• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Curse of The Howling Moonlight

"Just a moment!" He called out to whoever was at the door. "Yes, it sounds like there has been an attack...so I must go." He looked back at her, concern lacing his features. His heartbeat soon matching the fierce pounding on the door. "Mary. I....I don't know what I am to do though....it is a full moon tonight and I have no way of controlling my transformations." He looked down at his hands, they were shaking terribly and already beginning to become clawed. "There is no way I could possibly hide this from them....no way at all and I cannot abandon my duties..."

Ash fought with Phoenix sickened with what his brother had become. "Stop this!" He snapped his teeth sinking into the soft flesh of his brother's abdomen. Phoenix yelped in pain and growled watching as Vivian ran away. Ash watched too his heart aching a bit but he wanted her and their pups to be safe, he knew it needed to be done.

Phoenix growled grabbing onto Ash's hind leg and almost pulling it out of its sockect as he tore Ash's teeth away from his side and flung him into the rumble.

Amber and several young pups yelped and cried as Ash landed almost ontop of them. The others in the pack were in their wolf form and scampering frightened away in search of safety. Though howl cut through panicked air. This howl louder and stronger than any other and made the pup's ear drums shake. This was the alpha's howl as he charged towards the chaos. He demanded order but there was none to be had. And with Phoenix no longer a member of this pack he had no control of him as he tore into Ash. 
Mary shook her head watching as he became more wolf-ish right in front of her. "I-I don't know..." She said looking back at the door which seemed like it would fall down at any second. She almost wanted to suggest him wearing a hat and gloves but he would more than likely suffer from over heating and pass out. "Uhh...what is the worse thing they would do if they found out you're a wolf?" She asked even though she could think up a few things they would do none of them pleasant. She bit her lip searching about for anything to help him. "Surely you're duties can be abandoned once?" She asked desperately.

A nervous laugh escaped as what they would do ran through his mind. "I do not even want to think about that......" He looked back at the door irritated. "I am coming!!" He shouted before turning back to Mary. "I only it were that easy. I cannot abandon them without severe consequences." He wrapped his arms around her tightly, he was shaking like a leaf. "I don't want to leave you Mary, because this time I fear that I will not come back."

She could hear Ash's flesh tearing and she found she could move her feet no more. Again she glanced down at her mate and a fire lit beneath her skin, adrenaline coursing through her at the sight of her struggling mate. Her yellowish eyes locked on a fallen boulder, one that could easily phase Pheonix but could potentially kill Ash if she hit him instead. It was a rash desicion yes, but the only one she had.

She thrust her shoulder against the already unstable chunk of rock, again and again and again.... Until finally... Finally it quavered at the edge of it's resting place and quickly began its uncertain decent down the mound of debris.

It reached it's desired destination and bowled into Pheonix's hip.

Mary stared up at him horrified. "Then don't go! I-I could tell them you're still sick or I could even tell them you're dying! Oh Marius..." She whimpered weakly. With the sounds outside she knew something terrible was happening and she didn't want him going out there. She didn't want him leaving her, she didn't want him to die out there. "Surely any consequence is better than death." She said though knowing one could very well be death.

"I'm so sorry, but I have to." He held her closer. "They've already heard me shouting that I will be there soon and know that I should be fine now.....I can hear the chaos out there as well. I cannot just let the people suffer like that."

Phoenix yelped as the boulder came crashing down on him. Ash stood up immediately tackling his pinned brother and tearing and clawing at him just as his brother had him yet in the chaos another wall fell and it fell upon Ash. Phoenix took this moment to get free and not attack Ash but instead lung up out of the collapsing den snarling and out for Vivian's blood because of what she did.

She yelped as her paw slipped and her cheek was pounded against the blunt edge of a stone. A whimper escaped her as she painfully drug herself to her feet and pushed herself up out of the den. She would have to distract the deranged brother until Ash could find his way out or until she could get to her mate.

The shewolf shook out her ruff and clambered clumsily to the opening that widened before her as more debris fell in. Moonlight greeted the swelling on her cheek and the bleeding gash on her shoulder as she pulled herself above ground, a breath of relief escaping her. Though she knew the relief would not last long with Pheonix at her heels.

Marius held herself against him not wanting to let him go. Of course he couldn't let people suffer, he was too kind to do that. "You promised you would come back to me no matter what." She looked up at him sadly, then kissed him the fur around his mouth much like a hairy beard but she didn't care. "Don't break your promise. I don't want to loose you." She said solemnly.

