• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

You're leaving? (A 1x1 with Lexxy)

isax

Ten Thousand Club
Ashley was getting ready for work. She got up and sighed as she looked at the mirror that hung against her wall. She stood up and stretched but then walked over to the mirror and smiled at the picture of her and Clay. She hadn't texted him in about three days and that was probably the longest they hadn't texted. Ashley walked to her black wooden night stand and grabbed her blue iPhone C and clicked on new message.

"Hey. Sorry I haven't texted you in awhile. Been busy with work. What's up?"

She then hit sent and smiled at the screen then put her phone down after turning on her music. Country music of course. She really didn't listen to anything else. She walked over to her closet and looked for her kaki pants but couldn't find them. She sighed and walked down the stairs and to her parents room and knocked. "Ma, where'd you put my clothes this mornin'?" She asked, her southern accent coming out a tiny bit. She tried her hardest to hide it and she didn't really know why.

@Lexxy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(She sounds much like myself. ^~^)

Clay was in the shower, he had been up since the crack of dawn for his morning run; it was what he did to relieve his daily stresses and lately one major life changing thought was occupying him day and night. He had just finished college and wanted to join the army, it was what he dreamed of doing since he was small. He looked to the every day men and women who chose to serve their country as human superheros. Normally, he would have enlisted without second thoughts since he knew that was what he really wanted. He told himself if he was not tied down to this town with a relationship or anything of that nature he would go for it, but this was different. The first thing or more so person he thought of was his best friend Ashley and how she she might react to his new overwhelming want to make a difference.

With a sigh he ran his fingers through his slick hair when he faintly heard the vibration come from his phone he rested on the bathroom sink. Quickly he finished in the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist, grabbing the phone from the sink he saw in his notifications Ashley had texted him a hello after days of not speaking to one another. Hesitantly he texted her a reply still wondering of how to brake the news.

"Hey! Long time no see, are you doing all right?"

@YukiUchiha

After finally being able to find her khakis, Ashley got dressed and threw up her brunette hair into a French braid and smiled contently at her reflection. She was still going to college but it was a Saturday so no school for her but of course work never stopped. She grabbed her phone and walked out of her room then grabbed the keys to her truck and her purse. "I'm off. I'll see y'all after work! Love ya!" Ashley exclaimed as it echoed throughout the house that she grew up in. She locked the door behind her and left. Once in her truck she glanced at her phone and noticed Clay hadn't responded yet. She sighed but knew not to let it get to her. They were both very busy. Even if Clay already finished college. She drove to work which was of course a book store. This was only one of her jobs and after this she had to work the night shift at the diner.

When she parked in the staff parking at the book store, she heard her little ding for a ringer she had and smiled. It was a special one because only when Clay texted was when it would go off. She grabbed her phone from her purse and replied with,

"Yeah I'm doing fine. Same old same old. School then work. What about you? You doing alright?"

@Lexxy

In the time it took Ashley to respond o his greeting message he pulled a plain baby blue colored T-shirt and blue jeans off a hanger in his closet. He had always been very organized and Ashley would always make fun of him for it. It used to bother him at first but then he started to get a laugh out of it. Picking his phone up again he bit his lip as he opened her text thread thinking of how to reply. Should he mention it? Should he wait until a better time? One thing was for certain he didn't want to wait too long. It would cause tension and they never did really have a serious fight before nor did he wan too. At the same time she knew how o read him well so he had to word things carefully so she didn't suspect anything was bothering him.

"I'm doing good, glad to hear that you're alive. I was beginning to worry about you but I know how much school and work can be a hassle. Hang in there! Have a good shift."

Ashley had walked into her work and when she got there, she put her purse in her locker but when her phone went off again, she smiled. She read the message over at least five times. She honestly had no idea why he responded the way he did. That wasn't the usual Clay and it bothered her not knowing what was going on. They always tried to keep the conversation going for hours, even if it was just talking about stupid things, but this text seemed to want to stop from any more conversation. Ashley sighed and felt a bit hurt but before she went to clock in she replied.

"Thanks.. I will.. What's going on Clay? You know I can read you like a book."

She really could and lots of people thought it was weird how well she could read him. She got used to it however and it helped. Whenever he tried to hide things as a kid, she always found a way to get it out of him. This time she was worried to figure out what exactly was going on. She out her phone in her pocket and clocked in then went behind her cash register and waited for a customer as she read a book. When her customer came up, she stood up and noticed the uniform he was wearing. It was for the Navy. After checking him out and thanking him for what he did for their country she glanced at her phone and felt her heart sink. Ashley knew Clay always wanted to be in the Army but she really hoped that wasn't what was bothering him. She didn't even want to know at this point.

His nerves kicked in at her response. She was on to him and he didn't want to confront the situation through electronics. Heaving a sigh he set the phone down while he sat on the couch thinking what to say. He knew his long silence would drive her even more crazy and suspicious but at least she had work to keep her busy. If she was home she would have come right through his front door. She's done it before and he didn't doubt she's do it again. He stared at the phone's screen for at least two minutes before typing a reply.

"I know. Cut me a break Ash, I haven't seen you in a week!"

Sending the reply he smiled at it, knowing it was true the reply also sounded more like his joking self.

Ashley was letting the worry and anxiousness eat her out from the inside out but she tried her hardest to let her work distract her for now. That long silence did worry her. It always did. She usually used the long silence before telling Clay something she didn't want to. Finally she felt the vibration and let out a sigh of relief. She looked at the phone screen and smiled. She knew something was still up but she decided not to push the subject anymore. This response however was one Clay would send and she smiled. He was being his joking self again.

