• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Story of a Lifetime Buildingaspaceship X xx0mittens0xx

He shakes his head and shrugs his shoulders. "Maybe we don't have to sleep with investigators to get evidence... Where do you think it's kept?" He asks her, raising her eyebrows. "Wait never mind, there'll be serious security won't there?" He looks over the pictures again. "I think he kills at night because he has to, but I haven't figured out quite why yet. Maybe, if it were a man and his dog, the dog would draw much too much attention. Wouldn't it be barking and growling if it were actually attacking these people? But then, where do the dog tracks go, it's hardly like he can pick the dog up by the size of the prints." He shakes his head again. "It's all strange." He smirks slightly to himself, it was odd working on an investigation of a crime that you weren't exactly innocent of. He says this, chewing his lip knowingly, "maybe he got seen before he could finish covering his tracks, but... I don't think it's likely. But then, maybe he was seen doing something. In which case, wouldn't he kill the person who saw him? But maybe he can't. He can't kill them because of the obsessive compulsion, and he's risking it until the next week. Maybe the footprints are the mistake. Maybe he's a werewolf, and the transition between two tracks are a mistake." He says frowning, sipping his beer again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
"I meant it more as a figure of speech, or a joke at worst. I'd be far from this town ages ago if I did things like that" She laughs. "I just mean to have connections to an investigator in general. But yeah, an unsolved murder, yeah there's no way we'd be able to get our hands on that." She looks down at the pictures as well. "Unless it was a very well trained dog. Growling wouldn't be as loud with a mouthful and barking can be trained not to be done." She nods agreeingly to him saying it was strange. "But yeah the disappearance and blending of the tracks don't make sense" She sighs frustratedly before downing the last bit of her drink, pointing the number 1 to the bartender to bring her one more. "Ok so let's say the killer has... standards in which he needs to kill. What are his standards. Apparently one victim a week, it appears age isn't a big factor........"She takes her drink as it's brought over "If he was a werewolf you'd think it'd be once a month under the full moon type of thing. If I was to indulge that idea. Maybe we should set up a trap. What do you use for werewolf bait?" She asks with a chuckle.

"Uncooked meat and human flesh?" Dorian proposes, chuckling back and a smile playing at his lips. "Perhaps they don't change under the full moon. But yes, yes, enough jokes," he had already planted enough doubt in her mind for now, even if it was just light joking, she would soon come to see. "Standards. Age, well, he hasn't attacked children yet, and it would seem as well that each victim was alone and moderately easy to pick off. What day was it again? That he killed the last one? I want to know how many days we have left until the next one is killed... Erm, if there truly is a pattern, that is." He taps on the wood of the bar and looks at the pictures again, was there something else he missed that he could point out? He didn't think so. "I wish we could have seen the crime scene when it was fresh." He sighs to himself, knowing she would hear him.

(Nope just got it once, you're good) 
"Well yes no children, they hardly make a meal, joking joking!, or hopefully the killer has a tiny bit or morals about him. And it would seem by the easy pickings logic people will soon not be so willing to wander around own their own making victims scarce. What then?" She smirks. "Killer's out of luck and that's when they'll probably catch them. Sad it wouldn't be sooner" She looks back down at the pictures. "And no pattern other than the week apart and easy targets. But I think 1-2 more days if I'm correct until the next one." She taps her finger to her lip. "I can show you the most recent site if you really want to. It's what I was doing before knocking on your door. I heard your trash can and hoped you had seen something. So it's not far from where you live"

"I hadn't realised where the last one was actually," he says and he nods, "Can we see it? I think there are things that the police will have possibly missed or overlooked." He pushes back his chair and he stands, grabbing his beer and drinking the last of it. "I feel much safer knowing I have 2 more days to walk around freely until he does this again." He smiles and he quickly begins to plan things in his head, plan ways and organise the next time. He did not take long to come up with plans, and so he knew by the time his beer bottle was empty that next time would be different, that he would not kill out on the streets. You want to strike fear into the hearts of people? You kill them in their homes. "What are you planning on doing that night anyway? Are you going to stay home where it's safe or are you going to try to catch him in the act?" He smiles at her, his weight on one foot.

