• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Story of a Lifetime Buildingaspaceship X xx0mittens0xx

"It looked like a wolf but it's just strange one would come into town. So maybe just a big black german shepherd I'm not entirely sure." She leans back against the couch at his offer of coming over. "Actually that sounds wonderful. I'd appreciate it. I'll pay for dinner, if you don't mind a choice of pizza or chinese since they're the only things that deliver here" She chuckles. "But I live at The Terrace, Apartment 3B"

"Pizza sounds great to be honest, I'll bring the drinks and be there as soon as I can. Bye," He says as he stands up, grimacing again, he walks to the front door after hanging up the call. Dorian grabs his jacket and his shoes, not bothering to change out of his comfortable clothing, and he grabs a backpack and puts a bottle of wine that he had bought a few days ago but never drank into the bag. He slips on his jacket and pulls the bag onto one shoulder and grabbed his keys as he walked out of his house. He put his hood up, and his earphones in as he walked, listening to some weird music that he had added to his playlist. He knew the way to her apartment, it was near where he had attacked her, and as he passed that spot he couldn't help but smile to himself slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darcy went ahead and ordered a large pizza for delivery while waiting on Dorian's arrival. She grumbles a bit under her breath at hearing the people the floor above her walking around all day. She didn't even stop to think she never could hear them before, and just assumed it was due to them walking heavier on purpose. She rubs her forehead a bit as she makes her way into the bathroom to take some aspirin, she had been having the worst headache ever since the attack. She downs the pills before making her way to the apartment door, opening it before Dorian had a chance to knock, already hearing him outside of it. "Hey, long time no see" She says moving out of the way to let him, the last time she officially saw him was about a week ago when that family got murdered, she'd talked to him between now and then but hadn't gone out to do anything. "The pizza should be here any moment"

Dorian walks inside her apartment and smiles at the decoration of it, it was much better than his own home that was for sure, but then he presumed that females often decorated things better. His mother had always done a better job than his father. "Good, I'm starving, I don't remember the last time I ate." He says, but not revealing that he was planning on eating her yesterday and that's why he hadn't eaten all day, and he hadn't eaten today because he had slept most of it.

Her cat proceeds to get up from the recliner she was sleeping in letting out a hiss and quickly darts into the bedroom under the bed at the sight of Dorian. Darcy watches her before just shaking her head. "She's been acting weird ever since I came home. I guess a night alone spooked her. I don't now what her issue is" She states as she hobbles back into the living room to plop down on the couch, annoyed with her leg but it surprisingly was hurting much less than last night.

Dorian knew why the cat was hissing at him but he didn't say anything about it, but he did pick up on what Darcy said about her acting this way since she came home... He didn't understand, but... No. He follows her into the living room, watching her hobble, admiring his own work. He'd never paid much attention to the aftermath, he wished he had. He enjoyed the killing, why shouldn't he enjoy the art afterwards? Dorian sits down on the couch, smiling. "Eh, cats are cats. They hate everybody. I'm not a cat person, honestly, I prefer uh, dogs." He smiles to himself at his little joke, currently forgetting what Darcy had said about her cat acting weird with her. "So uh... How're you holding up?" He asks her, biting his lip and taking his hood down, but he didn't take his jacket off, he didn't want to reveal all the bruises.

"I've always been a cat person and last night kind of validated why I'm a cat person" She props her leg up on the ottoman and rubs her forehead again. She looks over at him as he took the hood down, catching his smell at the movement. It was earthy and with a hint of....was that blood? She didn't think anymore about it and answers his question "I'm doing as well as to be expected I suppose. My head's killing me though. Probably the pain meds or whatever else the hospital gave me. I took some aspirin so hopefully it'll be going away soon" She looks up at the door as she heard the pizza man making his way down the hall, only knowing it was the pizza guy at the smell of pizza hitting her. "Can you get the door, I paid for the pizza with my card already, there's cash on the table next to the door for a tip" She says before the pizza man knocks on the door. She closes her eyes and lets her head fall back trying to block out the headache. "And I'll owe you big time if you bring me a glass of wine too"

Dorian nods and stands up, walking over to the front door, opening it, and taking the pizza from the pizza man before giving him the tip. As he did it, he glared at him, emotionless eyes and a facial expression that showed only stone. When he shut the door he cleared his throat and brought the pizza into the living room passing it to Darcy. "I'll get you wine now, oh injured one," he jokes as he walks into her hallway and picks up the backpack he had put down as he walked in. He gets the wine out and takes it into the kitchen before searching through her cupboards to find the glasses. Thankfully, it was only the second cupboard he had looked in. He poured two glasses and kept the bottle on the side as he walked into the living room, passing her one of the glasses, the one more full. "But... Emotionally. Like, I know in some cases people who get attacked don't end up okay mentally more than physically, if you get me." He says as he sits down in his place again.

