• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Supernatural Teenage Drama

Dexter raised an eyebrow with a smirk. "You're in luck, I have the same class. Maybe I could come up with an excuse for us if you want." He suggested. He decided to take that class considering that his mental abilities were more extensive rather than powerful persay. If he worked hard enough, he may be able to branch off even more with his powers so that he'd be less likely to resort to mind control as a way to handle things. "I may NOT want to skip class for today, simply so that I don't miss out on anything. It's an issue for me when I don't know about everything." He stated heading out in the class' direction. "But I'll be sure to not forget a face like yours anytime soon."

Ryder raised an eyebrow, not sure whether to take that as an insult or flirting. Shrugging, he followed Dexter, figuring he might as well attend if the other guy was going. His power earned him a great deal of unity with the elements, so he was able to skip the first couple of courses back in elementary school. "I'll come, then. I might stumble across those f***wits again and it's no fun when you're alone, yeah?" Grinning, Ryder nudged his arm teasingly.

Dexter grinned with a low snicker. "Oh I'm positive they won't be an issue for you anytime soon.." He fell silent for brief moment before speaking again. "People who usually have a run-in with think thrice before doing it again." He stated blankly. "I'm warning you in advance though, you'll see it for yourself one of these days." Dexter recalled his prankster past for a moment while he continued walking.

Ryder nodded, digesting this information. "Cool, cool," he murmured, glancing around. The usual couple of screams resounded from the school, likely from one of the more dangerous classes. The pair stopped in front of a classroom with some holes blasted through it, revealing the terrified students inside. "Looks like we're here." When Ryder knocked and entered, the teacher's eyes shot daggers at them. After giving a basic rundown of what happened, however, she let them go with a warning and told them to take their seats. Apparently, she was in the middle of a demonstration of how dangerous elemental power could become if correctly combined with other powers.

Alec headed back into the school, heading down into the lower levels to meet Professor Hara. The hallways were mostly empty, but he still encountered a few stragglers. They all either stared at his injuries or gave him nasty looks. Shrugging it off, Alec knocked on Hara's door, waiting impatiently for his mentor to answer. When he hadn't answered five minutes later, Alec opened the door, surprised to find it unlocked. "Mr. Hara?" He called, stepping in. Alec was alarmed to find his desk in disarray. There was also no note left for him- highly unusual for the professor, who was usually a very organized person. Alec felt the first tendrils of panic as he hurried out of the classroom and towards the stairs.

Rob was walking down the stairs as Alec ran up then. Rob looked at him for a moment, "Hey Alec." He wasn't sure if Alec would even acknowledge him after the argument that occured the night before, "Uh everything okay man?" Rob was upset at the potential loss of this friendship, Alec had been the first person to talk to Rob outside of football.

"What?" Alec said distractedly. "No, have you seen Professor Hara?" He asked, stopping on the stairs for a moment. "I can't find him." Ordinarily, he wouldn't think anything of it, but Hara always would leave a note and he would never leave his desk in that state. Alec shifted his weight back and forth, restless.

"Uh, no I havent... Do you need help... finding him?" Alec was clearly worried, which was causing Rob to be uneasy as well. "Two eyes were always better than one right?" He raised a brow, hoping this could fix the small gap between the two.

"If you have time. You know who he is, right?" Alec asked, double checking. He wanted to find the other shifter students and find out of any had seen Hara since last night. Last he knew, Hara had been out in the forest, helping with the intruders.

"Yeah, he's the shifting teacher right? Ive seen him around before... Uh, where did you last see him? Rob had gone with Alec because he had no clue where he should go on his own.

"Last night, when he was taking me to the infirmary. I don't know if he's had any of his classes today." Alec headed upstairs, checking one of the teachers' lounges on the way. He pulled out his phone and dialed Hara's number, but only got voicemail. Alec swore under his breath.

"I didn't see him in there when Jordan and I brought the man in... He didn't go back out into the forest did he? I know a few of the hunters were still running around after the initial shootings... I dont remember hearing any after that though." Rob stood by Alec as he called Hara and watch patiently.

"He was out there to help take care of the intruders; that's all I know. I'll check his apartment and if he isn't there... I don't know." Most of the teachers stayed in apartments or small houses on the other side of campus from the dorms. Alec hurried down the hallway, heading for the nearest exit.

"Oh well, Im coming with you!" Rob followed quickly behind, "And my excuse is that you're in no condition to fight if we have to fight somebody, and having a giant metal block as a friend had benefits during fights!"

"I doubt there's anyone to fight, not on campus," Alec said as he pushed open the door. "And I'm not as bad off as you think," he added with a slight scowl. He strode across the grass outside, headed straight for the apartments. There was no way someone had gotten to Hara, of all people, without him raising the alarm. But still... Alec was worried.