"I know ): hopefully we can see each other soon."

She knew this soon would be sooner then Clay was probably thinking. Ashley had a two hour gap before she had to go to work at the diner and she planned on visiting Clay. He was going to tell her what was happening whether he wanted to or not.

"You know where to find me." He replies simply setting his phone down. Glad she didn't press the issue for now he decided to skip breakfast and go straight to his outside chores for the day not having to work today. He graduated from college and got a basic degree but still hadn't gotten a career started because he wasn't sure what he wanted to be. For now he worked for his dad's renovation company.

The time seemed to drag on and on as Ashley waited for her to leave work and when she clocked out, she drove straight to Clays house and when she got there she walked over to him and lightly hit his back. "Hey there!" She said and laughed softly, she defiantly let her southern side slip out. "Told ya I'd see ya soon!" She added and then said, "outside chores? You're no fun."

Her voice startled him at first but he knew it was her. He turned to her with a smile on his face. "I'm not surprised by your visit," He says shaking his head playfully before wiping the sweat from his brow. "You're no fun either? Who works in a book store for fun? He questions teasingly raising an eyebrow before motioning her inside where it was cooler.

Ashley gasped and put her hands to her heart as if she had been shot by his words after she walked in. She removed then after awhile and laughed. "I work there because I'm a book worm and rather intelligent. Unlike my best friend James." She said knowing her saying the wrong name would upset Clay. She always teased him about James being her best friend now. "I mean he works there with me and we bond over so many things he might as well be my new best friend." She said and waited for Clays reaction but she couldn't help but laugh.

"You're crazy, you know that? As for your "best friend." He says adding air quotes. "If he is indeed what you say does he know you hate when people do this?" Slowly he reached

Over to where he knew she was ticklish and began to make her cackle. At this point he was laughing so hard his eyes were watering. This was like them to act this way around one another. He would miss it.

Ashley simply laughed at her best friend and when he walked closer to her, she knew exactly what he was going to do and she tried to move before he could but it was to late. When he began tickling her, Ashley couldn't stop laughing and moving around. "Clay stop!" She said in between a few of her laughs and as he continued, she began to tear up.

Finally she fell to the ground and laughed hard as she held her stomach. "I don't like you." She told him and stuck out her tongue then looked at a picture his dad had on the wall of Ashley and Clay on Ashley's 13th birthday. "Can't believe your dad still has that up... That's ugly." She said and then added, "he could put all three of our graduation pictures up you know."

"It isn't ugly, you just don't like it. I guess he could but oh well, his house his decor maybe because mom took the picture" A few weeks after the picture was taken his mother passed away from a fatal car accident.

He held out his hand to helped her up and brought we to his feet. The real question is, why are you here? I know you didn't come over here to give me a hard time so you might want to just spill your guts now."

"You act like I'm the one hiding something." Ashley said as she laughed and then looked at him in the eye and said, "What are you hiding from your best friend?" He asked him and then sat in the couch, awaiting an answer. She wanted to know because not knowing was eating her alive and she hated it. A lot

"Way to be blunt," He says sarcastically sitting in the chair beside her rubbing the back of his neck not knowing how to put this easily. "Ashley I--" he pauses before letting his tongue untie itself. "I'm leaving."

Ashley looked at the ground and she could feel so many emotions boiling up inside. "F-for the Army right...?" She asked and sighed as she let her hair block sight of her face. She didn't want to him to see her cry. She hated crying in front of him but she couldn't hold it back. She was scared this would happen. "I-i.... I wish you luck." She added then stood up. "I gotta go.." She stated and walked to the door then to her truck and cried on the steering wheel. She couldn't deal with this

He sighed feeling his stomach twist and ran after her, "Ashley! Ashley wait please!" He shouts walking to her truck and seeing her cry made him upset. He opened the door and pulled her into his arms holding her as comfort. "You can't leave me like that, I can read you too you know? If you don't want me to go than I won't. I just thought because there is nothing really for me here besides you it was worth a shot. You're still in school but just say the word and I'll stay." He says wiping the tears from her eyes with his thumb.

Ashley continued to cry and listened to Clay. He did know how to read her and she hated it sometimes. "No... I won't.... That'd be selfish of me..." She whispered and then sighed as she tried to stop crying. "I have work to get to Clay.... I'll just call you later." She added. She was actually just planning on going to her hideout. Where she always went when she was sad. The pier.

In his final attempt he nodded sadly and let her go. "I understand but I'm not letting you leave until I see a real smile on that there pretty face of yours." Him talking like that made her laugh lightly but he knew she was trying to hold back. "I knew one day that southern side of you would rub off on me. Now come here," he says holding out his long tan arms with a dorky smile.

Ashley was trying to hold back but she couldn't. She laughed softly and then just shook her head. She got out of the truck and hugged him tight. "You got me." She whispered and didn't let go

"I'm gonna miss you Ash but please don't be upset with me. I would hate to leave you with those type of feelings ya know? I hope you can understand, I'll write you if you want me to, I'd be happy to do that." He offered a gentle smile offering the better sides of things like he always did when she was upset.

Ashley was trying to hold back but she couldn't. She laughed softly and then just shook her head. She got out of the truck and hugged him tight. "You got me." She whispered and didn't let go

"I'm trying not to be mad... I really am. It just really hurts." Ashley said as she sighed and then pulled away. "You don't have to write me. I'm just a friend. No one important. Write to your parents. I'll be fine." That last part was a lie. A total lie and she knew Clay could tell. He could read her like a book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back