The adventures of Mottley and crew [Inactive]

When the moon is highest in the sky in the city of Orven in Cygnar, the mayor's house erupts in flames. Followed by all of the high end markets, then all of the nobles. This continues until the city is nothing but ashes and smoke. A figure emerges from the smoke with a hideous laughter. Another city claimed by the evil wizard Khulgor. Nearby in the small village of Brightwyn Mottley sees the city erupt in flames and curses to himself, he was one step behind, again. But it was time to sleep, he had time before he made his next step. So he walked into a nearby inn where the nights residents were still up and lively. Mottley smiled, he loved being able to work and track all day and relax at night. He bought a room for the night and put his weapons away before heading back downstairs. He ordered a drink and went about socializing, he met a very nice girl named Elis, a half-orc named Gerrick and he saw a young boy sitting in a corner whom he didn't want to approach because he didn't wish to intimidate anyone. After an hour or two the bar started to clear out and Mottley went to bed.

The next morning Mottley rises early to get breakfast and greet the friendly people of the town.

Bob could finally see the docks. He jumped out of the boat he had been in for the last couple of days and swam to sure.

((Sorry people, I wasn't on all day...))

When Elis woke up, she looked around her before talking. "Another dream... Again," she said. She rubbed her head with her hands. The young woman wished that her dreams stopped before trying to see what the dream she just had meant. There was her, holding her sword. She got up from her bed and took her twin blades and her sword before going outside to practice. Not even a breakfast. That was particular to the young woman, she could skip meals and she never had any concequences about it. She placed herself in attack position and started training with her blades, away from spying looks.

Gerrick awoke quite early in the morning, he liked being able to see the sunrise. He ate his breakfast, a few slices of bread, as he watched its serene glory. Afterwards, he returned to the tavern. Taking a seat at the bar, he called the tavernkeeper over. "Any new jobs for me today?"

The tavernskeeper thinks for a moment, "I don't have any, but apparently there is some new guy in town, Mottley i think his name was? Or maybe it was Morgan? anyway some elvish man is looking for someone to help him on something. Ask him if your looking for work." 
Mottley was walking around, casually chewing a hunk of bread, when he noticed a girl training with twin blades. He smiled, it was always nice seeing people training. The determination in their eyes, the grunts of hard work not paying off yet. He found a nearby tree and sat down, admiring the sun and the birds while watching the girl train, he was careful not to disrupt her training.

((I said away from spying looks but i'll deal with it))

Elis continued her training but it looked like if it was a common routine for her. All of her movements were coordinated with her twin blades. She was smiling. It apparently looked really easy for her. Maybe the training for the past three years helped too. She eventually stopped and sat on the ground. She felt like someone was watching her. She stayed calm before looking behind her. She saw a man from where she was. She didn't say anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerrick sighed, "The talkative one from last night, I'll go look for him." Gerrick would have preferred working alone, but work is work. He left the tavern, and did a quick scan of the area. He rather liked this town, the smell of freshly baked bread issuing forth from the bakery. Birds tweeting in the trees nearby. You could easily forget the hustle and bustle of every day life and just stop for a while here... But that wasn't Gerrick's style. His eyes finally came to rest on the elf sitting in front of the tree. He walked over, briskly, until his shadow passed over the elf. "Heard you're looking for work."

Mottley looked at the half-orc, he remembered him from the night before. "Gerrick was it? And yes I could use some helpers." Mottley kept looking over at the girl, and when her training was done he frowned, she must have seen him.

The following morning, as the sun had just begun to shine over the horizon, Tavi stretched lavishly on his bed, enjoying the serene silence of the first morning hours. After stepping out of the bed and slipping on his somewhat wrinkled shirt and pants, he made to his night stand where he flipped through the old decaying black tome.

"As was expected, I'm just not getting this passage..." With a small sigh, Tavi slipped on his leather shoes and jacket and walked out of his room, locking the door, tome in hand. Going for a stroll, he found himself outside where a group of people were already occupying the space. Sitting over by a stump, he opened his book and began indulging himself in his studies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elis walked to the two and leaped on a tree branch near them. She recognised the man of yesterday. "Oh, you are Mottley right?" she asked before sitting on the branch. She smiled before putting her twin blades at their original place, near her sword.

Mottley smiled, "why yes I am, and you're Elis as I recall. Might i offer you a job as well?" Mottley made sure the inquisitive looking boy nearby heard him as he talked, he wondered what was in that black tome of his.

"What kind of job?" Elis asked curiously. She looked down at the ground and jumped away from her branch. She landed perfectly on the ground and turned to him. "I am always looking for new adventures," she said. "But I like to know what it is at first."

Mottley nodded "Fair enough, I am looking for people to join me on my quest. A quest to kill a very powerful wizard, for he has commited crimes that exceed any countries capability of even hoping to catch him. He is powerful enough to topple governments and i wish to stop him"

Ears perking up, Tavi adjusted his glasses slightly as he heard him being directed to. "Ah, pardon? Something about a job?" Although he wasn't normally this talkative to strangers, Tavi did need the money. He could only stay at the inn for another night. He also seemed to recall the others at the inn from the night before, although he had never actually talked to them.

Hearing the talk of a wizard, Tavi gave the man his full attention. "A wizard you say?"

Elis started laughing. "Yes, a wizzard," she said and smiled. "I'll be interrested to join." "I might be human but I have sharp sword skills."

((I will be back))

"Yes, and as I've said quite a powerful one." Mottley stood up, stretching out "There is no use in a body that can't fend for them-self, so if any of you wish to accept then you best be able to fight."

"Interesting," spoke Tavi. "I'm always open for a new experience. My name is Thavureous von Bismarke, but, you can call me Tavi." Closing his book, Tavi readjusted his sitting position so one leg was propped up on the other. "And who might you be, hirer? Miss? Sir?" Moving his eyes to each in order, Tavi smiled.

"Gerrick." He said to Tavi, bluntly. He then turned to Mottley, "And rest assured, I can handle myself in a fight."

Again, Eris leaped on a branch and sat there. She looked away. She was able to see. Another thing that was particular to her was that vision. She could see over normal vision and what she sees is clear as it was in front of her. She remembered what a woman told her. She told her that she had dragon's eyes. Elis tought that it was impossible. She was born of human parents, well, that's what she tought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back