• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Story of a Lifetime Buildingaspaceship X xx0mittens0xx

When Dorian had arrived home, he had made himself another meal, because he was so hungry despite the pizza. Changing really took it out of him. He had eaten it and cleared up before he had collapsed on his couch and put his headphones on, listening to his music on full blast in his ears, nodding his head along to his music and singing along quietly as he began to cut out more newspaper articles about the killings, then stuck them into his scrapbook. Since the first report about it, he had been sticking them in here so he could look through it and see how he had developed his skills and tactics over the years. He began to cut out the article on Darcy's attack, no matter how brief it was. He wondered how she was doing, and what kind of wolf she was going to be. He knew that she'd been changed by him, he felt sort of responsible for her now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unintentionally she found herself at Dorian's place, not quite sure why she went there. She wasn't exactly going to scratch at his door like a stray dog. She stops her running at seeing his house, she was exhausted from running straight from her apartment anyways. She stood there in the moonlight panting heavily having no idea what she was supposed to be doing or how to handle the things she was feeling. She passed a jogger than she knew if she wasn't so panicked, something in her wanted to chase them and that panicked her even more so she was a complete wreck. She closes her eyes tightly in an attempt to wake herself up if this was indeed a bad dream.

Dorian breathed in deeply and immediately pulled off his headphones and hid his scrap book under his sofa, he stands up quickly and looks out of his window, seeing the large brown wolf stood there in the moonlight and a devilish smile appears on his face as he walks quickly over to his front door. He opens it, before he raises his eyebrows, the grin still on his face as he beckons Darcy inside using a jerking motion in his head. He steps out of the way of the door so that if she did decide to come in then she would have enough room. He didn't know what he was going to tell her, or how he was going to calm her down when she changed back. He didn't even know whether or not she would suspect him of being one now.

Darcy looks over as she hears the door open to Dorian's house and was about to shoot off like a rocket at being spotted but didn't at seeing him beckoning her inside. She looks the direction she came from before back at Dorian. Why the hell was he inviting a wolf into his home. She gingerly steps forward, stopping at his doorstop to look up at him briefly before cautiously stepping inside, not sure what the hell was going on. She figured it'd probably be safer here than out in the open for people to see her, she couldn't very well go home when she was nearly ready to eat her cat. She look around his house curiously before making her way into the living room and slowly sits down, her eyes full of fear and confusion.

Dorian shuts and locks the door before he walks over to the couch in the living room, sitting down on it comfortably, resting his feet on the coffee table he smirks evilly at Darcy. Maybe now his true colours would finally show to her. He pushes his hair out if his eyes as he watches her, afraid and confused. He unplugs his earphones and connects his phone to Bluetooth on his large stereo player, putting on the music he had just been listening to. He much preferred punk or alternative music, and so that sound filled his house as he rolls up his sleeves so that they ended at his elbow. "Hey Darcy," he says, knowingly.

Darcy watches as he shuts and locks the door, a bit unsure about being closed in. It was just Dorian, he wouldn't hurt her right? He didn't exactly know it was her either though... She looks up at hearing the music, her ears swiveling back unsure. She would normally enjoy a bit of music but her condition didn't let her enjoy much at the moment. She was looking around his house curiously when she turns her attention to Dorian as he calls her name, it not hitting her until a moment later that he shouldn't know who she was. She backs up slightly, only managing to bump into the wall. She was still half panicked,not realizing she could shift back at will just yet. She turns her attention back towards him and growls, not in a necessarily threatening way just a "I don't know what the fuck is going on and apparently you do" type of growl.

Dorian smiles at her growling and thinks about changing so that he could show her that he was like her and that she shouldn't be afraid, but he didn't want to ache even more in the morning, and he didn't really fancy getting naked in front of Darcy. He realises that this is all knew to her, and quickly reaches down the back of his sofa and pulls out an oversized hoody and throws it towards her. "All you gotta do, is just... Change. Will it in your bones, your mind, your heart. Don't just scream it to yourself, or that won't work. It all comes down to you." He states, raising one eyebrow and leaning back in his chair. He wondered how she was taking the situation.

Darcy steps back when throws the hoody before just realizing it was indeed a hoody. She looks up at him like he was crazy as he speaks but none the less takes a deep breath and continues to tell herself to change over and over again. She finally calmed down enough that it worked and she shifts back with a cry, her bones popping back into where they should be as a human. She was breathing heavily and sitting back on her legs when she looked down to see if she still had hairy legs or freckled skin again and realized the point of having the hoody thrown at her. She quickly reaches for it and slips it on before looking over at him with wild eyes. "What the hell just happened to me!!!!?" She nearly screams as she just stares at Dorian in disbelief. "This has to be a dream, some crazy ass weird dream"

"Did that change hurt?" He asks her, smirking slightly. "If yes, then... Sorry kiddo, this ain't no dream world." He shrugs his shoulders as he crosses one leg over the other, still keeping them on top of the coffee table. "Welcome to the harsh reality of being like you are, pain, changing, fur." He shrugs his shoulders and puts his arms behind his head cockily, "you, my friend, just changed from a human, to a wolf. And just now? A wolf, to a human." He claps his hands condescendingly, "Sorry to tell you this, Darcy. But you're a werewolf. Welcome to my world." He winks at her, biting his lip. He made sure that he didn't look at her until she did put the hoody on, and then when she did he only kept his eyes on her face. She looked so confused and scared, so vulnerable. Poor little Darcy.