Dexter peeked inside the room, observing some of the laugh out loud expressions some of the students had on their faces. He gave a chuffed laugh, "Oh man." he muttered catching his breath. After explaining themselves they both found seats near each other. "Water and oil don't mix kids." he winked to the other students as he sat down.

The teacher spoke for a couple more minutes before letting the kids try it out for themselves as a sort of diagnostics test. They were paired up by seats to keep an eye on each other while they attempted to combine the elements, which seemed difficult to the other kids. Ryder, on the other hand, did it all the time. "I think I got this," he said, moving to the side so as not to harm anyone. Narrowing his eyes, he decided on two combinations of the less common choices at random, one in each hand. Using earth and fire in his right, Ryder fused sand and heat to form glass shards that erupted upwards from his palm, creating jagged spikes that easily impaled the ceiling. With darkness and wind in his left hand, he shot out a huge puff of what looked like volcanic smoke without the actual smoke qualities, filling the classroom hazy outlines. This was one of the only classes he excelled in, and he would take his sweet time exploring it's endless combinations.

Dexter observed as Ryder manipulated the various elements. He clapped louder after each mixture out of respect. During the demonstration that involved darkness, he became intrigued with its results with wind. The volcanic smoke enveloped the classroom in fog. It covered up his black rimmed glasses and he was forced to take them off. "My turn." closing his eyes he aloud his mind to focus on the darkness surrounding him. It took him a bit longer than expected for him to apply said focus to the actual smoke rather than the minds around him. He nearly lost his grip when he thought to manipulate it like he could to other people. With the last of his strength his voice boomed throughout the room. "Begone." and with those words, the smoke gathered itself in sphere- like form and dissipated with the blink of an eye. Dexter felt an extreme lightheaded sensation throughout his body before passing out where he stood.

Ryder began to cheer, but cut himself off when he noticed a body dropping to the floor. "Dexter?!" Hurrying to the fallen boy's side, he checked for a pulse and sat back in relief when he found one. "Ah, hell nah, dude. That was too uncalled for." He shook him a few times, trying to wake him up, before giving up and looking towards the teacher. "I'm gonna take him to the nurse, if that's okay." The teacher nodded and Ryder picked Dexter up in his arms bridal style, using a bit of the minimal strength power he had picked up in elementary school. Careful not to jostle him too much, he brought him to the infirmary and laid him down on a bed, explaining what happened to the nurse. She nodded and let him know that Dexter would likely wake up soon, at which Ryder nodded and took as good news. Plopping down in a chair next to his bed, the shifter waited for his peer to wake up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan arrived at his history class and sat in a desk. He listened to all the jargon that the teacher was bringing up while trying to spell the new words correctly in his notes. Ryan was dismissed early due to the teacher's need to be present at a sudden department meeting. The teen walked out of his room and went to the instrument room which always seemed to be open and have air conditioning.

Edward turned around to see a student, "Ryan, what are you doing here?" Ryan sat down on a chair, "Just...visiting". The teacher nodded, "So how have you been with classes?" The teen grabbed two drumsticks, "Fine...they're kind of boring". Edward tilted his head, "Are you sure you're ready to play those again? You haven't touched that since you were...". "Twelve" Ryan interrupted. Once his strength began to go haywire at twelve, it got in the way of his drum playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob noticed Alec's look, "Look I mean, I know you can probably handle yourself, but, when bullets start flying, instead of getting shot again, you can just hide behind me. Im like a tank. Unless you can turn into any animal you want, and then you could turn into like... a badass Rhino or something, that would be pretty cool, I mean think about it, you just char- Er wait, we're n a mission we can talk after. Sorry."

Alec sighed. "I can't shift at all. Well, technically I can. But an animal with a broken leg or wing is even more useless than a human with a broken arm." As Alec entered the apartment building, he knew no one would be there to question why they weren't in class. All the teachers were at the school now. Alec knocked loudly on the professor's door and waited for an answer. When one didn't come, he pulled out the key Hara had given to him for emergencies.

Rob raised a brow, "You and Mr.Hara sure are... close..." He scratched his head, "Yeah, but I mean for future occurrences, when you dont have a shattered arm, you can be any animal you want right? What about like.. extinct ones? Can you become a T-Rex? Or a Velociraptor? That'd be cool as hell." Rob looked around, a little worried a teacher might catch them.

Charlotte laughed at Richard´s joke.

"Well, shadow girl has English class so I need to go. See you later?"

Charlotte though about the play and frowned. She was nervous of what could happen during the play, she tried to not get into any trouble to stop getting the horrible punishments the school was giving students who broke the rules. She never thought she would miss going to detention as she did now. Charlotte took out her phone and searched her character in the internet

Ryan seemed pretty confident in his decision to play the drums, and Edward nodded his approval. The teacher closed the door to prevent the sound from going out while the teen began drumming away all the craziness that has happened within the past two days. He wasn't just hitting the drums without rhythm. He created a rather unique solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back