"I won't. I swear to you that I will come back. No matter what I must do to do it. I will come back to you." He kissed her passionately before pulling away. Wincing as he put the armor on again, the burning was more intense this time. "I must go now. I will help who I can and then head straight for the wolves. Staying as far away from my comrades as I can for as long as I can."

Mary nodded not wanting to cry. "Alright, be careful." She said hugging him to try and in a way extra heal him so his armour wouldn't burn so much. Suddenly Maddie screamed "Wolf!" Several large wolves ran past the cabin the Lupuscruor started yelling realizing they were young werewolves. 
(Sorry Valjean I'm not ignoring you I just want to kinda get Marius and the Lupuscruor there to help kill Phoenix.)

"I will." He leaned in and kissed her forehead sweetly. Stuffing more padding under his armor to keep it from even touching his skin. "I will be back before you know it, just stay safe. Please." He hugged her one last time before rushing out of the cabin to meet his commander and assist the other Lupuscruor in driving the wolves out of the village. With some luck, if you can even call it that, he was sent out ahead with only a couple of others to track the one that had broken loose and caused all of this chaos. "This way! I will go ahead and lead them to you!" He called out. Trying his best to hide the fact that he was tracking the beasts scent and that he was slowly changing into one of them as well. Picking up the pace he ran until he finally spied one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nightmare watched as everything around him became hellish and out of control. He tried restoring order but that didn't work. Only the young ones listened but even they were too afraid to stand for long especially with the Lupuscruor were cutting down so many of them. "Go farther into the woods! Farther! These humans won't be able to follow us there!" He called to his young tearing down several of the human warriors. Their silver armour burning even his war hardened skin. He was about to try leading off the rest of his pack when he looked back and saw Phoenix chasing after the pregnant and weak Vivian. Knowing what would happen if nothing was done his strong and massive jaws up rooted a huge tree and threw it at Phoenix and praying it didn't hit Ash's mate. With a sickening crunch it smashed into Ash trapping him momentarily between the tree and a large boulder. Nightmare noticed Ash trapped under piles of collapsed walls and ceiling with more about to fall onto him in seconds. He ran to his bleeding and hurt son digging him free of the rubble. "This has gone too far out of hand." He said as Ash shook himself and merely nodded running angrily after his brother who had managed to get free and was following Vivian again more fiercely that before. "Phoenix stop you bastard! Vivian run!" He called seeing some of the Lupupscrour approaching them.

Marius' comrades broke of in separate directions to pursue the wolves heading off into the woods, leaving him to face the two oncoming wolves. It was strange, it looked as though one was chasing the other. Shrugging it off he picked up speed and without even thinking he fell to running on all fours. The dark grey fur finally covering his entire face and his ears and fangs lengthening considerably. Something consumed him and he let out a roar as he charged at them, his focus moving from the shewolf being chased to the one chasing her.

Mary watched him go fearful and worried for his safety. She turned back into his room and quickly changed and went to her siblings aid. They were all dressed but scared out of their minds as wolves of every size circled and jumped at the cabin, many peered into the windows at them. "We're going to die!" Maddie said hysterically. Watching the wolves it scared her to see them watching them but soon realized these wolfs weren't hungry or wild. They looked terrified and pleading for help. Perhaps it was just from the time she had spent with Marius and knowing what he was that she pitied these creatures. Despite her siblings urging her not to she opened the door and let some of smaller ones in. They scampered inside their tails tucked under them and soon painfully changed back into humans. They were all crying and holding each other. "Daddy...!" A little girl cried and the other pups joined her in sobbing. There was a scratching at the door and Mary opened it for an amber brown wolf with golden eyes. It came bursting in and changed into a young woman who was shaking with fear she had a deep wound in her abdomen and with a whimper of pain pulled out a silver arrow head. "Dear god!" Mary gasped as the young girl fainted. Mary didn't even knowing this as anything more yuan a wolf but saved her anyway and tried to comfort the young pups. Her own siblings watched in amazement these creatures. "What's happening out there?" Fredric finally asked the young girl who was about his age. She tossed the arrow aside and tried to regain her breathe. "Phoenix attacked." She panted and Fredric stared in horror thinking an actual Phoenix was attacking them.

The scent of the shewolf hit him and was oh so familiar, he could not remember who, but he could tell she was with pups. That was what sparked the beast in him to finally begin to come out. "I will end you!" He snarled. His attention fully on the beast chasing the she wolf now. He dug his claws into the ground and roots to propel himself forward to attack the large wolf. Knowing the silver of his armor would surely burn the beast he used his shoulder to slam into him.