"Yeah we can see it. I'll take you there" She looks at her drink and pouts, knowing if she chugged it all at once she'd be more than just feeling it and driving would be out of the equation. She slides out of her bar stool, gathering all her notes and slipping her bag over her shoulder once she had everything packed up. "Me? As much as I'd love to catch him in the act. I'm not exactly the sneakiest and the strongest to over power the guy if he were to turn on me. So I'll be staying home playing it safe, my favorite show is on anyways." She walks past him motioning him to follow. She reaches the parking lot and her car. Once they were both in she makes her way to the most recent spot, stepping out of her car after grabbing her flashlight and makes her way over to and under the caution tape, treading lightly since her shoes were far from made for being in it and one wrong step she'd be face first in it. "Here we are"

He knew what he would be doing that night, staying in would drive him crazy, he knew what he had to do and now he just had to plan how to do it. Dorian climbs out of the car and ducks under the caution tape, treading lightly so as not to cause his footprints to be left, he was glad that he had worn shoes this time, being barefoot here again and leaving tracks would be a clear sign that it was him. Not that he would come here barefoot by choice anyway, what kind of crazy people did that? "You know a lot of detective shows say that the killer usually likes to come back to the place where they committed their crimes? Do you reckon he does that?" He asks out loud while he walks over to one of the tracks, the one next to the fingerprints. No one had covered them since they may have needed them for more evidence later on. As he crouches, he brushes over the footprint lightly with his fingers and he sighs slightly before standing again and walking over to her.

"Only the stupid ones in my opinion. Or the ones so conceited it gives them a turn on" She says moving her flashlight around for any sign of something new. "It's just all the same stuff... weird foot prints, blood, and mud...." She jumps a bit at hearing a deer take off out of some bushes and just narrows her eyes. "I wasn't scared, it's just all that stupid werewolf nonsense you put in my head mixing with alcohol" She states before kneeling down awkwardly trying not to get her outfit too muddy as she examines some of the tracks. "It's just sooo weird. No wonder it's the biggest story of the year" She taps her chin thoughtfully out of habit before realizing she had mud on her finger and sighs trying to wipe it off her chin. "I don't think we're gonna find anything tonight"

"You want to leave it one more night?" He asks her, looking at her thoughtfully. "Well, I suppose seen as we know he has a pattern, we know that he won't kill again before... Was it Monday, or Tuesday? I can't remember." He shrugs his shoulders, "so it would be safe to just leave it, I mean no ones going to get hurt." He kneels down next to her, not too bothered about getting himself muddy, he got dirtier than this before, that was for sure. Dorian examines the tracks that she was looking at. "Maybe it's not nonsense. I mean think about it. The tracks change from animal to man, it's controlled, and the killings are all identical. I don't think an animal could reproduce a crime in the same way. I mean, I'm not saying I believe in that kind of thing! But they didn't exactly... Leave much evidence to suggest otherwise. Unless... Maybe they're a sick guy who believes they're a werewolf. I've heard about those." He raises his eyebrows.

"I suppose that could be plausible but believing in one and being one.... I mean this guy is pretty believable. I mean I know it's a crazy idea but not really. You should see some of the websites this guy has been inspiration for" She shakes her head before that movement made her lose her balance and into the mud her knees went. She just sighs it was only mud after all but still felt weird against the stockings. "Anyways" She pulls herself up out of the mud. "It's probably not good to leave signs of me being around here... What are you going to be doing then? When the "attack" is supposed to happen? Waiting around or going to go figure it out?"

"I'll probably... Hmm. I don't know what I'll do. I might go out and try to find this guy, but then I don't fancy losing my life, so I would probably stay inside. Yeah. Yeah no I don't want to die." He laughs a little. He stands up and looks down at his feet, and at the footprints beside it. Human footprints, the same size as his. He moves his feet nervously away from the tracks. "Maybe we should probably leave the crime scene?" He asks her, nodding his head in the direction of her car. But as he does, he hears a shout, from someone official sounding. "Hey! You! Don't move!" His eyes widen and he looks at Darcy fearfully. Cops? What would he do now? He'd have to learn how to lie, and he'd have to do it fast. But maybe Darcy could help the situation. She could just say that she is a nosy reporter, right? Get them out of trouble and stuff? What if she didn't? Or what if she did, but they questioned him anyway?