"I swear I didn't invite you over just to cater to me" She says with a chuckle and gratefully takes the wne. She takes a sip of it before sighing a bit, it was definitely needed. "I'm tougher than I look" She says punching him playfully. "No mentally I'm alright... as of right now anyways, it's only been one day. I haven't had any nightmares about it and I mean... It'll probably be a while before I go near any dogs... " She takes another sip of her wine, it dulling the ache of her headache. "We can watch a movie if you'd like I won't make you sit here and make you listen to me drone on about silly things. It was just a dog or wolf or whatever, a canine attack. I'll get over it. I'm alive, I'll probably have a scar but I'll survive"

Dorian grimaces as Darcy punches him, even if it was playful and not hard, his bruised arms were pretty sensitive right now. "I'm glad you're okay, usually those kind of attacks and situations can leave bad scars, mentally obviously." He shrugs his shoulders, "We can watch a movie, I don't mind. It's what you want, and yes, I'm here to cater. Darcy you were attacked by a wolf, you need to relax and be pampered or something, I don't know." He grins slightly, looking at her. Why was he being so nice to her? He had tried to kill her yesterday. He thought about it for a second, again deducing it to trying not to be suspicious. But he had figured something out now, something very important.

Darby smiles. "I'm glad I knocked on your door after midnight that one night" She says with a chuckle. "You're actually quite sweet when you're not woken up in the middle of the night" She jokes. "But I'm feeling Robin Hood Men in Tights. I could use a good laugh and that's a classic. My movies are in the cabinet under the TV" She points at it. "Also ,if you want to bring the box of pizza over here with some paper towels, I'm far from fancy. We don't need to eat on plates." She chuckles. "I'm in no shape to do dishes so the less I have is actually convenient for me." She shifts a bit getting herself comfortable not feeling as guilty for having to have Dorian do a few things for her. "When I heal I owe you."

"You don't owe me, Darcy," he smiles, and stands up as he quickly sorts out the pizza and the paper towels, before he walks away to sort out the DVD. He picks the one she wants and, thankfully familiar with the make of DVD player and TV, sets the DVD up, pressing play and walking back over to the couch. He sits down and gets comfy, smiling at Darcy. "Sorry about acting like that in the middle of the night, by the way. But you didn't wake me up actually, I don't sleep much at night. I sleep at day usually, which is why I'm usually grouchier in the middle of the day than at night. I think I was acting like that that first night because I didn't know you, and I'm generally not a nice person." He explains, but then he goes quiet, "sorry, I'll shut up, the movies on." He smiles and laughs a little.

"Well I apologize for both then. Normal people don't knock on doors in the middle of night and I'm glad you told me. I'll avoid calling you then so as not to wake you. And it's ok" She returns the smile and takes a slice of pizza, surprised at how hungry she was. She downs the last bit of her wine, setting the glass down on the table, she could go for more and would get up in a bit to get another glass, she wasn't going to make Dorian get up just to get her another glass. The bit of alcohol, aspirin, and food definitely helped her headache.

Dorian took a slice of pizza and ate it while he drank some of his wine. He noted that her wine glass was empty, but he would wait until he got her another one so that he could get himself one too. He watches the film quietly, happily. It was warm in Darcy's house, and Dorian wanted to take off his jacket, but he didn't want the bruises to be questioned. What could he say? That he had a rough night? No one went out yesterday, and Darcy was smart. She could connect it to the case the second he came out of his mouth. He rolled up his sleeves to his elbow, to hell with it. A few bruises would be fine to show, he could just say that he walked into things a lot.

