• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

You're leaving? (A 1x1 with Lexxy)

Downstairs Clay was busy making lunch for the four of them. He was worried about Rylan, even though he reassured him no one would replace his mother but he knew as many times as he would tell him he would always be afraid of it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Rylan finished, he got up and walked to downstairs where he found Reagan sitting at the island playing on his iPod. Rylan walked over and sat next to her at the island but stayed quiet. What his mom said was right but it was hard to that.

When Clay saw Rylan come down the stairs he put the first sandwich in his spot. Soon following was the other three. "What do you want to drink?" He asks then all opening the fridge.

Rylan didn't say anything since he was lost in thought. The twins said tea and Reagan asked for grape juice. She looked at Rylan and frowned softly at him. What was he thinking about?

Clay nodded and poured the drinks before turning back to his son. "Ry?" He asks seeing if he would respond to his voice, he was going to be patient with him because he knew he was upset.

Rylan didn't respond to his fathers words. He stayed looking at his food and thinking. What was it he wanted to do? He was just worried that if Clay replaced his mother then his dad would forget all about her.

"The three of you can go eat your lunch in the loving room if you went." He says with a smile towards them as they all walked off leaving Rylan alone. Clay made his own lunch before sitting down across from his son in silence. He knew if he stayed silent long enough, he would talk. He was just like his mother.

Rylan sighed after awhile longer of silence and said, "I'm mad at you. You said you wouldn't replace mom. I know you and Marie are just friends but you and mom were just friends. Next thing you know you're going to end up marrying Marie and forget all about mom." He said as he took a bite of his sandwich.

Clay sighed at his son and looked straight at him. "Ry, just because your mom and I were friends doesn't mean all friends end up like we did. What your mom and I had was special and I would never forget about her. I couldn't. She gave me the three of you."

Rylan sighed and said, "I know I know but still I worry." He looked at his dad and smiled softly. "I know you wouldn't replace her."

"I know," Clay says with a smile towards his son with a smile. "Finish your lunch and then we will all decide where we want to do today." Clay says finishing his own food.

Rylan nodded and finished his food then washed it. He then walked to his room and switched shirts and walked back down.

Today was Sunday so whatever Clay was going to so with them they had to be back early so he could get the twins ready for bed since they joined a summer camp. "Okay youngin's what do you want to do today?"

"Beach!" Allie said with a bright smile and Cory scrunched his face in disgust like his mother used to. "I prefer somewhere indoors." He said and Rylan laughed while shaking his head. He tugged on his dad's shirt and told him to bend down. When he did he whispered in his ear, "Country."

Clay bent down curiously to his eldest son and listened to his input and smiled brightly and nodded. There was one problem though, they all wouldn't fit in any of the cars. He stood there and thought for a moment.

"What?" Rylan asked with curiosity but smiled softly and then looked over at Reagan who was still playing a game on his iPod. He smiled at her and then looked back up at his dad wondering what he was thinking of

"I should go out and buy a bus to transport you all." Clay says with a laugh. He then pulled out his phone and asked Jenna if she wanted to come with.

Jenna laughed and said, "Well sure. There is something special from Ashley I needed to give you." She told him then arrived at his house within minutes. She honked and all the kids got excited. "I'm going with Jenna!" The twins exclaimed and ran off to get in her car. She rolled down her window and laughed while waiting for Clay. "Let's go dad. I've got Bella's car seat." Rylan said and walked out to the car.

"Okay," Clay says with a smile as all the kids ran out of the house. He picked up Arabella and carried her out of the house. Once she was in the car seat. "Stay here, I'll be right back." Clay says to Rylan and Reagan before jogging over to Jenna's car.

"So Clay, any food we need for this day out in the country? Chicken? Maybe some food for a barbecue?" She asked with a smile. She was excited for the gift she was going to give Clay from Ashley.

"Oh, I'll get it, no worries." He says with a smile. "Thanks for coming Jenna." Sometimes he forgot it was okay to ask for help when he needed it from others.

"Please Clay. You take Rylan, Reagan and Bella to the ranch and the twins and I will meet up with you soon. We will go buy the meat." Jenna said then began to reverse and leave. She didn't want Clay to have to worry about buying the meat, she could get it.

Clay shook his head at Jenna with a smile and walked back to the car. "Alrighty, on the road we go." Clay says backing out of the driveway.

"Yay!" The two said and Rylan plugged in his iPod to the radio and played his music which was only country of course. He smiled as him and Reagan began to sing along to the same song and when Rylans and Ashley's song came on, Rylan sang it with pride as if his mom was in the car singing along with him.

Clay smiled at their excitement and began the drive towards his wife's home, he thought about all the times he went back with her and how much fun they had together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back