Darcy just sighs frustratedly as she puts her hands on her hips. This was bound to happen eventually she supposed. "Look officer" she states assuming he was a cop. "I'm Darcy McNabb a reporter for The Beacon and this is my intern Dorian. I was just trying to get something good for my story. We don't mean any harm and our curiosity got the better of us. We were just leaving...." She hopes that was all she needed to say to get let off the hook. She wanted to just go but waited for the man who owned the voice to show up before she could do anything so just waited impatiently in the mud.

The officer steps into view with his flashlight, pointing it at the two of them. Dorian squints slightly and looks away from the man, hoping he wouldn't look at his face. He couldn't. Before, he had been involved in little crimes, petty things that had got him arrested. If he looked at his face then he would know he was not Darcys intern. With his hand he quickly messed with his hair so it was covering one eye, and he put up his jackets hood. The officer squints at them, and grunts. "You best be leaving. You damn reporters need to keep your nose out of serious business like this." He complains before tutting and shaking his head, turning to leave. Dorian sighs in relief.

"Yes officer. We were just doing that and we apologize" She says quickly making an exit before bursting out in laughter once they were out of ear shot of the officer. She looks at Dorian with a grin. "Your "we should be leaving" came about 5 minutes too short. Though nice 6th sense there on it" She says still chuckling as she got to her car. "Did you want to head home I can drop you though you're not that far from here. All I'm going to be doing is typing up something to become a half decent article about all this. You're more than welcome to help me but I'm afraid I won't be very entertaining for the rest of the night. It's due in Monday so I gotta get cracking on it."

"I should probably walk home." He says quietly but a grin is spread across his face. His heart was racing and he looks down at the ground before laughing a bit. "Thanks for letting me tag along and stuff... I'll call you if I find anything out. And hey! If it's due Monday do you still need to investigate it if the murders happen the day after?" He tilts his head to the side but he begins to walk out of the crime scene slowly, making sure to wait up for her a little. "Because I still will be, I know for sure. If you still want to investigate then you definitely can join me." He shrugs his shoulders, smiling.

"Alright well I'll see you around and no problem. I'd definitely appreciate a call." She leans against her call as he asks another question. "Yes I will. I'm reporting on the entire spree. I already have some articles on some past ones but if there is another after my story is printed you bet I'll be on it. Good night and talk to you later" She says with a grin. She waves him a good night before getting in her car and heading home to type up her article and get some needed sleep. (I don't know if in your next post you want to skip ahead a few days, you can if you want I don't know what else other than fluff to put in until then)

(Yeah I'll skip!) Dorian walked home quickly, his hood still up, a smile plastered on his face. He walks to his home, locking the doors to it when he gets inside and grabbing his scrapbook from underneath the sofa, along with the other articles. He had a lot of planning to do...

... It was going to be tonight. It had been a few days, it was Tuesday now, and he had every single thing planned. He quickly pulls on his plain black baggy sweater and a pair of black track suit bottoms. Less easy to be spotted, more easy to get out of. He covers his face with his hair and smirks in the mirror at himself, before walking downstairs and turning on the TV, closing the curtains slightly, and leaving the light on. He unlocks the door, and steps outside.

Darcy was home stretched out on her couch having herself a bottle of wine and eating chinese while watching chick flicks. Living the oh so glamorous life of a news reporter. She was just happy she didn't have the prospect of an article at the back of her mind since the last one was out, edited, and published and no new murders had happened to report on. She gives a piece of her shrimp from her food to her cat who sniffs it before promptly wandering off. "Too good for chinese food shrimp!? I see how it is" She calls before continuing to watch the movie. She glances up at the clock on her wall, a little after 11pm. She should probably head to bed but wasn't tired at this point and was in the middle of a movie so settled for another glass of a wine and an extra cup of coffee in the morning.