Phoenix was too enraged to notice the weird wolf creature jump at him right away, but when the silver touched his open wounds he howled in pain. Ash who was chasing farther back had to jump over his collapsed brother in order to prevent plowing through him and the weird wolf who smelled all too familiar. He pivoted around to face the two needing to know who it was that was helping him. He recognized the white streak in the grey fur. "Mutt!" He called running to his mate, he was almost happy to see the little hybrid now, though he was now more wolffish than ever. Phoenix thinking Ash was calling him that rolled over to crush the creature but it only pressed the silver against his wounds more. He howled in pain and tried rolling back over or even stand up but he was now too weak.

"Huh?!" Marius snapped out of this more feral state when he heard a voice call him 'Mutt' He definitely recognized it and then it hit him who he had just saved from this beast. Keeping the wolf he had tackled pinned down with his silver armor his head whipped around to face Ash. His ears flattening backwards and a snarl formed on his face. "You.....what is going on here. Why are the wolves causing chaos in the village!"

"We're not!... Well not on purpose..." Ash said realizing there was chaos everywhere. "It was Phoenix." Ash said nodding to his pinned brother and catching his brother. "He was accused for killing a priest or something. And as you can see he escaped and is pissed." Phoenix growled turning his head and snapping and growling at Marius. It was then that Nightmare came bounding over to them he was covered in as much blood as Phoenix but none of it was his own. "Ash take Vivian out of here now. Take her some place safe then gather the others." He ordered his voice cold as he walked over to Phoenix and stepped on his hind legs breaking them both but not stepping off them. Phoenix let out a horrible cry of agony. "You ungrateful piece of shit." Nightmare growled at his son before twisting about his foot and Phoenix howled again.

His snarl instantly dropped when Ash said that. His ears flattened against his head and he looked at the furious wolf in horror. So this is the poor soul that took the blame for what he did. A terrible weight began to fill his chest, the weight of guilt, even with the knowledge that this was the beast on the rampage. That feeling was quickly dashed though as yet another massive wolf came bounding after them. There was no doubt that he recognized this one from earlier. Sensing his power Marius' gaze instantly fell to the ground, he stood up and backed away from him.

"Ash!" Vivian barked over her shoulder when he called. He was alive and that was the only thing that mattered. Without another moment of hesitation the shewolf lunged forward and made a swift and sharp turn around behind Pheonix before bolting off into the shelter of the woods.

Tonight the woods were different. Not a place she knew not a place she had been so comfortable in hours before. A sense of foreboding followed her as blood pounded in her ears and her heart thrummed to the same rythm.

The telltale thud of the attack behind her made her weary paws slow slightly but then she caught her mate's scent an turned, watching.... Watching the mutt attack the enraged wolf feircly and then Nightmare doing the same. Yet she watched for only a moment as her eyes locked on Ash, a whimper escaping her as she saw the blood and his awful wounds.

"Ash..." She whined as he joined her, rubbing her muzzle beneath his chin comfortingly while their pups, safe yet frightened, moved within her.

Phoenix whimpered weakly but as Marius got off him Nightmare wasted no time in ending the poor bastard. His son or not he was responsible for the death of many of their pack, and the destruction of all their dens. His anger brought chaos upon everyone and had led the lupuscruor straight to them. For causing all this trouble receiving death as your punishment would be a blessing. Nightmare looked up from his dead son's now human body and looked to Marius. "Call your warriors out of here and be gone with your selves we are not purposefully doing you harm so leave." He ordered his voice angry and cold. 
"Vivian..." Ash said ever so relieved that she was safe. "Are you hurt? Are the Pups alright?" He asked concern feeling his voice yet when he looked up he flinched seeing his father killing his brother, but he knew it had to be done.

Marius straightened up, but kept his gaze firmly locked on the ground. Flinching as the massive wolf killed Phoenix. "Yes sir." He muttered. "They will not believe that this was not on purpose, but I will tell them that all of the pack has fled into the woods and we have lost track of them completely." He nodded. He could hear the others coming, but knew that they would be clueless as to what really happened here.

"I'm fine... We're fine, my dearest one." The shewolf murmered softy while she gently lapped at his wounds, to stop his bleeding. It broke her heart to see him torn like this, it filled her with a terrible anger but it was sub dued by the fact that just feet away the wolf who had inflicted such wounds on her mate was dead.

"Where do we go from here? Our dens are destroyed." She whimpered. Thankfully she hadn't lost her mate but their home was nothing but a pile of rubble in the middle of the woods now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back