The adventures of Mottley and crew [Inactive]

The hours went by and as dusk came a castle rose in the distance, the wind began to pick up and thunder started to boom overhead.

Elis sighed. "Thunder..." she said for herself. She walked quicker for an unknown reason to the others.

Noticing a small birch, Tavi walked over and crouched behind it, ushering the others over as well. We should go in with a plan, maybe take him by surprise. Especially if there are others." Looking at the party, Tavi added,"So we don't kill too many people. If he has guards we should spare them, they're just doing their job."

Gerrick grunted, "Aye, their job of protecting a killer. I'm not going to go out of my way to kill, but if anyone tries to stop us, forgive me if I don't think of their poor wives and families"

Alanna smiled apologetically. "I'll try, but I agree with Gerrick. And I hope you don't mind if I keep looting stuff." Her cat came up behind her with a mouse in its mouth. She looked at it and gave it a nod. The cat gulped it down, spitting out the bones.

Rubbing his brow, Tavi nodded silently. "Very well. Just wound them deeply if you must. Needless Maiming and torture is an absolute no however, upon my bloods pride." Normally Tavi wouldn't be so defensive about this, but there was a certain set of laws that he must abide to, set upon his magic.

Mottley looked at the castle from the tree, analyzing it carefully "there seems to be less guards outside than there should be, he most likely has guests over and is showing a display of power." Mottley turned to the group "if he does have guests they are considered innocent unless they attack first, got it?"

"Of course. Now then, since this may become too loud, please excuse me." Standing up and brushing the dirt off his pants, he walked clearly up to the guards. "Kieve." With a snap of his fingers they fell asleep, slouching over themselves. Looking back to the group, he said,"This should be fine right? Since I can only use that while making eye contact and them being weak willed, I figured to just use the sleep spell early on so there would be less of a commotion."

Running inside, the walkways were surprisingly wide and well decorated, occasionally leading off other ways. "Nicely wealthy I can imagine

Elis followed them, a hand already near her twin blades. Just in case... she thought. This place that she thought would be creepy, well, it was not creepy at all.

Alanna followed, having stopped staring wonderingly at the architecture and drawn her sword. She wondered about the wide walkways, and came to the conclusion that it was because the mage was a commander of air, and would probably be somewhat claustrophobic. She grinned and kept that in mind as they ran.

Soon enough, Tavi began to feel his magic. "He's very close, and ready to fight. If any of you want to back out now, it's already too late." Far ahead, he felt a small flicker of his target, the soul of the Mage. What was shocking was that it was jet black, or in other words, completely corrupted.

Mottley got his crossbow ready, loading it with a bolt that looked like a sharpened stick, still green as well. He began to sprint, running through the wind with ease as it was magical and didn't effect him. At the end of the hall a large wooden door was there and the mage was ready behind it, he could feel it in his gut.

Alanna saw Mottley sprint, and ran as well, squinting against the wind, but using techniques that she learned on the seas to almost keep up with Mottley. Her cat followed behind her, ears alert.

Tavi muttered a few words, and suddenly his appearance seemed faded, practically see through. He jogged at a regular pace, slightly behind the other, more athletic members.

Gerrick took up the rear, making sure they weren't being followed. He kept his crossbow out, pre-loaded with an ice bolt, and kept aware of his surroundings.

Gerrick took aim at the closest spirit, and called out to the others, "We've got company! Should I shoot?" He wasn't even sure if his bolts would effect them, or if they were hostile, so he awaited a response before taking any actions.

The spirit replied for the group, slashing at Gerrick with a blade of wind, barely missing his chest, only catching his shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alanna's cat turned and yowled at the spirit before sprinting toward Gerrick and the Wind spirits. Alanna turned to look, but saw that Gerrick and her cat were already taking care of it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Herrick jumped back at the spirit's attack and hip fired his crossbow at it. Upon contact, it would explode into water which would then quickly freeze. As soon as the bolt loosed from his crossbow, he began to load up another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back