• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Curse of The Howling Moonlight

Nightmare heard as the other Lupuscruor approached. "Thank you." Was all he said to the little wolf-man dragging his dead son behind him and throwing him into the collapsed den and unceremoniously pushing large piles of dirt ontop of him. Then turned back to go to the others of his pack and gathered them all together. To get to safety and hopefully find a new home.

"We've lost all trace of the wolves sir! They have run off into the woods somewhere." He announced as they approached. It never dawned on him that he was in wolf form until he saw the shock and disgust in their faces. Curses spewed out of his mouth as he whipped around and bolted past his fellow warriors. He wasn't sure which direction he was headed in, but he did know that he had to get some ground between himself and them.

"I don't know...but we'll find a place." He muttered sadly as he looked back at their den. Then he nuzzled his mate and her swollen stomach caringly and followed after his father helping gather the rest of the pack. He didn't know where Amber or Ella were but prayed they were safe. 
Beast had been up far into the woods moaning his wife for sometime when he finally came down at the sound of all the bitter chaos below the large hills he had been in. He could hear the howls and crys of agony and ran down to the woods below in hopes his family was safe. He could see the Lupuscruor and tried to avoid them but he noticed they weren't after him. There were after something else.

"Do not let him escape! I don't care if you catch him dead or alive, just do not let him escape!" The commander of the Lupuscruor shouted as they pursued Marius. Firing small, silver tipped arrows at him and trying as hard as they could to make him stumble and fall.

Marius' lungs burned as he ran from them. His muscles screamed for him to stop, but he knew if he did he was a dead man and he had promised Mary that he would come back alive no matter what. He just had to get back to her, his mate. No no....that was something a wolf would say, he had to shake that type of thought out of his head.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Perhaps we should go far away.... From the lupuscruor, from the village... From everything." She rubbed her cheek against his affectionately as she walked wearily with him to gather the rest of the pack and start the trek to find a new home.

It pained her to look back at the den. It had been her home for such a short time, not even a month but still. It was where she was going to raise their children, where they had first loved eachother and started their lives together. It was a place full of the best of memories she'd ever had and it was gone now. Destroyed by Pheonix's rampage.

Beast saw Marius run past and was nearly hit by several poorly aimed arrows himself. He knew he had to help him but he didn't know quite how. He knew for his daughter's sake he had to do whatever he could to help the man he had so recently hated. He looked about him for any method of helping him. He spotted a large pile of loose boulders up ahead and ran to them hoping his plan would work. He waited and timing this to have the boulders plough right into the Lupuscruor and hopefully all avoided Marius. He pushed and pounding his body against the boulders until they finally came loose and fell down into the group of Lupuscruor. 
"Perhaps..." Ash nodded making him self look ahead. He didn't know where his father was taking them but right now he just wanted to be away from all this. Though Ash did know that wherever their new home would be it would not be found in one night, but several maybe even weeks.

"What if we don't settle before the pups come?" She worried, and winced as she stretched her jaw to yawn but the swelling of her cheek caused her to pause, whine and shake her head before padding up close to her mate once more. "We can't possibly drag three pups through the woods and winter is on it's way, Ash."

The Lupuscruor scattered as soon as the rocks came crashing down. They tried to find him again, but the dust was making it impossible, so they spread out into the woods again to search.

Marius yelped as one of them clipped his leg, but despite the pain he kept running. He ran until his body finally gave out on him and he collapsed panting in exhaustion near a small stream. "H-help...." He whimpered. Pulling the few arrows that had hit him out of his shoulders and back.

Ash nodded thinking about it with a worried frown. "I know..., but if we have to I'll have us settle into a house, safely away from any hunters or village." He said his tail brushing against her' she knew two werewolves and pups in a house was not the best of ideas but if winter came early and the pups still newborn that is what they would do.

The shewolf wrinkled her nose at the thought of being barricaded within four walls. But it was what would have to be done if their den wasn't reconstructed in time, whether she like it or not. She simply nodded and licked his muzzle affectionately.

"We'll be home before then. I know it." Vivian reassured her mate before yawning and wincing again. Yes she was weary but there would be no rest anytime soon for her or any of the others.

(Of Marius full wolf now? It never really said so or not, just wondering.)

Beast watched for where Marius went and followed him. Seeing the weak creature laying next to the stream he quickly padded over to him. He saw Marius's blood and his weak body shaking. But there was nothing Beast could do for him here. He could hear the sounds of the Lupuscruor on their way and he knew they didn't have much time. "Get up Marius." He nudged him trying to help him up. "Rise and live or lay there and die." He said trying to be careful with the already wounded wolf yet knowing he needed to get up quickly or else they were both dead. "We need to get you to Mary." He said looking back hearing them getting closer.

((No, he's not full wolf just yet, but he does look even more like one.))

"I.....I will try...." He panted, forcing himself to stand up again. Wobbling uneasily as pain shot through his leg and his head spun. He nearly got sick from it all. "C....come on J-Johnathan.....my...my mate will be able to heal these wounds in no time..." He mumbled. You could tell simply by the look in his eyes that he was not all there and struggling to keep moving.

