The adventures of Mottley and crew [Inactive]

Chewing softly and sipping his tea, Tavi watched everyone there, excluding Gerrick. "My my, we're all quite different in almost every aspect. Tell me Mottley, have you ever led a party quite like this before? Or are we following a man with no experience when it comes to those he must lead?" Tavi turned the conversation to Mottley with an eye raised. If there was one thing he learned from his days of traveling was that an ill fit leader would doom everyone. Should he give him a bad answer, Tavi figured he would have to step up, or nominate another to lead this journey.

Mottley sighed "i have led a group before, and the mission was a success. But at the cost of over 27 lives." Mottley frowned, not wanting to talk more about it.

Gerrick returned from the bakery with a wrapped up loaf of bread in one hand and a piece of it that he was munching on in the other. He took a seat at the bar. "Whiskey." He grunted to the bartender.

The bartender filled alanna's mug and gave a peculiar look when she asked for milk "sorry miss we don't have milk." Then gave Gerrick a glass of whiskey.

"At the expense of lives huh?" Watching his soul flicker right now was a sign that he was saddened by the event. Nodding, Tavi was satisfied. So, seeing as we're all here and we'll be sharing the same road for a while, it is a necessity to strategize. We should share our fighting styles and abilities with one another, in case a situation goes south too fast." With a knowing eye, Tavi sipped his tea. "Luck isn't as kind of a mistress to grant us a second try."

Elis sighed and quitted the tavern as Mottley said to them. She leaned her back against a wall and sighed again.

Upon finishing his glass of whiskey, Gerrick stood up and exited the tavern, moving to stand with the rest of the group outside.

Alanna frowned. "You don't?" She looked at her cat. "Alright. Thank you anyways." She tossed her payment on the table and sat down. Alanna picked up the cat and set it on her shoulder before taking a deep drink. She realized that everyone else had left, and nodded to the bartender before following.

Once everyone was outside Mottley addressed the group. "Tavi had the idea that we all get to know eachothers skills and abilities. Tavi why don't you go first?"

Nodding, Tavi opened his tome. "I am a half breed, with a born affinity of light magic." After reciting a short passage, he released an enshrouding aura that cloaked everyone present. "This spell enables the body to remove limitations, such as pain or soreness. In total I have mastered about twenty of ancient spells similar to this." Dismissing the spell, he added, "Only about two of them are offensive though, so please only consider myself as a support." Eyeing Elis through the corner of his eye, he added "I also have a small ability to sense others' souls, and judge them accordingly. It helps when tracking certain people. Finally, I have an excellent knack for tea tasting." He added jokingly.

Alanna walked over and sat down on the grass, cat still riding her shoulder. She took another swallow of her drink before asking "So....What's everyone doing out here?"

She thought for a moment, then grinned evilly. "Sure." She gulped down the rest of her drink and hooked the tankard on her belt. Her cat leapt off her shoulder and into the air. Alanna followed and drew her sword in the process, flipped through the air and landed in the tree. Her cat had landed on her back midair and now climbed to her shoulder as she swiftly climbed to the top of the tree. Moments later, she dropped back down, sword back in its sheath. "Don't have any magic though." After another moment, she frowned. "Or was a demonstration not what you meant?"

Gerrick shrugged, as he never liked revealing his enchantments. Ruins the surprise. "I've got a sword and a crossbow.I think it's fairly obvious what I can do."

Elis took a dead branch on the ground and throwed it on the sky. As the branch was falling, she took her twin blades out and slashed the branch with agility. Soon the branch was only wood dust. She leaned against the wall again. "The same with the sword," she said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back