(sorry for the delay I had a dinner to go to and then got to come home to a raging thunderstorm, my dog knocking over my rabbit cage which in turn knocked over the hedgehog cage so I had a loose rabbit and hedgehog which meant bedding and what not everywhere @_@ )

Darcy glances over at Dorian as he rolls up his sleeves and laughs. "If you're hot you can take off your jacket, you don't have to modest around me. I'm not going to judge" She states as she awkwardly rolls off the couch to her feet and goes to turn the heat down and grab the bottle of wine. She plops back down on the couch with an annoyed huff before pouring the wine into their glasses, knowing that'd be easier than trying to hobble back with two full wine glasses. That's asking for a wonderful mess. She grabs her wine glass and leans back against the couch, sinking down into it to get comfortable again.

(Oh wow that sounds hectic o_o you have a hedgehog?!)

Dorian smiles and watches her hobble around, he should have offered her help or something but she was already sat back down faster than he could. He takes off his jacket and puts it on the floor by his feet, not saying anything about all the bruises. His bones still ached, he still hurt. He also had figured out his excuse for if she asked him about them. He smiles, "I'm hot in more ways than one, girly," he says and winks at her, laughing slightly as he takes a sip of his wine. He preferred beer, but he wasn't going to complain. He wrapped one arm over the other absentmindedly trying to cover the bruises, even though he knew he couldn't. Damn, that girl really did put up a fight. He always bruised when he changed and changed back, but usually just down his spine and ribs. The bruises on his arms were because of her, and the fight they had had. He was also surprised that he didn't get two black eyes, but thankful none the less.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Lol to say the least and yes named Tater Tot, along with 15 other animals >.> )

Darcy takes a sip of her wine and laughs when he winks at her. "You keep telling yourself that" She teases and looks over at him and notices the bruises. "What on earth happened to you? I don't see you for a week and you get yourself all bruised up" She gingerly touches one of the bruises, truly concerned about it. She takes a sip of her wine while waiting for his answer.

((Ooo what animals!!))

"Oh, bruises? Uh..." He panic, slightly. 'NO! Don't panic! Don't hesitate! Make up a lie! Now!' He thinks to himself and he closes his eyes, before turning to look at her and moving his hands away from his arm. "I just.. I got in a bar fight, basically." He smiles and laughs a little. "Basically it." He scratches his nose and avoids eye contact with her. Well, he wasn't exactly going to tell her that she was the cause of the bruises.

(I have 7 cats, 2 dogs, 2 ferrets, a hedgehog, a rabbit, 2 silkie chickens, and a betta fish)

"Well you're lucky you only ended up with a few bumps and bruises" She turns her attention away from him, she had no reason to suspect anything else from him. For all she knew he was a friend to her, he had always been nice and never showed any reason for her to suspect him. She leans against him after getting a bit more wine into her. The pain killers from earlier were wearing off and the alcohol was the only thing dulling the pain in her leg. Alcohol and pain killers probably weren't the best combination but she didn't care at this point and it seemed the pain killers were mostly out of her system. "Thank you for being here and keeping me distracted. I had the living hell scared out of me yesterday and I don't think I'd want to sit here on my own and dwell on it" She states rather honestly, she usually tries to keep up a tough front but the alcohol was breaking that down a bit.

(Oh wow that is a lot of animals)

Dorian smiles. She bought it, she was awful at seeing if someone was lying or not. Dorian rests his elbow on the arm of the couch and leans his head on his hands. "It's fine, don't worry. I wouldn't expect you to be alone at a time like this." He says and he smiles. He was still feeling withdrawals from yesterday. It was like he needed to kill to feel human. Ha, as if he was classed as a human. He could still remember the night when that had changed forever. The feeling when the wolf had bitten into his arm, how weak he had been. He could still remember his first change, his first kill. Darcy would too, he had made sure of that. But... He wanted to make sure that she was definitely what he thought she was now. "Say, Darcy... How did you know the pizza man was here? And me? We both hadn't even knocked..." He says quietly.

