back but she was too stubborn to allow it.

"She never wanted to move back?" She asked with more curiosity. She knew what it felt like to leave the country that was your home. She wanted to go back even though she was gone only for awhile.

"She did but we made a home here and she didn't want to leave it when it's where our kids have grown. She didn't want to take that from them, she always made sacrifices for other people." He swished the tea around in the mason jar. "Anyway. I'm sure that's not why you came here, to talk about my wife m, I mean. So why are you here?"

Marie smiled at what Clay was saying about his wife. He seemed so proud of her and he had so much love for her, Marie could just tell. "To be honest, I only came to say my condolences. I don't mind you talking about her honestly. The more you talk about her, the more I feel like I know her." Marie said with a soft smile as she took another sip if her drink.

Clay shook his head playfully. "I appreciate your condolences then, if only you knew, I'm sure she would've liked to meet you, she never did have any other country folk around these parts." He says looking at his watch to remember how much time Ry had left on Riot. That's

When the twins caning running back inside with red, sweaty faces. "Hey, you two." He says stopping them at the counter. "What have I told you about running in the house?"

"I've noticed." Marie said with a laughed and then looked at the twins as they came running in. They tried to catch their breaths and Allie finally said something, "Sorry... Can we have tea?" She asked knowing if her mother were here she would say no. Ashley always said after being out in the sun, they should drink water.

"Allie, you know the rules." He says gently.walking to the fridge he handed them both a water. "Drink that first and then you can have some if you still want it." Standing there for a few moments he forgot he didn't feed them this morning. Going back in the fridge he handed them a plastic bowl of fruit. "Here, take this and go watch tv." He says watching them walk off. This was all second nature to him now.

"You are a really great father you know that Clay?" Marie said as she finished with her tea and admired the Mason jar for one last time. Shortly after, Rylan and Reagan walked in and Rylan grabbed a water for both of them. He already knew the rule. "So Clay, I was wondering if maybe we could be friends? I mean we don't have too." Marie said with another smile and Rylan tensed.

Clay smiled at her compliment still not sure if he was doing that good of a job. When Ry and Reagan came back in he handed them orange slices. At the sound of Marie's voice he turned to face her not expecting her question and he tensed too but relaxed when the breeze came through the window. "Maybe." He says with a smile before turning back to the kids. "What do y'all want for lunch?"

Marie smiled softly when Clay had said maybe. Reagan looked at Rylan who simply just walked off. Reagan was a bit confused but she looked at Clay and smiled. "Maybe some grilled cheese? I know it's Rys favorite. I'm going to go check on him." Reagan said then walked off. Marie smiled at the kids then stood up. "Well I've intruded long enough. Thank you for the tea and letting me into your beautiful home Clay." She said as she smiled.

Clay smiled at her and nodded. "You're welcome." He then walked her out and back to the front before walking up to Rylan's room to check on him, he knew something was wrong.

When Reagan saw her uncle, she got up and walked out of the room so Rylan and Clay could talk. Rylan was laying in his bed, tucked under all his blankets and the picture of his mom in his hand. Clay didn't want his father to be friends with Marie because friends eventually turn into girlfriends.

Clay sighed to himself at the sight of Rylan cocooned in his blankets facing the wall. Placing his hands in his pockets like he always did he walked to the edge of the bed. "Ry, do you want to talk?" His father asks looking down at his shoes.

"Not with you." Rylan said not even bothering to look at his dad, he just stayed facing the wall and staring at the picture if him and his mom. Nobody would replace her. Not even if they looked so much like his mother. Nobody ever would.

The way he said it felt like it stung. "Alright, do you want to talk to your mom then?" He asks standing still standing in his spot waiting for an answer.

"You act like I don't talk to her already." Rylan said as he stayed facing the wall and sighed. He hated talking to his dad like this but he was angry with him.

"I know you do, what I meant was, there's something for you if you need or want to hear from her." He kept his voice soft and his head high. He was hurt by his animosity but he had to remind himself what his son was going through.

Rylan turned around quickly and looked at Clay. Was his father just messing with him? "Where?" He asked with excitement. His mom was a special one. Nobody who was on the verge if dying would do so much for their family.

Clay offered a half smile. "Come with me." He says leading him out of his room and into theirs. Clay walked to the dresser and opened the top drawer, finding what he was looking for in the way back. Sitting Rylan on the bed he put the DVD in the DVD player and turning it on before leaving the room so he could have his privacy.

The start menu had different clips all in one DVD and they were titled with different titles so Rylan was looking and found one that related to what was going on. He sat there and watched as his mother spoke. "Hello my wonderful baby boy! I miss you so much but I love you lots. On this clip I just wanted to let you know that if your dad does decide to move on and find another girl then support him my love. I know that will be hard but I know you can do it Ry. Remember our promise. We just want dad happy again right? I love you baby boy and I'm so sorry I had to leave you so early. I love you guys." Ashley said with a smile from ear to ear. Rylan turned off the DVD player and sighed as he laid back and stared at the ceiling. To keep his father happy. Was it worth Rylan being sad and upset the majority if the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back