Darcy gets to her feet, thankful the hoody was just long enough as she made her way to the couch to sit down, curling her legs up inside the hoody as she takes in what he just said. She looks at him briefly before something flashes across her eyes and she crawls closer to him, staring him straight in the eyes before punching him square in the face. "I didn't want this! You were that god damn dog that attacked me last night! Why would you do that!?" She just put two and two together and was hovering over top of him, his cocky way of telling her what she was did not soothe her one bit, her temper in full blaze. She still didn't know about him being responsible for the murders, her thoughts hadn't drifted to that yet. She was already a bit of a pistol and now the added aggression of being a werewolf, he was just lucky he had her change back before telling her the news. She looks down at him. "Did that punch hurt?" She asks in the same manner he asked her about the change before moving back to sit on the other side of the couch. She huffs angerly, not sure how to take finding out someone she considered a friend was a werewolf and now she was one thanks to him.

Dorian gasps and lifts his hand up to his face after she punched it, shutting his eyes for a moment, and mumbling 'Son of a bitch' underneath his breath. He opens his eyes and rubs at his face while he glares at her, he was going to have yet ANOTHER bruise thanks to this chick. He remains leaning back in his position though, and crosses his arms across his chest. "Congratulations, your deduction skills are marvellous. I was indeed, the big bad wolf that attacked you that night." He says, still keeping his cocky demeanour despite the punch, however now he stands, turning his music off and walking over so that he could lean against the door. His kitchen, living room, and dining room, were all one room, so he decided to walk over the kitchen counter and lean against that, directly across from him were the knives. It wasn't ideal, but if she tried to hit him again at least he could threaten her with them. He had never killed as a human before, so he didn't really know how that would work out, but he knew that he wouldn't have time to change.

"Oh don't stop the party because of me!" She says when he turns on the music . She sighs and looks away from him once he gets up folding her arms across her chest. "Sorry for punching you but you deserved it. and you know it" She pulls her legs up under her hoody and lays her head on her knees. She closes her eyes for a moment before looking over at him. "Are we the only ones around here? Or are there others? Like what am I supposed to do I have no idea what I'm supposed to do! I tried to eat my cat I can't stay in an apartment building like this!"

"Yeah... You may want to avoid cats from now on..." He says tutting slightly and sticking his hands in his pockets, he smiles slightly and looks at Darcy funnily, "well... Where do you propose you stay if you can't stay in your apartment building. There's room here, but you don't seem like you like me very much as of about ten minutes ago." He laughs slightly and shrugs his shoulders. "We're the only ones. I got very lonely, although, I wasn't aiming to get you to be like me." He says, raising his eyebrows. She was actually taking this whole werewolf thing very well. But... How well would she take it when she realised that he was the one who the police were looking for? Who had butchered every victim, without even flinching. He had happily ate their flesh. Contrary to popular belief, werewolves could control their actions, which meant that Dorian had quite clearly wanted to kill those people.

"I liked my cat" She pouts before looking at him when he says she didn't like him very much. "Well I apologize if I'm not trying to be bffs with someone who tried to kill me." She rubs her forehead. She looks up at Dorian, she had liked him alot, other than his cocky nature. She didn't keep very many friends and she finally connected with someone and they end up being something that she thought only existed in myths. "I'd like to stay tonight if you don't mind. I don't trust myself alone right now..." She wasn't sure she trusted herself in any situation right now. "And tomorrow night you're going to show me around to this whole werewolf thing"

"I don't mind if you stay," Dorian nods his head and grins slightly, before pushing away from the kitchen counter and over to Darcy, he jerks his head for her to follow him as he walks upstairs to his bedroom. He would be polite and let her take the bed, considering the whole situation. He remembers his first change then, how he had been alone, confused, and afraid. As his bones had cracked and his body changed in the middle of an empty field, he had been on his way to see his mother in hospital, but had stopped at the side of the road because he felt sick. Little did he know that was when his life would fully change forever. His mother had come off worse from the attack that had left Dorian with a simple bite wound, she had had her throat ripped open, and while they were doing all they could to save her, they knew she wouldn't last long hooked to those machines with her stitches in her throat. Dorian shuts his eyes and he focuses on the present, looking at Darcy and opening his bedroom door. "You can have my room. It's much more comfortable than the couch." He says as he quickly gathers up some of his dirty clothes and chucks them in the ever growing pile in the corner.

Darcy follows Dorian upstairs and looks into his room before back at him with a smile. "Alright you get a little leniency at offering me your bed. I'm sorry again that I punched you Dorian. I was angry and I still don't know how to take this whole situation. But it would help if you were nice to me about it. If you want someone to share this whole wonderful gift you gave me" She says with sarcasm though she had a feeling she'd be liking it better soon. "Then you should start by being less cocky and more nice" She pokes him in the chest gently before smiling. "Thank you for letting me stay. I'll see you in the morning" She was more than willing to get some sleep, she was exhausted from this whole ordeal, mentally and physically. She plops down on the bed and curls up, finding sleep in no time.