They walked on up into the hills for an hour or two more and just as the others yawning and whimpering in tired pain seemed too much they reached a flat clearing with a large cabin in the middle that seemed centuries old, yet stood there in perfect condition as if by magic. "We will stay here for the night." Nightmare said to the pack opening the door. "Don't go into the last room to the right." Her ordered everyone and fearing punishment they all obeyed. Turning back into a human he was covered in dried blood as were many others. He helped them set up places for everyone to sleep before telling them of the spring near by if they needed to clean their wounds. Ash now also a human had been allowed one of the room that was amazingly enough still furnished and the bedding still good. 
"Mate?" Beast muttered in surprised wondering. To his knowledge this young man and his daughter hadn't even kissed so by his calling her his mate that only confirmed for Beast just how bad off Marius was. "Come on." Beast said putting his head and shoulders under Marius's weak body and carrying best he could and as fast as he could even with the silver armour burning him away from the Lupuscruor and back to the cabin. Marius almost falling off several times he scratched at the door and Maddie opened it letting out a short shriek seeing the two bleeding and shaking wolves at the door. Mary who was healing others looked up and saw Marius. "Dear god Marius!" She gasped running over to his aid and immediately removing his armour from him and started trying to help him but there was so much wrong she didn't know what was worse.

Vivian grunted softly as she shifted, her pale nightgown as torn at the hem and the right shoulder was caked with dry blood and dust from their travels. Though she hadn't seen it yet, the bruising on her cheek physically pained her, the entire left half of her cheek throbbing with black, blue and purple. The rest of the pack bore bruises and scrapes just she did and Ash some of the worst them, leaving no room in her heart for self pity. Her heart went out to the struggling pack and her mate.

As they entered the threshold her rested carefully over her swollen stomach and exhausted, she sat on the edge of their borrowed bed for the night.

Marius only smiled weakly and nodded in response to his questioning. He tried his best to support his own weight, but it was futile. He was barely able to cling to Beast as they made it back. As soon as they were he slid off of his back and to the ground with a thud as Mary rushed over. "Mary...." He muttered weakly and looked up at her with a slight smile. "I...I kept my promise."

Ash looked worriedly to his mate seeing the painful looking bruise on her cheek. "Vivian what happened?" He said kneeling down in front of her and examining it carefully. Then he looked her over for any other bruise or wound like that.

"Nothing... Nothing...I slipped when I was climbing out of the den is all."

She quietly reassured him in the settling silence of the room, her small hands taking his and pulling him to his feet.

"You worry so much about your pack, about me and the pups you don't asses your own damage, my love." The shewolf sighed and stood shakily on tired legs, stripping him of his bloodstained shirt ever so gently.

"Barely, you oof." Mary said with a weak smile hating to see the man she cared for more than anything so weak in front of her. She gently stroked his cheek before setting finally to work. Amber who had helped her with healing the others now helped heal Marius getting ready the herbs and oils making the healing ointments though all of them stronger than usual. "Bite this." Mary said putting a hardened leather bite guard into Marius's mouth to keep him from biting off his tongue as she poured pure alcohol onto his wounds to clean them.

He was so weak and tired that he barely even let out a howl of pain as she poured the pure alcohol on his wounds. He merely bit down on the leather piece and let his head fall back as they worked to heal his wounds. Being careful not to scratch anyone or anything, he reached up with a shaky hand to try and find her. A small smile playing across his face as he found her face, stroking her cheek gently as he lie there helplessly. "I don't know how I've lived this long without you." He mumbled.

Ash sighed with a gentle smile as she removed his shirt. "But my damages are nothing compared to that of the pack." He said looking at her and then her stomach. "Besides, I'm not the one with three young pups inside me." He chuckled but as he did so his ribs ached horribly, but he didn't let it show. He probably cracked or bruised several ribs and he could feel several tendons in his legs were torn and it hurt like a bitch but he didn't want his mate to worry. She had gone through even stress already.

Vivian rubbed her sore fingers down over his just as sore ribs, feeling the fracture there. Her eyes lifted up to his, full of worry and remorse at the extent of his wounds.

"Ash..." She sighed, and rested her head against his chest, in need of his comfort and the reassurance that he was solid, still able to hold himself together,"come, we'll go to the springs your father told us about and clean out your wounds so I can put a salve on them and some binding."

She slipped away from him, took his hand and lead him back through the crowded hallways of sleeping and resting wolves. After trekking through the stuffy house and across an expanse of grass into the woods she came across a creek and a multitude of bubbling springs.

Mary gave a short and worried chuckle. "Neither do I." She said her hand coming up and holding his for a moment before Amber came over and handed her a small flask with a transparent pink liquid in it. "Open up." She said bringing it to his lips. "This will help with the pain and help you heal." She said poring the surgery tasting liquid into Marius's mouth.

He smiled and let his hand fall back to resting across his abdomen. When Mary brought the flask to his lips he flinched, unsure of what was happening. He relaxed as the sugary liquid ran down his throat and slowly began to make the pain go away. "Th-thank. You.." He smiled up at her warmly. His head bobbing back as he began to succumb to the sleep his body was now screaming for. "M-Mary...love..." He tried curling up against her like a dog. "Do..do you think you could help me to the bed? The floor hurts..."

Ash followed her out to the springs. Just trying to walk was killing him with his leg but he only let out a soft grunt of pain quickly playing it off as him stubbing his foot on a rock. "Vivian, you need to rest I'll be fine." He tried one last time to convince her he was fine.

She growled beneath her breath in frustration. He was not doing anyone a favour by suffering, couldn't he see that?

"I'm not blind or stupid you great oaf, I'm pregnant. I can see that you are hurting and I will take care of you now and rest later." Vivian stated sternly as she tugged off his trousers, his nakedness no longer made her blush as it once did. The she wf helped her mate gently to the edge of a spring. "In you go."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back