(Yes I like to call it organized chaos until actual chaos ensues like last night. Usually everyone gets along and things run smoothly but I don't know what got into my lab, I guess the thunderstorm though she's never been bothered by them before but I suppose I can't remember if she's ever been left alone during one)

Darcy smiles, glad he wasn't regretting coming over and turns her attention back to the movie and her wine. She turns her head in his direction as he speaks again before tearing her eyes away from the movie to look at him. "I guess I'm not really sure. I suppose you two are just really loud. I heard your footsteps and I knew it was the pizza guy because I could.... smell the pizza" She says the last part reluctantly since it was rather strange to think she could smell a pizza in a box all the way across the room, behind a wall and in the hall. "Maybe it was just a lucky guess. Maybe I wanted pizza so bad I imagined smelling it?" She says mostly trying to rationalize it for herself rather than Dorian.

(I have chaos here and I only have a cat and a dog, so I can't imagine that!)

Dorian smiles a little to himself and nods his head before he redirects his attention to the movie. "Maybe that was it," he says, attempting to reassure her. He didn't say much else while he watched the movie, laughing at appropriate times, actually enjoying it. When it was over he looks over at Darcy and then at the time before smiling. "You, miss injured, need to get some rest, or the doctor will yell at me." He says and raises his eyebrows before grinning at her. "Do you want me to stay here? I mean I can leave if you want but.. It's what you want, remember?" He didn't know exactly what he was going to do if he was invited to stay. Because of his withdrawals, the feeling of needing to kill, he didn't know whether he could trust himself, but then... He could always kill someone next door, even if it was a Wednesday.

Darcy sits up and looks over at him before at the door before back at him and shakes her head. "N-No you don't have to stay. I mean I should be fine it's not like anything's going to happen. I live in an apartment building surrounded by people who would hear something so yes I'll be fine if you want to head home." She states mostly reassuring herself than him. "And I have your number if I need anything since you say you're up at night anyways" She smiles as she stumbles to her feet, using the couch to the balance herself.

Dorian stands up, smiling slightly as he picks up his jacket and pulls it back on. "Are you sure?" He asks as he helps her up properly. "You look like you need help, I don't mind if... No that's weird." He laughs a little, holding onto her as he reaches for her crutches and passes them to her. "Yeah, please, don't hesitate to call me at all, I'll probably be awake all night again," Dorian grins at her, letting go of her after he knew that she was standing up properly. "Okay, then, bye for now, I suppose." He laughs slightly as he walks over to the front door and picks up his backpack, then he opens the front door. He stops and looks back at her before he smiles, "do not hesitate to call if you need me." He walks away from the door, shutting it behind him, before he walks to the exit, and in the direction of his house. Okay, so maybe he wouldn't kill anyone in Darcy's apartment building, but he still needed to kill someone.

Darcy makes her way to the door once Dorian had left locking it behind him. She takes a deep breath and looks around at her now quiet and empty apartment, other than her cat who was still hiding. She sighs makes her way to her room to get some rest. She climbs into bed to the best of her ability soon falling asleep. After a few hours of sleep she finds herself waking up with a start, every muscle in her ached and her bones felt as if they were going to break in half. She goes to reach for her phone but cries out in pain and curls up tightly, gripping at her sheets. She grits her teeth tightly before finally the pain goes away and she finds herself panting as she tries to calm herself back down. What the hell was that about? She goes to close her mouth before finding her tongue move across her teeth which were now much sharper than she remembers. She goes to reach up to touch her mouth only to see her pale freckled skin arm replaced with brownish red fur. She lets out a scream before scrambling backwards and off the bed. She rolls to her feet looking down at her other arm and back at her legs, all the same. She starts breathing heavy, panicking. She looks back to see a tail where one had not existed before. This can't be happening... this has to be a nightmare... She makes her way into her bathroom pulling herself up on the sink before slowly looking at herself in the mirror, giving another scream, falling backwards against the door with a thud. She rolls back onto her feet and looks back at her leg that had been bit, there was still a slight scar there but it wasn't painful anymore and seemed nearly healed. She looks at her phone before sighing frustratedly, she didn't even have thumbs to call anyone, what was she going to do anyways bark at them? She sniffs at the air unintentionally her eyes darting to her cat who had took off out of the room and was in the kitchen. She found herself stalking towards it before shaking her head at realizing what she was doing. She needed to get out of here. She makes her way to her door frustratingly playing with the lock and doorhandle before finally getting it and darts down the stairs and out the door just as someone was coming in who let out a started scream at a wolf running by. She didn't know what else to do, she just ran and ran.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back