Dorian watches her curl up, and turns the light of his room off as he leaves the room, shutting the door behind him. He walks back downstairs and then chews the inside of his cheek as he realised that maybe Darcy would need clothes for tomorrow. He couldn't be bothered to break into her apartment or anything, so Dorian just decided he would give her one of his shirts and a pair of jogging bottoms or something. He walks downstairs, turning off the living room light and walking over to his sofa, sitting down and grabbing the blanket that he had been using to wrap himself in every time he needed comfort and security. He wraps it tightly around himself and lays on the sofa, curling up slightly as he began to drift off to sleep, dreaming of his mother.

Darcy eventually wakes the next morning, it had been a while since she slept that good. She didn't know if it was the extreme exhaustion or just sleeping in another bed. She lays in bed until she hears Dorian stirring around downstairs, not wanting to wake him. She rolls out of bed before giving a good stretch. She tries to flatten her bed head to the best of her ability as she made her way downstairs, hearing her stomach growl, she was feeling ravenous.

Dorian was still on the couch when Darcy walked down the stairs, he was half asleep, blanket on the floor, one arm over the edge of the couch bent at the elbow. His legs were tangled with the only part of the blanket that was still on the couch. When he heard Darcy's stomach growl, he opened his eyes slowly, blinking a few times before he slowly sits up and rubs his eyes. He yawns slightly as he picks up his blanket and scrunches it up and pushes it down the back of the sofa. "Morning," he mumbles as he stands up, stretching, cracking his neck and his arms. "Sleep okay?" He asks her as he walks over to the refrigerator and looks inside it. He had a lot of food in there, but nothing he wanted to specifically eat.

Darcy couldn't help but chuckle at the way he was sleeping before watching as he woke up. "Good morning and yes actually, I slept very well" She watches him make his way to the fridge. "I know one thing I'm starving... I don't think I've ever been this hungry" She makes her way into the kitchen, leaning against the counter. "Also, I was wondering if I could borrow something other than a hoody to get home in. and I was wondering if you'd mind if I crashed here a few days, just until I can learn to control myself around my cat or find someone to take her in...."

"That's fine with me," Dorian says as he pulls out a carton of orange juice and sticks it on the table. He walks back to the fridge and opens it again. "And yeah I'll give you some clothes. Just let me get breakfast," he says and just on queue his stomach lets out a large groan, and he laughs slightly as he mulls over what to eat. He quickly swaps the previous orange juice for milk and grabs a bowl, filling it with cereal for himself as he looks up at Darcy. "What do you want to eat? You can have anything in the fridge." He tells her, and nods his head in the fridges direction. "And honestly, I used to have a small dog before I changed one night at home. Needless to say it didn't end pretty for him." He laughs slightly and puts his hands on his hips.

"Poor puppy, I don't think I could stand it knowing I killed my own cat" She states before making her way over to the fridge, pulling out the eggs. After finding his frying pan she starts on some fried eggs before looking back at him, rolling up the sleeves on the hoody. "Are you going to want any? I can add some to it." She asks, wrinkling her freckled nose at the idea of cereal. Cereal never filled her up, it was more of a snack rather than a meal to her, especially in the state of hunger she's in now.

"No, I'm good," Dorian laughs slightly as he pours his milk over his cereal slowly, watching it as it drowned the food. He screws the cap onto the milk silently and puts it back in the fridge before walking over to the table and sitting down at it. He takes the first bite and smiles slightly at the taste, for some reason cereal was another one of his favourite foods. He looks up at Darcy, remembering that he had company. He didn't know what to say about the comment that she had said about him killing his dog, and he smiles. 'You've killed a lot worse than a dog, Dorian.' He thinks to himself and takes another bite. "You're taking this remarkably well, Darcy. I'm not sure whether or not I said that yet."

Darcy puts the eggs on a plate, putting the ones she didn't use back in the fridge. She sits down with her breakfast and looks over at Dorian and gives a shrug. "I don't know if it's actually sunk in or not. And I should be beyond pissed at you" She states pointing her fork at him before digging in her to her eggs. "But seeing as how you're the only one I can possibly talk to about and deal with this with then I suppose I'm going to have to learn forgiveness" She scarfs down her eggs, trying to keep some manners about her but she was starving. "Does changing always make you this hungry?"

"It makes you hungry, it makes you tired, man it makes you tired. That's what fucked up my sleeping plan in the first place." He laughs slightly and looks at her, eating more of his cereal. "And man, does it give you bruises." He laughs slightly and pulls up his black shirt so that it was up to his collarbone, showing the bruises over his ribs. "I mean, if you're lucky you won't get them as bad, but if you change as often as I do, then you'll get them bad." He laughs slightly and pulls his shirt back down before eating more of his cereal, shoving in a spoonful, slightly too much for his mouth to handle, and he nearly chokes on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back