He locks the door behind him and puts the key underneath a rock next to the door, before quickly walking away from it. His hood still over his head, he knew he probably looked suspicious, but he doubted that anyone would stop him at this point. He looks up at the street lamps while he walks, his hands in his pockets, until he finds the house that he was targeting tonight. This attack was not random, it was to send a message. He stands and looks at it for a moment before he walks around to the back of the house, hiding behind their high fence as he uses the cover of the trees to watch through the gaps in the fence. They were all inside tonight. A mother, a father, a son.

She flips the channel briefly to the news for any news about another murder but so far nothing. She frowns before reprimanding herself, she shouldn't be mad that no one had died. She leaves the news on for now before pulling her laptop onto her lap and starts googling the term "werewolf" deciding a little research probably wouldn't be a bad idea. She found herself unintentionally writing notes on it, getting wrapped up into it. "I think it'd be pretty cool to be a werewolf, considering you can control yourself" She taps her pencil on her chin thoughtfully.

He kneels down on the ground after watching for a short while, he knew what was coming now, and as he stripped down until he was naked he was thankful that at least the areas that he chose had trees for coverage. He quickly hides his clothes underneath a large rock to make sure that, in case he didn't get back here, they were not found. After he hides his clothes he walks to the fence again, before his body jerks, and pain shoots through him. His bones crack and snap out of place, and he ends up on all fours. His fingers plunge deep into the earth as he bites down on his lip to stop himself from crying out in pain. He feels his skin begin to fall off, peeling, and fur begin to take its place. His head shoots backwards as his whole body begins to change.

Darcy realized what she was doing and shook her head. "Researching werewolves. You're being ridiculous" She says to herself and puts away her laptop at that thought. She leans back against her couch getting comfortable again, listening to the news. She soon found herself fast asleep after listening to the news anchor drone on. She ended up having crazy dreams about being chased by wolves and people who shifted into both or spoke crazy things to her.

After a moment, where he once stood, a large black wolf took his place, and he howled up at the half moon. He wasn't like the others who could only change on a full moon. Dorian sniffs the ground, he has a job to do, he had to get inside that house and kill that family. And so that is what he did. He nudged the open fence door and let himself inside their backyard, padding softly across the mud and to the back door of their home. He now just had to get into their home, and so he softly scratched at the back door with his sharp claws, whining to be let in. He did this for around five minutes until someone finally came to the door to investigate the noise. They opened it, looking down in sudden terror as they saw the midnight wolf, and Dorian did not hesitate as he seized his chance, lunging forward and knocking the large man to the ground, savagely ripping into his throat. A woman, the mother, came into the kitchen to see what was going on, her eyes wide and frightened as she saw the bloody scene. Dorian quickly turned his gaze on her, and as she began to run in the direction of, either the front door, or her son, he would never know because before she could make it to her destination, Dorian was upon her, ripping her throat open savagely too, and, as he heard light childish footsteps from the stairs, he began to eat the flesh of the woman now dead in front of him. As the child rounded the corner into the kitchen, he began to scream as he saw his parents, but Dorian raised his head, staring into the young boys eyes as he began to circle him, the boy began to cry, backing into a corner defensively. Slowly, Dorian advanced on the boy, eventually he lunged, biting the boys legs and pulling him to the ground, before he bit his chest, his arms, and then the boys throat. When he was sure he was dead, he savagely ripped the boys arms from his body, before he knew that now, he needed to leave.

Darcy wakes up the next morning to the sound of beeping as the TV had a banner with "breaking news" scroll across it. She looks around at realizing she fell asleep on the couch before sitting up with a groan since sleeping on the couch always made her neck sore. She looks back at the TV seeing a news reporter standing in front of a house reporting the vicious murder. She winces a bit as he describes the way they were killed and flips off the TV once the report was done. "I suppose it was about time for one to happen, but three people at once? In their own home? Now that's different" She mutters to herself as she turns on some music to start her day. She looks at the clock and sees it was still early so decides to wait to call Dorian until a little later. She shuffles into the kitchen to start her coffee machine and heads into the bathroom to shower while the coffee brews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back